PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights-Iowa Park

LionFan72
09-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Showing my age here, but the best I remember, the original FIRDAY NIGHT LIGHTS was a movie about the Iowa Park Hawks when they won a state championship I believe in 70, and then moved up to Class 3A. I am not positive of the dates, getting old, but maybe someone else can elaborate. I have read many references on here about the show and Odessa Permian, I know it is the TV version, but just wondering.

BwdLion73
09-28-2011, 10:18 AM
I think that was in 71 or 72. They had a film crew at Brownwood and a film crew at Iowa Park with each crew doing documentary work during the season leading up to our game. At the time they had several names they were batting around for the film.
I dont think the film was ever released however out of that came the book "Spirit" by Carlton Stowers. Pretty good reading.... I'm listed halfway through the book when Gordon Woods says he drives by JRB (grocery store) and sees a big ol' boy just sitting on his car hood and ask himself why? LOL

garciap77
09-28-2011, 12:00 PM
I think that was in 71 or 72. They had a film crew at Brownwood and a film crew at Iowa Park with each crew doing documentary work during the season leading up to our game. At the time they had several names they were batting around for the film.
I dont think the film was ever released however out of that came the book "Spirit" by Carlton Stowers. Pretty good reading.... I'm listed halfway through the book when Gordon Woods says he drives by JRB (grocery store) and sees a big ol' boy just sitting on his car hood and ask himself why? LOL

Was that big ol' boy mustang69?