PDA

View Full Version : This week's 5-3A matchups - Your thoughts?

Sweetwater Red
09-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Abilene Wylie @ Lubbock Estacado - I think the Matadors will finally get over the hump and beat the Bulldogs by 10.

Big Spring vs. Midland Greenwood - The Rangers will turn the ball over six times to zero for Big Spring and the Steers will win 28-26.

Brownwood vs. Fort Worth All Saints - I have no idea what All Saints has besides the QB I keep hearing about. So, I'll just pull a Tin Cup and throw a prediction out there. Brownwood 28 All Saints 27

Snyder vs. Pampa - Keenon Ward plays half way through the third quarter and Rogers pulls him after the Tigers build a 28 point lead. The Harvesters score won late in the fourth against backups and Snyder wins 36-14.

Sweetwater @ Midland Christian - This is going to be a tough game for Sweetwater. But, it might come at a great time. These kids know they can play better then they did last week against Greenwood. This just might help them build confidence before they head to Wylie next week. I just hope they keep it competitive. My prediction is 24-10 Midland Christian.

Tin Cup
09-29-2011, 07:58 PM
I love you Sweetwater Pink.

Sweetwater 7
Opponent 35

Old LB
09-29-2011, 08:08 PM
The QB for All Saints is committed to West Virginia and they are supposed to have a lot of good skill kids. Shipley said on coaches show that their line is lacking a little but I am not sure how many of our starters are going to set this one. Could be interesting.

bwdlionfan
09-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Abilene Wylie @ Lubbock Estacado - I think the Matadors will finally get over the hump and beat the Bulldogs by 10.

Big Spring vs. Midland Greenwood - The Rangers will turn the ball over six times to zero for Big Spring and the Steers will win 28-26.

Brownwood vs. Fort Worth All Saints - I have no idea what All Saints has besides the QB I keep hearing about. So, I'll just pull a Tin Cup and throw a prediction out there. Brownwood 28 All Saints 27

Snyder vs. Pampa - Keenon Ward plays half way through the third quarter and Rogers pulls him after the Tigers build a 28 point lead. The Harvesters score won late in the fourth against backups and Snyder wins 36-14.

Sweetwater @ Midland Christian - This is going to be a tough game for Sweetwater. But, it might come at a great time. These kids know they can play better then they did last week against Greenwood. This just might help them build confidence before they head to Wylie next week. I just hope they keep it competitive. My prediction is 24-10 Midland Christian.

Aside from the Brownwood game I'm most interested in how Sweetwater does this week. Ya'll played Monahans tough but had a less than impressive win against Early. With Wylie and Brownwood's injuries and not playing too spectacular, and an improved Sweetwater team, I'm interested in how Sweetwater looks this week. I could see some sort of a tiebreaker scenario coming in to play this year to determine playoffs.

Tin Cup
09-29-2011, 08:32 PM
In my opinion Snyder is the only lock to make the playoffs in our district. Other than BS being out, it's a coin flip for 2nd and 3rd in 5-3A

Pendragon13
09-29-2011, 09:15 PM
At this point Wylie has way too many players on the sidelines in street clothes to be consistently effective on either side of the ball. Sandifer might want to rethink trying to schedule the toughest non-district opponents possible. :doh:

I think at this point 5-3A is wide open as far as who could win it (other than BS...what is going on there?)...but Snyder and Brownwood have to be the early favorites.

95mustang
09-29-2011, 09:24 PM
At this point Wylie has way too many players on the sidelines in street clothes to be consistently effective on either side of the ball. Sandifer might want to rethink trying to schedule the toughest non-district opponents possible. :doh:

I think at this point 5-3A is wide open as far as who could win it (other than BS...what is going on there?)...but Snyder and Brownwood have to be the early favorites.

We have a lot of injuries here in Brownwood also. I can see quite a few starters on the sidelines tomorrow night.

Old LB
09-30-2011, 07:29 AM

Brownwood has seen the effects of playing those bigger schools in past years also. I have never been a fan of playing 4 and 5a at least in football anyway. When we played Permian a couple of years they had kids lined up 2 deep from 20 to 20.

LionFan72
09-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Brownwood has seen the effects of playing those bigger schools in past years also. I have never been a fan of playing 4 and 5a at least in football anyway. When we played Permian a couple of years they had kids lined up 2 deep from 20 to 20.

I agree to disagree with this logic, you play the best teams you can schedule, which is limited here by travel, to expose weaknesses and strengths. It is true we sure don't want to get the kids hurt and playing our two way boys against bigger schools 3 play schemes is stacking the deck against us. With that said, you rarely ever excel unless you are challenged. I don't think we have ever had excessive injuries when playing larger schools vs. 3A schools. I think in Brownwood's case due to where we are located, it is hard to find quality opponents willing to accept a 2 year deal to compete. And budgets are tight!