PDA

View Full Version : Texas at Iowa State Game Saturday

ExScoop
09-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Will the 3-0 Longhorns be able to beat Iowa State who is also 3-0

I looked on the internet and found game will be televised on FX-Is that an internet feed or on regular TV?

There is a station in El Campo that carries the game but not on the internet- Columbus, and Bay City stations will also air the game on the radio

I can't catch the game with the regular radio in my home-So will listen over the internet

Can the Longhorns beat the Cyclones

Macarthur
09-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Of course, they CAN beat them.

It will be an interesting game. Texas should win and most likely will. However, if they go up there and lay an egg, it would erase all the momentum and confidence they've built because they have OU coming up next and then OSU. They will be underdogs in both of those games. In a couple of weeks they could go from 3-0 to 3-3 very easily. Then the questions start to creep back in.

Huge game, IMO.

NastySlot
09-29-2011, 09:35 AM
another big game...baylor at k-state....should be a good one. I think k-state may have a lot to say in the final standings this year.

Phil C
09-29-2011, 10:07 AM
The UT vs Iowa State game should be a good one. Iowa State is a better team than the one that beat Texas last year in Austin. But so is Texas so it should be a good game.

A&M needs a win against Arkansas to make a statement about being able to do well in the SEC. We will see how it turns out.

DalhartAlumni
09-29-2011, 10:53 AM
UT should take this one by 2-3 TD's

And I do not see K-State hanging with Baylors Offense

Macarthur
09-29-2011, 10:58 AM

These games are on the road. What have you seen from UT that tells you they should win the game by 3 TD's? They've beaten Rice, a mediocre BYU team at home by 1 point and drilled a horrific UCLA team.

eagles_victory
09-29-2011, 11:05 AM
These games are on the road. What have you seen from UT that tells you they should win the game by 3 TD's? They've beaten Rice, a mediocre BYU team at home by 1 point and drilled a horrific UCLA team. UCLA isn't that bad they almost beat Houston at Houston and the Cougars are a pretty good football team.

Macarthur
09-29-2011, 11:16 AM
UCLA isn't that bad they almost beat Houston at Houston and the Cougars are a pretty good football team.

UCLA is pitiful. They had to come from behind in the 4th quarter to beat San Jose State 21-17 for their only win. And Houston is not very good this year. They barely beat Lousiana Tech.

I don't mean to be down on UT, but they really have not proved anything yet. There's lots of talk about how they are so much better than last year and how different things are and I think the jury is still out on them.

eagles_victory
09-29-2011, 11:21 AM
UCLA is pitiful. They had to come from behind in the 4th quarter to beat San Jose State 21-17 for their only win.
. Oregon St?

Macarthur
09-29-2011, 11:34 AM
Oregon St?

Oregon St. got beat by Sacramento State. They are awful too. The PAC 12, or whatever it is, is very very down this year.

Saggy Aggie
09-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Oregon St. got beat by Sacramento State. They are awful too. The PAC 12, or whatever it is, is very very down this year.+1

No Jacquizz = Oregon St sucks

NastySlot
09-29-2011, 11:43 AM
UCLA isn't that bad they almost beat Houston at Houston and the Cougars are a pretty good football team.

ucla is pretty awful..........just avoided finishing last in the PAC by beating and even worse Oregon State.

NastySlot
09-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Oregon St. got beat by Sacramento State. They are awful too. The PAC 12, or whatever it is, is very very down this year.

the same Sac-State team that got beat the next two times out by s.utah and weber state.

Txbroadcaster
09-29-2011, 11:46 AM
UCLA has talent, but in the Texas game IMO you saw give up...the same give up Texas had last year

NastySlot
09-29-2011, 11:47 AM

so are you saying k-state will have problems with baylor s D? IDK about that ....but we'll see think it'll be a good one.

Macarthur
09-29-2011, 11:51 AM
the same Sac-State team that got beat the next two times out by s.utah and weber state.

Yes. The PAC is a very very bad conference this year.

