PDA

View Full Version : Terrius Purvey named best running back by Texasprepxtra.com

Keith7
01-21-2004, 07:05 PM
if you go to the Texas Prep Xtra Website (http://www.texasprepxtra.com) and downlow "The Show" they go over the top running backs in state, and Terrius Purvey of Gainesville was named 1st team MVP and the best running back they have seen all year..

<small>[ January 21, 2004, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

jason
01-21-2004, 08:33 PM
is that just 3A or all of the state...either way though, thats a joke, hes not the best...

dawgdad
01-21-2004, 09:18 PM
He played a pretty impressive game against Burnet in the state championship game.

jason
01-21-2004, 09:19 PM
dawgdad:
He played a pretty impressive game against Burnet in the state championship game.ok, thats fine...but MVP of the state?? no way...

Leopards,class of 75
01-21-2004, 10:28 PM
He played good all year long. Not many teams slowed him down! Congradulations to the Gainesville Leopards Jr. running back!

Keith7
01-21-2004, 11:02 PM
jason:

dawgdad:
He played a pretty impressive game against Burnet in the state championship game.ok, thats fine...but MVP of the state?? no way...Listen to the broadcast

Chris Hart
01-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Burnet has faced some great RBs in the past two years, LaShon Thayer-Gatesville, Theo Miller-Everman, Tank Smith-Marlin, Raymond Hudson-Wharton, and Terrius Purvey looked in a different class altogether than those guys. The only thing I don't personally know about him, is his ability to run between the tackles because against Burnet when he ran between the tackles there was no one there to greet him, unfortunately. Purvey is IMO, the best Burnet has seen the past two years.

jason
01-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Chris Hart:
Burnet has faced some great RBs in the past two years, LaShon Thayer-Gatesville, Theo Miller-Everman, Tank Smith-Marlin, Raymond Hudson-Wharton, and Terrius Purvey looked in a different class altogether than those guys. The only thing I don't personally know about him, is his ability to run between the tackles because against Burnet when he ran between the tackles there was no one there to greet him, unfortunately. Purvey is IMO, the best Burnet has seen the past two years.well that explains why you havent given up any points...hes not that good...hes the mvp of the whole state of texas?? he wont even go D1....

<small>[ January 21, 2004, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

Chris Hart
01-21-2004, 11:43 PM
jason:

Chris Hart:
Burnet has faced some great RBs in the past two years, LaShon Thayer-Gatesville, Theo Miller-Everman, Tank Smith-Marlin, Raymond Hudson-Wharton, and Terrius Purvey looked in a different class altogether than those guys. The only thing I don't personally know about him, is his ability to run between the tackles because against Burnet when he ran between the tackles there was no one there to greet him, unfortunately. Purvey is IMO, the best Burnet has seen the past two years.well that explains why you havent given up any points...hes not that good...hes the mvp of the whole state of texas?? he wont even go D1....Jealousy? :rolleyes:

jason
01-21-2004, 11:51 PM
Chris Hart:

jason:

Chris Hart:
Burnet has faced some great RBs in the past two years, LaShon Thayer-Gatesville, Theo Miller-Everman, Tank Smith-Marlin, Raymond Hudson-Wharton, and Terrius Purvey looked in a different class altogether than those guys. The only thing I don't personally know about him, is his ability to run between the tackles because against Burnet when he ran between the tackles there was no one there to greet him, unfortunately. Purvey is IMO, the best Burnet has seen the past two years.well that explains why you havent given up any points...hes not that good...hes the mvp of the whole state of texas?? he wont even go D1....Jealousy? :rolleyes: jealous of what?? ive seen soo many good running backs, and u put him in a 5A school and hes on JV his jr year...

Keith7
01-22-2004, 03:40 AM
jason:

Chris Hart:
Burnet has faced some great RBs in the past two years, LaShon Thayer-Gatesville, Theo Miller-Everman, Tank Smith-Marlin, Raymond Hudson-Wharton, and Terrius Purvey looked in a different class altogether than those guys. The only thing I don't personally know about him, is his ability to run between the tackles because against Burnet when he ran between the tackles there was no one there to greet him, unfortunately. Purvey is IMO, the best Burnet has seen the past two years.well that explains why you havent given up any points...hes not that good...hes the mvp of the whole state of texas?? he wont even go D1....He is interested in goin to Texas actually

dawgdad
01-22-2004, 05:58 AM
According to a D-1 recruiting coach I have talked to, he will be heavily recruited.

Leopards,class of 75
01-22-2004, 07:16 AM
Jason, I watched him run his Soph. year and I knew he was better than ave. then. He proved to me that he is a quality R.B. this year by playing against the best(including Forney's defense) I think someone in div.1 will want him, but I could be wrong.

poncho
01-22-2004, 07:32 AM
Jason why do you always have some negitive comment about a player, unless he's from Forney??? :cool:

jason
01-22-2004, 08:27 AM
poncho:
Jason why do you always have some negitive comment about a player, unless he's from Forney??? :cool: im not even gonna respond to that... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GreatBigBurnetFan
01-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Sorry Jason,
Whether you respond to it or not, it's the truth.
You did the same thing with Jordan Shipley. IF THEIR NOT FROM FORNEY YOU SAY NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT THEM, THAT'S NOT RIGHT!!! No one else is
saying negative stuff but you, get over it! Not all good athletes have to come through Forney. Your negative about others because no one has said anything about the young men from Forney, Why
should we say anything about Forney kids, they committed early, but no one said ANYTHING NEGATIVE
EITHER.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

Keith7
01-22-2004, 02:21 PM
GreatBigBurnetFan:
Sorry Jason,
You did the same thing with Jordan Shipley. IF THEIR NOT FROM FORNEY YOU SAY NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT THEM, THAT'S NOT RIGHT!!! No one else is
saying negative stuff but you, get over it! Not all good athletes have to come through Forney. Your negative about others because no one has said anything about the young men from Forney, Why
should we say anything about Forney kids, they committed early, but no one said ANYTHING NEGATIVE
EITHER.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFanAmen

westcoast54
01-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Jason, you are CLUELESS! He rushed for 900 yards in the playoffs alone. You say he won't even go D.1. Texas Tech has already said they are going to offer him once they can actually talk to him. Last time I checked Tech was a D.1 team. Just get over yourself. Forney had a good year, but they got beat. Deal with it or get some help.

Bellville22
01-22-2004, 02:57 PM
I saw several good 3A RB's this past year, some of which will be back next year (Tank Smith, Charles Huffman of Rice). I thought Terrius was by far the best. He'll get plenty of offers next year.

jason
01-22-2004, 04:15 PM
GreatBigBurnetFan:
Sorry Jason,
EITHER.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFani never said anything negative about Jordan, hes a great athlete (and he also golfs, lol)...i did, however, say that i thought it would have been better for the two of them (McGee and Shipley) to go to Tech where they will both get more playing time earlier in their careers....

<small>[ January 22, 2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

GETBACKCOACH
01-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Jason,
Wasn't it you that said Brown from Gainesville wasn't a D-1 player (too small)?? He has been offered by Tulsa, New Mexico, Arkansas, and Louisanna Tech, and North Texas.

Purvey is the best back in the state........all classes. He is 6'1 190 lbs runs a sub 4.4 and has vision that can't be taught. He rushed for almost 2,000 yards this year and never touched the ball over 10 times the first 10 games of the season. Tech, OSU, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Notre Dame have already asked to see film on him. He will be offered by every D-1 school in the nation next year. You can disagree if you want too but you are a young college kid that needs a little more seasoning. You are intitled to your opinion but facts are facts.

I'll bet my house payment against yours he gets a D-1 Scholarship.

jason
01-22-2004, 06:56 PM
GETBACKCOACH:
Jason,
Wasn't it you that said Brown from Gainesville wasn't a D-1 player (too small)?? He has been offered by Tulsa, New Mexico, Arkansas, and Louisanna Tech, and North Texas.

