PDA

View Full Version : I heart boobies

coach
09-23-2011, 11:05 AM
I kow most have you seen the bracelets that kids are starting to wear. We have kids wearing these at my school and the district as decided to ban them. Kids are in an uproar about this claiming that it is for breast cancer awareness. I am all for banning this because i dont think the kids are wearing for the right reason. I am all for cancer awareness, but what if girls walked around wearing I heart testicles.....

What are your thoughts? Do you agree or disagree with the ruling?

Emerson1
09-23-2011, 11:08 AM
There is a I heart balls that is the exact same design, actually saw a girl with one yesterday and I think EV has one too.

bigwood33
09-23-2011, 11:15 AM
I agree 100%. This "company" donates almost nothing to breast cancer research and awareness campaigns (less than 1% of their revenues). It is merely a money grab by someone who has successfully pulled the wool over the eyes of the gullible. If they REALLY want to support breast cancer awareness and research, they should focus their attention and efforts on the Susan G. Komen foundation.

Send_the_House
09-23-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm fairly certain I read in a TASA article that the boobies bracelets were challenged by a District, and the lawyers advised they back down and allow the kids to continue wearing. I don't think it was litigated though.

I do know that you cannot legally perceive someone else's intent on things like this.

raider red 2000
09-23-2011, 11:26 AM
we take them up and tell the kids that the money has already been spent and the donation has been made to cancer research. if they want a bracelet to wear, suppor the susan g. komen ones. our kids can also buy a "pink out" shirt from the volleyball team.

LIONS#1
09-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Ban'em!!!:1popcorn:

bigwood33
09-23-2011, 11:29 AM
we take them up and tell the kids that the money has already been spent and the donation has been made to cancer research. if they want a bracelet to wear, suppor the susan g. komen ones. our kids can also buy a "pink out" shirt from the volleyball team.
Perfect!

Emerson1
09-23-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm fairly certain I read in a TASA article that the boobies bracelets were challenged by a District, and the lawyers advised they back down and allow the kids to continue wearing. I don't think it was litigated though.

I do know that you cannot legally perceive someone else's intent on things like this.
I don't see how. Districts have the right to enforce a dress code.

ccmom
09-23-2011, 11:41 AM
I kow most have you seen the bracelets that kids are starting to wear. We have kids wearing these at my school and the district as decided to ban them. Kids are in an uproar about this claiming that it is for breast cancer awareness. I am all for banning this because i dont think the kids are wearing for the right reason. I am all for cancer awareness, but what if girls walked around wearing I heart testicles.....

What are your thoughts? Do you agree or disagree with the ruling?

I completely agree with the decision and don't care for those bracelets at all.

Matthew328
09-23-2011, 11:42 AM
I see bumper stickers too....lol

trojandad
09-23-2011, 11:47 AM

one can legally perceive anything that one has the desire, the backbone, and a better legal team than the district you referred to.....lol

Saggy Aggie
09-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Lol @ I heart balls

Send_the_House
09-23-2011, 11:50 AM
I don't see how. Districts have the right to enforce a dress code.

But they don't have a right to infringe upon civil liberties. However, they do have the right to prevent classroom disruption, and that would have to be the basis for a district's argument. Litigation is expensive.

I'm not advocating either way.

Cam
09-23-2011, 11:53 AM
I see bumper stickers too....lol

I don't care for the bracelets either.....and speakin' of bumper stickers....our secretary pulled a fast one on me awhile back. She put a bumper sticker on my car that read, "I suffer from erectile dysfunction"......that sticker road with me for 3 days all over Austin & Burnet...and I thought people were just looking & smilin' at me cause they thought I was good lookin'!!!........:ack!:

baseballcoach13
09-23-2011, 12:59 PM
I have two students who are wearing a I heart balls, and one that says I heart Testes.
One of those students posses what they are professing to 'heart'

JustAFan
09-23-2011, 01:09 PM
But they don't have a right to infringe upon civil liberties. However, they do have the right to prevent classroom disruption, and that would have to be the basis for a district's argument.

This is not 100% correct, but is how most people think of it. The district also can enforce the "beliefs of the community". This is how long hair and/or earrings for boys are able to be banned in many districts' dress codes. Neither will necessarily cause a classroom disruption, but might be agains the common beliefs of the district (when the dress code was written). Same thing with dress codes that require all students to tuck in their shirts or wear belts!

NastySlot
09-23-2011, 01:43 PM
But they don't have a right to infringe upon civil liberties. However, they do have the right to prevent classroom disruption, and that would have to be the basis for a district's argument. Litigation is expensive.

I'm not advocating either way.

and this is why a district would just come out and ban all rubber/plastic bracelets. It's always someone's liberties are infringed on and then rules are made so nothing is allowed at all for anyone.

lostaussie
09-23-2011, 01:51 PM
I agree 100%. This "company" donates almost nothing to breast cancer research and awareness campaigns (less than 1% of their revenues). It is merely a money grab by someone who has successfully pulled the wool over the eyes of the gullible. If they REALLY want to support breast cancer awareness and research, they should focus their attention and efforts on the Susan G. Komen foundation.yea...........what he said

SHSBulldog00
09-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Saw a girl in Sweeny last week at the football game wearing an I heart boobies belt.

Thought it was strange til I was told about this

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9827/3adlpic.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/3adlpic.jpg/)

DavidWooderson
09-23-2011, 02:47 PM
I think it's great getting awareness out there, but there is also pink rubber bracelets you can wear to show it instead of "I <3 Boobies". They also have them in carolina blue for testicle cancer. And of course there's the yellow livestrong bracelet that goes for all cancer research.

bobcat1
09-23-2011, 03:01 PM
There is a I heart balls that is the exact same design, actually saw a girl with one yesterday and I think EV has one too.Awesomeness:clap::clap::clap:

WildTexan972
09-23-2011, 09:07 PM
I agree 100%. This "company" donates almost nothing to breast cancer research and awareness campaigns (less than 1% of their revenues). It is merely a money grab by someone who has successfully pulled the wool over the eyes of the gullible. If they REALLY want to support breast cancer awareness and research, they should focus their attention and efforts on the Susan G. Komen foundation.

that is BS....Komen is all about making the money but they donate less than 25% of ALL the money they earn to cancer research....they WANT breast cancer to continue so they can keep making (and mostly keeping) huge sums of money and claiming they are about a cure....a cure would cost the woman that runs that deal over $800,000 a year - her husband is VERY rich so why she "needs" that money each year instead of letting it go to research proves she has no interest in a cure - just the cash that the publicity brings along....