PDA

View Full Version : La Vernia VS. Somerset

Donkey41
10-07-2002, 08:26 PM
What do you people think the score will be in this one I'm predicting 31-7. I see a run play getting away from us for some reason. However I still see our pass defense shutting down Sonny Detmer's passing game. I also see us giving up 150 rushing yrds. Any other opinions?

Chris Hart
10-07-2002, 08:41 PM
I won't try and predict a score. I do think LaVernia will win, but this will be a fairly tough test for ya'lls secondary. Somerset needs another year or two to really grasp Detmer's system.

candido32
10-07-2002, 09:05 PM
by no means, should you underestimate somerset.This will not be a tuneup game to get ready for the playoffs. LaVernia better tighten up their chin strap and be ready to play,because they will be tested this week. Somerset does have some fast horses also(DeLos Santos and the Davis brothers).

Donkey41
10-08-2002, 02:18 PM
candido32:
by no means, should you underestimate somerset.This will not be a tuneup game to get ready for the playoffs. LaVernia better tighten up their chin strap and be ready to play,because they will be tested this week. Somerset does have some fast horses also(DeLos Santos and the Davis brothers).I know all three of them. We played them in basketball and yes DeLos Santos is one fast mother. But I don't see this game as being incredibly tough.

candido32
10-09-2002, 04:44 AM
Boy, talk about a homer, considering that the combined record of the the last five teams that LaVernia has played is 10 wins-17 losses. No wonder your defense ranked #1 in the S.A. area. Wow, that is something to really boast about!!!!! Now I am not saying that LaVernia will not beat Somerset but those dawgs are not going to lay down and let you just walk all over them. This dawg will bite back when you rattle his cage. LaVernia will have a little more respect for this dawg when this game is over. eek! :p :p :p :p :D :D

sinton66
10-09-2002, 06:50 AM
Data Poll has LaVernia by +28. I can see them beating that spread. Not saying Somerset will be easy, but we'll see Friday night. http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/17_wink.gif

Donkey41
10-09-2002, 12:41 PM
candido32:
Boy, talk about a homer, considering that the combined record of the the last five teams that LaVernia has played is 10 wins-17 losses. No wonder your defense ranked #1 in the S.A. area. Wow, that is something to really boast about!!!!! Now I am not saying that LaVernia will not beat Somerset but those dawgs are not going to lay down and let you just walk all over them. This dawg will bite back when you rattle his cage. LaVernia will have a little more respect for this dawg when this game is over. eek! :p :p :p :p :D :D I don't know what you're talking about because Somerset hasn't played real quality teams either. And as far as respect... throwing rocks at Poteet's bus and their fans doesn't deserve respect, it deserves criticizm, especially after you won. ( refering to the town not the team) I respect Detmer and his offense, but I don't think you guys quite know it yet. And we will beat the spread. Put you helmets on and get ready to be rattled.

bulldawg55_8
10-09-2002, 01:30 PM
I have to admit this will be a good game and a fight to the finish. Somerset has shown to have a pretty good football team but La Vernia has an awesome pass defense and an ok run defense. I believe La Vernia will come away with this one. Good luck to everyone.