PDA

View Full Version : The Sideline To Sideline Half Way Top 5 Regional Rankings Show

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Long title for a HUGE show

we split it up into two parts

Region 1 and Region 2

Region 3 and Region 4

We do our top 5 for each region at the halfway point..so enjoy

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255035

warhorsejoe
09-27-2011, 09:21 PM
The WARHORSE are @ #3!! :clap:

HEMOTOXIC
09-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Good Stuff.....A fair assessment. Navasota plays @ Giddings in the final week of the season,

CH is definitely the team to beat. And, if everything unfolds like last year, Navasota will have to daunted task of trying to defeat the Bulldogs, again.

trojandad
09-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Good Stuff.....A fair assessment. Navasota plays @ Giddings in the final week of the season,

CH is definitely the team to beat. And, if everything unfolds like last year, Navasota will have to daunted task of trying to defeat the Bulldogs, again.

i am becoming a believer in ch, especially after their injuries and still putting those offensive numbers up....having said that, i think if you play them again you guys are gonna have a better game than last year, just as i think wimberley will have a better game against us if we play again this year...

i think you guys assessments were fair and my rankings were the same as yours in our region, i know you guys said giddings and navasota could easily switch places, and i think i would simply because of the numbers on the wo-s game...it was a victory, but with the mustangs outgaining them so substantially would any of us outside of the giddings faithful feel comfy putting our money on giddings to win a rematch between those two on another neutral site? i think that win causes as much head scratching as it does giddings pride....so they could easily switch....

you guys made good points about injuries, last year barbay had to get thru injuries the first 3 games of last year and really got lucky the last part of last season...this year it appears he is trying to "injury proof' his team....all four of his starting rotation of backs (rather than just the two from last year) are all around the 10 yd/carry mark with gilbert substantially over that, but gilbert has had almost no carries this year, ESPECIALLY when compared to last year...barbay will run him tough the first qtr of games, get a 2-3 td lead, then gilbert (and colton monroe, cody cummings replacement) turn around and take all that speed to play most of the remainder of the game on defense....

the defense is doing some amazing things in our def backfield this year, especially when compared to last year...ive seen cover 2 defenses slide to cb-safety overlaps where they basically trade places in mid play, which can only be done successfully when your two cb's are as fast as gilbert and sykes....i saw several plays against crockett and their two speedy backs where we swapped our def ends out for two sophs that played rb last yr (very fast) abd watched them drop into coverage....things like that that carthage never saw last year...its almost like barbay said "i couldnt win it by having 2 - 2,000 yd rushers, so im taking my strengths to the other side of the line"....

as for offense, its the same 8 plays we ran 95% of the time last year, nothing new for coaches to see on tape with us, but watching practice i can tell you they practice a HECK of a lot more than 8 plays...i just believe hes honing up a group of plays to have should another instance like last years carthage game show itself....

the BIGGEST improvement in our group is at qb....alfred scott is finally comfortable throwing the ball, his footwork is better, i havent seen him throw off his back foot all year, knock on wood....he learned a lesson from morgan last year to throw the ball up in one on one situations and let your man fight for it....our first play gameplans have included him leading off the game with passes, we scored on orangefield on a 40+ yd pass to gilbert with :12 expired off the clock.....when that play happened, every defensive man for OF was watching run due to our reputation, and scott had time to throw a pass, shine his shoes, read the paper, etc....if he can take the same advantage of teams expecting us to just run run run and have this type of confidence in his arm, that would be a whole side of us nobody saw last year....

if we are fortunate enough to win state (just one, Lord..lol) the biggest reason will be the leadership by example of sherman gilbert....i read these posts where guys are propping 300-400-500 rushing games and i have no doubt they are great rushers, but remember this, the flip side to having not played a great deal of competition so far is that weve gone thru several games that stat padding would be easy....gilbert knows hes gonna be competing for scholarship spots after the season is over (his brother is at osu) and it would be darned easy for a 17 yr old to be worried about the stats coaches so many times look for....but this guy has basically said make me a cog in our first state championship team, and when he gets pulled from rb in the first qtr with only 6 carries for just under 200 yds you never see anything close to a pout, only rooting his other backs on just like him and cummings did last year, rooting on the kickoff and punt returners that get the ball kicked to them because NOBODY kicks to gilbert anymore....if gilbert and barbay were concerned about stats, he could easily have 1,500-1,800 yds already with the competition weve played so far, so when comparing state rbs its not always numbers, sometimes the backs getting 35 carries a game get that because theres not much more than stat pride theyre playing for...im telling you, if character wins state championships, we might be awful close this year....either way, i know a lot of people that are better persons for having been associated with that young man....

Gsquared
09-28-2011, 06:25 AM
i am becoming a believer in ch, especially after their injuries and still putting those offensive numbers up....having said that, i think if you play them again you guys are gonna have a better game than last year, just as i think wimberley will have a better game against us if we play again this year...

i think you guys assessments were fair and my rankings were the same as yours in our region, i know you guys said giddings and navasota could easily switch places, and i think i would simply because of the numbers on the wo-s game...it was a victory, but with the mustangs outgaining them so substantially would any of us outside of the giddings faithful feel comfy putting our money on giddings to win a rematch between those two on another neutral site? i think that win causes as much head scratching as it does giddings pride....so they could easily switch....

you guys made good points about injuries, last year barbay had to get thru injuries the first 3 games of last year and really got lucky the last part of last season...this year it appears he is trying to "injury proof' his team....all four of his starting rotation of backs (rather than just the two from last year) are all around the 10 yd/carry mark with gilbert substantially over that, but gilbert has had almost no carries this year, ESPECIALLY when compared to last year...barbay will run him tough the first qtr of games, get a 2-3 td lead, then gilbert (and colton monroe, cody cummings replacement) turn around and take all that speed to play most of the remainder of the game on defense....

the defense is doing some amazing things in our def backfield this year, especially when compared to last year...ive seen cover 2 defenses slide to cb-safety overlaps where they basically trade places in mid play, which can only be done successfully when your two cb's are as fast as gilbert and sykes....i saw several plays against crockett and their two speedy backs where we swapped our def ends out for two sophs that played rb last yr (very fast) abd watched them drop into coverage....things like that that carthage never saw last year...its almost like barbay said "i couldnt win it by having 2 - 2,000 yd rushers, so im taking my strengths to the other side of the line"....

as for offense, its the same 8 plays we ran 95% of the time last year, nothing new for coaches to see on tape with us, but watching practice i can tell you they practice a HECK of a lot more than 8 plays...i just believe hes honing up a group of plays to have should another instance like last years carthage game show itself....

the BIGGEST improvement in our group is at qb....alfred scott is finally comfortable throwing the ball, his footwork is better, i havent seen him throw off his back foot all year, knock on wood....he learned a lesson from morgan last year to throw the ball up in one on one situations and let your man fight for it....our first play gameplans have included him leading off the game with passes, we scored on orangefield on a 40+ yd pass to gilbert with :12 expired off the clock.....when that play happened, every defensive man for OF was watching run due to our reputation, and scott had time to throw a pass, shine his shoes, read the paper, etc....if he can take the same advantage of teams expecting us to just run run run and have this type of confidence in his arm, that would be a whole side of us nobody saw last year....

