PDA

View Full Version : Reg 1 GOTW week 6 Kennedale @ Alvarado

GrTigers6
10-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Here we go.
I'm thinking Alvarado takes this one fairly easily but don't know exactly how good kennedale is. But my best guess is Alvarado by 10-14

IndianFan2012
10-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm sure Alvarado will come out on top, I'm just not to sure on how big the gap will be... Kennedale's skill is hard to gauge with their funky schedule... Kennedale really treated us poorly last year when we visited Wildcat country. They booed at our football team, their players ran up and down our sidelines with their arms out, they tried to boo our band off the field. I hope Kennedale has more sportsmanship this year.

Alvarado by at least 10!

GO INDIANS!

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-02-2011, 10:24 AM
They are the Indians rivals! They are supposed to boo! They wont be a slouch by any means... It will be pretty heated.. You thought Bridgeport was bad. Just wait til this game! At least we are at home this time. I think Alvarado will win by 14. Good luck to both.. Go #8!!!

tres beauties
10-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Alvarado will get Kennedale's best game thus far. No love lost between these two teams. It will be a physical game. As much as hate to say it and I'll hate to see it even more, there's probably gonna be a few unsportsman like conduct flags between these teams. I'd be really surprised if this one isn't pretty close on the score board which is another reason I hope not to see any personal fouls because they can really change a game. Let your play do your talkin'! I wish the best to both teams!

regaleagle
10-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Yeah, sometimes the underdog team tries to intimidate the favorite with dirty play under the pile. I'm sure Kennedale will use every tactic it can to try to intimidate the Alvarado players into mind games, penalties, personal battles, anything to keep them away from their game. It will be interesting to see the final score in this one. Alvarado 35 Kennedale 21

Gsquared
10-03-2011, 07:14 AM
This game will be broadcast live on TheOldCoach . Im looking forward to this one. If its half the game it was last year, ill be happy!

texas_wildcat
10-03-2011, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE=IndianFan2012;1615413]I'm sure Alvarado will come out on top, I'm just not to sure on how big the gap will be... Kennedale's skill is hard to gauge with their funky schedule... Kennedale really treated us poorly last year when we visited Wildcat country. They booed at our football team, their players ran up and down our sidelines with their arms out, they tried to boo our band off the field. I hope Kennedale has more sportsmanship this year.
Alvarado by at least 10!

I dont know what game you was at last year but, Kennedale people did not boo the band. and if they did they need to try to play better.
I was at alvarado game last week they did not look good at all, if they play like that Kennedale by 21 if they bring there A game Kennedale by 3 because we have a kicker.:1popcorn:

BullBoy
10-03-2011, 08:08 AM
Alvarado by 14

ahs_indian_fan
10-03-2011, 08:15 AM
I dont know what game you was at last year but, Kennedale people did not boo the band. and if they did they need to try to play better. I was at alvarado game last week they did not look good at all, if they play like that Kennedale by 21 if they bring there A game Kennedale by 3 because we have a kicker.:1popcorn:

Which game was that - the one where Alvarado beat a one-loss Bridgeport team on the road by 19 or an undefeated Connally team by 31? Maybe you thought you were watching Alvarado, but were actually at the Lorena-Kennedale game watching the Kats beat a Lorena team that got shutout by Grandview two weeks prior.

I'm sure it will be a great game, but Kennedale has done absolutely nothing to this point to make me think they will beat Alvarado - especially by 21. Alvarado by less than 10 - which would be its closest game thus far.

Send_the_House
10-03-2011, 08:46 AM
I got Alvarado by 17+.

