PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum at LaVernia

ExScoop
10-02-2011, 01:00 PM
The Bulldogs should roll
Game will be broadcast at http://www.texasthunderradio.com/

YTBulldogs
10-02-2011, 01:19 PM
"Bo knows football" and Coach Bo Robinson will have his Bears prepared. Yoakum know's what it must do to obtain their goals, and I think they will win 28-13. Hope we have the same week of preparations as we did last week? 1 at a time here on out.

LV_Bearfan
10-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Neither team sniffs the playoffs this year, but La Vernia wins this one 21-14.

29-3aFAN
10-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Neither team sniffs the playoffs this year, but La Vernia wins this one 21-14. Yoakum should be 3rd seed.

buff4ever
10-03-2011, 10:39 AM
This is a tough call. We had played and respected yoakum for years, recently we have battled with La Vernia. This is a must win for Yoakum to fight with Cuero for the 3rd spot, I think that may be what puts Yoakum in top in this close hard faught game.

NewSherriff
10-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Cuero for 3rd seed????? You are talking about a team that has won 42 straight district game. The old saying goes.....let me see if I remember,"you are the champ until someone knocks you off." Cuero has been the champ for a while I would say. They are battle tested and had chances to beat a 6-0 Bellville team in Bellville. Played the last two weeks without their leading rusher and Caleb Harvey for last 4 weeks. Both will be back against Yoakum at full speed. If Sam Houston or Gonzalez had played Cuero's schedule....they would be 1-3 at best.

44INAROW
10-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Cuero for 3rd seed????? You are talking about a team that has won 42 straight district game. The old saying goes.....let me see if I remember,"you are the champ until someone knocks you off." Cuero has been the champ for a while I would say. They are battle tested and had chances to beat a 6-0 Bellville team in Bellville. Played the last two weeks without their leading rusher and Caleb Harvey for last 4 weeks. Both will be back against Yoakum at full speed. If Sam Houston or Gonzalez had played Cuero's schedule....they would be 1-3 at best.

Amen........

I think Yoakum takes this one.. 28-12 that's my scientific guess lol

buff4ever
10-03-2011, 01:15 PM

I feel ya, and have stated similar things on this board before (top 5 3a wimberly and top 10 4a Sandcrabs amonst some one score games). But if I am basing it on this year alone, Cuero has to prove they can beat Gonzales & SH by doing so.

bigcat8
10-03-2011, 01:31 PM
That remains to be seen!!

Snotbubbles
10-03-2011, 01:32 PM

Not so fast Barney Fife. I'll give ya credit playing them big dogs in non-district. But, if you can't pass it, you'll not hang with SH or Gonzales. Trust me, your no Liberty Hill of a few years back. Not yet anyways. Your one silver bullet (42 district wins) get's put back in your pocket this year. Nice run.

bigcat8
10-03-2011, 01:44 PM
i agree with snot....................amazingly!
Not so fast Barney Fife. I'll give ya credit playing them big dogs in non-district. But, if you can't pass it, you'll not hang with SH or Gonzales. Trust me, your no Liberty Hill of a few years back. Not yet anyways. Your one silver bullet (42 district wins) get's put back in your pocket this year. Nice run.

BigGreen61
10-03-2011, 06:54 PM

Cuero highjacked another thread. This is suppose to be about YT vs LV not cuero!!! thanks snot for the advertising cuero you might want to jump on the bandwagon to. WE HAVE D1 LINEMEN TO. YT 21-LV 18 WHAT HAPPEN AT GOBBLER STADIUM LAST YEAR TO SH :crying: NUFF SAID

LV_Bearfan
10-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Why exactly is the abreviation YT used for Yoakum? Just curious.

BigGreen61
10-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Why exactly is the abreviation YT used for Yoakum? Just curious.

yoakum texas

ExScoop
10-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Yoakam is 6-4 against La Vernia according to this site
http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1579&B=1543&REC=6-4-0&S=

Blue42
10-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Since the game is at LV I will have to take the Bears in this one no disrespect to the Dogs but they seem a little suspect after that big loss to Gonzo .

YTBulldogs
10-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Since the game is at LV I will have to take the Bears in this one no disrespect to the Dogs but they seem a little suspect after that big loss to Gonzo .

No disrespect taken Blue42. Did you see the Ykm/GZ game and how 3 of the Apache scores were set up? And our opening drive to their 5? Gonzales was better then we were that night, but---not 30 points better.

fire_it_up
10-04-2011, 02:47 PM
No disrespect taken Blue42. Did you see the Ykm/GZ game and how 3 of the Apache scores were set up? And our opening drive to their 5? Gonzales was better then we were that night, but---not 30 points better.