if we are fortunate enough to win state (just one, Lord..lol) the biggest reason will be the leadership by example of sherman gilbert....i read these posts where guys are propping 300-400-500 rushing games and i have no doubt they are great rushers, but remember this, the flip side to having not played a great deal of competition so far is that weve gone thru several games that stat padding would be easy....gilbert knows hes gonna be competing for scholarship spots after the season is over (his brother is at osu) and it would be darned easy for a 17 yr old to be worried about the stats coaches so many times look for....but this guy has basically said make me a cog in our first state championship team, and when he gets pulled from rb in the first qtr with only 6 carries for just under 200 yds you never see anything close to a pout, only rooting his other backs on just like him and cummings did last year, rooting on the kickoff and punt returners that get the ball kicked to them because NOBODY kicks to gilbert anymore....if gilbert and barbay were concerned about stats, he could easily have 1,500-1,800 yds already with the competition weve played so far, so when comparing state rbs its not always numbers, sometimes the backs getting 35 carries a game get that because theres not much more than stat pride theyre playing for...im telling you, if character wins state championships, we might be awful close this year....either way, i know a lot of people that are better persons for having been associated with that young man....
Great read TD!!!! It would take me five days to get my point across like that. Who you guys got this week?

trojandad
09-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Great read TD!!!! It would take me five days to get my point across like that. Who you guys got this week?

shepherd here....then splendora there....then cleveland here...then a week off to get ready for huffman there,, then liberty here...

huffman beat liberty like they stole something, so unless cleveland derails them the week before they play us, it could be two undefeated teams for the whole magilla 10/28....cleveland has proven to be a team that only plays one half this year, played silsbee hard the first half, got beat up the second....had a big lead on royal only to win it thanks to royals kicker missing a pt after, were almost tied with lowly shepherd for a half before turning it on the second half....i dont have them figured out at all yet, but if they play a good enough half against liberty to hold on for the win (again on the 28th) they could sneak in as the third team from 22 3a, even tho huffman would still go dI....

Gsquared
09-28-2011, 10:57 AM
shepherd here....then splendora there....then cleveland here...then a week off to get ready for huffman there,, then liberty here...

huffman beat liberty like they stole something, so unless cleveland derails them the week before they play us, it could be two undefeated teams for the whole magilla 10/28....cleveland has proven to be a team that only plays one half this year, played silsbee hard the first half, got beat up the second....had a big lead on royal only to win it thanks to royals kicker missing a pt after, were almost tied with lowly shepherd for a half before turning it on the second half....i dont have them figured out at all yet, but if they play a good enough half against liberty to hold on for the win (again on the 28th) they could sneak in as the third team from 22 3a, even tho huffman would still go dI....
Dang, based on what you told me about them the other day and them beating Liberty that way, I think you have me coming around on Huffman.

DavidWooderson
09-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Yawn

trojandad
09-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Dang, based on what you told me about them the other day and them beating Liberty that way, I think you have me coming around on Huffman.

i underestimated huffman last year, they played us to a 9 pt game at our place, was a 3 pt game late in the game when their onside kicker kicked the ball mistakenly to gilbert in full stride....they had nobody who could catch him like that...this year with the game at their place is a little spooky...huffman then beat a good silsbee team in the playoffs before giving navasota trouble before going down....

will be a great test for our passing defense as huffman throws 5 out of 6 downs, mainly short, open field passes...they wait for you to bite on the short pass for the 100th time then send their receivers deep on a double move...we picked them 3 times last year when they tried to go long...in my opinion with what ive seen so far this year huffman has more around their qb than liberty does, but i still like liberty's jr qb better than huffmans barbers hill transfer qb.....i think huffman will definitely be our toughest test this year outside of the playoffs but still havent seen the line play out of huffman in order to upset us....after huffman pulled such a close game last year, and with a bye week the previous week for us (probably with barbay having his guys drive over to cleveland that friday to watch huffman and cleveland duke it out) i doubt it will be difficult to let huffman sneak up on us two years in a row.....

i say all that to say i still dont know, imo, if huffman is ready to crack the top 10 in our region....i think navasota takes them again just on line play....i even think wo-s probably beats them....but that coach for huffman is gonna have a team one year to go along with that coaching style of his thats gonna make a run some day....

