PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado Vs. Bridgeport

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-19-2011, 08:41 PM
How do you think Alvarado will do against Bridgeport? Prosper was tough on Bridgeport last Friday.

R1Editor
09-20-2011, 07:15 AM
im not sure what happened to Bridgeport last week. If Prosper was that much better or if they just had a great gameplan against them. But I wouldnt overlook them. They can score on any play and with several players.

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-20-2011, 11:03 AM
I agree... What I think is that the rain was the great equalizer! Prosper was good in the rain... It was miserable there. Tough footing. Alvarado won't overlook them I promise you that.. I met some realy nice Bridgeport fans there.

slpybear the bullfan
09-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Glad to hear you met some nice Bridgeport fans there, COBRA. We will have to keep you away from Bullaholic! ;)

Looking forward to this one. When the Bulls drove down to Alvarado and got beat it was a tough loss. Hopefully we can avenge that this week!

Matthew328
09-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Alvarado rolls...

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Good luck this friday night bullfan... Its looking like Alvarado may be the real deal this year.. We will see.. Its all a game of matchups and preparation.

5wide
09-20-2011, 09:33 PM
i think the bulls put up more a fight this week but still loses..

eagles31
09-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Alvarado pulls away in the 2nd half 42-20

rholl
09-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Is Matt gonna make the 20 mile drive down 35 outta E bloc this year to catch a little 3a ball????LOL

Bullaholic
09-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Bulls go into this one a pretty good underdog. When the Bull "O" is clicking, they can stay with anybody, but Alvarado is pretty stout on both sides of the ball. I hope the Bulls can play their best game of the year and get the win, but head says Alvarado by 21. Go Bulls!

Bosqueville
09-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Indians by 21.

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Is Matt gonna make the 20 mile drive down 35 outta E bloc this year to catch a little 3a ball????LOL

Only on Thursday night to watch JV. The game is up in Bridgeport this year. ;)

firstdown
09-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Sorry Bridgeport, Alvarado by 21

BullsFan
09-22-2011, 08:57 AM
I'm going to say Bridgeport wins by a nose.

But there's a slight possibility I may be biased.

BullBoy
09-22-2011, 09:10 AM
We're pretty heavy underdogs in this one, as much as I want the Bulls to win it I think Alvarado will get more stops and we'll have a hard time getting them off the field. I'm not worried though, I know Bport will give Alvarado a test and we'll play alot better than last week. It's always good to play against tough quality opponents in non district, gets your team battle tested for the games that count, sure you'll take your "lickins" but come distrtict you'll be the ones putting a beatdown on the ones that had cupcake schedules.

Alvarado by 14

GO BULLS

GIVE EM ALL THEY CAN HANDLE AND THEN SOME!

:cheerl:

garciap77
09-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Bridgeport by 21!:cheerl:

partimefan
09-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Alvarado spoils homecoming.

Indians 35
Bulls 24

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Tough Homecoming indeed.. Alvarado had 549 total offense... 280 yds rushing by our main tailback #7 Wayne Onderdonk and 117 by my son, #8 Lee Hardy. Was kind of scared when Bridgeport scored on their first play of the game.. But there is 4 quarters and we were the better team that night.. Good luck next week.. We have a tough one too.

BullsFan
09-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Your son did well, but your Onderdonk was pretty well a one man wrecking machine. I got awfully tired of hearing his name, and was a little bit happy when he tired out towards the end. Man can he do some damage.

slpybear the bullfan
09-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Yeah, it seems everytime I watched him run, he would go for plenty, contact was made, and there he was sliding forward out of the pile for another 2-3 yards.

Good club, hope you guys have great luck the rest of the year.

Bullaholic
09-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Onderdonk is a very good running back with good speed and great strength after contact and stamina. Cobrafootball's son, #8, gashed the Bulls pretty good on several runs, also. The Alvarado "O" line was plenty big and solid and moved the Bulls all night. The Bulls just couldn't keep the Indians from marching down the field nearly every possession and were killed time and time again by cutback running plays. The Bull "O" showed some "flashes" but never really put enough together to challenge Alvarado on the scoreboard. Too many hurried and dropped passes--especially on first downs. Best of luck to Alvarado---they will be in the hunt again this season.