Kennedale has a good system, but don't quite have the same athletes as last year.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I dont know what game you was at last year but, Kennedale people did not boo the band. and if they did they need to try to play better.
I was at alvarado game last week they did not look good at all, if they play like that Kennedale by 21 if they bring there A game

I watched the game video of Kennedale vs. Carrolton Ranchview... If Kennedale brings that game to Alvarado, we win by 35 pts... This game would not even be close... Onderdonck will rush for over 200 yds against Kennedale.. By the way. Where is Kennedales passing game??? Id rather have a challenged kicking game than not have any passing game... A team that runs all the time is easy to prepare for. Stack the box... Im sure Kennedale will score, but not much.. Prosper was a MUCH better team than Kennedale and was SHUT DOWN..

Get ready these country boys from Alvarado are going to bring an old fashioned butt whoopin! Can I get a HELL YEAH!

texas_wildcat
10-03-2011, 01:59 PM
You should look one more time at kennedale passing game they dont have to pass but when they do it goes for a td and yalls running back will be lucky to get 100 yards on the ground #7 was lucky to get what he got they maybe was 5-0 of 4-0 but the teams they play was 3-16 so i dont want to here that. kennedale has 3 kids that run the ball The QB is 7-17 for 176 and 5 TD and ran for 700yard on 55. the TB 545 on 57 and the FB 543 on 66....................but your right Kennedale has not played a good game but they will with all kennedale will have 450 yards andi dont think yall will get more than 300

rholl
10-03-2011, 02:14 PM
reading Texas Wildcats post makes my head hurt!!!!!!!!!

texas_wildcat
10-03-2011, 02:21 PM
i bet it does, you know im right

BullBoy
10-03-2011, 02:21 PM
reading Texas Wildcats post makes my head hurt!!!!!!!!!

:iagree:

rholl
10-03-2011, 02:26 PM
No, I dont know your are right because I can't even figure out what you are trying to say!!!!!

GrTigers6
10-03-2011, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=IndianFan2012;1615413]I'm sure Alvarado will come out on top, I'm just not to sure on how big the gap will be... Kennedale's skill is hard to gauge with their funky schedule... Kennedale really treated us poorly last year when we visited Wildcat country. They booed at our football team, their players ran up and down our sidelines with their arms out, they tried to boo our band off the field. I hope Kennedale has more sportsmanship this year.
Alvarado by at least 10!

I was at alvarado game last week they did not look good at all, if they play like that Kennedale by 21 if they bring there A game Kennedale by 3 because we have a kicker.:1popcorn:Yall always have a kicker. Do you recruit them? :D

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Texas wildcat are you saying the teams Alvarado has played is 3-16 overall???? Lets look at this again...

ALVARADOS SCHEDULE SO FAR:

Waco Robinson 4-1
Springtown 4A 0-5 Only losing team! and 4A.
Prosper 3-2
Bridgeport 4-2
Waco Connally 4-1

Thats a total of 15 wins and 11 losses... you take the 5 losses away against Alvarado you have 15-6..... Now lets do Kennedales record..

KENNEDALES RECORD SO FAR:

Denison 1-5
WF Rider 4-2
Kaufman 1-4
Lorena 2-3
Carrolton Ranchview 0-5

Thats a total of 8 wins and 19 losses... Take the 5 losses away by Kennedale you still have a record of 8-14...

So who has had the cupcake schedule???? How many points has your team given up?

We have had a tough schedule and still scored as much as you and given up half the points!!!

Onderdonck has over 1100 yds alone against these teams!! This game won't be close...

I think I have made my point.

texas_wildcat
10-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Two out of five of the schools are 4a ........... you can look at it anyway you want. we will see who is better on friday night and when kennedale i dont want to hear oh it was this or that

IndianFan2012
10-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Two out of five of the schools are 4a ........... you can look at it anyway you want. we will see who is better on friday night and when kennedale i dont want to hear oh it was this or that

Let's face it, your defense can't stack up to our offense.

