Old Tiger
10-01-2011, 10:50 AM
less than a minute into game aggie defense has to call a timeout

Bull Butter
10-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Less than 7 minutes into the game Aggies up 14-0

Old Tiger
10-01-2011, 11:12 AM
That SEC defense is just too fast...they're over runing every play!

BaseballUmp
10-01-2011, 02:20 PM
A&M secondary is MIA
510 passing yards!

Saggy Aggie
10-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Imploded again. Sweet.

Yoe_09
10-01-2011, 02:27 PM
wow.

Pendragon13
10-01-2011, 02:32 PM
0-2 in both their current and future conferences...not good.

Phil C
10-01-2011, 02:33 PM
0-2 in both their current and future conferences...not good.

The Aggies lost a close one but the game does show they can probably compete with the SEC as they can now tell the SEC "Here we come!"

BaseballUmp
10-01-2011, 02:44 PM
The Aggies lost a close one but the game does show they can probably compete with the SEC as they can now tell the SEC "Here we come!"

Until halftime, then they are left saying "Where are we?"

NastySlot
10-01-2011, 02:55 PM
its hard being an Aggie.

87 TIGER
10-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Sorry guys but the Ags will not compete next year, heard they havent beat an sec team since 1995

bigcountry
10-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Sorry guys but the Ags will not compete next year, heard they havent beat an sec team since 1995

Poor timing to go to the SEC, as they are losing some very good seniors. If they can't do it with this team, what are they going to do in future years in the SEC? This was a very weak Arkie defense with several starters out today. Just wait until you face the likes of a Bama or LSU defense. Ags may be in trouble for years to come.

Gontex
10-01-2011, 03:33 PM

They lost a close one to a second or third tier SEC team. How does that show they can compete. They will quickly become like Kentucky and Vanderbilt. They'll disappear and you will never hear from them again.

NastySlot
10-01-2011, 04:23 PM
They lost a close one to a second or third tier SEC team. How does that show they can compete. They will quickly become like Kentucky and Vanderbilt. They'll disappear and you will never hear from them again.

but aren't they all ready a second tier team in the big 12...now they will just have more money to improve and I believe most aggies realize it will be a gradual improvement not overnite.

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Until halftime, then they are left saying "Where are we?"
Yeouch...that'll leave a mark. But it made me laugh. :D ;)

I didn't get to watch or listen to the game and only knew OT's last update of 14-0. I almost couldn't believe my son's g/f when she told me they ended up losing. :(

Coach BS
10-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I think most aggies are HOPING it will be a gradual improvement, in other words they are lying to themselves. This is the best team the ags have had in 10 years and will not win the big 12 and they are graduating many key playmakers. Next year they are gonna be weaker and will not win a single sec game. Get used to being a very average team for the next decade

DavidWooderson
10-02-2011, 11:55 AM
I sat and laughed my @$$ off for the whole 2nd half. I hate A&M. I do, I'm not afraid to admit it. I don't dislike A&M, I don't just not care for A&M, I hate A&M. I have been a Texas fan since I was 5 years old. I didn't go to UT because my family couldn't afford for me to go to UT, if I would have had enough scholarship money and I would have gone for even if it were just for one semester. I got a great education at Tarleton State, I love my Purple Poo, but still Texas is #1. I think the biggest reason I cannot stand A&M is their students and alumni. I don't know if it's little brother syndrome or if they really are brainwashed there in the Station, but when the discussion of UT/A&M comes up and their biggest argument isn't the A&M run game, it isn't the UT's pass defense, it isn't anything to do with the game itself. It's always, "You can't root for Texas because you didn't go to college there." That is ALWAYS the argument. "I went to A&M so it means more to me to root for A&M than it means to you to root for Texas". That's what my cousin tells me. He grew up in Northeast Texas (Paris to be exact) and was always a fan of Oklahoma State (Thurman Thomas/Barry Sanders years when he was in middle school/high school), then his girlfriend decided to go to A&M so where did he go? A&M. Now he's a huge A&M fan and looks down upon anyone if they root for any other school. That is also what my other friends that went to A&M tell me too. Well I'm kinda glad I'm not A&M fan, because the same reason I didn't join a fraternity, I don't want to have to pay for someone to be my friend, I don't want to have to pay to have the the right to root for someone. I wish them nothing but failure for the rest of the season and for all of their time in the SEC!

