PDA

View Full Version : La Grange at Bellville

ExScoop
09-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Brahmas win a close one-Leopards will play hard

trg
09-24-2011, 06:44 PM
I think Bellville will win this one. It's Homecoming for them and they are playing great.

HEMOTOXIC
09-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Brahmas continue to roll.

YTBulldogs
09-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Bellville wins here. They have their act together and hitting on all cylinders.

Roughneck93
09-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Going with Bellville as well.

Saggy Aggie
09-24-2011, 08:59 PM
LG has a pretty good defense, but not enough O to keep up with the brahmas.

Bellville takes it 24-7.

zebrablue2
09-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Coach Kates will have the Leps ready to play Friday night, but the Brahmas will get the W. I will go with the Bulls by 10!!!

gameface
09-25-2011, 07:23 AM
LG gotta play solid on both sides of the ball to earn victory. Homecoming diversion may assist LG in converting signage on home side press box: from "Welcome to the pasture of pain" to "Welcome to the pasture of complain"--full pun intended. See you bulls next week!!:)

1st and goal
09-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Wimberley by a bunch....ooops...wrong thread. :)

If Leps O can show themselves worthy, a close one. If Bellville's D can contain them, Bulls get a good win.

Pudlugger
09-25-2011, 08:30 AM
The Leps have a ways to go to be a solid contender in district. This final pre-district game with Bellville will tell a lot about how prepared they are going into a very tough schedule. They have had a week off to heal up and get prepped for a talented and tough Bellville team playing in the Pasture of Pain. It is always tough to go in there and get the win. I saw some positives from our offense against Sealy so there is reason for hope. They will definitely need to put together 48 minutes of intense error free football to beat the Brahmas. This may be a close one with the winner being the team that makes the least mistakes. Leps could surprise everyone with the upset. Go Leps!

Manso/V8
09-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Bellville/LaGrange games in all sports are usually a battle. Both teams always rise to the occaision and it seems like the kids have mutual respect for the other team. Bellville has been on rowell, and from the LaGrange posts I've read, the Leps are putting the pieces together after a disappointing start. Both coaches will have the teams well prepared, and the players will be well motivated. I expect a tough fought game, with Bellville taking the W by 10 points.

hookandladder
09-25-2011, 11:24 AM
The first half will tell the tell, if we can keep it close til the second half we should be alright. Gonna be a little short handed early on, some young players will need to step up.

Football DAD
09-25-2011, 10:07 PM
I guess will have to wait and see. LG will be in for a good game. So bring your A game.

OLE'BULL
09-26-2011, 08:10 AM
After seeing the first half of the Needville game, there is no doubt in my mind the bulls will take this one as well. I know Needville is very down this year, but everyone on both sides of the ball for the brahmas is making plays. We can score on offense or defense. And Jamal Reese can throw a beautiful ball. He hasnt done much of that this year b/c he hasnt had to. I think they aired it out against Needville just to see what he could do. After being on the road for 2 weeks, the bulls will be itching to get back to the Pasture. Along with that, it is homecoming. They will be fired up and ready to rowel in to district 6-0. Bulls by 3 tds. 28-7!!!

pancho villa
09-26-2011, 08:37 AM
La Grange by 10. I heard all the women in bellville are having a tobacco spitin contest in the parking lot before the game. The winner get a free case of Lone Star beer.

buff4ever
09-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Bellville is too much for LG in this one. And bellville sux right bullseye:)

Red Bull
09-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Bellville wins this one in workman like fashion 35-14. It will be nothing special, but Coach Rowe will have the boys ready to play on homecoming.

Snotbubbles
09-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Bellville will shut out LaGrange. Lep's "O" is down right pitiful and Bellville "D" is solid.

BB wins 28-0 at the Pasture.

buff4ever
09-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Bellville will shut out LaGrange. Lep's "O" is down right pitiful and Bellville "D" is solid.

You didn't have to be quite so brutally honest. You are going to get hook going, and then pud will talk about cylinders again, and if LG does 7 out of 9 things well then they can win this game.

