PDA

View Full Version : My boy is gonna be OK...

Cam
09-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Many full moons ago, I requested ya'lls prayers for my boy who we were told might have HCM. A serious heart condition which recently has killed athletes out on the field. Some of ya'll asked me to keep you posted. Well, after going thru a battery of 6 tests (including an echocardiogram), after all this time we finally got the radiologists reports in the mail. He is just fine! He never seemed too worried about it (like we were). Like he told us, "if it didn't kill me during last season, it's not gonna kill me now!" Anyways, thank you all Downlow!
On the same subject: My wife scheduled herself and I for the same tests and we all went in together. It was a good deal guess you could say. My wife's tests were good to go with everything normal....but me, I'm hosed!!!...LOL.......out of the 6 tests, 3 of mine were abnormal....so, I had to haul my fine ass over to my cardiologist for a followup. This dude looked at all my results, checked me out, looked at me, and said, "ain't nothin' wrong with you, go live your life!"....he does want me to do a stress test within' 6 months....so, I'm not gonna worry about the test results that showed a slight hardening in some artery in my chest, the slight blockage in one artery in my neck, the lower blood flow in main artery in my left leg, and the horrendous looking W-shaped vein running down my penis that turns into an "I" during arousal!!:ack!:
Basically, doc said this kinda stuff is pretty normal as you get older...and all my results were considered mildly abnormal....anyways, I could'nt help but think of a friend from Dallas who many years ago told me, "man, dudes like you and me, we were put on this earth to suffer, but we're both gonna live to be old old men!".....for some reason, I never forgot that.......anyways, I'm good folks!

which reminds me of a medical joke: (mighta told it already)
So this dude goes to the doctor to get a prostrate exam, after the ol' finger test, the doctor started putting another latex glove on his "other" hand.....so the patient nervously asked, "hey doc, what are you doing now?"......doctor said, "just routine son, I'm just gettin' a second opinion!".....hehehe.........:):ack!::eek:

trojandad
09-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Many full moons ago, I requested ya'lls prayers for my boy who we were told might have HCM. A serious heart condition which recently has killed athletes out on the field. Some of ya'll asked me to keep you posted. Well, after going thru a battery of 6 tests (including an echocardiogram), after all this time we finally got the radiologists reports in the mail. He is just fine! He never seemed too worried about it (like we were). Like he told us, "if it didn't kill me during last season, it's not gonna kill me now!" Anyways, thank you all Downlow!
On the same subject: My wife scheduled herself and I for the same tests and we all went in together. It was a good deal guess you could say. My wife's tests were good to go with everything normal....but me, I'm hosed!!!...LOL.......out of the 6 tests, 3 of mine were abnormal....so, I had to haul my fine ass over to my cardiologist for a followup. This dude looked at all my results, checked me out, looked at me, and said, "ain't nothin' wrong with you, go live your life!"....he does want me to do a stress test within' 6 months....so, I'm not gonna worry about the test results that showed a slight hardening in some artery in my chest, the slight blockage in one artery in my neck, the lower blood flow in main artery in my left leg, and the horrendous looking W-shaped vein running down my penis that turns into an "I" during arousal!!:ack!:
Basically, doc said this kinda stuff is pretty normal as you get older...and all my results were considered mildly abnormal....anyways, I could'nt help but think of a friend from Dallas who many years ago told me, "man, dudes like you and me, we were put on this earth to suffer, but we're both gonna live to be old old men!".....for some reason, I never forgot that.......anyways, I'm good folks!

which reminds me of a medical joke: (mighta told it already)
So this dude goes to the doctor to get a prostrate exam, after the ol' finger test, the doctor started putting another latex glove on his "other" hand.....so the patient nervously asked, "hey doc, what are you doing now?"......doctor said, "just routine son, I'm just gettin' a second opinion!".....hehehe.........:):ack!::eek:

well im doubly thankful....first and foremost for blessing your son and family.....but also for giving everyone a visual that will help them get rid of the nasty afterthought of a naked trojandad in the shower.....:crying:

Phil C
09-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Good news indeed!

bobcat1
09-22-2011, 05:19 PM
WooHoo! That's awesome!

BLEEDZGREEN
09-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Good to hear Cam!!

'Necks 2013-14
09-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Cam that is some awesome news indeed!! Glad to hear all is well.

44INAROW
09-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Great news Cam!!!! :)

RoyceTTU
09-23-2011, 09:15 AM
So that blue pill still works for you. That's great :clap:

Old Dog
09-23-2011, 12:27 PM
If an old fat fart like me can ace a stess test, I'd bet you will sail right thru with flying colors!

greendawg84
09-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Man glad that VR is ok .

Now on to you , TMI ON THE PRIVATE PARTS !

And what old dog said goes for me , surely a skinny feller like you could fly thru those stress test!

Cam
09-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Man glad that VR is ok .

Now on to you , TMI ON THE PRIVATE PARTS !

And what old dog said goes for me , surely a skinny feller like you could fly thru those stress test!

yeah,,i should've left that private part comment off this thread.....i just never grew up!!
skinny feller...why thank you!!!...at 200 lbs I'll take that as a compliment...I'm lookin' good ain't I Greendawg???...come on, admit it!!,....lol......wish I was only 175....man, with all these vain comments I make, I hope ya'll ain't takin' me serious!!...........I'm really a very humble fella......:inlove:

Sportshack
09-23-2011, 02:53 PM
yeah,,i should've left that private part comment off this thread.....i just never grew up!!
skinny feller...why thank you!!!...at 200 lbs I'll take that as a compliment...I'm lookin' good ain't I Greendawg???...come on, admit it!!,....lol......wish I was only 175....man, with all these vain comments I make, I hope ya'll ain't takin' me serious!!...........I'm really a very humble fella......:inlove:

hey it is the VEIN comments that were disconcerting!!LOL :) Congrats on news about kid.

Cam
09-23-2011, 03:34 PM
hey it is the VEIN comments that were disconcerting!!LOL :) Congrats on news about kid.

now that Sportshack.....is funny!!!

Ranger Mom
09-23-2011, 06:10 PM

It WAS very "vein"....he said it turns into an "I" at that time......it's always "me me me" with those "vein" people!!:hand:

Cam
09-26-2011, 09:02 AM
It WAS very "vein"....he said it turns into an "I" at that time......it's always "me me me" with those "vein" people!!:hand:

well....what I mean't was a lower case "i", not a big ol' CAPITAL "I" !!!.......:)