PDA

View Full Version : Officially at war with my neighbor!

Cam
09-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Ok, paybacks are hell.....but I need some help here.......now, I've been thrown out of a golf cart before...(courtesy of my brother-in-law who noticed I was leaning forward and not hangin' on to anything as we were bookin' it down the fairway....a quick left turn sent me tumblin' and my brother-in-law cryin' with laughter!!)....But I've never been hit by one!..until yesterday that is.....as I was turning into my neighborhood, my neighbor comes roarin' out of his driveway (in his golf cart) and slams right into the side of my car! He was too busy lookin' at his sprinkler system he saids......so now, it's on with the Cam!
Any suggestions on paybacks would be greatly appreciated........:twitch:

garciap77
09-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Ok, paybacks are hell.....but I need some help here.......now, I've been thrown out of a golf cart before...(courtesy of my brother-in-law who noticed I was leaning forward and not hangin' on to anything as we were bookin' it down the fairway....a quick left turn sent me tumblin' and my brother-in-law cryin' with laughter!!)....But I've never been hit by one!..until yesterday that is.....as I was turning into my neighborhood, my neighbor comes roarin' out of his driveway (in his golf cart) and slams right into the side of my car! He was too busy lookin' at his sprinkler system he saids......so now, it's on with the Cam!

Don't do it!:D

Saggy Aggie
09-22-2011, 12:18 PM
you could always tear down your own fence. That'll show him.

Cam
09-22-2011, 12:30 PM
you could always tear down your own fence. That'll show him.

....and have a BBQ??

RoyceTTU
09-22-2011, 12:45 PM
you could always tear down your own fence. That'll show him.I see what you did there. :-)Possibly the greatest troll thread ever!

Saggy Aggie
09-22-2011, 12:47 PM
....and have a BBQ??

Sounds like you missed one of the better threads in recent memory. Baseball ump posted a link to a thread on texags that you need to find.

Old Tiger
09-22-2011, 12:47 PM
napalm

44INAROW
09-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Sounds like you missed one of the better threads in recent memory. Baseball ump posted a link to a thread on texags that you need to find.
I need to go find that thread............ now, you'll didn't ask for an insurance view - but you're gonna get one lol...... There is alot of GRAY AREA involved with golf carts and LIABILITY ISSUES.. Say for instance, Cam was personally injured when the neighbor hit him with the golf cart while Cam was WALKING - hhmmm gray area - the standard homeowners policy (which almost doesn't exist since most companies have their own language) EXCLUDES liability involving a MOTOR VEHICLE.. so, is the golf cart a motor vehicle? hhmmm? now of course, if Cam was in a car, CAM'S auto policy would provide some medical (assuming he has Med Pay or PIP on his auto policy) and then the carrier would subrogate against the neighbor. BUT - say for instance, the neighbor "runs over" or hits Cam while on the GOLF COURSE - The language of the Texas HO Policy states that "as long as the cart is being used for it's INTENDED PURPOSE, there is liability coverage. Where the gray area comes in, what if a guy buys the cart, strictly to get around his subdivision, not golfing at all. That is HIS INTENDED PURPOSE.. Golf Carts cause insurance agents alot of stress :) If the cart is stolen from a cart shed, it should be covered as a 10% of personal property off-premises. I have had several of those claims lately. Had one burn up the summer too! Thats all of my unsolicited insurance talk for the day :)

SintonFan
09-22-2011, 01:26 PM

I need to go find that thread............ now, you'll didn't ask for an insurance view - but you're gonna get one lol...... There is alot of GRAY AREA involved with golf carts and LIABILITY ISSUES.. Say for instance, Cam was personally injured when the neighbor hit him with the golf cart while Cam was WALKING - hhmmm gray area - the standard homeowners policy (which almost doesn't exist since most companies have their own language) EXCLUDES liability involving a MOTOR VEHICLE.. so, is the golf cart a motor vehicle? hhmmm? now of course, if Cam was in a car, CAM'S auto policy would provide some medical (assuming he has Med Pay or PIP on his auto policy) and then the carrier would subrogate against the neighbor. BUT - say for instance, the neighbor "runs over" or hits Cam while on the GOLF COURSE - The language of the Texas HO Policy states that "as long as the cart is being used for it's INTENDED PURPOSE, there is liability coverage. Where the gray area comes in, what if a guy buys the cart, strictly to get around his subdivision, not golfing at all. That is HIS INTENDED PURPOSE.. Golf Carts cause insurance agents alot of stress :) If the cart is stolen from a cart shed, it should be covered as a 10% of personal property off-premises. I have had several of those claims lately. Had one burn up the summer too! Thats all of my unsolicited insurance talk for the day :)

Read your neighbor FoFos response. That'll do, that'll do...

j/k fofo...:D

greendawg84
09-22-2011, 01:46 PM
I can tell ya but not on here !