All you had to say is that you think bellville wins 28-0, we didn't need the pitiful and other stuff. JK :)

Snotbubbles
09-26-2011, 06:51 PM
You didn't have to be quite so brutally honest. You are going to get hook going, and then pud will talk about cylinders again, and if LG does 7 out of 9 things well then they can win this game.

All you had to say is that you think bellville wins 28-0, we didn't need the pitiful and other stuff. JK :)

So use to that LG "O" being so productive past years. They dern sure have what appears talent and bigs on that side of the ball. Just not executing for some reason.

Bellville seems so motivated with the new coach/system. Each week they are gaining that certain something, that can make a good season great.

hookandladder
09-26-2011, 07:16 PM
So use to that LG "O" being so productive past years. They dern sure have what appears talent and bigs on that side of the ball. Just not executing for some reason.

Bellville seems so motivated with the new coach/system. Each week they are gaining that certain something, that can make a good season great.

After about 6 years of running the spread we have changed offenses to the Pro set and trying to run the ball, the change is taking more time to work. Who knows , it may never work. There is some talent on both sides of the ball, just need to limit mistakes on both sides. If we continue to just running the ball we better start blocking better, we have played some really good teams this year. This new offense is pretty hard to watch when you are use to watching our offense from years past, time will tell.

hookandladder
09-26-2011, 07:23 PM

Hard to argue about what he said about our offense, 3 out of 4 games the offense has been bad. The same could be said about your teams offense the last 2 games , you finally played a couple decent teams and last game you had 4 first downs and what a 140 total yards . If old Fitz was still there he could have added a few yards so it would not have looked so bad, if you know what I mean. Wink,Wink

Pudlugger
09-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Hubris on display here.

Pudlugger
09-26-2011, 08:53 PM

Putting the snot in the post as usual.

Pudlugger
09-26-2011, 08:54 PM

What do you get when Snotbubbles dry out after a few days? Buggers.

Manso/V8
09-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Two La Grange kids stand out in my mind from our game last year with La Grange, the receiver (Wilkerson?) and the big lineman (Chiles?).
I am thinking both kids have graduated. Are they or any other kids from last year's team playing college ball?

Pudlugger
09-26-2011, 09:04 PM

All you had to say is that you think bellville wins 28-0, we didn't need the pitiful and other stuff. JK

It is not true that Buff4Life has an unnatural love for his goats. That is a vicious rumor that must be stopped. Buff4Life is a good Goatherd with nothing but love and respect for his goats, err I mean Buffaloes.:)

Pudlugger
09-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Wilkerson is playing for Texas State Sam Houston. Childs is a senior playing mostly offensive tackle and goal line stand defense.

hookandladder
09-27-2011, 05:48 AM
Wilkerson is playing for Texas State Sam Houston. Childs is a senior playing mostly offensive tackle and goal line stand defense.

Wilkerson is at SHSU and Childs does play mostly offense however have a feeling when District starts look for him to be going both ways, Childs has a number of College offers ( Texas State,Oregon St.,Missouri,SMU, UTSA,Wake Forest and Wyoming).

pancho villa
09-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Wilkerson is at SHSU and Childs does play mostly offense however have a feeling when District starts look for him to be going both ways, Childs has a number of College offers ( Texas State,Oregon St.,Missouri,SMU, UTSA,Wake Forest and Wyoming).

Be careful H&L them Bellville women will spit Copenhagen on you when they get all drunked up on Lone Star and Pearl.

buff4ever
09-27-2011, 07:32 AM
It is not true that Buff4Life has an unnatural love for his goats. That is a vicious rumor that must be stopped. Buff4Life is a good Goatherd with nothing but love and respect for his goats, err I mean Buffaloes.:)

Pud, this was cute and all, but why you act out to buff4life like that? He hasn't done anything to you for atleast a year.:)doh

duckhunter
09-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Be careful H&L them Bellville women will spit Copenhagen on you when they get all drunked up on Lone Star and Pearl.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::clap:

pearl beer...good stuff

Manso/V8
09-27-2011, 10:16 AM

Pancho, no te preocupes! Las mujeres de Bellville siempre tragen su Copenhagen.