Roughneck93
09-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey G2, now we don't have a Motel 6. What we do have is a Best Western and even better news is that you can walk on over to the Dairy Queen if needed.

trojandad
09-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Hey G2, now we don't have a Motel 6. What we do have is a Best Western and even better news is that you can walk on over to the Dairy Queen if needed.

g2 needs a dairy queen that serves shiner......:stirpot:

trojandad
09-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Yawn

im sorry, dave....are we forgetting to talk about your team?....well hush and talk about them now if you want....:crazy:

Gsquared
09-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Im gonna book a room at Best Western next week then. Aint nothin better than bein within walking distance of a Dilly Bar or a Blizzard.

Gsquared
09-28-2011, 11:44 AM
im sorry, dave....are we forgetting to talk about your team?....well hush and talk about them now if you want....:crazy:
Woulda been perfect if the Dam Liquor Store served Blizzards!!!!!!!!

Tejastrue
09-28-2011, 11:49 AM
The WARHORSE are @ #3!! :clap:

Are you feeling the love WHJ?

bobcat1
09-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Good job guys!

trojandad
09-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Woulda been perfect if the Dam Liquor Store served Blizzards!!!!!!!!

or if dalton and linda currie would have built their sunday houses down by the liquor store as i suggested many moons ago.....(it was a joke, we were at a party, dalton had a few too many, you know how it goes)....

what was funny is after that joke, he built those where you stayed and afterward someone bought that red bldg near the road by them (the one thats now a florist) and tried a liquor store there...mr currie found me in town and just knew i was funding the purchase....i had to calm him down by showing him all my sobriety chips from aa over the years before he believed it wasnt me...

the liquor store failed...linda said it was because she only rented to "tea tottlers"....(a lot she knows, huh g2?!?!?)...turns out i wasnt as smart about a liquor store and sunday houses going together in coldspring as i thought.....:wave:

lbjacj
09-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Trinity Smith and Blakenmore?

Tejastrue
09-28-2011, 12:13 PM

:spitlol::spitlol:Well, it was the last segment, kinda like closing time, "if you know what I mean"...

Gsquared
09-28-2011, 12:24 PM
or if dalton and linda currie would have built their sunday houses down by the liquor store as i suggested many moons ago.....(it was a joke, we were at a party, dalton had a few too many, you know how it goes)....

what was funny is after that joke, he built those where you stayed and afterward someone bought that red bldg near the road by them (the one thats now a florist) and tried a liquor store there...mr currie found me in town and just knew i was funding the purchase....i had to calm him down by showing him all my sobriety chips from aa over the years before he believed it wasnt me...

the liquor store failed...linda said it was because she only rented to "tea tottlers"....(a lot she knows, huh g2?!?!?)...turns out i wasnt as smart about a liquor store and sunday houses going together in coldspring as i thought.....:wave:

BTW, I locked myself out of my Sunday house three times!!!!

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2011, 12:26 PM

Sorry trinity Wilson and Brennan Blackemore.....we have alot of names we try to remember

trojandad
09-28-2011, 12:36 PM
BTW, I locked myself out of my Sunday house three times!!!!

darn that shiner!!!!!!

did you have to call them to get back in?

btw, were they as nice inside as i remember them?

Gsquared
09-28-2011, 12:40 PM
darn that shiner!!!!!!

did you have to call them to get back in?

btw, were they as nice inside as i remember them?
I had to call her the first time and she told me where the spare key was (in the utility room house thing) Second time, I had a head full of shiner and had just got out of the shower, ran out to my car in boxers and a tshirt, came back and forgot it locked from the inside. Snuck back to the utility room and found a third spare key. Third time (I had unlocked the window in front just in case) I crawled thru the window. Yeah, they were nice!

trojandad
09-28-2011, 01:02 PM
I had to call her the first time and she told me where the spare key was (in the utility room house thing) Second time, I had a head full of shiner and had just got out of the shower, ran out to my car in boxers and a tshirt, came back and forgot it locked from the inside. Snuck back to the utility room and found a third spare key. Third time (I had unlocked the window in front just in case) I crawled thru the window. Yeah, they were nice!

my wife and i are rolling in the floor with laughter...$1,000 for a video of all that, bad language audio included....

