PDA

View Full Version : Dallas afer 3 games

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2011, 08:16 AM
2-1...could be easily 3-0....and could be easily 0-3 LOL.

injuries hurting the team..but good thing none of them are season ending..those guys will be back....We are seeing a D that is starting to rise to the challenge instead of giving up points at the worst time

Still dont like the run game..Jones had two great runs last night and tha is it..I know people put it on the OL, but last night Jones had 3-4 runs where lane is there and he just could not get thru it.

OL has played solid( kinda funny Free has been maybe worst player)...the snap thing last night was odd, but it seems ex Cowboys Bowen was barking the snap

Passing game when everyone is healthy it is almost unstoppable...right now it is almost unwatchable LOL.

The Romo thing has been talk to death, but in 3 games IMO he has shown to be everything the critics claimed he would not be.

Macarthur
09-27-2011, 08:41 AM

injuries hurting the team..but good thing none of them are season ending..those guys will be back....We are seeing a D that is starting to rise to the challenge instead of giving up points at the worst time

Still dont like the run game..Jones had two great runs last night and tha is it..I know people put it on the OL, but last night Jones had 3-4 runs where lane is there and he just could not get thru it.

OL has played solid( kinda funny Free has been maybe worst player)...the snap thing last night was odd, but it seems ex Cowboys Bowen was barking the snap

Passing game when everyone is healthy it is almost unstoppable...right now it is almost unwatchable LOL.

The Romo thing has been talk to death, but in 3 games IMO he has shown to be everything the critics claimed he would not be.

Yeah, there's def some positives. I think the youth will continue to grow although there are some growing pains. The run game did show a few signs of life. I think that will get better when Austin and Bryant are both healthy.

I think the most encouraging thing is that this defense looks like it's going to keep them in every game.

JJWalker
09-27-2011, 08:44 AM
As far as Romo goes, and I have got to be one of his biggest critics, he may have overcome his boneheaded tendencies and will prove to be better than just a statistics monster.

Macarthur
09-27-2011, 08:49 AM
As far as Romo goes, and I have got to be one of his biggest critics, he may have overcome his boneheaded tendencies and will prove to be better than just a statistics monster.

Much of the percieved 'boneheaded tendencies' are your imagination.

JJWalker
09-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Much of the percieved 'boneheaded tendencies' are your imagination.

Great, I hope so.

SintonFan
09-27-2011, 11:13 AM

When the Cowboys get healthy... watch out! :cool:

Old Tiger
09-27-2011, 11:15 AM

The Romo thing has been talk to death, but in 3 games IMO he has shown to be everything the critics claimed he would not be.Lets see romo toward the end of the season.

pirate4state
09-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Lets see romo toward the end of the season.

if he makes it to the end of the season

i can't figure out if Garrett's play calling is making our oline look bad or if they are really just that bad or maybe its both? :thinking: whatever it is...it stinks.

Old Tiger
09-27-2011, 11:34 AM
if he makes it to the end of the season

i can't figure out if Garrett's play calling is making our oline look bad or if they are really just that bad or maybe its both? :thinking: whatever it is...it stinks.One thing I couldn't figure out is why the hell Romo decided to throw back shoulder fade to Marty B given that he is 6'6 going up against a DB that Marty has about 3-8 inches on.

Phil C
09-27-2011, 11:34 AM
On the other hand the Cowboys could have easily been 1-2.

coach
09-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Lets see romo toward the end of the season.

Let's

jk.... just needed to post pad

Saggy Aggie
09-27-2011, 12:49 PM
On the other hand the Cowboys could have easily been 1-2. LOL

Phil gets me everytime

eagles_victory
09-27-2011, 12:53 PM
One thing I couldn't figure out is why the hell Romo decided to throw back shoulder fade to Marty B given that he is 6'6 going up against a DB that Marty has about 3-8 inches on. Hit him in the hands what more do you want?

playnhurt
09-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Thank the FG kicker for this win!

lostaussie
09-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Thank the FG kicker for this win!Thank you Mr. Field Goal Kicker:D

waterboy
09-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Thank you Mr. Field Goal Kicker:D
Yep. He got it done. Hit all 6 field goals straight down the middle. Romo got the team in range, despite his offensive team mates mistakes, and some really poor play calling by Garrett. I lay the blame for the offensive inconsistency on Garrett, because it is his responsibility to get his players prepared and on the same page. The Cowboys were extremely fortunate to get a win in this one. The defense closed this game out when they had to, so they deserve kudos as well.

BEAST
09-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Yep. He got it done. Hit all 6 field goals straight down the middle. Romo got the team in range, despite his offensive team mates mistakes, and some really poor play calling by Garrett. I lay the blame for the offensive inconsistency on Garrett, because it is his responsibility to get his players prepared and on the same page. The Cowboys were extremely fortunate to get a win in this one. The defense closed this game out when they had to, so they deserve kudos as well.

I think the "bad" play calling may have had more to do with the lack of starters on the field than anything else. There were a ton of unproven players out there last night.

BEAST

waterboy
09-27-2011, 04:48 PM
I think the "bad" play calling may have had more to do with the lack of starters on the field than anything else. There were a ton of unproven players out there last night.

BEAST
That's true when you are talking about execution, but the play calling in the redzone is, and has been suspect. Garrett needs to be a little less conservative and trust his players more. I can understand why he made conservative calls in the Redskin game with all the new players out there. They just could not execute at all, so it really limited what plays he could call. I'll give him a pass on the Redskin game, but it is his responsibility to get all the offensive players on the same page regardless of who is out there. Fortunately, it is something that can be, and should be corrected with intense practice time. They have two weeks to prepare for the next game, and I fully expect the Cowboys to play better offensively regardless of who the players are.

Eagle 1
09-27-2011, 04:58 PM
How can a receiver in the nfl NOT know where to line up or what to do on a play?
And Geroade (sp?) is not looking so bad at center. lol.

bobcat1
09-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Yep. He got it done. Hit all 6 field goals straight down the middle. Romo got the team in range, despite his offensive team mates mistakes, and some really poor play calling by Garrett. I lay the blame for the offensive inconsistency on Garrett, because it is his responsibility to get his players prepared and on the same page. The Cowboys were extremely fortunate to get a win in this one. The defense closed this game out when they had to, so they deserve kudos as well.Romo does change the plays at times so it isn't all on Garrett. Romo killed several plays last night expecting all out blitzes but his green receivers had no clue what to do when the blitz came.