PDA

View Full Version : coldspring vs shepherd....

trojandad
09-30-2011, 08:00 PM
end of 1, coldspring up 21-zip....

trojandad
09-30-2011, 08:12 PM
colton monroe 99 yd run with sherman gilbert running beside him throwing THREE blocks over the run....gilbert celebrated the run more than monroe did....xtra pt good

coldspring 35
shepherd 0

4 min 2nd qtr...

another negative yardage night for an opponent....

trojandad
09-30-2011, 08:20 PM
coldspring up 35-zip

half...

trojandad
09-30-2011, 08:52 PM
colton monroe returns 2nd half kickoff 70 yds for td, xtra pt missed

coldspring 41
shepherd 0

11:30 3rd qtr...

trojandad
09-30-2011, 08:59 PM
gilbert 40 yd run, xtra pt blocked

coldspring 47
shepherd 0

8:51 3rd qtr

trojandad
09-30-2011, 09:11 PM
sykes takes ball away from shepherd rb...goes 47 for td....xtra pt good....

coldspring 54
shepherd 0

shepherd still negative yds, chance andries has 17 tackles so far....

trojandad
09-30-2011, 09:16 PM
soph johnson 1 yd run after soph giddens 40 yd run, xtra pt blocked again....

coldspring 59 (on scoreboard, i think its wrong)
shepherd 0

end of 3....

ogg
09-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Another super game by Coldspring.

trojandad
09-30-2011, 09:30 PM
final on scoreboard

coldspring 59
shepherd 0

trojandad
09-30-2011, 09:31 PM
final on scoreboard (they let 4th qtr clock run)

coldspring 59
shepherd 0

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2011, 10:18 PM

coldspring 59
shepherd 0

Man coldspring just cant play a good game huh LOL

garciap77
09-30-2011, 10:19 PM

coldspring 59
shepherd 0

:eek::eek::eek:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/congrats.gif

HSFB
09-30-2011, 10:27 PM
final on scoreboard

coldspring 59
shepherd 0

wow.....where is shepherd located?

trojandad
09-30-2011, 10:40 PM
wow.....where is shepherd located?

about 10 miles from coldspring....most of these guys have played each other thru peewee ball thru now, so there were a dozen stoppage of play for shoving and unsportsmanlikes....like playin your cousins....

Tejastrue
09-30-2011, 10:58 PM
about 10 miles from coldspring....most of these guys have played each other thru peewee ball thru now, so there were a dozen stoppage of play for shoving and unsportsmanlikes....like playin your cousins....

Seems the Shepherd could not keep the flock together...

trojandad
09-30-2011, 11:05 PM
cant wait for stats, i think the defense pitched a negative yardage night....

HSFB
09-30-2011, 11:15 PM

ah, I see, right off of 59. I have been to Lake Liv a handful of times during my younger years and had no idea that is where Cold Spring is located. So Lake Liv., Big Thicket...nice area.

Close proximity leads to some pretty heated games.

trojandad
09-30-2011, 11:15 PM
total yards - cs 486 sh 13
rushing - cs 458 sh -10
s. gilbert 10 rushes, 222 yds, 22.2 yd/carry, 5 tds
c monroe 9 rushes, 163 yds, 18.1 yd/carry, 1 td

LionFan72
09-30-2011, 11:21 PM
rushing - cs 458 sh -10

When ya'll gonna start playing some football and layoff BB till the season starts?:clap:Good Job!

Tejastrue
09-30-2011, 11:30 PM
rushing - cs 458 sh -10

Sorry TD, you really must start playing somebody more than the panzies you've played so far... It will soon come back to bite you....:stirpot:

trojandad
10-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Sorry TD, you really must start playing somebody more than the panzies you've played so far... It will soon come back to bite you....:stirpot:

i know you laugh, i sure hope your not correct....

trojandad
10-01-2011, 06:36 AM
soph johnson 1 yd run after soph giddens 40 yd run, xtra pt blocked again....

coldspring 59 (on scoreboard, i think its wrong)
shepherd 0

end of 3....

i was right, even the chronicle has us at 60 - 0, we had 9 tds and 6 single pat's....a moot point, i know, i just know the scoreboard operator reads the board and was rubbing it in that he cant count....coldspring educated....lol

trojandad
10-01-2011, 06:53 AM
also, colton monroe got on that LONG list of runners having tied for the longest run from scrimmage, a 99 yarder...

it was so cool, reminded me of that last touchdown on remember the titans when sunshine was running down the field beside the ball carrier, throwing block after block....very cool....

ogg
10-01-2011, 10:12 AM

coldspring 59
shepherd 0

Is there a team on Coldspring's schedule that will test them prior to playoffs?

trojandad
10-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Is there a team on Coldspring's schedule that will test them prior to playoffs?

