PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Cardinals

Bone Pile
09-26-2011, 11:15 AM
I thought Columbus was supposed to be stronger than what they have shown? I cant really say because I have not been able to watch a game for myself. After a strong showing last year they had some starters returning that should be taking control and getting some work done. I had heard rumors that there is still some discipline problems that has not been corrected. Dont know that to be fact but just hear say. Anybody have any thoughts? They do have a great set of coaches and given time they can take care of that pretty quickly.

trojandad
09-26-2011, 11:17 AM
I thought Columbus was supposed to be stronger than what they have shown? I cant really say because I have not been able to watch a game for myself. After a strong showing last year they had some starters returning that should be taking control and getting some work done. I had heard rumors that there is still some discipline problems that has not been corrected. Dont know that to be fact but just hear say. Anybody have any thoughts? They do have a great set of coaches and given time they can take care of that pretty quickly.

define the "strong showing" last year....you mean making the playoffs?

ExScoop
09-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Cards have a strong offense and really should have beaten rival Rice Consolidated-I still think they will give Smithville a good game this Friday-The Cardinal defense has been up and down- Was really surprised that Wharton scored 41 points on them last Friday

Bone Pile
09-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Yea trojan they did have a strong year last year. They beat several teams that was not supposed to be. They played with lots of heart and yea they did go 2 deep in the playoffs. So yea that is strong by all intends and purposes. We did not show very good against yall but yall did have an awfully good,well coached team. That is for sure. Wish yall luck this year too.

bigcat8
09-27-2011, 09:18 AM
columbus has lots of talent....They could be dangerous as the year progresses

trojandad
09-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Yea trojan they did have a strong year last year. They beat several teams that was not supposed to be. They played with lots of heart and yea they did go 2 deep in the playoffs. So yea that is strong by all intends and purposes. We did not show very good against yall but yall did have an awfully good,well coached team. That is for sure. Wish yall luck this year too.

thanks buddy....columbus was the one team (athens a close second) out of all our playoff opponents that i just didnt understand....it was our biggest win of the playoffs (50 pts) and if you would have asked me before they started, i would have thought maybe bridge city would have been our biggest loss.....everything i heard made me believe you guys were gonna be a tougher out...

and like i said in a different thread, when we beat athens there was little emotion in those guys by losing, they just took it and went home.(maybe txbcstr is right, maybe they were just happy to be in that game) but your team seemed truly disappointed, they really expected to win that game....i really didnt expect a 50 pt loss by you guys...

btw, do you or anyone know anything on that young man for columbus that had to be taken off the field by ambulance right near the end of that game?

Bone Pile
09-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Trojan, The guys really expected to play a lot better game than what they did. Yes they were very dissappointed. Yall are a very well coached team and each players knows how to play his position. Yall were a formidable oppanant(sp) and glad yall went as far as yall did.
Our MLB/FB is out for a minimum of 3 weeks with an ankle injury. Good player, not a game depender, but will have some good back ups to fill in.

hookandladder
09-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Cards have a strong offense and really should have beaten rival Rice Consolidated-I still think they will give Smithville a good game this Friday-The Cardinal defense has been up and down- Was really surprised that Wharton scored 41 points on them last Friday

When is the last time you have said this about your game with Smithville ( I still think they will give Smithville a good game), after what we did against Smithville last year it is amazing that they have turn things around that much. After your game Friday with Smithville depending on the outcome , will tell how far Smithville has come.

Manso/V8
09-28-2011, 03:26 PM
When is the last time you have said this about your game with Smithville ( I still think they will give Smithville a good game), after what we did against Smithville last year it is amazing that they have turn things around that much. After your game Friday with Smithville depending on the outcome , will tell how far Smithville has come.

Smithville has some good athletes coming up the ranks, so they may be a team to watch.

hookandladder
09-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Smithville has some good athletes coming up the ranks, so they may be a team to watch.

There junior class this year was pretty good in 7th,8th and freshmen years and then last year on Varsity they were horrible,that is why I am amazed they could turn it around after what they did last year. Coaches must be doing something right this year, they could make our District very interesting this year.

zebrablue2
09-28-2011, 04:22 PM
I really believe Smithville will make the playoffs this year.
If so, I will be very happy for those kids!!!

Manso/V8
09-28-2011, 07:15 PM
There junior class this year was pretty good in 7th,8th and freshmen years and then last year on Varsity they were horrible,that is why I am amazed they could turn it around after what they did last year. Coaches must be doing something right this year, they could make our District very interesting this year.

There is a big gap between freshman and Varsity football. There are exceptions, but across the board, sophomores are generally not big contributors on Varsity......there is a big difference between being 15-16 yrs old and 18-19 yrs old! I think they will see that junior class start to really contribute this year. I hope everyone is recovering well from the wildfires.

trojandad
09-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Our MLB/FB is out for a minimum of 3 weeks with an ankle injury. Good player, not a game depender, but will have some good back ups to fill in.

is he the same guy that got carried off in an ambulance in the game against us? i looked for updates on him on the chronicle and other school websites but couldnt find anything?

once again, thanks for being so gracious in defeat....you believe like me, when we beat wo-s two years ago in the playoffs, it was such a great game (and reggies last playoff game) that i wore a wo-s cap to the rest of our playoff games in respect to a team that not only lost a great football game, but that were honorable and humble winners by large amounts for the two years before that....they deserved, particularly with what happened the next year, our complete respect, and i was rooting them on in the playoffs every year after they beat us....

Bone Pile
09-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Our MLB/FB was hurt last week and out for 3 weeks minimum with an ankle injury. The young man that was hurt during the CS game was taken to the hospital. He ended up with a stinger but they were taking no chances. He is a senior this year and supposedly doing real well.
Thanks for asking.

trojandad
09-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Our MLB/FB was hurt last week and out for 3 weeks minimum with an ankle injury. The young man that was hurt during the CS game was taken to the hospital. He ended up with a stinger but they were taking no chances. He is a senior this year and supposedly doing real well.
Thanks for asking.

great news....one more i can take off my prayer list....had that young man there for almost a year now....you made my day....:clap::clap:

teetle
09-29-2011, 01:53 PM
I that bes #48 yalls bes ins a lots of troubles.He a one mans wrecking ball. He got something for everybodY and theys not gonna likes it. :eek::eek::ack!::wave: