PDA

View Full Version : 3A State Championship!

oldtownag
09-28-2011, 05:41 PM
I say Carthage and Henderson again!

OldNavy
09-28-2011, 06:08 PM
I disagree.

OldNavy
09-28-2011, 07:12 PM
I disagree.
In fairness the stars could align for that to happen. I guess Henderson could have to beat Paris, Lindale, Celina, Alvarado and Chapel Hill and while they are capable, it would be one heck of a gauntlet. Carthage could find it's biggesgt competiton against Gilmer. However, the road for Carthage might be a little easier. It may depend on who wins in district. My guess is if Carthage beats Gilmer in district their next toughest game in the playoffs would be either Gilmer, Prosper or Argyle, but only one of those three would face Carghage as the other two would be eliminated on thier side of the bracket by the one making it to Carthage. Of course if Gilmer wins the small school out of their district, the region 2 road for Carthage is a little tougher. After that, the winner of Region 1 and I have no clue who that might be, and then either Wimberly or Coldspring for the state championship.

I don't have a good cup of tea leaves, especially this year, it just seems that no one has stood out as being the dominant beast. There are 5 weeks for that to change and perhaps it will.

trojandad
09-28-2011, 09:45 PM
i WISH i could root against carthage, but their coach has established himself on doing the most with the least of anyone i have seen...whether carthage has the guys to make a run or not, with their coach on the sideline, they will always be a threat...

having said that, i LOVE barbays way of constantly getting better against powerhouses that have taken him to the woodshed in the past (wo-s, kirbyville)....hes not chopped liver either, and its my opinion that he is coaching right now (no offense intended to my wimberley friends at all) against weaker teams for the next time he hopefully faces carthage, one could tell two years ago he was doing the same for wo-s when they were slapping us around in the first round....

Lion70
09-29-2011, 04:29 AM
pretty sure Henderson beat those teams metion up with the exception of Celina (DNP) last year. Lets face it all the other guys are playing for 2nd place lol. I wouldn't count out gilmer in d2!

lostaussie
09-29-2011, 06:45 AM
Lets face it all the other guys are playing for 2nd place lol. these kind of quotes sure do sting sometimes later in the year:doh: Yall are very good...........so are some other teams.

Chillfan
09-29-2011, 10:35 AM
these kind of quotes sure do sting sometimes later in the year:doh: Yall are very good...........so are some other teams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEnBC0Om36Y&sns=em

bobcat1
09-29-2011, 10:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEnBC0Om36Y&sns=em That little #7 running back has some great acceleration and speed!

Chillfan
09-29-2011, 11:42 AM
That little #7 running back has some great acceleration and speed!

Yes he does. He's gotten some good playing time with the injuries. He's our 4th string RB. He is quick but he sure does get nailed when someone hits him square due too his size. He is a fighter and has taken some punishment. He got him a TD against Lindale and we were all so pumped for him because he works so hard.

OldNavy
09-29-2011, 02:13 PM
pretty sure Henderson beat those teams metion up with the exception of Celina (DNP) last year. Lets face it all the other guys are playing for 2nd place lol. I wouldn't count out gilmer in d2!

I wouldn't worry about Celina, they are half your size and they don't have any speed. I think Henderson's playoff bracket looks like Paris, Lindale, Celina, Region1 Winner and Chapel Hill. Looks like a cake walk. I'm surprised you would even bother going to those games! Why not just start practicing basketball and get a leg up on some real competition.

bobcat1
09-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Yes he does. He's gotten some good playing time with the injuries. He's our 4th string RB. He is quick but he sure does get nailed when someone hits him square due too his size. He is a fighter and has taken some punishment. He got him a TD against Lindale and we were all so pumped for him because he works so hard.Heart of a Champion I bet!

coach
09-29-2011, 02:25 PM
these kind of quotes sure do sting sometimes later in the year:doh: Yall are very good...........so are some other teams.

yea just ask rocket and the rest of brownwood

buckeyebob
09-29-2011, 04:06 PM
I say Carthage and Henderson again!

We shall see...http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/cool/cool-smiley-010.gif http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/cool/cool-smiley-010.gif

regaleagle
09-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Not trying to burst any bubbles, but that's exactly what will happen all the way from here thru the playoffs in 3A in all regions this year. Yeah, yeah, you can say Chapel Hill and Henderson, or Coldpspring. But it's way too early to see what will happen to these and other contenders as the season progresses. There are way too many good teams capable of upsetting "favorites" , not to mention injuries and other variables. There is no clear cut team, tested and deep, that you can say will sweep thru the playoffs. I you think so, you may be the one that will be surprised, not me.

buckeyebob
09-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Not trying to burst any bubbles, but that's exactly what will happen all the way from here thru the playoffs in 3A in all regions this year. Yeah, yeah, you can say Chapel Hill and Henderson, or Coldpspring. But it's way too early to see what will happen to these and other contenders as the season progresses. There are way too many good teams capable of upsetting "favorites" , not to mention injuries and other variables. There is no clear cut team, tested and deep, that you can say will sweep thru the playoffs. I you think so, you may be the one that will be surprised, not me.

For eveyone but Carthage....after all...

regaleagle
09-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Why, of course!! Buckeye Bob, you should know better than most, right? Good luck to you guys tomorrow nite against Gladewater. Not to be taken lightly with their D.

buckeyebob
09-30-2011, 05:25 AM
Why, of course!! Buckeye Bob, you should know better than most, right? Good luck to you guys tomorrow nite against Gladewater. Not to be taken lightly with their D.

Thanks for the pump...but Gladewater is next Thursday night...I thing all of 16-3A have a bye this week...lick the wounds and get ready to run the gauntlet...and as hard as it is to say, probably...Carthage has been one of thse teams that have been a real problem for the Buckeyes...I can say nothing but good things about Scott Surratt & his posse...he is one of the new breed of coaches...Several teams have learned the hard way over the past few...but this year, we have them in Buckeye Land and a brand new can of Whup Ass with their name on it...so, we will see.

cowboyandchrist
09-30-2011, 07:00 AM
After watching Cold springs, Argyle, and Brownwood play Carthage, last year in the playoffs. It proves that there are several teams that can win a state championship.
Henderson, Chapell Hill, and Gilmer are undefeated so far and one might think they are the favorites, but I still believe Carthage, Cold Springs, Wimberly, Celina, and Prosper will have a say in who the champ will be. I am a homer and believe Carthage will make another run in the playoffs, because coach S has the ability to find the right player for each position by the time district starts and will have the Dawg machine hitting on all cylinders when the playoffs start. Henderson and Chapell Hill are loaded with players off last years team and will be hard to beat. I think Cold Springs has the ability, coach, and players to be back in Dallas, but Wimberly may be as good. It should be another fun time. God Bless to all.

trojandad
09-30-2011, 07:17 AM
After watching Cold springs, Argyle, and Brownwood play Carthage, last year in the playoffs. It proves that there are several teams that can win a state championship.
Henderson, Chapell Hill, and Gilmer are undefeated so far and one might think they are the favorites, but I still believe Carthage, Cold Springs, Wimberly, Celina, and Prosper will have a say in who the champ will be. I am a homer and believe Carthage will make another run in the playoffs, because coach S has the ability to find the right player for each position by the time district starts and will have the Dawg machine hitting on all cylinders when the playoffs start. Henderson and Chapell Hill are loaded with players off last years team and will be hard to beat. I think Cold Springs has the ability, coach, and players to be back in Dallas, but Wimberly may be as good. It should be another fun time. God Bless to all.

+1....:iagree: