PDA

View Full Version : All right Monahans people, I'm here for the week....

navscanmaster
09-25-2011, 10:12 PM
staying at the Comfort. Been all around town, and I have to say, not much going on here. Alco is no Walmart, and all the "fast" food joints suck at service. However, you guys have a jewel of a football stadium. I can tell Fridays in the fall are what keeps the town's head up. I have been working in the oilfields around Mentone, Pecos, and Crane, and it is just a different world out here. I want to check out the sand hills SP, but don't really know if it has anything fun to do for grown men other than photo ops. Went to the spring pool at Balmorrhea last week, too. Anything else I am missing?

95mustang
09-25-2011, 11:42 PM
I am not from Monahans but that just about sums it up. The Sandhills are something to see for sure. Not much for grown ups to do though. They have a decent golf course north of town if you play. I haven't been there in about 10 years but there used to be a good Mexican food restaraunt just north of the rail road tracks on the right hand side of the main street.

tex_male
09-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Monahans is a sleeping community where everything starts to shut down between 9-10. It is suited more for raising a family as there is not anything for single persons to do other then hang around with married family members/friends or go drink with buddies at the local bar or one of their houses. If you aren’t working with someone from here that can invite you over to their house to do things with them and their family then all you have is your hotel room, local bar or drive 30 min. to Odessa.

loboes86
09-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Depending on how far your willing to drive there's the Carlsbad Caverns about 2 1/2 hrs away, there's the Petroleum Museum in Midland, lots of different eating places in Odessa and Midland. If your here during the weekends check out Dos Amigos in Odessa, check their website they have bullrides and concerts there.