IndianFan2012
10-03-2011, 07:52 PM
I was at alvarado game last week they did not look good at all, if they play like that Kennedale by 21 if they bring there A game Kennedale by 3 because we have a kicker.:1popcorn:

They booed before we started playing.

texas_wildcat
10-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Kennedale offense is 19th in 3a and our defense is not as good at 72nd and alvarado defense is #1 but your offense is not that hot its 33rd

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Alvarado-High-School-Alvarado-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2011/CFB76376/

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Kennedale-High-School-Kennedale-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2011/

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-04-2011, 06:37 AM
Wow!!! I wouldnt even show those links... By those you prove us by far the better team!!!

Look at the teams you played and thier rankings!! Look at ours!! look at your team rank. seriously u think your team even competes?

1 more thing... If Alvarado played the teams you did... their offense would be number one.. not 19..

Win, lose, or draw.. Its sure fun to talk a little smack! lol! Good luck guys!

hollywood
10-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Kennedale by 7. Alvarado hasn't played teams any better than Kennedale. It's a wash. Heard Kennedale has really improved each week.

Matthew328
10-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Kennedale is pretty young with the exception of their QB....losing the Alli kid before the season started really hurt their D but they've had some young kids step up...Alvarado has a big edge experience wise.....this is gonna be a war...it's really a pretty good rivalry....Alvarado by 3

ahs_indian_fan
10-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Kennedale by 7. Alvarado hasn't played teams any better than Kennedale. It's a wash. Heard Kennedale has really improved each week.

Those chemical fumes drift over to Kennedale yesterday? Prosper is definitely better than Kennedale, Bridgeport would give you all you wanted and then some. Of course you're going to improve when you're playing Kaufman, Lorena and Ranchview each week! With the schedule Alvarado has played, they are much more prepared for a big game against a quality opponent than Kennedale will be after that cupcake schedule.

Matthew328
10-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Rider was a 4A Quarter-Finalist a year ago and Lorena is a solid team...Denison isn't a great 4A team but they are improving...Kennedale's schedule isn't quite as bad as you make it out to be

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-04-2011, 01:37 PM
I guess if you call a Lorena team at the bottom of thier district at 2-3. And having got thier butts kicked by a 2A Grandview! lol.. Good luck with that one...

ahs_indian_fan
10-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Rider was a 4A Quarter-Finalist a year ago and Lorena is a solid team...Denison isn't a great 4A team but they are improving...Kennedale's schedule isn't quite as bad as you make it out to be

Last year's Rider team was a lot better than the current edition - as a matter of fact, there's a chance Rider doesn't make the playoffs this year. They already have a district loss to Little Elm, a loss already marked in the books against Denton Ryan and Wichita Falls is much improved. Lorena is good, but I'd say they are far from solid ... their two wins are against West (who will lose to Venus in district) and Groesbeck! They also lost, I'm sorry, were shutout, by Grandview 25-0.

Matthew328
10-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Lorena's not nearly as bad you as you think...last time I checked Grandview was a decent 2A.....and btw Lorena's not at the bottom of their district..everyone is 0-0.

Denison may very well make the 4A playoffs this year..so that gives Kennedale 2 4A playoff teams on their non-district slate...I mean you highlighted an 0-5 4A team right? Let's highlight the 4A State Quarter-Finalist that Kennedale went on the road and lost by 7 to also.

Matthew328
10-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Last year's Rider team was a lot better than the current edition - as a matter of fact, there's a chance Rider doesn't make the playoffs this year. They already have a district loss to Little Elm, a loss already marked in the books against Denton Ryan and Wichita Falls is much improved. Lorena is good, but I'd say they are far from solid ... their two wins are against West (who will lose to Venus in district) and Groesbeck! They also lost, I'm sorry, were shutout, by Grandview 25-0.

Rider will be fine, they lost in OT to a Little Elm squad that's 5-1 on the year. If you think they are missing the playoffs, then you haven't seen any of the other 4-4A teams.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-04-2011, 01:48 PM
I have watched the film... They are ok... but still not quality... Im going to post this link for Kennedale.. get ready to see the #7 from the back side. This is my boy Wayne Onderdonck. Also I hope # 8 does some damage to y'all too.. Thats my boy..

Wayne wore number 25 a couple of yrs back. This video is from his soph and Jr yrs.. He is a senior now and better and healthier.. enjoy!

Good job Wayne..

http://www.youtube.com/user/football71355?blend=4&ob=5

Matthew328
10-04-2011, 01:55 PM
I have watched the film... They are ok... but still not quality... Im going to post this link for Kennedale.. get ready to see the #7 from the back side. This is my boy Wayne Onderdonck. Also I hope # 8 does some damage to y'all too.. Thats my boy..

Wayne wore number 25 a couple of yrs back. This video is from his soph and Jr yrs.. He is a senior now and better and healthier.. enjoy!

Good job Wayne..

http://www.youtube.com/user/football71355?blend=4&ob=5

Rider would beat the brakes off of any team on Alvarado's schedule with the exception of Prosper. I'd still take Rider in that game. Alvarado's still a better team and has played a slightly better schedule than Kennedale but the gap isn't what some are making it out to be. Alvarado wins this game because they have experience in these big games and that goes a long way. Kennedale is more talented but also prone to making youthful mistakes and I expect Alvarado to take full advantage.

ahs_indian_fan
10-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Rider will be fine, they lost in OT to a Little Elm squad that's 5-1 on the year. If you think they are missing the playoffs, then you haven't seen any of the other 4-4A teams.

I give them credit for beating Rider, but my point is Rider is not a state-quarterfinalist team this year unless they get to run through Amarillo and El Paso again. I only said there's a chance they miss the playoffs because they already have a district loss and what I would assume is another one looming against Denton Ryan. If someone else (The Colony for instance) sneaks up and beats them they may not be one of the top three teams.
I don't think anyone was pounding their chest about beating Springtown ... if they were, they're an idiot. I still believe the schedule of Robinson, Springtown, Prosper, Bridgeport and Connally will have Alvarado better prepared for a big game than what Kennedale has faced through its first five games.

As a side note - I think Robinson will get that third playoff spot behind China Spring and LaVega this year - don't think Lorena makes the playoffs.

Matthew328
10-04-2011, 01:57 PM
I give them credit for beating Rider, but my point is Rider is not a state-quarterfinalist team this year unless they get to run through Amarillo and El Paso again. I only said there's a chance they miss the playoffs because they already have a district loss and what I would assume is another one looming against Denton Ryan. If someone else (The Colony for instance) sneaks up and beats them they may not be one of the top three teams.
I don't think anyone was pounding their chest about beating Springtown ... if they were, they're an idiot. I still believe the schedule of Robinson, Springtown, Prosper, Bridgeport and Connally will have Alvarado better prepared for a big game than what Kennedale has faced through its first five games.

As a side note - I think Robinson will get that third playoff spot behind China Spring and LaVega this year - don't think Lorena makes the playoffs.

AHS 4 teams make the playoffs in 4A.

ahs_indian_fan
10-04-2011, 02:01 PM
AHS 4 teams make the playoffs in 4A.

Lorena plays in a 3A district with LaVega, China Spring, Robinson, Connally and Gatesville ... only three teams make the playoffs.

I see now you were talking about Rider ... you are correct, I have a better chance of winning the lottery than Rider does of missing the playoffs.

catfan
10-04-2011, 06:02 PM
If Alvarado can stop the QB it will be key. I don't see that happening.Rivalry games are rarely blowouts as you can tell by the previous meetings between KHS and AHS. Rivera has moves like Bates. Only difference is he will carry the ball a lot more than Bates. Kennedale D has not been good. Look for a high scoring game. Kennedale by 7

IndianFan2012
10-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Bates DOES NOT carry us, we have so many other athletes.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-04-2011, 07:50 PM
I can name about 10 great athletes on this team....

IndianFan2012
10-04-2011, 07:58 PM
I can name about 10 great athletes on this team....