Lucky2Coach
09-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Bellville in a close one. 35-0

Pudlugger
09-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Pud, this was cute and all, but why you act out to buff4life like that? He hasn't done anything to you for atleast a year.:)doh

Dang nab it! I got my Buffs4-whatever mixed up.:confused: Apologies to Buff4Life. I meant Buff4ever. Nuts!

hookandladder
09-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Bellville in a close one. 35-0

Damn, you think that close.

YTBulldogs
09-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Lep's are gonna make someone pay once they get their offensive woe's figured out. Too many athletes, great size, to boot.

Is it this week? Dunno. But--someone gonna pay for their frustrations sooner rather then later IMO.

Pudlugger
09-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Okay, I've had some fun parleying with Buff4ever, but now it is time to get down to brass tacks. Bellville is 5-0 going in to this game. They beat a good 4a team that bruised and battered us in our first outing. They have a new coach and new system. So do we. We are a young team. We are shifting to a new offense. We have played 4 games and won one. Now is the time for no excuses. Either we are ready to play good football going into district or we are going to be 2-8 and out. If the Leps can muster their players to just do their individual jobs and give it their all then maybe we can win this game. These kids are what? ... 15 to 18 years old? Well they have their whole lives ahead of them. How great it would be for them to remember the day that they put it all together and beat a great team like Bellville on Homecoming? This is a splendid opportunity for some lads to rise up and be counted as special in the eyes of all who are watching. The coaches have done their jobs and the parents have been supportive. The Lep program is known for the solid community support behind the players on the field. Make some great memories and concentrate your efforts with a positive heart that will not let you lose. Go Leps...Beat the 5-0 Bellville Bulls!

Bull's-eye
09-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Bellville's defense is giving up 7.8 pts per game, but taking a closer look, that number should be even lower. Take away a Caldwell KO TD return and a very late score by Cuero, this defense is only giving up about 5 points per game. Also, another TD was a result of Bellville fumbling a kickoff deep in their own territory. La Grange has had had their problems scoring points, around 8 per game. The Leps did score 16 against Sealy, but the Tigers defense has been below average at best.

Bellville 28
La Grange 7

buff4ever
09-28-2011, 12:26 AM
I know pud does this crap just to irritate me, and yet I let it. It is like looking at a wreck, I can't not read it, and it drives me nutty.

hookandladder
09-28-2011, 05:55 AM
I know pud does this crap just to irritate me, and yet I let it. It is like looking at a wreck, I can't not read it, and it drives me nutty.

If you do not like it , just go away. I am sure no one really cares if you do or not, buff.

hookandladder
09-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Bellville's defense is giving up 7.8 pts per game, but taking a closer look, that number should be even lower. Take away a Caldwell KO TD return and a very late score by Cuero, this defense is only giving up about 5 points per game. Also, another TD was a result of Bellville fumbling a kickoff deep in their own territory. La Grange has had had their problems scoring points, around 8 per game. The Leps did score 16 against Sealy, but the Tigers defense has been below average at best.

Bellville 28
La Grange 7

Yes, Sealy's D is not very good compared to team you guy's have played, Wimberley and CL just average teams.

pancho villa
09-28-2011, 08:02 AM
I heard the homecomming court for Bellville moonlights as scarecrows.

OLE'BULL
09-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Is anyone else tired of the Sealy/Wimberley thread?!?!?! Maybe it will stop when the Bulls cross over the Mill Creek here in a few weeks and upset Sealy! :stirpot:

The Bull #40
09-28-2011, 11:30 PM
The Bulls will NOT be upset on homecoming night this Friday. The offense is much too explosive for the LG defense to handle and I'm thinking with the trouble LG is having with it's offense that they might even get shut out by the Red Storm D. The Brahmas are going to go into district 6-0 with a 35+ point win over the Leps. Coach Grady Rowe is going to keep the Brahmas looking sharp even on a distracting week as homecoming can be. I heard the Leps' change of offensive scheme is the reason they're struggling to score? Does anyone know if this is true? If so, why the change? The "Air it out" method they've used for so long seemed to be the thing that threw their opponents off IMO. To emphasize my previous statement, Bellville by 35+ depending on when the subs come in.

"Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose."

Bull's-eye
09-29-2011, 01:11 AM
All this talk about La Grange going to a new offense, Bellville has a new offense & defense. The Bulls have shown steady improvement on both sides of the ball, but I really like the way Coach Rowe has created an offense that is multi-dimensional & unselfish. I have watched this team run inside & outside, and if that wasn't working, the QB did some major damage running the ball. Bellville has a large stable of talented runners, each game seems to find a new or different star. This team probably won't have a 1000 yard rusher, but you might see several different players get between 500-800 yards. Bellville doesn't pass a lot out of the Slot-T, but when they do, they have been very successful. Last week against Needville, we watched two outstanding long passes for TD's. I have no doubt that this team could win just passing the ball. This offense has a huge arsenal of weapons, it will take a talented defense to shut all of them down.

hookandladder
09-29-2011, 06:16 AM
The Bulls will NOT be upset on homecoming night this Friday. The offense is much too explosive for the LG defense to handle and I'm thinking with the trouble LG is having with it's offense that they might even get shut out by the Red Storm D. The Brahmas are going to go into district 6-0 with a 35+ point win over the Leps. Coach Grady Rowe is going to keep the Brahmas looking sharp even on a distracting week as homecoming can be. I heard the Leps' change of offensive scheme is the reason they're struggling to score? Does anyone know if this is true? If so, why the change? The "Air it out" method they've used for so long seemed to be the thing that threw their opponents off IMO. To emphasize my previous statement, Bellville by 35+ depending on when the subs come in.

"Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose."

The change in offensive scheme is part of the problem however the biggest problem is fumbles and penalties in the red zone, I do not have the numbers however in our last 3 games we have been in position to take the lead or come within a score in the 4th quarter in each of our last 2 games. We had our chance against Sealy to be up 17-14 in the 4th quarter had we just made the catch, I know it is hard to beleive someone when you are 1-3 but we are a better team then our record shows. As I stated earlier in this tread we will be a little short handed in the first half however if we can come together as a team we can make the playoffs in our District, if we lay down game off. In our last 3 games our offense has had right at or over 300 yards in total offense, Sealy and Columbia game total yards were just about even however turnovers and penalties killed us. Been going to the Pasture of Pain for the last 16 years, I am fully aware of how difficult it is to win there. This year will mostly be the last trip there for a football game, time to move on other then maybe a return trip there for a baseball game. We are definitely not playing up to our potential however I feel if we do we are certainly capable of winning many games this year, . I hate to use the word ( If ) but that is where we are at right now. Always exciting playing at the Pasture, Looking forward to Friday. Tailgate Party starting @ 5:30.

Pudlugger
09-29-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm looking forward to this game. Bellville is a great rival and competitor going way back. We clearly are the underdog here. I'm not giving up on this team though and expect a hard fought match. La Grange is improving and this is a good time for a break out game to gain momentum going into district. Go Leps!

zebrablue2
09-30-2011, 06:14 AM
Game day! May both teams play injury free, and the best team win. GO BULLS!!!

teetle
09-30-2011, 09:19 AM
I hates to says it buts Bellville gonna wins this one. Pud , he bes my freind ands i hates to pulls against him. I not doings that. I just ams stating whats i believes to bes whats ganna happen. The truths is that Jimmie gots something for Boths Bellville and LaGrange. He that way. He gerneous to everyones.:ack!::ack!::ack!::eek:

Manso/V8
09-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Game day is here. I look for the traditional hard fought battle between these two teams. With all due respect to the Leps and their continued improvement, the Bulls win this one by 14.

