PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley having Benefit for Bastrop Fire Victims Today

wimbo_pro
10-01-2011, 01:53 PM
All day today, the entire Community of Wimberley is donating their time and their money to raise funds for the victims of the Bastrop Fires. It's called the "Burning Love" Benefit, and every store and shop and business is participating. There are an estimated 60 entries in the Chili cook off, 6 bands playing on the outdoor stage behind Cypress Creek Cafe (I play in one of them at 8pm), countless musicians and artists out on the square and in every nook and cranny along the entire square and the surrounding businesses as well. The town is hopping with donation stations, auctions, food vendors, car washes, EVERYTHING that can raise money. And what a day to have it!! It's beautiful outside!

If you are close, please stop by. If you live here...DON'T MAKE US COME GET YOU!!!!

wimbo_pro
10-01-2011, 04:11 PM
bump

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Very cool of Wimberley to do this.

wimbo_pro
10-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Very cool of Wimberley to do this.

Thank you Tarpon....we raised many thousands of dollars (totals not in yet) and many thousands of pounds of donations to help our fellow Texans. I know they would do it for us...its the least we can do.

LionFan72
10-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Thank you Wimberly for helping the neighbors out, that is what we should all be doing! Without government assistance!

Tejastrue
10-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Thank you Tarpon....we raised many thousands of dollars (totals not in yet) and many thousands of pounds of donations to help our fellow Texans. I know they would do it for us...its the least we can do.

Was in Austin most of the day supporting the band (Capital City Marching Contest). They took 2nd behind 4A Stony Point. Great idea to hold the benefit while "Market Days" was going on. I'm sure that helped tremendously with the donations...:clap:

wimbo_pro
10-02-2011, 07:25 PM
I was told today that Wimberley raised over $25k cash for the Bastrop victims over the weekend. I am proud of my community.

Tejastrue
10-02-2011, 07:36 PM
I was told today that Wimberley raised over $25k cash for the Bastrop victims over the weekend. I am proud of my community.

:clap::clap::clap:

LionFan72
10-03-2011, 01:32 AM

Thanks guys, true Texas spirit.