Purvey is the best back in the state........all classes. He is 6'1 190 lbs runs a sub 4.4 and has vision that can't be taught. He rushed for almost 2,000 yards this year and never touched the ball over 10 times the first 10 games of the season. Tech, OSU, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Notre Dame have already asked to see film on him. He will be offered by every D-1 school in the nation next year. You can disagree if you want too but you are a young college kid that needs a little more seasoning. You are intitled to your opinion but facts are facts.

I'll bet my house payment against yours he gets a D-1 Scholarship.i'll make that bet when you learn to use spell checker...

Keith7
01-22-2004, 07:11 PM
jason:

GETBACKCOACH:
Jason,

I'll bet my house payment against yours he gets a D-1 Scholarship.i'll make that bet when you learn to use spell checker...ooooooooooooooooooooo, the ever famous "you can't spell" come back.. good one, way to make an excellent point!!!!! you win! every player from foney must can be MVP!

<small>[ January 22, 2004, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

ThaRealBulldog
01-22-2004, 07:15 PM
I would have to go with ESPN's #1 Adrian Peterson I think they know what they are talking about. I also scrimaged Palestine and he's awesome.

Keith7
01-22-2004, 07:33 PM
ThaRealBulldog:
I would have to go with ESPN's #1 Adrian Peterson I think they know what they are talking about. I also scrimaged Palestine and he's awesome.he was the number 1 recruit in the nation..

Old Tiger
01-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Congratulations

jason
01-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Keith7:

ThaRealBulldog:
I would have to go with ESPN's #1 Adrian Peterson I think they know what they are talking about. I also scrimaged Palestine and he's awesome.he was the number 1 recruit in the nation..yeah but hes not the best in texas... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MonkeyJoe
01-22-2004, 09:09 PM
He'll be back again next year.
not with the talent infront of him that he is use to, but he'll still make the plays that will get him the MVP next year.

GETBACKCOACH
01-22-2004, 09:26 PM
Monkey Joe,
He will have a better line than he had this year. Gainesville's JV has only lost one JV game in the last two years. The Linemen are the best part of the group. McBath will be hard to replace but everyone else has a kid behind them that could possibly be as good as the ones graduating. Don't count out Cordell, he has away of bringing the cream to the top.

jason
01-22-2004, 10:22 PM
MonkeyJoe:
He'll be back again next year.
not with the talent infront of him that he is use to, but he'll still make the plays that will get him the MVP next year.he'll be better next year...and he'll be one of the best in texas...

Leopards,class of 75
01-23-2004, 07:10 AM
He is already one of the best!!!!

LowDownDawg
01-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Is that #1 for next year? Because if it is this year, well, then they have their opinion. I would take AD from Palestine, or Ramonce Taylor of Beltan over TP. He will prolly get lots of mail from D1 schools. Not sure if he can take the pounding of D1 though. He looked like a track athlete playing football. If he has the grades, he will play D1, how much, won't know till he gets there.

District303aPastPlayer
01-23-2004, 10:42 AM
i was listening to it, but htey said they only nominated players who they have seen play this past year... so i am taking it that they havent seen everyone else who's name have been thrown out here...

Keith7
01-23-2004, 12:56 PM
District303aPastPlayer:
i was listening to it, but htey said they only nominated players who they have seen play this past year... so i am taking it that they havent seen everyone else who's name have been thrown out here...I said that when i started the topic, but i think people chose to ignore it

Keith7
01-23-2004, 01:01 PM
LowDownDawg:
Is that #1 for next year? Because if it is this year, well, then they have their opinion. I would take AD from Palestine, or Ramonce Taylor of Beltan over TP. He will prolly get lots of mail from D1 schools. Not sure if he can take the pounding of D1 though. He looked like a track athlete playing football. If he has the grades, he will play D1, how much, won't know till he gets there.Our O-Line's average weight was about 190, believe me, they were overacheivers, and if you ask Terrius himself he'll credit the line for all of his yards but in my opinion alot of Terrius's yards came from his vision and his moves, not just his speed, he has alot of natural talent and with more alittle more work he will be able to go wherever he desires.. and he got 900 yards in the playoffs, and Gainesville probobly had one of the toughest routes to the state championship, i dotn know how you would get that he couldnt take the pounding of a d-1 school

Wbulldogs
01-23-2004, 03:07 PM
congrats to purvey...he was pretty tough when we played them even though he was a little banged up..if u ask me he can go D1..that is after his senior year next year..alot of juice still left

<small>[ January 23, 2004, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Wbulldogs ]</small>

Rabbit'93
01-24-2004, 11:24 AM
what's his stats i.e. height, weight, 40?

