PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts On Chapel Hill..and Lindale

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2011, 01:39 AM
ok this was 2nd game I broadcast of CH the #1 team in state..so I wanted to share some thoughts

This was first time players like Rollins(RB/LB)...Wallace(DL) we back..Tucker(RB/LB) was also back after pulling hammy in Carthage win

Simply CH is friggin AWESOME..with them as healthy as they can be you see the full force of talent on this squad..Sir Calvin Wallace is a beast..and fun to watch play...obvious coaches wanted to limit his snaps since first game and each time he came off you could see the passion as he was pleading to get back into game..one point he tried to sneak back on( he is well over 300)..coaches caught him and pulled him back.

The run game has 3 backs who IMO could start anywhere and they use them so well..Rollins in first game back only got 9 carries, of course he had 127 yards

Kincade is getting the feel of QB, but was not asked to do to much CH threw 7 times...one of them a 56 yd on a backside post that had perfect loft...Offense is still to inconsistent and lean on big plays to bail them out, but they always get them.

The D for CH is all about speed and quickness..the LBS would be safeties on most teams..and I thought the size of Lindale would wear them down..but even without real size outside of Wallace they attacked at the point of attack..and they did not dodge blocks or try to pick which side the RB would go and jump around the block..they took them on because they knew TEAM PURSUIT on D was going to back them up...The outside LB or DE would take on the blocks to ensure the edge was sealed because he knew the inside of the D was flying down the line...I bet Grant and I saw more than 15 plays that looked like Lindale was about to break a big one just to see a backside or back of play defender pursue the ball carrier and bring him down.

those LBs in pass coverage are so important..Lindale likes to run underneath routes to pull the FS and SS in and throw over the top..problem is the Lbs ran with the slot WR on both sides..the FS and SS never even had to think about jumping those routes they just played the Post and seam routes.

the problems CH needs to overcome..to many times they get lazy and make stupid penalties..even scoring 51 points they lost another 100 yards in returns with penalties...they need to on offense prove that drive in and drive out they can move the ball...they had 38 less plays yet scored 51 points...the big plays are fun, they need to win the little plays more and more.

Now Lindale.....I never saw a team get beat 51-29 and still say they look good...They have a huge OL but they move well in space..Acy is a stud, but needs help in run game..Price started slow( he was seeing ghost defenders)..but on timing routes the ball is always where it needs to be..and he has a flair of making something out of nothing( shovel pass for a big gain when being sackes..a 30 yd TD run)
Johnson their stud WR is used perfect, they put him in slot and outwide, but they also run a bunch of same routes..underneath guys clear out space for over top guys running post, fly and seam routes...they sometimes get to cute with trick plays.

so after this game..CH is a real threat to win state IMO..got to clean up penalties and be more consistent in pass game...Lindale looks like a team that is 3-4 rounds deep could go deeper with right match ups.

on d, they are good, not great..they wore down even though CH ran 38 less plays.

Chillfan
09-24-2011, 09:11 AM
ok this was 2nd game I broadcast of CH the #1 team in state..so I wanted to share some thoughts

This was first time players like Rollins(RB/LB)...Wallace(DL) we back..Tucker(RB/LB) was also back after pulling hammy in Carthage win

Simply CH is friggin AWESOME..with them as healthy as they can be you see the full force of talent on this squad..Sir Calvin Wallace is a beast..and fun to watch play...obvious coaches wanted to limit his snaps since first game and each time he came off you could see the passion as he was pleading to get back into game..one point he tried to sneak back on( he is well over 300)..coaches caught him and pulled him back.

The run game has 3 backs who IMO could start anywhere and they use them so well..Rollins in first game back only got 9 carries, of course he had 127 yards

Kincade is getting the feel of QB, but was not asked to do to much CH threw 7 times...one of them a 56 yd on a backside post that had perfect loft...Offense is still to inconsistent and lean on big plays to bail them out, but they always get them.