last year i made the mistake of saying nobody in district would test us and then huffman was only 2 pts down onside kicking to us with 4 min left...thanks goodness they kicked it directly to gilbert on a dead run and gave us a 9 pt win....i had no idea that last years huffman team had 5 dI players, not including their qb that threw for 3,700 yds...hemotoxic was at that coldspring-huffman game last year and huffman surprised us both, we both said it was because coldspring played bad, and yet huffman beat silsbee and played navasota a tougher game than expected in the playoffs....

huffman lost a TON this year but have plugged in a barbers hill transfer into qb and he doesnt have deberry's numbers but has them with one loss against a good kingwood park 4a team....i think they will roll into our game with them undefeated thru district and this years game is at their place....we have a bye week the week before we play them, so thatll help, and this years game will be at huffmans place, but we have a good history of playing well there....their stadium is where we finally won over wo-s two years ago against reggie garrett, God rest his soul....

my guess is the 1st round of the playoffs will be against either bridge city or orangefield again....after that, you got me...

wimbo_pro
10-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Does ColdSpring play ANYBODY worth a crap until the play offs?? Anyone????

trojandad
10-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Does ColdSpring play ANYBODY worth a crap until the play offs?? Anyone????

read above, wimbo....lol

short answer is "i dont think so"....but i said that last year and huffman turned out to be worth a crap and then some...

huffman may be worth a crap this year and i dont know it, but i dont think they are as good as last year...

Bambam
10-02-2011, 03:18 PM
read above, wimbo....lol

short answer is "i dont think so"....but i said that last year and huffman turned out to be worth a crap and then some...

huffman may be worth a crap this year and i dont know it, but i dont think they are as good as last year...

Huffman is putting up the same amount of points as Cold Springs. Defensively we both have been on spot! I believe Huffman might just be worth a crap! LOL.......We will both represent our district well in the playoffs. The difference in this team from last year is defensively they are more physical and more speed. Offesnively Huffman new QB is beginning to figure this thing out. Ya know I am not sure we play with CS. They have done some impressive things this year and both teams seem to be calling off the dogs on opposing teams in the 2nd half. So, this might just be a gr8 ticket to have if you wanna see two high powered offenses and defense slug it out. The numbers dont lie on either squad.

trojandad
10-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Huffman is putting up the same amount of points as Cold Springs. Defensively we both have been on spot! I believe Huffman might just be worth a crap! LOL.......We will both represent our district well in the playoffs. The difference in this team from last year is defensively they are more physical and more speed. Offesnively Huffman new QB is beginning to figure this thing out. Ya know I am not sure we play with CS. They have done some impressive things this year and both teams seem to be calling off the dogs on opposing teams in the 2nd half. So, this might just be a gr8 ticket to have if you wanna see two high powered offenses and defense slug it out. The numbers dont lie on either squad.

i believe if we had not picked your qb 3 times in last years game, you guys might have beaten us...i think you guys offensive model is a great one for a high school team, its a simple read for your qb, it really reminds me of the couple of times i saw lake travis play except they overflow zones more downfield in their offense, you guys overflow each side, but either way its an easy pick up for a new qb, and thats SO important in high school with how many turnover a school has each year or two....

last year was pretty much the same as far as how much each of us beat the teams we played going into our showdown with you guys last year, and it looks like itll be the same again this year except for the one 4a game you guys played...i personally consider you guys a better offensive than defensive team both last year and this one, whereas this year i consider us a better defensive team than offensive this year as opposed to the opposite for us last year....

everybody has asked us who is the best opponent we have before playoffs and, with kirbyville being down it appears to be you guys, even though crockett and orangefield may not have been slouches with the wins theyve haad since the blowouts against us....last year we had the same sized wins even after the playoffs started all the way up to the semis against wimberley, and even then id put the big wins off to the other teams having a tough night, even tho deep inside i knew the wins could be us being that good, i just wont put a team down as best as i can because Lord knows each of us have been in the other teams shoes occasionally....but i do think our game with you will be a good one, and it makes me nervous itll be in your stadium (even tho we have a good record at your place against yall and other playoff teams there)..im just glad you guys have to have that game against cleveland before you play us, whereas we have a weeks break before our game with you....hope i get to see you there.....