BTW, the donation the La Grange folks (maybe it was their booster club?) made last year to the family of the two players (brothers) that lost everything in a house fire was much appreciated by everyone in our community and demonstrates what a class act La Grange remains.

Here is to an injury free and good, hard fought game.

hookandladder
09-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Game day is here. I look for the traditional hard fought battle between these two teams. With all due respect to the Leps and their continued improvement, the Bulls win this one by 14.

BTW, the donation the La Grange folks (maybe it was their booster club?) made last year to the family of the two players (brothers) that lost everything in a house fire was much appreciated by everyone in our community and demonstrates what a class act La Grange remains.

Here is to an injury free and good, hard fought game.

This is a great rivalry game much like our games with Giddings, I know I might get ragged about it however I feel we are capable of putting everything together and hoping tonights the night. LG by 7. Good Luck to both teams, also hope for an injury free game. I stand by my Leps.

Sportshack
09-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Okay, I've had some fun parleying with Buff4ever, but now it is time to get down to brass tacks. Bellville is 5-0 going in to this game. They beat a good 4a team that bruised and battered us in our first outing. They have a new coach and new system. So do we. We are a young team. We are shifting to a new offense. We have played 4 games and won one. Now is the time for no excuses. Either we are ready to play good football going into district or we are going to be 2-8 and out. If the Leps can muster their players to just do their individual jobs and give it their all then maybe we can win this game. These kids are what? ... 15 to 18 years old? Well they have their whole lives ahead of them. How great it would be for them to remember the day that they put it all together and beat a great team like Bellville on Homecoming? This is a splendid opportunity for some lads to rise up and be counted as special in the eyes of all who are watching. The coaches have done their jobs and the parents have been supportive. The Lep program is known for the solid community support behind the players on the field. Make some great memories and concentrate your efforts with a positive heart that will not let you lose. Go Leps...Beat the 5-0 Bellville Bulls!

Whew...a little out of breath...after reading the above post...i got so inspired that I slapped on my helmet...yanked open the door and charged down the street looking for someone to hit!!!! :wave: I think Leps might wreak havoc!!! No coach could have said it better!

Sportshack
09-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Is anyone else tired of the Sealy/Wimberley thread?!?!?! Maybe it will stop when the Bulls cross over the Mill Creek here in a few weeks and upset Sealy! :stirpot:

I just saw one more comment on Wimberley v Sealy thread and I reached for the key board...stopped and said..."nope...not a gonna do it!" It has to end sometime.

MJMbrahmas10
09-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Heard bellville got some rain this week. Anybody know the condition of the pasture?

Good luck brahmas. I will be in attendance. And will watch the bulls put their fine machine to work. Hope to see some old friends in attendance as well

I'm sure I will hear brahmamom in full affect showing her spirit in the standa

1st and goal
09-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Is this game on the net?

1st and goal
09-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Is this game on the net?

found it! Did a google for Bellville Brahma football radio and click, click, click...

http://www.audiosportsonline.net/Bellville/Bellville_Live.htm

1st and goal
09-30-2011, 08:25 PM
27-3 Bellville at the half

rancher
09-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Better go to the game it is 34-3 at half, Bellville

rancher
09-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Bellville 41 LaGrange 3 Early 3rd

rancher
09-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Bellville 48 La Grange 3 3rd.

rancher
09-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Final Bellville 48 La Grange 3

La Grange has talent, but in my observation is lacking leadership on the coaching level. I could never understand what they were trying to do on offense. They would start to move the ball and then go away from what they were having success with.

YTBulldogs
09-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Wow, nice win Bellville. You sure have something special and to be proud of over there.

Pudlugger
09-30-2011, 11:22 PM

La Grange has talent, but in my observation is lacking leadership on the coaching level. I could never understand what they were trying to do on offense. They would start to move the ball and then go away from what they were having success with.

