PDA

View Full Version : Ags Reeling Early

bigcountry
10-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Wow, ags are 4 games into the season and are .500 with now two second half collapses, and next a road game at Tech. Not sure how Sherman picks this team up. I see no excuses by the ag coaching staff on this one. I thought this was a very AVERAGE Arkie defense, with 2 DE starters out, and ags can't hold onto a lead by pounding the football the 2nd half? This team may be in serious trouble.

Hate to say it, but they will see much tougher opponents (especially with defense) in Bama, Auburn, LSU, etc. and are going to have to do it without the likes of what I THOUGHT was a strong group of seniors like Gray, Michael, Tannehill, Fuller, etc. This does not bode too well for the near future of aggie football. Could be some very long seasons ahead for aggie fans, because I will ASSURE you it will get even tougher than today, next year. And that surely will not help with recruiting. Not a good loss for the ags today.

Snotbubbles
10-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Poor Ag's, "hook" Tech

bigcountry
10-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Correct that....Michael is a junior looks like. Maybe a little hope with the running game, but he has trouble holding on to the football.

griff
10-01-2011, 03:48 PM
The Ags should have gone for it on the two 4th down and short opportunities in the 2nd half. That, more than anything else, is where the game was lost. I believe the Ags would have scored on at least one of those drives (probably both) and Arkansas' comeback would have been too little too late. I still can't believe Sherman didn't go for it. They were running all over the Arkansas defense.

Pendragon13
10-01-2011, 03:56 PM
They may not be competitive with the SEC big boys right away, but their recruiting will improve among kids who want to play in the SEC, yet remain in-state. The problem is that if after several seasons they still haven't made any noise, and the newness wears off...the prime recruits will shift back to the Big 12 schools who have a decent shot at the NC or at least a BCS bowl.

bigcountry
10-01-2011, 04:06 PM
They may not be competitive with the SEC big boys right away, but their recruiting will improve among kids who want to play in the SEC, yet remain in-state. The problem is that if after several seasons they still haven't made any noise, and the newness wears off...the prime recruits will shift back to the Big 12 schools who have a decent shot at the NC or at least a BCS bowl.

There will be NO SHIFT in recruits from Texas or OU in the first place. Let's make that clear. UT & OU has, and ALWAYS will get theirs. UT recruiting will be solid with it's second to none facilities, and now the Longhorn Network to show off. Good programs like OU & UT will see no effect on recruiting with the A&M move to the SEC, trust me on that one!

NastySlot
10-01-2011, 04:18 PM
There will be NO SHIFT in recruits from Texas or OU in the first place. Let's make that clear. UT & OU has, and ALWAYS will get theirs. UT recruiting will be solid with it's second to none facilities, and now the Longhorn Network to show off. Good programs like OU & UT will see no effect on recruiting with the A&M move to the SEC, trust me on that one!

i agree with most of what you say the horns will always get the recruits...........but second to none facilities i've visited a few...and in conference OU is a head..............the Aggies lag..but could catch up being in the SEC...look at what SEC money has done for all the facilites at Arkansas. the LHN only time will tell...still don't get it...300 mil..for showing nothing? The Aggies will make up some ground on recruiting but im afraid will still come in behind the two you mentioned.

bigcountry
10-01-2011, 04:34 PM
i agree with most of what you say the horns will always get the recruits...........but second to none facilities i've visited a few...and in conference OU is a head..............the Aggies lag..but could catch up being in the SEC...look at what SEC money has done for all the facilites at Arkansas. the LHN only time will tell...still don't get it...300 mil..for showing nothing? The Aggies will make up some ground on recruiting but im afraid will still come in behind the two you mentioned.

Every horn follower I know that has the LHN, says it is absolutely great. Problem is, it is not being taken up with the big carriers. This will change once the conference realignment (whenever that happens) gets settled. That is what is scaring the carriers right now.

UT is currently renovating its football complex (dressing rooms, etc.) and if you haven't seen lately, the stadium is WAY better than what OU has, and isn't that where the football is actually played? I also know that there is a push to close the south endzone some day, and when that happens, the stadium will be a monster. With the UT budget, and always being #1 in team merchandising sells in the nation, there will always be plenty of money to keep the horn football program 2nd to none when it comes to facilities & resources.

TheDOCTORdre
10-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Kids who want to play in the SEC and remain in the state of Texas are going to find out rather quickly that they would be better off crossing over state lines to LSU for a chance to compete in the SEC

OldNavy
10-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Kids who want to play in the SEC and remain in the state of Texas are going to find out rather quickly that they would be better off crossing over state lines to LSU for a chance to compete in the SEC

I understand that. Kids that want to play in the SEC and remain in the state of Texas are better off to leave the state. Wait...:vrycnfsd:

Old Tiger
10-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Correct that....Michael is a junior looks like. Maybe a little hope with the running game, but he has trouble holding on to the football.He goes to the league IMO

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Every horn follower I know that has the LHN, says it is absolutely great. Problem is, it is not being taken up with the big carriers. This will change once the conference realignment (whenever that happens) gets settled. That is what is scaring the carriers right now.