44INAROW
09-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Read your neighbor FoFos response. That'll do, that'll do...

j/k fofo...:D

LOL SF :) I have been working like crazy and took a well deserved 20 min downlow break and this thread intrigued me.. figured if I wrote about insurance, it was OK to goof off :cheerl:

OldNavy
09-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Sow some turnip seeds in his yard so that it spells out "Love thy Neighbor". That will fix him.

44INAROW
09-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Have your kids start raising Skunks as their 4H project :cheerl:

Cam
09-22-2011, 02:29 PM

Dang 44.....you're just a wealth of information!.....never mind my neighbor...is there anything I can do to my brother-in-law (legally that is) for throwin' me off that cart? After all, my neck & my big toe still hurt from that tumble...course, it was years ago...any statue of limitations here? I know I know, you're gonna tell me to talk to a lawyer........:)

trojandad
09-22-2011, 02:35 PM
a neighbor needed putting in his place once so i borrowed a theodolite from a surveying friend, waited until my neighbor was out and visible and acted like i was reshooting our boundaries....didnt have one clue what i was doing, but when he walked up i made up some line about getting word that many local boundary lines were found to be off and i wanted my share of land when it was refiled at the courthouse....

for about the next year, anytime i drove by the courthouse id see his caddy out front, and calling the county clerk would find out he was waiting to see if i had refiled or contested my survey....i cost him at least $5g in resurveying costs as well as i dont know how many hours of worry watchin me walk in the courthouse doors....that one was a good one.....:clap:

44INAROW
09-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Dang 44.....you're just a wealth of information!.....never mind my neighbor...is there anything I can do to my brother-in-law (legally that is) for throwin' me off that cart? After all, my neck & my big toe still hurt from that tumble...course, it was years ago...any statue of limitations here? I know I know, you're gonna tell me to talk to a lawyer........:)

well, actually, if it WAS within the 2 years limitations period - you could file a liability claim against him, since the cart was being used for it's INTENDED USE lol........ of course, they are going to question you and ask how many beers you had :wave:

Cam
09-22-2011, 03:02 PM
a neighbor needed putting in his place once so i borrowed a theodolite from a surveying friend, waited until my neighbor was out and visible and acted like i was reshooting our boundaries....didnt have one clue what i was doing, but when he walked up i made up some line about getting word that many local boundary lines were found to be off and i wanted my share of land when it was refiled at the courthouse....

for about the next year, anytime i drove by the courthouse id see his caddy out front, and calling the county clerk would find out he was waiting to see if i had refiled or contested my survey....i cost him at least $5g in resurveying costs as well as i dont know how many hours of worry watchin me walk in the courthouse doors....that one was a good one.....:clap:

crap!!...don't nobody make Trojandad mad!.....he don't mess round!:eek:...........and what a nice friend to lend you such an expensive piece of equipment!

1st and goal
09-22-2011, 03:15 PM
You could get your hands on a bunch of dallis grass seed and throw it in his yard...Or bermuda seed if he has St. Augustine....

trojandad
09-22-2011, 03:32 PM
crap!!...don't nobody make Trojandad mad!.....he don't mess round!:eek:...........and what a nice friend to lend you such an expensive piece of equipment!

hey, you said you wanted to get him back....

the same neighbor received a note on his door one day, saying a field crew from a local wildcat crew was looking to buy local properties at a minimum of 10 times their apprased values for the purpose of drilling for newly discovered oil deposits in this immediate area....this note was very legible except for the phone number at the bottom, which was smudged out with a water stain...he came over after arriving home in a rush asking if i received the same note and when i said no, i acted disappointed i hadnt received the same....you could tell each time he looked at the letter as he was walking away he was trying to use his superman vision to see the smudged number, and you knew he was thinking that this water smudge was costing him the equivalent of a lottery return....

over the next few weeks i received calls from neighbors asking me if i knew anything about this offer, and the ones that were as preturbed at him as i was got told about the letters origin, and would laugh their butts off...that poor guy talked for years about turning down their generous offer and that they only made him the offer as the deposit was only under his ppty (obviously never heard of lateral drilling)....it was good for laughs for years.....

buckeyebob
09-23-2011, 06:17 AM
I find Round-Up used under the moonlight sky on his front yard after consuming vast quantities of adult beverage can be fun...you can get creative.

Super_R
09-23-2011, 09:15 AM
How bout the flaming bag of dog fodder.