PDA

View Full Version : A Kentuckian's View of Texas HS Football

Matthew328
09-26-2011, 10:48 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1270904

I think you will enjoy reading this perspective from a non-Texan.

gold_33
09-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Awesome, for these people to pick Wimberley out of all the small schools in Texas makes me proud to be a Texan. Glad we represented the state of Texas well and showed them what Texas high school football is all about!!

SHSBulldog00
09-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Great Read

Tejastrue
09-26-2011, 11:38 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1270904

I think you will enjoy reading this perspective from a non-Texan.

Thanks for posting this Matt :clap:

Tx Challenge
09-27-2011, 12:16 AM
No doubt TX HS football is the best. Have spent many Friday Nights at Wimberley, always on the visitors side:) Great stadium and atmosphere.

Living in L.A. now, I have been to several games. Both local and the "super prep schools" Local games are like going to a track meet. No intensity. The prep schools fill the huge stadiums. 10k fans at a game. Loads of talent. The fans are so passive. They clap, not cheer. Having kids play TX HS ball, I am used to not having a voice left by the end of the game.

'Necks 2013-14
09-27-2011, 07:47 AM
No doubt TX HS football is the best. Have spent many Friday Nights at Wimberley, always on the visitors side:) Great stadium and atmosphere.

Living in L.A. now, I have been to several games. Both local and the "super prep schools" Local games are like going to a track meet. No intensity. The prep schools fill the huge stadiums. 10k fans at a game. Loads of talent. The fans are so passive. They clap, not cheer. Having kids play TX HS ball, I am used to not having a voice left by the end of the game. +1 !!

poisoned10
09-27-2011, 10:26 AM
They don't know what good football is here in Kentucky.

The 2 local team here in Richmond have won a combined 4 or 5 games over the last 2 seasons.

Rabid Cougar
09-27-2011, 08:18 PM
All you have to do is watch the High School games on ESPN. Big time High Schools in other states (Florida, California) playing in stadiums that would not pass muster for most 2 A schools in Texas. My brother teaches High School in Leesburg, Virginia in what would be a large 5 A in Texas. China Spring's Cougar Stadium is 3 times the size of their stadium. There is no comparison.

orange machine
09-27-2011, 09:38 PM
I talked to a guy once who was from California and he was amazed at how big Texas HS football stadiums were. It's crazy the difference between Texas and Oklahoma football there is a very big difference.

LionFan72
09-28-2011, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the share.

The fact is true, Texas is football. My boss transferred down from Minnesota about 5 years ago and attended one of Brownwood's games couple years ago. We had a staff meeting the following Monday, which was consumed by football talk rather than business. The boss was astonished by the quality and size of the stadium, stating that most colleges fields in Yankee Land are not a nice and a lot smaller.

buckeyebob
09-28-2011, 07:03 AM
From poisoned 10

The 2 local team here in Richmond have won a combined 4 or 5 games over the last 2 seasons.

Update sig...Buckeyes 56 - Daingerfield 31...it was a good game...one defending state champ down, 2 to go....Gladewater week from Thursday

sinton66
09-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Very good article. This is pretty much what visitors should expect when they go to a Texas High School football game. I believe the man nailed it down pretty good.

hollywood
09-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Wimberley was the perfect spot this year. Great team where the school is in the middle of the Texas Hill country. It's good to be a Texan! I love this great state and all it has to offer... especially Friday night lights.

Thanks for posting, good read.

poisoned10
09-28-2011, 10:37 AM
From poisoned 10

Update sig...Buckeyes 56 - Daingerfield 31...it was a good game...one defending state champ down, 2 to go....Gladewater week from Thursday

Whoops. Thanks for reminding me!