PDA

View Full Version : A Mom's prayer request (update)

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2011, 11:36 PM
For those of you so inclined, please keep my son Brandon, and one of his roommates, in your thoughts & prayers. They were playing WTAMU in Canyon tonight. We knew we weren't going to be able to make the trip, so I had planned on listening to the UIW online broadcast. Once my hubby found out we could order the video broadcast, we did that instead of just listening.

Some time during the 3rd quarter, in a goal-line stand, one of our defensive guys went down on the field. The feed was okay but good enough to tell who it was. After a couple of minutes, they cut away to commercial, but the whole time, I had this sick feeling. I kept wanting for our defense to get back on the field so I might be able to see him again. They did and got an interception on the 3rd play. We (okay they) switch out both tackles every 3 plays. So I had to wait...and wait some more.

Finally, defense got back on the field. After the 3rd play on the field, I waited for the switch. And it came...

Robby (another roommate), Brandon & Anthony all play the same position. Robby's a starter, Brandon & Anthony are both 2nd string. Robby stayed on the field and another guy (normally special teams) came in. For just a second, I realized that Robby was still out there, but really didn't wonder why, since all I was certain of was that Brandon was NOT out there.

After talking to Brandon and the head trainer, it's probable that he tore the ACL in his left knee, with possible damage to his PCL. We won't know until after they've been able to look at it better tomorrow, then MRI Monday. (For those of you who remember, he tore the ACL and damaged his MCL, right knee, in the THASBC All-Star game in 2009.)

Brandon said that Anthony probably broke his collar bone, which isn't as bad as the knee, but still painful & not a "rub some dirt on it" fix.

Anyway, if you all wouldn't mind keeping these two (and some of our others that got hurt) in your T&P, I would greatly appreciate it.

DO YOU KNOW JUST HOW FREAKING LONG 1-1/2 QUARTERS OF A COLLEGE GAME ARE WHEN YOU THINK YOUR KID IS HURT BUT CAN'T FIND OUT??????????

50 yard line fan
09-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Thoughts and prayers sent from Brownwood.

SHSBulldog00
09-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Prayers from Sweeny for your son Brandon and Anthony.

'Necks 2013-14
09-25-2011, 12:07 AM
LHP Mom has mucho "T&P from Columbia-Brazoria.

Yoe_09
09-25-2011, 12:31 AM
Prayers from Cameron.

LIONS#1
09-25-2011, 12:43 AM
Throwin up some prayers Your way!!!

LHPfactory
09-25-2011, 06:41 AM
I will be praying for Brandon

LionFan72
09-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Done-prayers on the way for Brandon, teammates, and whole family!

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 07:01 AM
Hope all turns out ok, LHPM!

zebrablue2
09-25-2011, 07:01 AM
Prayers said and sent!!!

bobcat1
09-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Deb you have my prayers. Praying for both young men too.

sinton66
09-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Prayers for you, Brandon, and the others.

1st and goal
09-25-2011, 07:50 AM
Prayers from Giddings.

Pudlugger
09-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Prayers from La Grange for Brandon and Anthony. Please get well soon.

trojandad
09-25-2011, 10:06 AM
please let us know any news....thank you for letting us know so we can pray this morning....

Roughneck93
09-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

SintonFan
09-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Prayers sent.

Dogman_1969
09-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Deb tell Brandon to hang in there and our thoughts are with him..

NastySlot
09-25-2011, 12:20 PM
thought snd prayers for Brandon, You and your family.

K-MAC Chuck
09-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Thoughts and both boys added to the Prayer List, for sure..

44INAROW
09-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Prayers from Cuero Deb.. please keep us posted.... darn those knees :(

solocam
09-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Prayer sent

Bullaholic
09-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Prayers from Bull Country for Brandon and Anthony's quick recovery from their injuries, LHPM.