Coach BS
10-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Alright David!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Bosqueville
10-02-2011, 12:13 PM
I agree David. I have always been a Texas fan but I had a cousin tell me that I was a T-shirt fan?? I didn't realize you had to be an alumni to root for a team. I guess there aren't any A&M T-shirt fans?

coach
10-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Wow... Just wow

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I agree David. I have always been a Texas fan but I had a cousin tell me that I was a T-shirt fan?? I didn't realize you had to be an alumni to root for a team. I guess there aren't any A&M T-shirt fans?

nothing wrong with being that type of a fan....just seems to most aggies at least the ones I know that its always seems to be the so called "t-shirt" fan that does the most mouthing and bashing......I know aggie t-shirt fans that are the same way. In all the discussions i've had lately with horn fans, students, alumni and family members that attended and graduated from texas the discussion have tended to be more objective and civil. It s the ones with the "t-shirt" fan that have been the worse and ones that I usually don't partake in long at all. Hey root for who you want I don't care...I am proud of the team I root (yell) for and also of the University I graduated from.

I must of missed a previous post was someone called a "t-shirt" fan or something? Also I work with alum from many other universities and they to use that term.

hey David why so much hate? I thought we Aggies were the only ones with hatred? by the way I hate no one. I sometimes wonder which group of fans is really more of a cult................you hate and didn't even go to the school you pull for....Hate that s strong. Remember were not even your rival and you have so much Hate. Remember were the little brother with the complex why so much Hate? We re the ones running out of the conference and series so why so much Hate? I thought the Aggies were the only one that got satisfaction out of a rivals loss....instead of celebrating and being happy for their own teams accomplishments and a win....why so much Hate? Just wondering.

I would also like to apologize for using that term and if I offended.

in Alabama I was told that the term for "t-shirt" fan is "sidewalk" alum.

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 12:47 PM
I sat and laughed my @$$ off for the whole 2nd half. I hate A&M. I do, I'm not afraid to admit it. I don't dislike A&M, I don't just not care for A&M, I hate A&M. I have been a Texas fan since I was 5 years old. I didn't go to UT because my family couldn't afford for me to go to UT, if I would have had enough scholarship money and I would have gone for even if it were just for one semester. I got a great education at Tarleton State, I love my Purple Poo, but still Texas is #1. I think the biggest reason I cannot stand A&M is their students and alumni. I don't know if it's little brother syndrome or if they really are brainwashed there in the Station, but when the discussion of UT/A&M comes up and their biggest argument isn't the A&M run game, it isn't the UT's pass defense, it isn't anything to do with the game itself. It's always, "You can't root for Texas because you didn't go to college there." That is ALWAYS the argument. "I went to A&M so it means more to me to root for A&M than it means to you to root for Texas". That's what my cousin tells me. He grew up in Northeast Texas (Paris to be exact) and was always a fan of Oklahoma State (Thurman Thomas/Barry Sanders years when he was in middle school/high school), then his girlfriend decided to go to A&M so where did he go? A&M. Now he's a huge A&M fan and looks down upon anyone if they root for any other school. That is also what my other friends that went to A&M tell me too. Well I'm kinda glad I'm not A&M fan, because the same reason I didn't join a fraternity, I don't want to have to pay for someone to be my friend, I don't want to have to pay to have the the right to root for someone. I wish them nothing but failure for the rest of the season and for all of their time in the SEC!

sorry but got news for you I know horn alum...that look down on their own "t-shirt" fans.............there really is a reason most (not just aggies) think there is an arrogance...you just don't see it cause you have a passion for a team....and that is a good thing.

DavidWooderson
10-02-2011, 01:22 PM
That's odd because the UT alums I'm friends with (which is several) they don't care. Their mindset is more the merrier. UT isn't a cult where you have to be a member to drink the kool-aid.

LionFan72
10-02-2011, 01:27 PM
That's odd because the UT alums I'm friends with (which is several) they don't care. Their mindset is more the merrier. UT isn't a cult where you have to be a member to drink the kool-aid.

