PDA

View Full Version : Air Force Beats Navy in OT 35 to 34.

Phil C
10-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Navy came from 18 points behind and scored 8 points in the last few seconds to send the game into OT. Navy had the ball first and scored a td but an unsportsmanship penalty that was deserved set the ball back 15 yards on the extra point. The extra point was blocked just enough to send the kick wide. Probably without the penalty it would have still been inside. Then Air Force made a td and won it with the extra point.

TexMike
10-01-2011, 03:01 PM
The uns conduct foul was way out of character for Navy. Did appear to be deserved though

Phil C
10-01-2011, 04:52 PM
The uns conduct foul was way out of character for Navy. Did appear to be deserved though

I agree TexMike and it was costly. The ironic thing is that it the Navy QB Proctor that drew the penalty after leading a great comeback. Without that penalty distance I think the extra point would have been made.

turbostud
10-01-2011, 11:16 PM
My brother and nephew(who graduates from Air Force Academy in May) were at this game in Annapolis and both said it was a great game.

OldNavy
10-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Great comeback by Navy. They had fourth and one in OT and instead of taking the fieldgoal, they lined up and went for the touchdown. I don't blame them for celebrating. I just hate to see that be the difference in the game. I think Airforce earned the win, but would have liked to seen more overtime. What an entertaining game. GO NAVY!

warhorsejoe
10-02-2011, 07:54 AM
Great comeback by Navy. They had fourth and one in OT and instead of taking the fieldgoal, they lined up and went for the touchdown. I don't blame them for celebrating. I just hate to see that be the difference in the game. I think Airforce earned the win, but would have liked to seen more overtime. What an entertaining game. GO NAVY!

GO NAVY! Just Beat ARMY!!

3afan
10-02-2011, 10:52 AM
looking fwd to Oct 22nd, got 5 tix for East Carolina @ USNA