Look, I don't want to seem too hard on UT. I just think there still needs to be much more cautious optimism than there seems to be. And if they don't get a win at ISU, it could get ugly against OU and OSU. I personally think UT should not be ranked at this point. I actually think the pollsters are doing UT a disservice, right now, by ranking them after 3 highly unimpressive wins. They get the benefit of the doubt because of the last decade, but this team does not deserve that, RIGHT NOW.

eagles_victory
09-29-2011, 12:00 PM

Look, I don't want to seem too hard on UT. I just think there still needs to be much more cautious optimism than there seems to be. And if they don't get a win at ISU, it could get ugly against OU and OSU. I personally think UT should not be ranked at this point. I actually think the pollsters are doing UT a disservice, right now, by ranking them after 3 highly unimpressive wins. They get the benefit of the doubt because of the last decade, but this team does not deserve that, RIGHT NOW. I wouldn't say it is that bad just a bit top heavy. Arizona St. is a good team Stanford and Oregon are both very good as well. USC is a good middle of the pack team. Utah's not that bad... UCLA will win 6 or 7 games by the time it is all set and done. Arizona will be ok as well.

NastySlot
09-29-2011, 12:07 PM
... UCLA will win 6 or 7 games by the time it is all set and done. Arizona will be ok as well.

well like most teams they have about 7 or 8 games left to play...and already have two wins....so who do they beat?

maybe Wash State, Arizona, Colorado?

eagles_victory
09-29-2011, 12:32 PM
well like most teams they have about 7 or 8 games left to play...and already have two wins....so who do they beat?

maybe Wash State, Arizona, Colorado? UCLA has talent on the team ya'll act like they have FCS talent.

Macarthur
09-29-2011, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't say it is that bad just a bit top heavy. Arizona St. is a good team Stanford and Oregon are both very good as well. USC is a good middle of the pack team. Utah's not that bad... UCLA will win 6 or 7 games by the time it is all set and done. Arizona will be ok as well.

I dont' see UCLA getting 6 or 7.

Their remaining schedule is:

@ Stanford - Loss big time
Wash St. - Prob win
@ Arz - Loss
Cal - Toss up
ASU - Loss
@ Utah - Loss
Colo - toss up
@ USC - Loss

That looks like 5 wins, best case, IMO.

Bosqueville
09-29-2011, 01:00 PM

Look, I don't want to seem too hard on UT. I just think there still needs to be much more cautious optimism than there seems to be. And if they don't get a win at ISU, it could get ugly against OU and OSU. I personally think UT should not be ranked at this point. I actually think the pollsters are doing UT a disservice, right now, by ranking them after 3 highly unimpressive wins. They get the benefit of the doubt because of the last decade, but this team does not deserve that, RIGHT NOW.

So what would have been impressive to you about the UCLA game? If they beat them by 100? If they beat Iowa State will that too be an unimpressive win? Sure sounds like your down on my Longhorns.

Phil C
09-29-2011, 01:07 PM

You have to remember that Oregon State has had some good teams in the past. For example in 1941 they had a very good 8-2 team that beat Duke 20 to 16 in the Rose Bowl. Also in 1926 they had a very good 7-1 team that only lost to a good USC team.

NastySlot
09-29-2011, 01:07 PM
UCLA has talent on the team ya'll act like they have FCS talent.

of course they do, but that doesn't always translate into being Great, Good, Average or Decent team. Example the Horns had talent last year and really more than most teams they play...but they weren't that good last year.

I think Texas wins this Saturday.......and UCLA has a way to go to making this a Good season.

eagles_victory
09-29-2011, 01:15 PM
of course they do, but that doesn't always translate into being Great, Good, Average or Decent team. Example the Horns had talent last year and really more than most teams they play...but they weren't that good last year.

I think Texas wins this Saturday.......and UCLA has a way to go to making this a Good season. Don't sleep on the Bruins they have 2 NFL RB's in the backfield and a wealth of good talent at other positions just let them straighten out the QB position.

Texas talent last year was terrible on offense.