First off my congratulations to a very fine Bellville football team. One of the best I have seen in my 18 years following LG football. No turnovers, only one 5 yard penalty for offsides on a kickoff and turned every mistake and turnover the Leps made into touchdowns. Obviously this team has superior talent and especially superior coaching. You only have to look at the 2010 Bellville team and this one to get my drift. I expect the Brahmas to go very deep in the playoffs after wining their district. Maybe even to state this year. This is just a very special team. They played a clean game and demonstrated fine sportsmanship. Their coaches could easily have had their guys run up 60+ points on the Leps tonight, but graciously pulled back and ended the carnage by taking a knee on the Lep 7 at the end. Class act all the way.

As for Rancher's observation, yes there appears to be a serious problem with the Lep program this year to be 1-4 and playing so poorly with the above average talent of this team. Ironically it was the Brahmas that had a similar problem last season and they clearly have turned things around. I only hope La Grange can do something to right the ship. I don't want to get into the unpleasant details on this forum. suffice it to say we have issues. We play Giddings next week and we have not beaten them in 8 years. I don't know if the new coaching staff appreciates the depth and import of this rivalry with Giddings. It would seem that they may have missed that with Bellville tonight.

hookandladder
09-30-2011, 11:32 PM

I have been trying to stay positive about this new offense but after tonight I would have to agree with you Rancher, if we continue with this offense we will be lucky to win one more game. This was just bad, I hope we start playing to win games and not just trying to keep games close. We went backward in every phase of the game, that is the worse part with us going into District next week. We could not even field a kickoff, no one wanted the ball. Just very disappointing.

Coach BS
09-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Caldwell is in LG's dist they will get at least one more win

Manso/V8
10-01-2011, 12:09 AM
I have been trying to stay positive about this new offense but after tonight I would have to agree with you Rancher, if we continue with this offense we will be lucky to win one more game. This was just bad, I hope we start playing to win games and not just trying to keep games close. We went backward in every phase of the game, that is the worse part with us going into District next week. We could not even field a kickoff, no one wanted the ball. Just very disappointing.

I understand your frustration, we were in the same mode last year and it is not a good feeling.
Why would La Grange chose to kick-off after winning the toss given the explosiveness the Bellville offense has shown on offense?
Sure enough, after 4 or 5 plays Bellville was up by 7. That had to take some of the enthusiasm away that the Leps had coming in
to the game. The offense seems more athletic than the defense. They need to put more speed on the defensive side.

Our boys played well and we have some good talent.
Coaching and leadership have made the biggest difference.
Coach Rowe has a lot of kids involved and contributing.
He also does an excellent job of play calling and game management.

The big question I have, how do you feel Bellville will match up against the stronger teams you have played, like Sealy and Columbia?

zebrablue2
10-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Congrats to the Bulls! Saw a W coming tonight, but not by this big of margin. 6-0-- Holy crap!!!

Pudlugger
10-01-2011, 12:31 AM
From what i have seen I think Bellville will beat them both. Bellville plays too smart. No turnovers and one penalty tonight. If they take advantage of the errors of their opponents and make so few themselves they can beat Sealy and Columbia(both excellent teams in their own right just not as disciplined as Bellville). Bellville is the best team the Leps have played thus far.

rancher
10-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Pud I know what your are going through. You read my post the last two years on how I felt about our lack of leadership in Bellville. Thank goodness Supt. Coker made the move and had the insight to hire Coach Rowe, Bellville plays better football now that under Huey. They play smart and disp. LaGrange is like Bellville talent and a ship without a captain. Best of luck in getting the ship straight. I have faith that the fans will let the admin. know something is not right. Too much talent being wasted.

hookandladder
10-01-2011, 07:34 AM
I understand your frustration, we were in the same mode last year and it is not a good feeling.
Why would La Grange chose to kick-off after winning the toss given the explosiveness the Bellville offense has shown on offense?
Sure enough, after 4 or 5 plays Bellville was up by 7. That had to take some of the enthusiasm away that the Leps had coming in
to the game. The offense seems more athletic than the defense. They need to put more speed on the defensive side.

Our boys played well and we have some good talent.
Coaching and leadership have made the biggest difference.
Coach Rowe has a lot of kids involved and contributing.
He also does an excellent job of play calling and game management.

