PDA

View Full Version : New form of cut blocking

coach
09-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Tonight after the first series of offense in my 7th grade B team, my center comes running off the field towards me. He is yelling, "COACH, COACH, COACH, did you see number 72? He is huge! I can't block him! I simply said, "Just cut him". He then turned to me and as serious as a heart attack says, "Coach, I cant I don't have a knife on me."

I laughed for ten minutes

SHSBulldog00
09-27-2011, 10:56 PM
:clap: The things you hear as a coach during sports are priceless!!!

Ernest T Bass
09-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Lesson #1 about JH athletics; NEVER assume your kids know ANYTHING you didn't teach them.
#2; if you already taught it, but it's been over 2 hours, see lesson #1.

BaseballUmp
09-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Sooo did the kid get shanked or what?

GrTigers6
09-28-2011, 05:40 AM
Tonight after the first series of offense in my 7th grade B team, my center comes running off the field towards me. He is yelling, "COACH, COACH, COACH, did you see number 72? He is huge! I can't block him! I simply said, "Just cut him". He then turned to me and as serious as a heart attack says, "Coach, I cant I don't have a knife on me."I laughed for ten minutesThe real funny thing is, he didnt hesitate about it except for the fact he had no knife, lol
At a 8th grade game I called yesterday we were waiting on the other team to show, (for 45 min) and a ball hit me in the leg they were goofing off. The ref next to me threw his flag obviously messing with them and the response was hilarious. One asked, can we really get flagged for that. the one who threw it said it was an accident i didnt know it was a penalty. lol And to top it off me and the other ref was smiling as big as you can imagine. Its funny how nieve gullible they really are.

bobcat1
09-28-2011, 05:49 AM
That's funny.

LionFan72
09-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Dang Coach, you never mentioned that you were coaching the "Hood" league. LOL! The thoughts of babes is quite amazing!

Good luck, sounds like you may have your hands full...........of blades! New cheer---Shank them boys, Shank them Boys!

BLEEDZGREEN
09-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Tonight after the first series of offense in my 7th grade B team, my center comes running off the field towards me. He is yelling, "COACH, COACH, COACH, did you see number 72? He is huge! I can't block him! I simply said, "Just cut him". He then turned to me and as serious as a heart attack says, "Coach, I cant I don't have a knife on me."

Classic!!

Reminds me of my brother's ex, we were watching a NFL game one Sunday when the camera turned to coach on the sideline with his headphones on, she looks at my brother and asks, "Who is he talking to?" My brother replies, "The man upstairs." Then she says with a serious face, "He's talking to God?!"....We laughed all the day long about what she said now when I see coaches with the head gear on I can't help but still laugh till this day.

coach
09-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Lesson #1 about JH athletics; NEVER assume your kids know ANYTHING you didn't teach them.
#2; if you already taught it, but it's been over 2 hours, see lesson #1.

i leanred that real quick etb....but i did not expect him to reply that way. i would have completely understood if he said, coach i dont know what that means lol

BILLYFRED0000
09-28-2011, 07:37 AM
i leanred that real quick etb....but i did not expect him to reply that way. i would have completely understood if he said, coach i dont know what that means lol

Just classic all the way around.

pancho villa
09-28-2011, 07:47 AM

Good one lol. A few years ago I tell my SENIOR LB to "move closer to the line of scrimage." He then backs up. I tell him again he moves right after the third time I yell "move toward the line of scrimage" About that time he is about to cry and tells me "Coach I don't know what the line of scrimage is."

Matthew328
09-28-2011, 07:50 AM
It always seems like the kids who are really smart in the class do the dumbest stuff on the field...probably think too much

orange machine
09-28-2011, 08:39 AM
This is one of the funniest post I've ever read thanks for posting it coach!!