Bambam
10-02-2011, 05:35 PM
i believe if we had not picked your qb 3 times in last years game, you guys might have beaten us...i think you guys offensive model is a great one for a high school team, its a simple read for your qb, it really reminds me of the couple of times i saw lake travis play except they overflow zones more downfield in their offense, you guys overflow each side, but either way its an easy pick up for a new qb, and thats SO important in high school with how many turnover a school has each year or two....

last year was pretty much the same as far as how much each of us beat the teams we played going into our showdown with you guys last year, and it looks like itll be the same again this year except for the one 4a game you guys played...i personally consider you guys a better offensive than defensive team both last year and this one, whereas this year i consider us a better defensive team than offensive this year as opposed to the opposite for us last year....

everybody has asked us who is the best opponent we have before playoffs and, with kirbyville being down it appears to be you guys, even though crockett and orangefield may not have been slouches with the wins theyve haad since the blowouts against us....last year we had the same sized wins even after the playoffs started all the way up to the semis against wimberley, and even then id put the big wins off to the other teams having a tough night, even tho deep inside i knew the wins could be us being that good, i just wont put a team down as best as i can because Lord knows each of us have been in the other teams shoes occasionally....but i do think our game with you will be a good one, and it makes me nervous itll be in your stadium (even tho we have a good record at your place against yall and other playoff teams there)..im just glad you guys have to have that game against cleveland before you play us, whereas we have a weeks break before our game with you....hope i get to see you there.....

LOL.....wouldnt miss that game for the world! I will be the one with the wife cheering like she is still in HS. My wife will have the sweats dripping, chant starting, face painted, hair DID, and all that jazz! LOL...........She kinda likes Friday nights. That game last year was Deberry forced too many balls. Preston, QB from this year, does a better job at taking what the D gives him and has gr8 patience and presence in the pocket. Not a gr8 scrambler unless he lines up to run behind Moose. LOL... It is a very simple offense, much like Cold Springs, although you guys just shove it down peoples throats.

We actually scrimmaged Orangefield. They did not move the ball all that well against us, but man they do not backdown. They were small and scrappy. They could give a good team fits! Thats a pretty solid district even though I think our top two teams are better.

Bro good luck the rest of the season and I am sure we will see you at the Cleveland game. I think you guys are in a bye week. GO FALCONS!

trojandad
10-02-2011, 05:47 PM
LOL.....wouldnt miss that game for the world! I will be the one with the wife cheering like she is still in HS. My wife will have the sweats dripping, chant starting, face painted, hair DID, and all that jazz! LOL...........She kinda likes Friday nights. That game last year was Deberry forced too many balls. Preston, QB from this year, does a better job at taking what the D gives him and has gr8 patience and presence in the pocket. Not a gr8 scrambler unless he lines up to run behind Moose. LOL... It is a very simple offense, much like Cold Springs, although you guys just shove it down peoples throats.

We actually scrimmaged Orangefield. They did not move the ball all that well against us, but man they do not backdown. They were small and scrappy. They could give a good team fits! Thats a pretty solid district even though I think our top two teams are better.

Bro good luck the rest of the season and I am sure we will see you at the Cleveland game. I think you guys are in a bye week. GO FALCONS!

your right, deberry marched them taking the short passes, i think he let those two WR's of his talk him into taking it long, one could see them coming back to the huddle just chewing deberry out for not going long.....

and i agree about orangefield, they suited only 28 (my counter might be off, me and g2 were both trying to count)...the game they play against bridge city should tell it all for their playoff chances...

i havent decided which game im gonna see that bye week, we have our bye week the same time as our county fair (yall should come up after the game, its only like 20 min up the road from cleveland)....fri night is usually an auction buyers time, either helping w/bbq or having a dinner....if i can get out of any of it im gonna go watch somebody, your game sounds as important to us as any...good luck to you and your family too, safe playing for that son of yours.....

Tejastrue
10-02-2011, 06:11 PM
i know you laugh, i sure hope your not correct....

Just wish someone would give you guys a battle cuz if ya'll are that good...well, you know the rest...

trojandad
10-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Just wish someone would give you guys a battle cuz if ya'll are that good...well, you know the rest...

were doing it different this year, big guy....if wimberley AND coldspring are lucky enough to get to the semis again, i will follow you guys to jerrys world if you win, and likewise i want you guys sitting there with us if we get by you guys...whichever team wins our semi, if it comes down to us, is gonna be one heck of a team this year....were less than half way there....:clap:

Tejastrue
10-02-2011, 07:34 PM
were doing it different this year, big guy....if wimberley AND coldspring are lucky enough to get to the semis again, i will follow you guys to jerrys world if you win, and likewise i want you guys sitting there with us if we get by you guys...whichever team wins our semi, if it comes down to us, is gonna be one heck of a team this year....were less than half way there....:clap:

Sounds like a good plan TD, I wouldn't miss it for the world... even if it is Jerry's :thumbsup:

ogg
10-02-2011, 09:51 PM

Having trouble weighting two teams right now, Coldspring and Ingleside.

trojandad
10-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Having trouble weighting two teams right now, Coldspring and Ingleside.

not following you, ogg....your trying to compare us?

ExScoop
10-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Coldspring is 13-2 against Shepherd if this website is right
http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=10298&B=697&REC=13-2-0&S=

trojandad
10-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Coldspring is 13-2 against Shepherd if this website is right
http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=10298&B=697&REC=13-2-0&S=

i know those two losses, but i sure thought we played each other more than that....its prolly right tho....