PDA

View Full Version : The word from Llano.

BHS#1
10-04-2003, 07:16 PM
I was talking to a kid on Llano's Varsity and he said their plan for Burnet was that they were going to double team Shipley and blitz McGee
all night. Any thoughts On this??? eek!

Gobbla2001
10-04-2003, 07:17 PM
Yah, I 'think' that any decision on what to do with those two boys is a good one...

So far they don't know what works, so they're gunna try and see if that works...

BHS#1
10-04-2003, 07:22 PM
He didn't say anything about Warner, Bostic, Trapp or Levens?

BHS#1
10-04-2003, 08:23 PM
So I think Llano is going to finally figure out that you cant just stop Shipley you got to stop McGee, Levens, Warner Bostic, Trapp, and Glaeser also. Then the hard part is scoring on our defense. :D :D :D

Of course every team should have figured this out by now. Thers just to many weapons.

sinton66
10-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Would you say that yall have a better defense than you did last year? Everman found a way to score on it. Be proud of your team, support them all the way, but don't get too carried away with it. It's a long season and lots of things can happen between now and the championship in December. Chill and enjoy the ride. wink

<small>[ October 04, 2003, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

thunder
10-04-2003, 09:18 PM
stick to what works for your team! example marlin they tryed other crap that was out of their norm,wrong,stick with the one that brung you to the dance,hillbilly!

BurnetBandRules
10-04-2003, 10:47 PM
Yes, I agree that this is where alot of teams mess up when it comes to playing Burnet. I think it is great that other teams notice and recognize our passing offense but that is not the only thing to recognize...Like other posts have said, you have Warner, Levens, bastic, Trapp AND Shiply/McGee....PLUS and awesome defense that obviously proved themselves LAST week with Marlin. If a team puts too much focus on that area, then they will not be focused on the ground game thus, loosing what could be a good game. There has yet to be a team that has put some excitement in front of our boys. I hope tht Llano will realize that we have to many weapons and that one of the best things on their part to do it to work on their offense part of their game. If they can beat our defense, then they will do well in the game. I am going for Burnet 42, Llano 6

Old Dog
10-04-2003, 11:43 PM
Sinton66....Burnet's D appears to have more of an aggressive attitude this year than last. Kuhn seems to be playing with a greater abandon this year and Rountree plays very intelligently.

espn1
10-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Llano knows Burnet as well as anyone. Being neighbors they are well aware of what Burnet has. They will definetly not be blitzing every down I can asure you that. Burnet will have a cake walk with Llano's secondary. This will also be the first week that Llano has been run on.

PAINTBALL
10-05-2003, 08:51 AM
Burnet kids, both offense and defense, are good, but only kids just the same. Llano must do something different that will confuse our offensive line and our defensive backs or linebackers. Marlin's defensive coach has done a good job of that the last two years. Going with the same o same o that our kids see week after week and know like the back of their hand just won't work. The Llano coaches should throw the book out the window and try something totally off the board, like 1 down lineman.

<small>[ October 05, 2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

BHS#1
10-05-2003, 09:02 AM
This is just what i heard from him. And aboout scoring on our defense it was kinda a joke notice the smileys

PAINTBALL
10-05-2003, 09:41 AM
I hope Llano gives our defense some work this week on misdirection. We have new players at both ends and 1 outside linebacker position. The only way you really learn the need to take the correct angles on pursuit and to stay home is by being burned on misdirection. If it's going to happen then it needs to be now instead of a tight game in the playoffs.