PDA

View Full Version : NFL Kickoffs

bwdlionfan
09-26-2011, 08:10 PM
I know they moved the ball from the 30 to the 35, but did they also changed the tee? They only moved the ball up 5 yards, but it seems the kicks are going more than 5 yards deeper.

Emerson1
09-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Kickers might just be going for a longer, more on a rope kick.

bwdlionfan
09-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Kickers might just be going for a longer, more on a rope kick.

That could be it, but...I seem to remember years ago when they kicked off from the 35 and they moved it back to the 30 that the announcers on a game I was watching mentioned that the new kickoff tee was shorter than the one used previously.

Old Tiger
09-27-2011, 11:06 AM
That could be it, but...I seem to remember years ago when they kicked off from the 35 and they moved it back to the 30 that the announcers on a game I was watching mentioned that the new kickoff tee was shorter than the one used previously.Usually a good kicker could get the ball 5 yards deep on average. Really good kickers could still kick out of the back of the end zone when it was at the 30. Average kickers could kick it to goal line or 5.

With it 5 yards closer really good kickers kick out the back....good kickers are kicking 5 yards deep on average...average kickers are hitting goal line to 5 yards deep.