Can we say "OUCH?"

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 01:29 PM
ok so not attending a school and rooting for them isn't cult like? not attending a school but hating a "rival" more than the typical alum of that school isn't cult like? spend your money how ever you want(its yours) and root for who ever you want...and keep on hating.......if it makes you feel good than go for it.....that's why some join cults to feel good about themselves.

difference between cult like and having a passion for.

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 01:30 PM
can we say "ouch?"

ouch?

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 01:38 PM
ok so not attending a school and rooting for them isn't cult like? not attending a school but hating a "rival" more than the typical alum of that school isn't cult like? spend your money how ever you want(its yours) and root for who ever you want...and keep on hating.......if it makes you feel good than go for it.....that's why some join cults to feel good about themselves.

difference between cult like and having a passion for.

i think i might of misused the word root for....I root for the Cowboys, Red Sox and Spurs..............even rooted for OU when my son worked for the Sooners and LSU cause as little boy my son and daughter liked LSU and we attended games...............but I don't hate any of the rivals of those mentioned or in David's case play....cause A&M isn't the Horns rival....that's OU and soon to be ND......I don't worry about wins and lossses for those teams or their rivals....so maybe root was wrong.

DavidWooderson
10-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Typical Aggie come back. Have fun getting your butt kicked by Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, week after week after week after week after week.

I heard that Tech is gonna spot A&M 17 points and just play the 2nd half of the ball game Saturday, is that true?

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Typical Aggie come back. Have fun getting your butt kicked by Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, week after week after week after week after week.

I heard that Tech is gonna spot A&M 17 points and just play the 2nd half of the ball game Saturday, is that true?

wasn't really a come back but a reply....and want offended you? I guess I could say typical "t-shirt comeback?". If I wanted a comeback I would say good luck to your Texans...getting their butts kicked by the Wildcats, Mustangs, Jav's, Rams and Buffs........................but that wouldn't be cool huh?

DavidWooderson
10-02-2011, 01:44 PM
LOL....again trying to justify yourself like every other Aggie but all you ever hear is the Teacher from Charlie Brown "WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP"

Saggy Aggie
10-02-2011, 01:53 PM
I have noticed its the 't shirt fans' who do the most talking. Hmmm

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 01:55 PM
LOL....again trying to justify yourself like every other Aggie but all you ever hear is the Teacher from Charlie Brown "WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP"

ok I'm getting lost.....I don't have to justify myself....I'm good. I can live with myself. I don't like blowing leads and losing who does but I'm not going to bail on my team or school......remember I'm not the one that Hates. I would think you wouldn't let little words like someone calling you a "t-shirt" fan..(and I'm not calling you that unless you want me too)....and again I'm lost i must of missed the post where some called you out in being one.....be one it's cool.

DavidWooderson
10-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Like I said, have fun playing in the the SEC, get to know Ole Miss, Vandy and Kentucky real well.

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Like I said, have fun playing in the the SEC, get to know Ole Miss, Vandy and Kentucky real well.

ok ok.....thanks and I would wish you luck in the big 12-2-1(maybe - one more)...but you don't need it. I should wish you luck on keeping the conference together....but BYU and Louisville might help you all IDK..............and also Congrats on snapping that Big 12 five game losing streak hopefully the Ag's will stop that our seven game one vs. the SEC...right now I 'll settle for beating Tech and winning more than four games...might be tough.

see ya....going to go for a drive and listen to the Cowboys on the Radio...might end up Llano for Coopers..

see you around David.

Old Tiger
10-02-2011, 02:06 PM
I have noticed its the 't shirt fans' who do the most talking. HmmmI'm the biggest "t-shirt" horn fan you will meet....but when I argue I do it with statistics, facts, and subtle misleading facts to get the Aggie fans going.

Saggy Aggie
10-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Llano for Coopers.. the barbecue place? That place is awesome!

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm the biggest "t-shirt" horn fan you will meet.

IDK i've met some big ones.....how much do you weigh?

just joking.

Saggy Aggie
10-02-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm the biggest "t-shirt" horn fan you will meet....but when I argue I do it with statistics, facts, and subtle misleading facts to get the Aggie fans going. haha it's all good OT. That's how it's supposed to be, right?

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 02:11 PM
yeah one of the benefits of living in the Hill Country...another will be the scenery on the drive.

DavidWooderson
10-02-2011, 02:13 PM
It's just according to Aggie fans if you are a T-shirt fan, no matter for Texas, OU, Tech, North Texas, LSU, Notre Dame, etc you can support them, but you have to do it silently and not let anyone know that you support that team. All hail the mighty collie dog. Bow down before thee and make sure you don't walk on the grass or the fake army men will yell at you.

Old Tiger
10-02-2011, 02:16 PM
haha it's all good OT. That's how it's supposed to be, right?I don't know....I'm never in the middle of the pack.

Saggy Aggie
10-02-2011, 02:19 PM
It's just according to Aggie fans if you are a T-shirt fan, no matter for Texas, OU, Tech, North Texas, LSU, Notre Dame, etc you can support them, but you have to do it silently and not let anyone know that you support that team. All hail the mighty collie dog. Bow down before thee and make sure you don't walk on the grass or the fake army men will yell at you. case in point guys.

Most people are big boys and can debate and have a rivalry without sounding like morons, but the ones who can't, well it's usually a safe bet to assume you're dealing with a t shirt fan. :)

DavidWooderson
10-02-2011, 02:33 PM
And you are proving my case as well. Funny how things work both ways doesn't it?

Saggy Aggie
10-02-2011, 02:35 PM
And you are proving my case as well. Funny how things work both ways doesn't it? I'm not sure anyone knew you had a point? Lol

DavidWooderson
10-02-2011, 02:42 PM
No there are several who aren't Aggies that understand it. It's only Aggies that do not and it's not just the ones on here it's ALL Aggies or at least every Aggie I've ever came in contact with. It is that you don't have to go to a particular university or graduate from a particular university to cheer for/support that particular university. However Aggies don't see it that way. Maybe it's because Aggies don't have many "T-shirt" fans compared to Texas, OU, Notre Dame, LSU, etc that they don't understand that.

Maybe Aggies are just jealous because UT has more fans than them. Of course that is the main reason A&M is going to the SEC after all. It's not "Equal profit share", it's not better competition, it's not any other way they're spinning it. The reason A&M is going to the SEC is this is the only way they can get out of Texas' shadow. Best of luck to ya!

Saggy Aggie
10-02-2011, 02:47 PM
No you can be a fan of whoever you like. Great. I'm just saying that it's funny how the ones who didn't even go to the univ usually have the most to say. When debating with a longhorn fan, it's usually obvious if that person went to school there or not.

DavidWooderson
10-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Arguing with an Aggie is like arguing with a woman. It never matters who's doing it (Longhorn fan, Red Raider fan, Bear fan, Sooner fan, Poke fan) you never win. No matter how valid of a point you bring up you're always wrong. Just like how Aggies never lose, they just don't ever have enough time.

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Arguing with an Aggie is like arguing with a woman. It never matters who's doing it (Longhorn fan, Red Raider fan, Bear fan, Sooner fan, Poke fan) you never win. No matter how valid of a point you bring up you're always wrong. Just like how Aggies never lose, they just don't ever have enough time.

pot meet kettle.....................you are amazing...do you ever read what you post. We get it already your great because you associated yourself with the Longhorns when you were five and haven't waivered in your passion for all things burnt orange. That s right the lowly Aggie fans should just shut the heck up or be like you and buy everything orange......forget that moving to the SEC is decision that will effect all the athletic teams and the University for what might just be for the good......the Aggies should of just followed the horns lead so guys like you can feel good about yourself.....and give you something to post about and I guess if you have to hate something why not the Aggies right?

I wish you would of gone to the University of Texas.....you might be more level headed and like most Alum in my family, workplace and friends not be so worked up with what the Aggies are doing.

please note ...not a shot at other horn fans...there are a lot of good ones on this board and else where

DavidWooderson
10-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Yeah it's just at me.....yadda yadda yadda

NastySlot
10-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Yeah it's just at me.....yadda yadda yadda

Congrats.....your best post in this thread.