IndianFan2012
09-27-2011, 08:21 PM
What's the full story on the fights that were started?

slpybear the bullfan
09-28-2011, 02:46 PM
What's the full story on the fights that were started?

Man, I really don't know. It did bring up one crazy scenario I hadn't seen before.

In the third quarter a scuffle broke out and players wound up on the ground. An Alvarado player kicked the player while down (or attempted to) and yellow flags immediately came out. Double Unsportsmanlike penalties were called on Alvarado and the kicking player was ejected.

The refs go talk to both sidelines. The Alvarado HC is upset and bends the ear of the ref that was talking with him. After the refs restart the clock and teams are huddling... the ejected player goes back on the field to the Def Huddle. The Head referee sees that and kills the play clock, and ejects the player again.

I thought that would have been another penalty?

Now for my disclaimer; none of this is meant to be a dig at Alvarado... it was a typical hot blooded game with a couple of shoving scuffles. Looks like one kid just made a bad decision in the heat of the game. I only bring it up because I was curious at how the ref handled the ejected player returning to the field. Never seen that before.

Anywho, big kudos again to Alvarado, hope you guys make some noise in the playoffs!

IndianFan2012
09-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Man, I really don't know. It did bring up one crazy scenario I hadn't seen before.

In the third quarter a scuffle broke out and players wound up on the ground. An Alvarado player kicked the player while down (or attempted to) and yellow flags immediately came out. Double Unsportsmanlike penalties were called on Alvarado and the kicking player was ejected.

The refs go talk to both sidelines. The Alvarado HC is upset and bends the ear of the ref that was talking with him. After the refs restart the clock and teams are huddling... the ejected player goes back on the field to the Def Huddle. The Head referee sees that and kills the play clock, and ejects the player again.

I thought that would have been another penalty?

Now for my disclaimer; none of this is meant to be a dig at Alvarado... it was a typical hot blooded game with a couple of shoving scuffles. Looks like one kid just made a bad decision in the heat of the game. I only bring it up because I was curious at how the ref handled the ejected player returning to the field. Never seen that before.

Anywho, big kudos again to Alvarado, hope you guys make some noise in the playoffs!

I heard some noise come from both sides... Our entire school had some nasty rumors going around about BP trying to hurt some of our players, but rumors are rumors, huh. I saw some ridiculous hits and horse collars come from BP that weren't called either. I also saw some Bulls playing around with Bates's towels....

Oh well, it was a great game and you helped us get ready for those great passing teams that we'll see later in the season. I don't mean to take any shots at BP. Good luck in the second half of your season!

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Number 2 (Bates) came to the bench thinking he was ejected.. He went back in and number 11 (McNiel) left along with number 56 (Gentry). They were our starting safety and Inside LB. U just didnt notice the numbers on them... we did have 2 players ejected..

ahs_indian_fan
09-29-2011, 08:07 AM
The referee ejected two players, but the refs could not agree on who to throw out - that is why Alvarado's coach was so mad. That is also why there was confusion and why No. 11 went back on the field. If you remember, No. 2 also initially went off the field but came back on for the same reason.

The refs did a pretty poor job in maintaining control of the action and it led to some ridiculous actions by both sides.

LeonJr
09-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Leon's going with the Bulls!! Bulls by 3 vs Graham

Matthew328
09-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Umm Leon, the game was last week.....lol
Alvarado won 39-20

LeonJr
09-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Leon knows

slpybear the bullfan
09-29-2011, 11:14 AM
The referee ejected two players, but the refs could not agree on who to throw out - that is why Alvarado's coach was so mad. That is also why there was confusion and why No. 11 went back on the field. If you remember, No. 2 also initially went off the field but came back on for the same reason.

The refs did a pretty poor job in maintaining control of the action and it led to some ridiculous actions by both sides.

Cobra, Indian Fan... thanks for the explanation. That makes more sense. I did know the number of the player involved but was gonna refrain from posting as I don't feel like that's good coming from a Bridgeport poster.