PPHSfan
01-24-2004, 11:48 AM
T.P. probably was the best back in 3-A this past year. Adrian Peterson plays for 4-A Palestine and was by far the best back in the country last year. But to say T.P. will not be offered in his senior year would not be a safe bet. My guess is he goes D-1 next year and he will have many schools to choose from. #8 was Gainesvilles secret weapon all year long. I guess some have chose to forget that it was #8 T.P. that dismantled Forney and Burnet's secondary with several runs of 10+ yards. This kid is the real deal, and as long as he can make the grades he can play anywhere. And I HATE Gainesville.

celinaorange
01-24-2004, 09:44 PM
I have not put up very many posts over the last two years that we have been 3A, but I cannot resist on this one....I am 66 years old, played college football, coached/ principal/superintendent (only in high school, Class B,A,AA,AAAA)...I have been involved in some manner with a high school football game on Friday night during football season for 51 years...and I have seen some of what I consider the best....AND WITHOUT ANY RESERVATION OF DOUBT OR HESITATION I can say that Purvey is one of the best that I have ever seen....and there is no doubt in my mind that he can play Division I football if he wants to bad enough, and makes the grades and qualifies.... A few years back we played Mart for the AA state championship and they had a pretty good running back in Quan Cosby....and before any of you start the crap about AA versus AAA...Cosby was as good as any running back or return man that I had seen at that time in any classification....and in my humble opinion (and my opinion is the only one that I am responsible for) Purvey is just as good as Cosby, and maybe a little better.....and by the way I would like to add my congratulations to Gainesville for a great job this past season...not only to their players and coaches, but also to their superintendent Mike Rosenberg....Mr. Rosenberg is one of the main reasons that Gainesville has done as well as they have.....again all of the above is plain and simple the opinion of an old man from Celina, Texas, and proud of it.....thanks for your time.

Keith7
01-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Rabbit'93:
what's his stats i.e. height, weight, 40?6'1" 190 sub 4.5 forty.. Hes running track this year, you'll get better times then

Keith7
01-25-2004, 01:25 PM
see this isnt just a homer thread, people that hate Gainesville even agree

jason
01-25-2004, 06:23 PM
celinaorange:
I have not put up very many posts over the last two years that we have been 3A, but I cannot resist on this one....I am 66 years old, played college football, coached/ principal/superintendent (only in high school, Class B,A,AA,AAAA)...I have been involved in some manner with a high school football game on Friday night during football season for 51 years...and I have seen some of what I consider the best....AND WITHOUT ANY RESERVATION OF DOUBT OR HESITATION I can say that Purvey is one of the best that I have ever seen....and there is no doubt in my mind that he can play Division I football if he wants to bad enough, and makes the grades and qualifies.... A few years back we played Mart for the AA state championship and they had a pretty good running back in Quan Cosby....and before any of you start the crap about AA versus AAA...Cosby was as good as any running back or return man that I had seen at that time in any classification....and in my humble opinion (and my opinion is the only one that I am responsible for) Purvey is just as good as Cosby, and maybe a little better.....and by the way I would like to add my congratulations to Gainesville for a great job this past season...not only to their players and coaches, but also to their superintendent Mike Rosenberg....Mr. Rosenberg is one of the main reasons that Gainesville has done as well as they have.....again all of the above is plain and simple the opinion of an old man from Celina, Texas, and proud of it.....thanks for your time.i saw quan cosby play against celina in one of the state title games a few years ago, i guess he was a senior...he was good....had speed somewhat comparable with dabryan blantons...

<small>[ January 25, 2004, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>