Gsquared
09-28-2011, 01:15 PM
my wife and i are rolling in the floor with laughter...$1,000 for a video of all that, bad language audio included....
$1000 BUCKS for the video??? Mannnn, I knew I should have hired a documentary crew to follow me around this football season. Coulda made a mint!!

trojandad
09-28-2011, 01:27 PM
$1000 BUCKS for the video??? Mannnn, I knew I should have hired a documentary crew to follow me around this football season. Coulda made a mint!!

are you kidding?? g2, outside, boxers, small town, shiner, falling asleep in utility room (i added that one)....i could make a mint on THAT one...could get your co-hort to advertise it on your show, split the commissions down the middle...

thats as bad as me describing my shower dilemma a few months back, people willpay NOT to have that mental image in their heads....

warhorsejoe
09-28-2011, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=Tejastrue;1614057]Are you feeling the love WHJ?[/QUOTE

you bet!!!:inlove:

icu812
09-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Good job on the show. Thanks.

I do believe a little to much Gladewater love in R2 though.

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Good job on the show. Thanks.

I do believe a little to much Gladewater love in R2 though.

I just really like what their D has done...in a time where offense dominates they have put up some wow numbers

trojandad
09-28-2011, 11:00 PM
question....you guys said your gonna follow chapel hill most of the way, and i think thats fair, i think i would, too, but as far as potential regional finals go, lets agree that should henderson and chapel hill meet up that would no doubt be the game to watch, especially after last year....but if, hypothetically, should either chapel hill or henderson stumble along the way, wouldnt you agree that the marquis regional final game would be the potential rematch between coldspring and wimberley rather than carthage and whoever they play and chapel hill/henderson and whoever they play?

Gsquared
09-29-2011, 06:23 AM
question....you guys said your gonna follow chapel hill most of the way, and i think thats fair, i think i would, too, but as far as potential regional finals go, lets agree that should henderson and chapel hill meet up that would no doubt be the game to watch, especially after last year....but if, hypothetically, should either chapel hill or henderson stumble along the way, wouldnt you agree that the marquis regional final game would be the potential rematch between coldspring and wimberley rather than carthage and whoever they play and chapel hill/henderson and whoever they play?
Yeah, I think a Coldspring /Wimberley matchup would be the one id go to for sure. Mostly meant follow Chapel Hill as in broadcasting them mostly for the fact that Chapel Hill ISD granted us permission to do thier games and they didnt already have a radio broadcast. Thats kind of hard to find these days.

buckeyebob
09-29-2011, 07:26 AM
District 16-3A carries on....thanks for the love guys but Henderson, Gilmer, Carthage with Gladewater & Pittsburg honorable mention...add in the likes of Chapel Hill & Lindale...once again...East Texas Speed Kills...maybe the rest of the State will get lucky and watch us shread each other in District.

trojandad
09-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I think a Coldspring /Wimberley matchup would be the one id go to for sure. Mostly meant follow Chapel Hill as in broadcasting them mostly for the fact that Chapel Hill ISD granted us permission to do thier games and they didnt already have a radio broadcast. Thats kind of hard to find these days.

that makes tons of sense....

OldNavy
09-29-2011, 08:36 AM
As far a marquis game, the both will have their day in the sun as the D1 Region finals are the week before the D2's final. You can see them both.

Txbroadcaster
09-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Just for the record

Henderson vs CH can only happen in state finals, they are in diff regions

trojandad
09-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Just for the record

Henderson vs CH can only happen in state finals, they are in diff regions

yea, my mistake....only time wimberley/coldspring would be happening, too...

icu812
09-29-2011, 12:11 PM
I just really like what their D has done...in a time where offense dominates they have put up some wow numbers

I like a great D as well. I just think losing to Wills Point 3-0 tells me all I need to know. Wills Point lost to Athens 34-0. Athens is good but they did lose to Palestine (a team which a 5-0 Van team destroyed).