Hardy, Onderdonck, Glasscock, Moody, Goff, Holbert, Thomas, McNeil, West, Vanderhoff

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Bates, Gentry, Sevener, Leger, Geeo, Walraven, Castillo, Villareal, Pinkerton, Ellinger. Theres 10 more.. Most of which will be all district.

ahs_indian_fan
10-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Bates, Gentry, Sevener, Leger, Geeo, Walraven, Castillo, Villareal, Pinkerton, Ellinger. Theres 10 more.. Most of which will be all district.

Ok, going to have to throw a flag on this one guys ... I'm an Alvarado supporter and I believe the Indians will win, but why are we naming the starting center, other offensive linemen, our third string running back and a defensive linemen as our best athletes?

Seems like we're kind of stretching doesn't it? Your are correct in saying Bates does not carry the Indians as much as people think he does, but he's still a huge part of what the Indians do.

Just remember, he and last year's starting running back were not on the field for the last minute drive against Kennedale last year!

ahs_indian_fan
10-04-2011, 09:33 PM
If Alvarado can stop the QB it will be key. I don't see that happening.Rivalry games are rarely blowouts as you can tell by the previous meetings between KHS and AHS. Rivera has moves like Bates. Only difference is he will carry the ball a lot more than Bates. Kennedale D has not been good. Look for a high scoring game. Kennedale by 7

The thing you have to have to beat/stop a quarterback like Kennedale's is fast, athletic linebackers and that is what Alvarado has. Heading into the season, the linebackers were probably the biggest question mark but they have actually been the reason the defense has been so good. Gentry and Johnson have been getting behind the line of scrimmage at will while Villareal and Thomas have unbelievable speed to the sidelines. I'm sure Kennedale will have their share of big plays - they always do - but Alvarado's defense is special this year and I don't think Kennedale can make enough big plays to win this one.

texas_wildcat
10-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Kennedale is very fast one of the fastest kennedale i have seen in 10 years. If your linebackers can stop the QB and the FB and the TB, it will be a long day for yall.

catfan
10-04-2011, 11:21 PM
I know once Bates got hurt last year in the semi's the game turned big time. There was no way they should of lost. He is the key.

hollywood
10-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Those chemical fumes drift over to Kennedale yesterday? Prosper is definitely better than Kennedale, Bridgeport would give you all you wanted and then some. Of course you're going to improve when you're playing Kaufman, Lorena and Ranchview each week! With the schedule Alvarado has played, they are much more prepared for a big game against a quality opponent than Kennedale will be after that cupcake schedule.

lol, sorry I'm not from Kennedale. Just an unbias opinion. Sounds like it's shaping up to be a great game. Knowing the game is in Alvarado, Indians should have a slight advantage. Like someone esle had posted earlier, Alvarado is the more experienced team and should be able to take advantage of youthful mistakes by Kennedale. It'll come down to who makes the least costly mistakes. Kennedale definitely has more gifted talent but that doesn't always make the better team. I will more than likely tune in for this one.

King-Kat
10-05-2011, 02:13 PM
:clap:This will be a great game. Coach Barrett has a great way of getting his team "up" for big games. Kennedale for years now has been blessed with uncanny speed and once again this is the case. Kennedales shortcoming is size and depth. They make up for their lack of size with physical strength and technique. These young men play out of the wing T and if done correct is very hard to stop. They play this formation from pee-wee to high school.

I have seen both teams play this year and Alvarado is a well coached team. Alvarado's concern would be their linebackers ability to keep up with Kennedales speed. Based on 40 speeds, the 3 primary backs and quarterback for Kennedale are faster on paper. This does not always translate to better on the field, but still remains to be seen.

Alvarado's Receivers have a good height advantage on the wildcats defensive backs, but with the kats speed, should be able to blanket them in coverage.

Anyone expecting a blow-out in this contest either way is mistaken in my opinion.

Kennedale has started "sluggish" in every game this year. If that happens this week I don't think they can recover as with other softer teams.
If they come out hard and fast and make their assignments then all bets are off.