Old Dog
09-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Keeping yall in our prayers

Phil C
09-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Keeping yall in our prayers

Me too for the players to have a complete recovery.

garciap77
09-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Prayers sent from Wylie!

pirate4state
09-25-2011, 07:55 PM
:( Always...thoughts & prayers from me

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Thanks everyone! All told, we had 8 players hurt last night. Some of course more serious than others, but that's a lot of kids for an away game & the travel squad. :(

I was talking to him a few minutes ago and I heard a LOUD "OWWWWWW!!! OWWWWWW!!!". I asked who that was. Apparently Anthony was taking off (or putting on) his shirt. He drove them to the cafeteria for lunch today. Brandon said he had to turn the key on & shift gears for Anthony (right collar bone). Poor guys! I told him Rob needs to take care of both of them. lol

bobcat1
09-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks everyone! All told, we had 8 players hurt last night. Some of course more serious than others, but that's a lot of kids for an away game & the travel squad. :(

I was talking to him a few minutes ago and I heard a LOUD "OWWWWWW!!! OWWWWWW!!!". I asked who that was. Apparently Anthony was taking off (or putting on) his shirt. He drove them to the cafeteria for lunch today. Brandon said he had to turn the key on & shift gears for Anthony (right collar bone). Poor guys! I told him Rob needs to take care of both of them. lolFunny story! Injuries arent though. Keep us posted Deb.

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2011, 07:57 PM
The good news: Anthony's collar bone wasn't broken, but he did separate something in his shoulder. He'll be out a couple of weeks but hopefully, with treatments, will be good as new.

The bad news: Brandon did tear his ACL. The Lateral Meniscus will have to be repaired. The Medial Meniscus "may" heal on its' own, but I'd rather not chance it. (PCL looks to be okay!) Surgery is scheduled for October 13.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts & prayers!

trojandad
09-29-2011, 08:04 PM
The good news: Anthony's collar bone wasn't broken, but he did separate something in his shoulder. He'll be out a couple of weeks but hopefully, with treatments, will be good as new.

The bad news: Brandon did tear his ACL. The Lateral Meniscus will have to be repaired. The Medial Meniscus "may" heal on its' own, but I'd rather not chance it. (PCL looks to be okay!) Surgery is scheduled for October 13.

saw this thread way back in the pile last night and almost brought it forward to ask you about them....glad you updated us....your right to repair both as long as he/she is in there.....

44INAROW
09-29-2011, 08:25 PM

Darnit Debbie.......... so sorry Brandon's season is cut short but thankful the injury is something that is "fixable" prayers for a successful surgery on the 13th. Good News for Anthony.. hope he heals quick and is back on the field ASAP!!

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2011, 04:42 PM
UPDATE:

After more than one rescheduling, they finally settled on 9:00 this morning. We are back home in LH & he's got his leg on the motion machine. They repaired his ACL with a ligament from his hamstring, put a stitch in the Medial Meniscus (very good news!) and had to shave some off the Lateral Meniscus.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts & prayers!

AP Panther Fan
10-14-2011, 04:48 PM
UPDATE:

After more than one rescheduling, they finally settled on 9:00 this morning. We are back home in LH & he's got his leg on the motion machine. They repaired his ACL with a ligament from his hamstring, put a stitch in the Medial Meniscus (very good news!) and had to shave some off the Lateral Meniscus.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts & prayers!

Glad everything went well and y'all are home. I have a feeling that Mom will be taking good care of him this weekend!:wave:

LH Panther Mom
04-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Good news! About a month ago, Brandon saw the team doctor and was released for full workouts except for contact. He saw him again today and he has been released 100%. Unfortunately, he missed playing in the Spring game Saturday night, but it's a small price to pay. :)

SHSBulldog00
04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Good news! About a month ago, Brandon saw the team doctor and was released for full workouts except for contact. He saw him again today and he has been released 100%. Unfortunately, he missed playing in the Spring game Saturday night, but it's a small price to pay. :)

That's GREAT NEWS LHPM!!!!!!! Glad to see Brandon is cleared to play again and did not sustain any life changing injuries.

bobcat1
04-17-2012, 06:33 PM
good news! About a month ago, brandon saw the team doctor and was released for full workouts except for contact. He saw him again today and he has been released 100%. Unfortunately, he missed playing in the spring game saturday night, but it's a small price to pay. :)Woohoo!! The Beast is back!

44INAROW
04-17-2012, 08:30 PM
woohoo Prayers for a safe and successful season for Brandon and UIW!!

zebrablue2
04-17-2012, 09:33 PM
woohoo Prayers for a safe and successful season for Brandon and UIW!!

:2thumbsup