What does that mean "how 3 of the Apaches scores were set up?" Do you mean set up to get the ball in the end zone or are you implying something else? I saw the Bulldogs give up that night on Apache field. They were defeated right after the half. They are going to have to have more want to than that. Our defense put it to them and to imply anything else is not giving credit where credit is due and making excuses. We also more penalties that night too so you can't say the refs gave it to them.

fire_it_up
10-04-2011, 02:55 PM

Oh and that opening drive to the 5...what happened after that? Oh yea, ya'll didn't score because our defense held Yoakum.

YTBulldogs
10-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Oh and that opening drive to the 5...what happened after that? Oh yea, ya'll didn't score because our defense held Yoakum.

Yes, they did do that via some slobberknocking hits. I said, ya'll were better that night fire_it_up. Just not 30 points better. We helped in that margin ourselves. Turn it over and you kill yourself. Credit to ya'lls defense.

Congrats and good luck this Friday. We have our sites on the Bears currently.

fire_it_up
10-04-2011, 03:39 PM
I would like to see Dogs do well this Friday too. They have to be mentally prepared. They did help beat themselves that night but those mistakes were made because they got rattled. Have to have their head in this one to be successful.

Gontex
10-05-2011, 08:17 AM
I think the Dawgs take this one by at least two touchdowns. Dawgs have an excellent team and do in fact have a very good chance to make the playoffs. New Sheriff is correct though. Cuero is king of the hill until somebody knocks them off the mountain. 42 district wins in a row is a fantastic record.

YTBulldogs
10-05-2011, 10:49 AM
I think the Dawgs take this one by at least two touchdowns. Dawgs have an excellent team and do in fact have a very good chance to make the playoffs. New Sheriff is correct though. Cuero is king of the hill until somebody knocks them off the mountain. 42 district wins in a row is a fantastic record.

I agree GT. Dogs in no way are looking past LV. Coach Robinson is as good as they come. Can't afford to (overlook) in this district. This Friday is vital, no if's and or but's. #5 (Grubb) is the real deal and has to be accounted for on every play.

Cuero is a great representive of our district over the decades, and has earned our respect. Well coached and tremendous dedicated following. They will have our full attention after this Friday I assure you. Not till then.

Lombardi
10-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Gonzo should have scored two more times and then Lock pulled out the starters on the 15 yard line with 2 minutes to go!!
Yes, they did do that via some slobberknocking hits. I said, ya'll were better that night fire_it_up. Just not 30 points better. We helped in that margin ourselves. Turn it over and you kill yourself. Credit to ya'lls defense.

Congrats and good luck this Friday. We have our sites on the Bears currently.

29-3aFAN
10-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Is Yoakum getting their starting RB back? Or is he done for the season?

YTBulldogs
10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Is Yoakum getting their starting RB back? Or is he done for the season?

He is not done for the year. Listed day to day. Wrist is fine. Thank goodness we run 6 backs a game, huh? But, we have missed him past 2 games.

29-3aFAN
10-05-2011, 03:25 PM
I seen #19 run that one touchdown last week, he looked flashy.

Gontex
10-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Gonzo should have scored two more times and then Lock pulled out the starters on the 15 yard line with 2 minutes to go!!

Most impressive part of that game was Gonzales controlling the ball for seven minutes in the third quarter and the full last nine minutes of the game.

YTBulldogs
10-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Another well executed, spirited week of practice topped off with a very motivated pep rally. Dog's are ready and fully aware the importance of this crucial district game. Their off season team goals is at stake. Full steam ahead boys. Don't let up!!!!!!!

YTBulldogs
10-07-2011, 12:39 PM
I seen #19 run that one touchdown last week, he looked flashy.

Yeah, and he's only a soph. Many great runs forthcoming from this talented Bulldog.

Pudlugger
10-07-2011, 05:04 PM
I'll take Yoakum by 2tds.

29-3aFAN
10-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Yoakum by 15

YTBulldogs
10-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Good job LV. Dog's totally flat, no emotion. Have no clue what to think of this showing. Yuck!!!

29-3aFAN
10-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Good job LV. Dog's totally flat, no emotion. Have no clue what to think of this showing. Yuck!!! Not good.

bd62
10-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Bears had a very tough non-dist. schedule and played Cuero down to the wire in Cuero. Not a big upset for them to beat Yoakum at home. Yoakum is a hard team to figure out. One week lights out and next week so-so. They better get over that in order for them to take the next step. If the trend continues they will be lights out next week. This should be a very good game between Yoakum and Cuero. I am sure both teams will be really fired up for this one. Will be fun to watch.