NastySlot
09-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Don't sleep on the Bruins they have 2 NFL RB's in the backfield.

so is the problem a below avg. QB, OL or D?

The PAC is a tough conference and the Bruins aren't playing that well right now..............blasphemy here in the eyes of my fellow Aggies...but I usually see the Bruins being a lot like the Aggies....have talent and have the stuff to get it done...but some how just don't.................as an Aggie I am waiting for the day. S.Carolina is a team I also use to see this way also...but they seem to be to getting it done now....so maybe someday...my Aggies will too.

buff4ever
09-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Iowa state, texas roll ends

Macarthur
09-29-2011, 01:28 PM
So what would have been impressive to you about the UCLA game? If they beat them by 100? If they beat Iowa State will that too be an unimpressive win? Sure sounds like your down on my Longhorns.

It's not about one game. It's about a body of work. Rice is not good. BYU is mediocre and UT had to come back in the 4th quarter to win at home. UCLA stinks.

If they beat ISU, that will be a good win, but even ISU is ranked 72 in overall offense and 60 in defense. Those numbers say they are middle of the pack type of team. A team UT should beat. The real test for UT will obviously be next week against OU.

Macarthur
09-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Let me put it this way - back when UT was a top 5 team every year, these are 3 games they would have been averaging 40-50 points a game and the defense would be ranked in the top 5 in college football.

Bosqueville
09-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Let me put it this way - back when UT was a top 5 team every year, these are 3 games they would have been averaging 40-50 points a game and the defense would be ranked in the top 5 in college football.

Well they are not a top 5 team. UT beat the teams on the their schedule. They look to be improving each week. They are undefeated so far. Sounds to me like # 16 or # 17 is appropriate.

Sportshack
09-29-2011, 02:10 PM
It is smart to be cautious on the Horns at this point. However, they have the better athletes and their coaching, schemes, etc. are vastly improved from last year. They have been getting better. I am not saying they are an elite team or that they will not have their struggles as 4 losses would not surprise me. However, I just do not feel Iowa State is going to be one of those losses. Texas' speed and renewed physicality in concert with harsin's offensive scheme and Diaz' defensive schemes should carry the day. This will be the fastest, most attacking defense the junior college transfer Steele Jantz has seen.

slpybear the bullfan
09-29-2011, 02:10 PM
It's not about one game. It's about a body of work. Rice is not good. BYU is mediocre and UT had to come back in the 4th quarter to win at home. UCLA stinks.

I tend to agree with ya. Big Horns fan, but certainly not ready to look forward to OU yet.

Agreed about Rice, BYU, and UCLA. I think the telling factor in those three games will be GG. I think the longer McCoy will play with the O the better the Horns O will be. And I think that would have been a factor in the scores of some of those games mentioned.

Regardless, yes, ISU is a game that scares me. But I feel better about now than I did before the season started.

Macarthur
09-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Well they are not a top 5 team. UT beat the teams on the their schedule. They look to be improving each week. They are undefeated so far. Sounds to me like # 16 or # 17 is appropriate.

I'm sorry but I just don't see a top 20 team. I just don't. Not yet.

JustAFan
09-29-2011, 03:35 PM
I looked on the internet and found game will be televised on FX-Is that an internet feed or on regular TV?

On TV. It is the FX Saturday Night College Football game of the week. Guess everyone who can't get the Longhorn Network through their provider can watch UT this week!

Macarthur
09-29-2011, 03:37 PM
248, I think, on DirecTV.

regaleagle
09-29-2011, 04:16 PM
I agree with you, MacArthur. UT is overranked at this point in the season. Iowa State beat Iowa, and has looked good in every game thus far. Texas is developing their offense with a complementary running game to improve, but still needs some blocking to come around on the O-line. The talent is there, but not seasoned for good teams yet. Same with the D. If Texas does win this weekend, and they need to, they still have an uphill battle the rest of the season against just about every team they will face. I say Texas is a year away from being a Top 25 team, IMHO. I am a Texas Longhorn supporter and fan, but the facts are the facts. Wishful thinking does not change anything.