View Full Version : Smithville/columbus

Saggy Aggie
09-30-2011, 08:42 PM
7-7
Half

I'm kinda confused. Both teams have been scoring a lot of points

jrhernandez7
09-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Smithville wins 23-17 in a gutty performance and improve to 4-0. the Cards have some players and showed there explosiveness. The cards will make the playoffs!! Hats off to the Smithville D, They got penetration on a biger Oline. and Didnt let number 3 go wild all night. He can very easily take over a game if you are not carefull. This was a good test going into district. T

Coach BS
09-30-2011, 11:27 PM
I went to this game, smithville is very improved, it looked like 2 teams with pretty good talent but horrible coaching. Neither team can pass very well. And how was that not a safty by smithville?? #23 for smithville very good RB. Lots of personal fouls in this game. Columbus looks a little down to me

zebrablue2
10-01-2011, 12:36 AM
congrats to the tigers! they just keep on a rollin!!!

duckhunter
10-01-2011, 07:08 AM
I went to this game, smithville is very improved, it looked like 2 teams with pretty good talent but horrible coaching. Neither team can pass very well. And how was that not a safty by smithville?? #23 for smithville very good RB. Lots of personal fouls in this game. Columbus looks a little down to me

I'm sure their are alot of schools out there who will take Smithville's "horrible coaching" for their undefeated record at this point.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm sure their are alot of schools out there who will take Smithville's "horrible coaching" for their undefeated record at this point.
Congrats on the 4-0 record. Would have been good to see yall play Wimberly to see how the Tigers stack up aginst a top ten team.

87 TIGER
10-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Smithville is not the same ol smithville this year, very solid defense, good running game, only weakness I saw was the passing game. Defense handled the columbus running attack pretty good but not sure how smithvilles pass defense is because columbus doesnt know how tho throw a foreward pass.

jrhernandez7
10-01-2011, 09:42 AM
the tigers are real lucky to come away with this win. they put the ball on the ground 5 times an lost it twice to none by the cards so was -2 in t.o ratio an had 95yards in penalties Witch was uncharacteristic of svill. I'm thinking /hopping only playing twice in 4 weeks was the cause of this an know they will get this cleaned up. the tiger D did a good job of containing that potent card rushing game an held them to just a woping 4 yards passing. the tigers have a great chance to start district wit a win against a struggling Caldwell team at home next week.

87 TIGER
10-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Columbus couldnt pass for more than 4 yds even if there was no defense on the field honestly they cant pass at all it was bad.