The big question I have, how do you feel Bellville will match up against the stronger teams you have played, like Sealy and Columbia?

Yes, this year is very similar to what you guys went thru last year, our Junior class and sophomore class are going thru the growing pains without any leadership on the field. I think your team will matchup very well with Sealy however bottom line stop Seals-Jones and you can win, that is a very tall task to do. Your team looked the best that I have seen in Bellville in many years, excellent coaching with that Bellville fire in the belly. Something we are totally lacking, no desire to win. Good Luck to you guys, I see a good run for you guys.

Pudlugger
10-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Yes, this year is very similar to what you guys went thru last year, our Junior class and sophomore class are going thru the growing pains without any leadership on the field. I think your team will matchup very well with Sealy however bottom line stop Seals-Jones and you can win, that is a very tall task to do. Your team looked the best that I have seen in Bellville in many years, excellent coaching with that Bellville fire in the belly. Something we are totally lacking, no desire to win. Good Luck to you guys, I see a good run for you guys.

Leadership is a problem Hook but it is not just on the field. It is mostly on the sidelines. In 18 years I have not seen the likes of this lack of cohesion, confusion and frustration among all concerned. The two fumbles on the exchanges and failure to field the short kickoff at the opening of the second half and the inability to get a play called in resulting in a wasted time out perfectly characterize the problem. No one seems to be on the same page. Our defense is obviously demoralized. This is a culture problem. It is systemic. Then there is the discipline issues.The new motivation mottoes on the gym wall must read:

"The beatings will continue until moral improves" and
"No good deed will go unpunished". :mad:

You know what I'm referring to here. Cringe worthy.:crying:

trg
10-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Congratulations to Bellville on the W. Keep working hard!! Good luck to La Grange on the rest of your season. Always a class act. :)

87 TIGER
10-01-2011, 09:06 AM
I figured Bellville would win this one but I thought LaGrange would put up more of a fight. Dist starts friday can the leps turn it around ? I really thought with the return of a pretty good QB the leps would be tough. Pud & Hook do yall tailgate at home games like yall did in Rockdale last year? If so I'd like to see you guys again

jrhernandez7
10-01-2011, 09:29 AM
wow LG took one on the chin in this one. an now the leps are heading into district with confidence issues fore sure. Congrats to bellville an coach Rowe! I was in Jr high when he coached here in smithville an was a big part when smithville last had made the playoffs in 98. the passion he has plays threw his team an is a perfectionist . y'all got a good one bellville!

Bull's-eye
10-01-2011, 11:02 AM
You won't hear us say it, but that's closer to a "donkey stomp" than that 35-19 score in 2007. Lot of talk about having or not having talent, Bellville fans are seeing first hand what a good coach can do for your team. I heard somebody say that this team is winning because they now have talent. I disagree, a lot of the same boys (25) that are leading this team were here last year. Some of them were 2nd or 3rd string behind the 11 starters that recently graduated. Bellville only has 1 or 2 new starters from last year's freshman team & 1 starter from the JV team. Please tell me why all of a sudden they have more talent? Coach Rowe is doing amazing coaching job, not only has he installed a much better system, he is placing the boys in their correct positions. Calling plays is like playing chess, a coach must counter his opponent's moves. Last night, the LG defense had good pursuit, especially toward the motion of Bellville's offense. Coach Rowe countered that with a back side screen pass & a few reverses. There were also a few new wrinkles where the backs would start one way & then go the other way. On defense, I watched him put his boys in the right positions on almost every play. Also, noticed how he wasn't fooled by that fake punt attempt. Somebody is watching film & is very good at game planning, Bellville might want to lock this coach up for a few more years.