Should it come down to place kicking.....Kennedale has a huge advantage.

All said and done................KENNEDALE 35 ALVARADO 28

texas_wildcat
10-05-2011, 04:57 PM
:clap:This will be a great game. Coach Barrett has a great way of getting his team "up" for big games. Kennedale for years now has been blessed with uncanny speed and once again this is the case. Kennedales shortcoming is size and depth. They make up for their lack of size with physical strength and technique. These young men play out of the wing T and if done correct is very hard to stop. They play this formation from pee-wee to high school.

I have seen both teams play this year and Alvarado is a well coached team. Alvarado's concern would be their linebackers ability to keep up with Kennedales speed. Based on 40 speeds, the 3 primary backs and quarterback for Kennedale are faster on paper. This does not always translate to better on the field, but still remains to be seen.

Alvarado's Receivers have a good height advantage on the wildcats defensive backs, but with the kats speed, should be able to blanket them in coverage.

Anyone expecting a blow-out in this contest either way is mistaken in my opinion.

Kennedale has started "sluggish" in every game this year. If that happens this week I don't think they can recover as with other softer teams.
If they come out hard and fast and make their assignments then all bets are off.

Should it come down to place kicking.....Kennedale has a huge advantage.

All said and done................KENNEDALE 35 ALVARADO 28

:clap: :iagree:

PHOP
10-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Alvaredo owns this game

texas_wildcat
10-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Alvaredo owns this game

It is easy for someone to say that when they shut yall out. :twitch:

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Ok.... Kennedales speed is no different ffrom Prosper or Waco Connally.. Waco was shut out last friday... They have averaged over 40 pts a game... their offense scored 0.... Prosper averaged that too.. They scored 7 pts.. what makes Kennedale any different than them??? We have the #1 defense in the state in 3A. You think youll score 35? If you do score it may be on a broken play. Our clock management will keep the score down for Kennedale. My prediction is Alvarado 42 to Kennedale 14. Will be fin to watch... I want to send a "hi" to Hunter Smith on Kennedales team. I coached him one season! #64. Good luck... Also hi to Brett Wade. From Kennedale.

texas_wildcat
10-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Ok.... Kennedales speed is no different ffrom Prosper or Waco Connally.. Waco was shut out last friday... They have averaged over 40 pts a game... their offense scored 0.... Prosper averaged that too.. They scored 7 pts.. what makes Kennedale any different than them??? We have the #1 defense in the state in 3A. You think youll score 35? If you do score it may be on a broken play. Our clock management will keep the score down for Kennedale. My prediction is Alvarado 42 to Kennedale 14. Will be fin to watch... I want to send a "hi" to Hunter Smith on Kennedales team. I coached him one season! #64. Good luck... Also hi to Brett Wade. From Kennedale.

i was at the waco connally game and they are not fast like kennedale at all. you will be way off from this score.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Wanna come sit by me on the Alvarado side so you can buy me a hotdog at halftime wildcat? Team behind buys the other guy a fat hotdog? lol!

texas_wildcat
10-05-2011, 08:39 PM
you keep that in mind that cool. but last time i knew there was 48 min in a game not 24 min .... so you can come sit by me and at the end of the game you can buy me a steak dinner.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-05-2011, 08:41 PM
U gotta deal... If Kennedale wins I buy you a steak! BUt... If Alvarado wins U buy me one.:clap:

GrTigers6
10-05-2011, 09:19 PM
U gotta deal... If Kennedale wins I buy you a steak! BUt... If Alvarado wins U buy me one.:clap:On my way home from Venus yall can buy me a steak as well!:D:wave:

Matthew328
10-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Just stop at FasTaco in Venus

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-05-2011, 09:37 PM
I would but they closed that one down! I love Fas taco!:twitch:

Matthew328
10-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Sad day when FasTaco closes

King-Kat
10-06-2011, 01:24 AM
OK guys, have seen Waco, Prosper, Alvarado, and Kennedale. When it comes to speed, Kennedale wins in a landslide. Does this translate to winning on the field...NO. The problem is not knowing which runner gets the ball, and in the Wing-T, this in itself is a problem. Keying on one particular back against Kennedale will get you burned. The speed of the linebackers and maintaining their assignments is what will help Alvarado, size in that area is less important. While at the Kennedale Kaufman game i saw their size and thought wow, these guys are going to hurt us. Problem was, they could not catch us. This has been the same with the other games. If Kennedale runners are stopped at the line, they are easily contained, if they get outside or find a seam, it is nearly impossible to catch them even with the right angle. Because of the complexity of Kennedales formation, I see potential for several "big plays", thus the reasoning of my 35 points. I am a little leery of just saying 28 for Alvarado as Kennedales defense has a few holes and shortcomings that i thought would have been fixed by now...here is to hoping they are.

Kennedale is a young team and not a lot of experience as Alvarado is well seasoned. I do expect this to be a very hard and physical game either way.

Me and Fast Taco are not a good combo

Steak................now we're talking

p.s. both teams are playoff bound and this IMO is simply going to be for district champs!!

PHOP
10-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Yes they did and that is why I say they will own Kennedale

hollywood
10-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Sounds like there is a big wave everyone is riding high on in A-town right now... deservingly so. And there's been some good football smack going on in this thread too. Let's see who can back it up. Tread lightly if you're from A-town... going into this one over confident will get you down in the reef real quick on a busted wave. ;-)

rholl
10-06-2011, 09:44 AM
COMPOSURE!!!!!!! Thats one of the keys, which team maintains their composure the best!!!!!

texas_wildcat
10-06-2011, 11:50 AM
COMPOSURE!!!!!!! Thats one of the keys, which team maintains their composure the best!!!!!

Just one more day till the game baby......:clap:

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-06-2011, 12:56 PM
I think us parents are the only ones taking it for granted. It will be a fun game for sure... Last years game was the best i have ever seen in HS football.. This is truly a rivalry. If Kennedale can keep its "Composure" They will give A town a run... But if Alvarado's maturity shows it wont be too close.. Hurry up Friday!!! Getting butterflies already! Are you??!!!

Matthew328
10-07-2011, 07:28 AM
So I'm guessing after Denton Ryan needed a last second field goal to beat Rider, we can safely assume Kennedale has played one REALLY good team?

garciap77
10-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Alvarado by 21!

ahs_indian_fan
10-07-2011, 08:21 AM
So I'm guessing after Denton Ryan needed a last second field goal to beat Rider, we can safely assume Kennedale has played one REALLY good team?

Nah ... that would throw a wrench into my argument so we'll just pretend Ryan was missing half the team due to the flu ...

-Neal

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-07-2011, 09:25 AM
U might be right... Rider may be a good team... Makes tonights game so much more exciting!!! Less than 10 hrs til gametime!!

Txbroadcaster
10-07-2011, 09:39 AM
man this thread alone has me pumped to be broadcasting the game lol

hollywood
10-07-2011, 10:19 AM

What was the score of the Rider/Kennedale game?

GrTigers6
10-07-2011, 10:19 AM
What was the score of the Rider/Kennedale game?28-21

Roughneck93
10-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Alvarado by 14.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-07-2011, 11:45 AM
I think Rider won by a touchdown.. Was pretty close.

King-Kat
10-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes Rider won by a touchdown 28-21 and Kennedale had 2 long TD runs called back, one for holding and one for block in the back.

hollywood
10-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Then Kennedale by 21!

That's my best garciap77 impression. :wave:

Anyone posting game updates on 3ADL?

texas_wildcat
10-07-2011, 05:02 PM
:1popcorn:I think King-kat will be giving updates for this game if anyone wanted to know that.
2hours and ten min till the game start.

IndianFan2012
10-09-2011, 10:31 AM
WOW. What a game.

Sorry to hear about your QB wildcat. Was anyone else hurt?