PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Luck

TheDOCTORdre
09-20-2011, 05:15 PM
If the Colts end up with the worst record in football this year, do they take him?

Tin Cup
09-20-2011, 05:19 PM
If the Colts end up with the worst record in football this year, do they take him?

I would

icu812
09-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Yes. I'm normally not a fan of taking qb's high in the draft (see J.Russell,R.Leaf,H.Shuler,etc...). However, he looks legit to me.

Roughneck93
09-20-2011, 05:33 PM
I believe they would.

Emerson1
09-20-2011, 05:34 PM
I would. He is pretty smart and won't fail himself on stupid decisions like Leaf and Russell did.

MoveInDad
09-20-2011, 06:02 PM
I would. He is pretty smart and won't fail himself on stupid decisions like Leaf and Russell did.
In my opinion, he will prove to be the most NFL ready quarterback to ever enter the draft... and yes I'm extremely biased, having watched him play through high school. He isn't just pretty smart, he's extremely intelligent, both on and off the field, humble and extremely hard working. It won't surprise me if he gets the Heisman this year, even though most of his stats will be bettered by other QB's... he won't have more yards or completions, or even the highest rating for instance, but he is the poster child for the student athlete, and his overall body of work on a team that went 1-11 the year before he arrived, and is so far 23-5, and currently owns the longest winning streak in FBS with him under center, will be taken into account.

Sweetwater Red
09-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Tough call. Peyton isn't getting an younger and who knows how signifcant his injury is. But, if it isn't serious then he probably has three or four good years left at the least.

Phil C
09-20-2011, 08:24 PM
I also would take him. Most experts from years past said if you had a good QB available you take him no matter what.

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2011, 09:15 PM
tough call..do u draft for down the road..or do u package a trade and get multiple picks that could help u now...Manning IMO always seemed like one who will play until he just cant go anymore..football is his life

of course 3rd option..Mannning has a stipulation in new contract if he does not play this year the Colts can get out of the contract..u trade Manning and fo forward

carter08
09-20-2011, 09:48 PM
you take luck

let's get real here, peyton is pretty much done at this point
he maybe has 2 years left tops at a semi-high level
and if he stays around after that he won't be helping this team

colts need to get younger
at qb and really at every position

team is built to fail right now at this rate probably

Old Tiger
09-21-2011, 10:32 AM
In my opinion, he will prove to be the most NFL ready quarterback to ever enter the draft... and yes I'm extremely biased, having watched him play through high school. He isn't just pretty smart, he's extremely intelligent, both on and off the field, humble and extremely hard working. It won't surprise me if he gets the Heisman this year, even though most of his stats will be bettered by other QB's... he won't have more yards or completions, or even the highest rating for instance, but he is the poster child for the student athlete, and his overall body of work on a team that went 1-11 the year before he arrived, and is so far 23-5, and currently owns the longest winning streak in FBS with him under center, will be taken into account.Since he was a RS Freshmen they had him as a mid to late first round pick.

gpjohn
09-21-2011, 10:38 AM
I think any team that does not seriuosly consider taking Luck 1st overall would need to have their head examined. My guess is the Cowboys wind up with him, either by losing their way to the 1st pick, or trading for it. Romo ain't the man!

hollywood
09-21-2011, 10:59 AM
I think any team that does not seriuosly consider taking Luck 1st overall would need to have their head examined. My guess is the Cowboys wind up with him, either by losing their way to the 1st pick, or trading for it. Romo ain't the man!
+1, Thank you!

coach
09-21-2011, 11:02 AM

uhhh no lol...ill put my salary on that

also this morning on mike and mike they were talking that peyton might be done for good....if so that would be tragic....they also said he has other careers lined up like acting or even coaching....i personally think he will one day be one of the best oc's in the game

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2011, 11:47 AM

also this morning on mike and mike they were talking that peyton might be done for good....if so that would be tragic....they also said he has other careers lined up like acting or even coaching....i personally think he will one day be one of the best oc's in the game

I dont know coach..u know the old saying..great player do not make great coaches because they dont understand players with less ability..I think that is Manning..I dont see him having the patience to deal with players who cant see the game like he does.

Larry Bird who WAS succesful as a coach even said that is why he got out of coaching

LIONS#1
09-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Luck tore it up at Stratford...I think over 7,000 yards passing. Good pic for a team needing a QB!!

Old Tiger
09-21-2011, 11:54 AM
I dont know coach..u know the old saying..great player do not make great coaches because they dont understand players with less ability..I think that is Manning..I dont see him having the patience to deal with players who cant see the game like he does.

Larry Bird who WAS succesful as a coach even said that is why he got out of coachingManning has pretty much been the OC at Indy anyway.

TheDOCTORdre
09-21-2011, 05:27 PM

Interesting;y enough Manning has said that when it comes to coaching, that when he is not on the field, he can not see it as clearly as he does when he is on the field, so maybe coaching isn't in his future.

coach
09-21-2011, 09:29 PM

Larry Bird who WAS succesful as a coach even said that is why he got out of coaching

i thought of that quote as i was typing lol..you might be right but peyton sees things differently that most and i think he would be a good oc one day if he has the paitence...if not he needs to go into acting. this guy is hilarious

Pendragon13
09-21-2011, 10:27 PM
I think if the Colts end up with the worst record in the league they have problems that go beyond the QB position. Do you ignore that and go for an unknown that will command top dollar? I mean lets face it...there is no such thing as a "sure thing" when it comes to stud college QB's making it in the NFL.