Pudlugger
10-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Yep it was a good ole' Donkey Stomp last night. Hats off to your coach, he has turned the Bellville program around in just one half season. Talent is the raw material of a winning high school football team. Talent alone will not insure success. To be a winner you need to be able to develop the talent and mold it into an efficient productive unit. That means good coaching. Bellville's Coach Rowe indeed deserves the game ball. The Leps have the talent but they are floundering almost like they are in a panic. This is a real problem. Next week they meet up with cross county rival Giddings, another well coached and winning team that is fired up to take it to the Leps once again. Bellville will do very well the rest of the way probably beating Sealy and moving up through the playoffs. The Leps have a gauntlet to run from here on out. Good luck to the Brahmas. Most of the folks I've talked to have great admiration for your program and high expectations.

rancher
10-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Pud you are a class person. Would love to drink a cold beer with you one day and talk high school football.

Bull's-eye
10-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Good luck to the Leps! I thought their offense has the making of a really good offense, do a better job of protecting the ball & eliminate those penalties. I noticed some of their ball carriers run a little upright, this could be part of the problem with the fumbles. The LG QB has a good arm & their line is very good at pass protection, I'm baffled that they went away from the spread offense. On defense, where's the beef? LG has plenty of size on the OL, why not play some of those boys on defense? LG did appear to lack some of the skill & break away type players, hopefully they can find another Wilkerson or two.

Pudlugger
10-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Pud you are a class person. Would love to drink a cold beer with you one day and talk high school football.

Thanks Rancher, maybe when I get off this danged diet I'm on we can do just that. Maybe two or three in fact.:)

hookandladder
10-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Good luck to the Leps! I thought their offense has the making of a really good offense, do a better job of protecting the ball & eliminate those penalties. I noticed some of their ball carriers run a little upright, this could be part of the problem with the fumbles. The LG QB has a good arm & their line is very good at pass protection, I'm baffled that they went away from the spread offense. On defense, where's the beef? LG has plenty of size on the OL, why not play some of those boys on defense? LG did appear to lack some of the skill & break away type players, hopefully they can find another Wilkerson or two.

Pretty much same questions I have been asking, if no change could be a long year.

MJMbrahmas10
10-02-2011, 12:50 AM
I just realized this week, goin to my first game this year. These brahmas are a bunch of the 2010 brahmas. This blows my mind. Couldn't be more proud of these young men. Coach Rowe really has the ability to pull something special out of these young men

trg
10-02-2011, 08:36 AM
I just realized this week, goin to my first game this year. These brahmas are a bunch of the 2010 brahmas. This blows my mind. Couldn't be more proud of these young men. Coach Rowe really has the ability to pull something special out of these young men
You are exactly right, MJM. I am so proud of these Brahmas and thankful to Coach Rowe for bringing out the very best in them. Brahmas, Keep up the hard work and keep playing with intensity and ya'll will go far.
"Expect Victory"

Bull's-eye
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM

I got a few questions:

1. Why wasn't #4 playing QB last season? He's turning out to be one of the best all-round Bellville QB's that I have seen in years.
2. Why didn't #10 (MLB) play much last season? Leading the team in tackles, very instinctive
3. Why wasn't #7 used very much last season? Very dangerous runner & receiver.

Also, wanted to comment on a few position moves. Moving #25 from FS to SS, moving #72 from OT to strong OG & #4 from defense to QB. All 3 moves have made this team a lot better.

ExScoop
10-04-2011, 12:18 AM
La Grange is 42-38-7 against Giddings according to this website
http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1542&B=1029&REC=42-38-7&S=

Lion70
10-04-2011, 02:41 AM
that website is not right . I played on the 02 henderson team and it says we went 3-1 really lol!

pancho villa
10-04-2011, 08:10 AM
I hear all the bellville women are going noodleing before the game Friday. So they can have some fried catfish and Lone Star before the game.

Johnnypaycheck
10-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I hear all the bellville women are going noodleing before the game Friday. So they can have some fried catfish and Lone Star before the game.

Mmmm....Catfish, Lone Star, and fresh copenhagen for dessert. Them women know how to do it RIGHT!

MJMbrahmas10
10-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Bulls eye #4 Jamal Reese was always the quarterback up to freshman year, but then I guess the coaching staff thought he wasn't who they wanted for qb. And as for the other ones I don't know ro much