PDA

View Full Version : Question to TFINT... La Vernia?

BULLDOGFAN
09-02-2003, 06:40 AM
Geez so much for the coming out party. What happened?

<small>[ September 02, 2003, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: BULLDOGFAN ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-02-2003, 09:29 AM
Well, I wasn't at the game so I can't tell you first hand what happened. BUT, I was on the phone getting updates from Red Sagnes and the impression that I got from him was that Port Isabel was running the ball all over La Vernia. Port Isabel did score once, and then a field goal in the 1st half. But Port Isabel also had gotten into the red zone 3 other times, each time, a turnover killed the drive.

In the 2nd half, the turnover bug, and stupid penalties still plagued Port Isabel. Because of that, Port Isabel's defense became exhausted and La Vernia took advantage.

I'm not making excuses for the Tarpons loss, this is just merely an observation. Stuff like what is mentioned above happens when a team only has one scrimmage under their belts. Remember, Tropical Storm Erika caused a cancellation of Port Isabel's first scrimmage. But now that they've got some game experience, and they've been brought back down to Earth, I think they'll do well the rest of the season. Ironically, the exact same thing happened last season. They lost the first game bad, and then from the 2nd game on, the Tarpons were on all cylinders. So as of right now, sure i'm disappointed about the loss, but i'm not worried.