PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Fans - Ouch!!!

garciap77
09-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Reskins' Hall say he will target Romo's fractured rib!!!:eek::eek::eek:

By Joseph White

Associated Press

ASHBURN, Va. — Tony Romo has a fractured rib. DeAngelo Hall sees it as a bull’s eye.

The Washington Redskins cornerback said Wednesday he’s hoping the Dallas Cowboys quarterback plays when the NFC East rivals meet Monday night — if only for the chance to inflict more damage.

“Absolutely. I want to get a chance to put my helmet on whatever’s hurt,” Hall said. “Romo’s ribs — I’m going to be asking for some corner blitzes. If I know Felix Jones’ shoulder’s hurt, I’m not going to cut him. I’m definitely going to try to hit him up high, so that’s just part of it.

“If you know something’s wrong with an opponent, you’re going to try to target in on that. We’re going to try to definitely get as many hats on that team as possible.”

Romo sufered a fractured rib and punctured lung at San Francisco on Sunday, but he returned to the game to lead an overtime win.

turbostud
09-22-2011, 12:08 PM
reminds me of the Bounty Bowl in 1989 when the Eagles put a hit on former Eagles and then Cowboys kicker Luis Zendejas.

99IHSMustang
09-22-2011, 12:13 PM
that is unsportmanslike, but then again Pro football players don't have to show sportmanship because they get paid the big bucks... :doh:

Roughneck93
09-22-2011, 12:18 PM
reminds me of the Bounty Bowl in 1989 when the Eagles put a hit on former Eagles and then Cowboys kicker Luis Zendejas. That's what came to mind when I read about this yesterday.

garciap77
09-22-2011, 12:22 PM
I think he should sit this one out.

Farmersfan
09-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Nothing new about this except it was talked about. You can be assured that every player on every team knows every injury on their upcoming opponents. Just because this guys discusses it in the media doesn't mean it's going to be tougher on Romo. In fact I hope they do concentrate on trying to go for Romo because that will mean they aren't concentrating on defending like they should. Corner blitzes are a good QB's best friend......................

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Romo is getting a kevlar rib jacket..I dont know why but that just sounds so cool

Roughneck93
09-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Romo is getting a kevlar rib jacket..I dont know why but that just sounds so coolApparently it's the same stuff that Vick had made for him last year. And he swears by it. Matter of fact, Vick is having the same company add kevlar to his helmet. Witten got fitted for a kevlar vest as well.

Old LB
09-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Romo is getting a kevlar rib jacket..I dont know why but that just sounds so cool

It may be the same jackets you see all the bullriders wearing these days to protect their vital organs. Jacket or not sore ribs are no fun. I have never really been a Romo fan but he earned some respect from me last week.

pirate4state
09-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Romo was on Inside the NFL last night and #1 - looked to be in a lot of pain and #2 was still in good spirits. He might just win me over if he can quit screwing up ;) :D