The D for CH is all about speed and quickness..the LBS would be safeties on most teams..and I thought the size of Lindale would wear them down..but even without real size outside of Wallace they attacked at the point of attack..and they did not dodge blocks or try to pick which side the RB would go and jump around the block..they took them on because they knew TEAM PURSUIT on D was going to back them up...The outside LB or DE would take on the blocks to ensure the edge was sealed because he knew the inside of the D was flying down the line...I bet Grant and I saw more than 15 plays that looked like Lindale was about to break a big one just to see a backside or back of play defender pursue the ball carrier and bring him down.

those LBs in pass coverage are so important..Lindale likes to run underneath routes to pull the FS and SS in and throw over the top..problem is the Lbs ran with the slot WR on both sides..the FS and SS never even had to think about jumping those routes they just played the Post and seam routes.

the problems CH needs to overcome..to many times they get lazy and make stupid penalties..even scoring 51 points they lost another 100 yards in returns with penalties...they need to on offense prove that drive in and drive out they can move the ball...they had 38 less plays yet scored 51 points...the big plays are fun, they need to win the little plays more and more.

Now Lindale.....I never saw a team get beat 51-29 and still say they look good...They have a huge OL but they move well in space..Acy is a stud, but needs help in run game..Price started slow( he was seeing ghost defenders)..but on timing routes the ball is always where it needs to be..and he has a flair of making something out of nothing( shovel pass for a big gain when being sackes..a 30 yd TD run)
Johnson their stud WR is used perfect, they put him in slot and outwide, but they also run a bunch of same routes..underneath guys clear out space for over top guys running post, fly and seam routes...they sometimes get to cute with trick plays.

so after this game..CH is a real threat to win state IMO..got to clean up penalties and be more consistent in pass game...Lindale looks like a team that is 3-4 rounds deep could go deeper with right match ups.

on d, they are good, not great..they wore down even though CH ran 38 less plays.
Saenz should be back at the end of district and then you'll see a offense firing on all cylinders. D is improving each week.

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Saenz should be back at the end of district and then you'll see a offense firing on all cylinders. D is improving each week.

thing is..at that point do you just simply mpve Kincade back to Wr and hope sanez is not to rusty? Kincade will have then been the QB for what almost 7 full games?...and I like Kincade at QB..real fluid with his throws, knew when to run and when to step up in pocket..plus I think it forces CH to use their best assets, the trio at RB with a very solid OL

Chillfan
09-24-2011, 09:44 AM
thing is..at that point do you just simply mpve Kincade back to Wr and hope sanez is not to rusty? Kincade will have then been the QB for what almost 7 full games?...and I like Kincade at QB..real fluid with his throws, knew when to run and when to step up in pocket..plus I think it forces CH to use their best assets, the trio at RB with a very solid OL

IMO, Kincade is one of our best WR. So moving him to QB takes away a asset. You seen how they were able to spread the field against WH. Kincade said himself, I'm no QB, I want back outside. Lol. I agree he has stepped up and done great.

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2011, 10:29 AM
IMO, Kincade is one of our best WR. So moving him to QB takes away a asset. You seen how they were able to spread the field against WH. Kincade said himself, I'm no QB, I want back outside. Lol. I agree he has stepped up and done great.

Oh I agree 100%...I just would be weary if CH is rolling into the play offs with making a change come play off time..if it was a couple of weeks IMO no brainer..but 6-7 weeks....Will be an interesting issue when it is time to make a decision.

Saggy Aggie
09-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Oh I agree 100%...I just would be weary if CH is rolling into the play offs with making a change come play off time..if it was a couple of weeks IMO no brainer..but 6-7 weeks....Will be an interesting issue when it is time to make a decision. CH did this with a make shift offense and a bunch of defensive players getting their first action since scrimmages.

Everyone is starting to see why they're ranked #1.

CH last year was just plain raw and they brought back the house. Knew they were prepped for a crazy year, injuries have just slowed em down a bit.