UT is currently renovating its football complex (dressing rooms, etc.) and if you haven't seen lately, the stadium is WAY better than what OU has, and isn't that where the football is actually played? I also know that there is a push to close the south endzone some day, and when that happens, the stadium will be a monster. With the UT budget, and always being #1 in team merchandising sells in the nation, there will always be plenty of money to keep the horn football program 2nd to none when it comes to facilities & resources.

what do they thing is so great about it (real question) what s being shown?....or is it just great to say they have it and that the team they pull has a network?

you said facilites...not just stadium....thinking DKR went through the most recent renovations of all the stadiums in the conference so new is always better i guess....... when tech added on to jones esp. the boxes.....I knew horns that were in awe...it was new.

and you are right about the team merchandising......just go to any grocery or walmart and she wants sold burnt orange....Masking Tape to t-shirts.............when you re winning the masses will buy anything.

Gontex
10-02-2011, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=bigcountry;1615367]Wow, ags are 4 games into the season and are .500 with now two second half collapses, and next a road game at Tech. Not sure how Sherman picks this team up. I see no excuses by the ag coaching staff on this one. I thought this was a very AVERAGE Arkie defense, with 2 DE starters out, and ags can't hold onto a lead by pounding the football the 2nd half? This team may be in serious trouble.

That fan base at CS can turn faster than a striking rattlesnake. If the Ags drop two more games, they will be hollering for Sherman's head. Big 12 is not cake walk this year. Mizzou, Tech, K-State, Baylor and Texas could all put a butt whooping on the Aggies. See where they are if that happens.

Old Tiger
10-02-2011, 08:34 AM
what do they thing is so great about it (real question) what s being shown?....or is it just great to say they have it and that the team they pull has a network?

you said facilites...not just stadium....thinking DKR went through the most recent renovations of all the stadiums in the conference so new is always better i guess....... when tech added on to jones esp. the boxes.....I knew horns that were in awe...it was new.

and you are right about the team merchandising......just go to any grocery or walmart and she wants sold burnt orange....Masking Tape to t-shirts.............when you re winning the masses will buy anything.There is generally Aggie apparel right next to those UT shirts and etc.

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 08:55 AM
There is generally Aggie apparel right next to those UT shirts and etc.
yes sometimes and not near as much and you know that................it's not even close in the amount of texas stuff being sold in comparison to not only the Aggies but other teams............never any Tech stuff. and you know why...winning teams sell.....cause people will by anything.

there are reasons why the horns make so much money...winning helps.

Old Tiger
10-02-2011, 09:10 AM
yes sometimes and not near as much and you know that................it's not even close in the amount of texas stuff being sold in comparison to not only the Aggies but other teams............never any Tech stuff. and you know why...winning teams sell.....cause people will by anything.

there are reasons why the horns make so much money...winning helps.At the wal-marts I have been too its about evenly stocked....The only reason I can think of that it wouldn't be is because merchandisers know Texas sells more?

VWG
10-02-2011, 10:37 AM
If Sherman and his staff crater this season....
How about Gary Patterson or Urban Meyer to TAMU???? Rumors will fly, might as well start them here.

3afan
10-02-2011, 11:00 AM
looks like aTm was a pretender, too bad .....

Old Tiger
10-02-2011, 11:01 AM
If Sherman and his staff crater this season....
How about Gary Patterson or Urban Meyer to TAMU???? Rumors will fly, might as well start them here.Urban Meyer doesn't want to coach anymore....too much stress for his heart condition.

LionFan72
10-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Welcoming game to SEC Saggie's. What a flopper!

crabman
10-02-2011, 12:16 PM
I am not as worried about A&M as much as you guys. We put up 625 yards of offense against the #14 team in the nation. Run defense was exceptional. Pass defense was the gaping hole. With the athletes we have, that is pure coaching and should be correctable. Watch the first half of OK St. and Arkansas and you will see a phenomenal football display. Unfortunately the other teams schemed an offense to penetrate our defense. Coaching, coaching.

I do like Sherman a lot. We look more like a pro team than we have ever looked. Love the hurry up. Love the multi-dimensional looks. If we only had a defense....

Bosqueville
10-02-2011, 12:17 PM
And to hear the Arkansas fans chanting SEC at the end made me laugh out loud!!!

Phil C
10-02-2011, 04:45 PM
And to hear the Arkansas fans chanting SEC at the end made me laugh out loud!!!

Right you are especially with how they have done there. A&M is going to have problems the next few years because this year everyone they play in the Big 12 is going to be up for them since they are leaving the conference and then next year SEC teams will be up because they don't want to lose to the new kid on the block.

Gontex
10-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Watch the first half of OK St. and Arkansas and you will see a phenomenal football display. Unfortunately the other teams schemed an offense to penetrate our defense. Coaching, coaching.
....[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked, you have to play two halves to complete a game.

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Watch the first half of OK St. and Arkansas and you will see a phenomenal football display. Unfortunately the other teams schemed an offense to penetrate our defense. Coaching, coaching.

Last time I checked, you have to play two halves to complete a game.[/QUOTE]

Really i've heard that also.................but couldn't it be said that OSU and Arkansas only played one half also...but were just better in their halves?