PDA

View Full Version : Half Way Thru the Season

LionFan72
09-30-2011, 08:16 AM
We have reached the mid point of the regular season, whose team is making stides toward improvement and attaining unexpected wins at this point?

lostaussie
09-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Prosper comes to mind.

Saggy Aggie
09-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Smithville. They have been pretty impressive so far.

DavidWooderson
09-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Not my team...........lol

bigwood33
09-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Whitesboro
Last season we were 1-4, this season a complete reversal at 4-1. We are making good strides and hope to continue improving.

GrTigers6
09-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Prosper comes to mind.I agree

hookandladder
09-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Smithville. They have been pretty impressive so far.

Tonight's game with Columbus will let you know where Smithville stands.

Tin Cup
09-30-2011, 10:15 AM
What about La Vega? Could they make any noise

GrTigers6
09-30-2011, 10:29 AM
What about La Vega? Could they make any noiseAbsolutely but I already knew they would so I didnt mention them. lol

bobcat1
09-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Whitesboro
Last season we were 1-4, this season a complete reversal at 4-1. We are making good strides and hope to continue improving.Sic 'em bigwood33!

Prosper comes to mind as well as Paris. Alvarado is ginnin' good also.

bigwood33
09-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Sic 'em bigwood33!

Thanks! We open district play next week with Gainesville...biggest game on the schedule so far. We HAVE to get off to a good start.

OldNavy
09-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks! We open district play next week with Gainesville...biggest game on the schedule so far. We HAVE to get off to a good start.

I think you have a chance to make the playoffs this year, but no gimme. Argyle and Sanger are the big dogs, but Whitesboro is the third best team in the district right now. Pilot Point has had a lot of injuries and if they get healthy they can compete. Arbrey will compete too, but I think you're playing better right now. You should manage Gainesville unless I can't read a tea leaf at all.

warhorsejoe
09-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Devine will make some noise in the playoffs. We're good and Sadler is something speical.

Sportshack
09-30-2011, 04:08 PM
I believe that Canyon Lake has their best start ever at 5-0. Goooood running game. Well coached.

trojandad
09-30-2011, 04:13 PM
we suck....:stirpot:

bigwood33
09-30-2011, 06:02 PM
I think you have a chance to make the playoffs this year, but no gimme. Argyle and Sanger are the big dogs, but Whitesboro is the third best team in the district right now. Pilot Point has had a lot of injuries and if they get healthy they can compete. Arbrey will compete too, but I think you're playing better right now. You should manage Gainesville unless I can't read a tea leaf at all.

I agree, we aren't counting on anyone laying down for us. To those who don't know, Whitesboro has the dubious honor of being the only Texas HS (other than ones that have only started playing football in the last few years) to never be in the playoffs. Whitesboro has been playing football since the UIL was formed and actually had teams before that. A couple of years ago, Lumberton got in after 75+ years of futility leaving us alone in this situation but we toil on. Sometimes we haven't had the athletes and sometimes we just found ways to lose. It became normal, accepted. In the last few years we have, at times, been competitive but not good enough. We have had some modest success in other sports but none in football. We started 6-0 in '07 but lost to Celina, Frisco Wakeland, and Pilot Point (7 team district that year) and tied for 3rd but didn't get in because we lost out on the tiebreaker. In the last 30+ years, this is only the 3rd time that we have started this well. Our JV is also 4-1 so we think that we are making progress. We will be dropping to 2A next alignment because our enrollment numbers are under 400 but we would LOVE to get in while still in 3A so that people don't diminish what our kids accomplish when they get this HUGE monkey off of their collective backs by saying that we had to drop to 2A to get in. Because of our terrible history, we suffer with confidence issues hence, the Gainesville game is HUGE for us. Those of you who don't have an axe to grind in District 9 and have a soft spot for underdogs, wish us luck.

NastySlot
09-30-2011, 06:22 PM
I agree, we aren't counting on anyone laying down for us. To those who don't know, Whitesboro has the dubious honor of being the only Texas HS (other than ones that have only started playing football in the last few years) to never be in the playoffs. Whitesboro has been playing football since the UIL was formed and actually had teams before that. A couple of years ago, Lumberton got in after 75+ years of futility leaving us alone in this situation but we toil on. Sometimes we haven't had the athletes and sometimes we just found ways to lose. It became normal, accepted. In the last few years we have, at times, been competitive but not good enough. We have had some modest success in other sports but none in football. We started 6-0 in '07 but lost to Celina, Frisco Wakeland, and Pilot Point (7 team district that year) and tied for 3rd but didn't get in because we lost out on the tiebreaker. In the last 30+ years, this is only the 3rd time that we have started this well. Our JV is also 4-1 so we think that we are making progress. We will be dropping to 2A next alignment because our enrollment numbers are under 400 but we would LOVE to get in while still in 3A so that people don't diminish what our kids accomplish when they get this HUGE monkey off of their collective backs by saying that we had to drop to 2A to get in. Because of our terrible history, we suffer with confidence issues hence, the Gainesville game is HUGE for us. Those of you who don't have an axe to grind in District 9 and have a soft spot for underdogs, wish us luck.

wow...i figured you guys had broken the drought...had a buddy that coached in W-boro....now in Alaska last I heard. I will be pulling for you guys the rest of the way....Good Luck.

Tejastrue
09-30-2011, 06:36 PM

I've heard that...soft schedule too...:D

trojandad
09-30-2011, 09:39 PM
I've heard that...soft schedule too...:D

and we have bad breath....

LionFan72
09-30-2011, 11:03 PM

Stop it TD, you stole my line..........plagerism!!!!!:stirpot: But you do have bad breath, and stinky feet.

trojandad
09-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Stop it TD, you stole my line..........plagerism!!!!!:stirpot: But you do have bad breath, and stinky feet.

and smelly you know whats.....

bigwood33
09-30-2011, 11:08 PM
had a buddy that coached in W-boro....now in Alaska last I heard.
I know him...REALLY good guy!

Leopard4Life
10-01-2011, 02:08 PM
I agree that Prosper is a team to watch. Lovejoy plays them next week so I'll know first hand how they are looking. A banged up Lovejoy would really have to pull off something special to get a win against a clicking Prosper team that is coming off a big win followed by a bye. Then just to top it off Prosper will be the home team looking for their pound of flesh after Lovejoys 09 playoff win and last years district win. Prosper sounded (listened on sportsgram.net) unstoppable against a tough Argyle team.

wimbo_pro
10-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Soft schedule=understatement of the season!

PHOP
10-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Prosper and Alvaredo are showing promise

LionFan72
10-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Sure not much crowing from the Fast East Texas bunch, guess they are so good, they don't need to improve.

Pick6
10-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Whitesboro
Last season we were 1-4, this season a complete reversal at 4-1. We are making good strides and hope to continue improving.

Heard the QB up there broke his collarbone. If true what games will he be missing? Here's hoping he's a quick healer.

MGAR
10-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Sure not much crowing from the Fast East Texas bunch, guess they are so good, they don't need to improve.

True that...

Can't really say many have unexpected wins... Maybe a few...

eagleqb_14
10-03-2011, 05:13 PM
loosing people with grades isnt helping us i think were 5-0 but it wont be -0 for long

IndianFan2012
10-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Sic 'em bigwood33!

Prosper comes to mind as well as Paris. Alvarado is ginnin' good also.

:iagree: