PDA

View Full Version : Give me your top 10 for Region 1 halfway thru.

GrTigers6
09-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Give me your votes for region 1 top 10 thru week 4. here is mine
1.Alvarado
2. Brownwood
3. Kennedale
4. Lubbock Estacado
5.Monahans
6. Snyder
7.Dalhart
8.Seminole
9. Bridgeport
10.Decatur

jason
09-27-2011, 12:39 PM
if brownwood is really #2 in the region then the region as a whole is terrible...

turbostud
09-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Where is Abilene Wylie? Are they down this year?

bigwood33
09-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Someone might want to pay attention to Borger. Anyone who beats Graham 30-2 MIGHT be pretty good.

ccmom
09-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Someone might want to pay attention to Borger. Anyone who beats Graham 30-2 MIGHT be pretty good.

I wasn't impressed with Graham when Wylie played them, but that's just me.

GrTigers6
09-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Where is Abilene Wylie? Are they down this year?They are 2-3 but played a pretty tough schedule

GrTigers6
09-27-2011, 02:48 PM
if brownwood is really #2 in the region then the region as a whole is terrible...If you disagree then make your own top ten and that may change it. All the teams that were above them lost to mediocre teams. or havent played anyone so we can measure their talent.
2-8 are real close in my opinion and will be seperated in the weeks to come and other teams that have improving may move into their spots. Thats what is so interesting about this season. There are no Stand out teams although Alvarado is slowing pulling away.

BEAST
09-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I really dont know where we rank in the grand scheme right now. I know we are banged up pretty bad though. With that said, I'd rather have the injuries now than later. Also, as badly injured as we are, other than the ville massacre, we continue to do the most imortant thing, WIN!

BEAST

LIONS#1
09-27-2011, 03:27 PM
The "W" stat is the one that counts..I figure we are doing better than some and not as good as others and on any given Friday night with 16-18 year olds palying the game who knows what will happen!!:)

LIONS#1
09-27-2011, 03:29 PM
I agree Abilene Wylie should be on there somewhere..maybe even in front of Brownwood....only Time will tell as BWlion80 used to say!!:)

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Ok... Here's my opinions.. Im from Alvarado so I get to watch the team everyone is putting #1 in Region 1. They are pretty salty..

1. Alvarado
2. Decatur
3. Kennedale
4. Brownwood
5. Snyder
6. Monohans
7. Bridgeport
8. Dalhart
9. Fort Stockton
10. Seminole

As for Abilene Wylie, I dont see it this year.. They were much better last year. Glen Rose has dissapointed me this year too.. Must be injuries. A lot of these teams have played other teams that just aren't very good thus their record reflects that.

Bosqueville
09-27-2011, 10:03 PM
1. Alvarado
2. Kennedale
3. Brownwood
4. Monahans
5. Snyder
6. Borger
7. Dalhart
8. Seminole
9. Wylie
10. Bridgeport

GrTigers6
09-28-2011, 05:44 AM
I agree Abilene Wylie should be on there somewhere..maybe even in front of Brownwood....only Time will tell as BWlion80 used to say!!:)Wylie is on the bubble, with a 2-3 record it makes it tough to rank them in the top ten even though they played a tougher schedule. As they start district then this top ten can and probably will change.

GrTigers6
09-28-2011, 05:48 AM
1. Alvarado
2. Kennedale
3. Brownwood
4. Monahans
5. Snyder
6. Borger
7. Dalhart
8. Seminole
9. Wylie
10. BridgeportI dont know much about Borger, after this weeks game we will know more about Seminole and Dalhart, And as far as Kennedale I dont think they are in the same league as Alvarado right now, we will see after next week. I bet they have some revenge in mind.

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Youre probably right GrTigers. Alvarado is better than last year. So hopefully it wont be a come from behind victory for us like last year. That was by far the best Alvarado game I have ever attended. And I have been in big A for over 35 yrs. We see you guys the last game I think..

bwdlionfan
09-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Youre probably right GrTigers. Alvarado is better than last year. So hopefully it wont be a come from behind victory for us like last year. That was by far the best Alvarado game I have ever attended. And I have been in big A for over 35 yrs. We see you guys the last game I think..

What is Alvorado's enrollment look like right now with snapshot day approaching? I know they've been right on the bubble of 4A in the past.

ccmom
09-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Ok... Here's my opinions.. Im from Alvarado so I get to watch the team everyone is putting #1 in Region 1. They are pretty salty..

1. Alvarado
2. Decatur
3. Kennedale
4. Brownwood
5. Snyder
6. Monohans
7. Bridgeport
8. Dalhart
9. Fort Stockton
10. Seminole

As for Abilene Wylie, I dont see it this year.. They were much better last year. Glen Rose has dissapointed me this year too.. Must be injuries. A lot of these teams have played other teams that just aren't very good thus their record reflects that.

I have no idea what the season will hold for Wylie this year...lots of issues and injuries to work through. However, I strongly disagree with the opinion that last year's team was much better than this year's. I'm curious about what makes you think that?

It looks like Alavarado is probably better than last year and that is scary thing for the rest of Region 1.

tex_male
09-28-2011, 11:30 AM
It looks like Alavarado is probably better than last year and that is scary thing for the rest of Region 1.

Region 1 D1 bracket

ccmom
09-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Region 1 D1 bracket

Good point

garciap77
09-28-2011, 11:52 AM
I agree Abilene Wylie should be on there somewhere..maybe even in front of Brownwood....only Time will tell as BWlion80 used to say!!:)

I only watched them play three games. IMO they should not be in the top ten at this point. Last game, we had llike 2 yards rushing and the game before that we had like -3 yards rushing we have problems, but I thing we can get them fixed before district starts.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/4BXP2-1.jpg

P.S. We will still be the kitty kats! :D

ccmom
09-28-2011, 11:52 AM
What is Alvorado's enrollment look like right now with snapshot day approaching? I know they've been right on the bubble of 4A in the past.

Didn't they just drop from 4A last realignment or am I confused as usual?

R1Editor
09-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Didn't they just drop from 4A last realignment or am I confused as usual?I believe they have been down 4 years, were in district with kennedale and kaufman venus and so on. Then were put in our district last realignment.

ccmom
09-28-2011, 01:02 PM
I believe they have been down 4 years, were in district with kennedale and kaufman venus and so on. Then were put in our district last realignment.

Thanks!

R1Editor
09-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Youre probably right GrTigers. Alvarado is better than last year. So hopefully it wont be a come from behind victory for us like last year. That was by far the best Alvarado game I have ever attended. And I have been in big A for over 35 yrs. We see you guys the last game I think..Yep that is correct, And looking forward to it if for nothing else to see what yall got,:p:D

Gsquared
09-28-2011, 02:14 PM
I dont know much about Borger, after this weeks game we will know more about Seminole and Dalhart, And as far as Kennedale I dont think they are in the same league as Alvarado right now, we will see after next week. I bet they have some revenge in mind.
We are broadcasting the Kennedale/Alvarado game next week! Im cited

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Who is broadcasting? how do I hear it??

JustAFan
09-29-2011, 08:13 AM
We are broadcasting the Kennedale/Alvarado game next week! Im cited

Great! That means G2 will be sitting on the Alvarado side!