PDA

View Full Version : How is the economy where you are at?

Paratrooper
09-24-2011, 06:37 AM
Just wondering how bad it is across the state. I know Texas is doing better than most; NC we are in general hurting out here.

Ranger Mom
09-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Economy in Midland is great...of course, we are an oilfield town too. Both my husband and I work for oil related companies, although we have both been at our jobs for 30 and 20 years respectively. Both my sons and my son-in-law work in the oil field. In fact, my oldest (25) son has risen through the ranks so fast that he now brings home more than my husband and I combined!!

The economy is so good that it's kinda rough at times to go out and eat because the wait for a table is SO long because they just can't find enough people to hire to work. At one point, a kid I know was the dishwasher at Cotton Patch and was making $12 an hour...most fast food restaurants start you off at $10 an hour.

Txbroadcaster
09-25-2011, 01:25 AM
Here in DFW all the malls are packed, all the movies are usually packed..eating places pretty packed..my wife works for OIL company as well and they are booming and cant fill positions fast enough