PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Garrett Gilbert possible transfer...for you UT fans.....

Cam
09-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Heard he may transfer to either Cal, Princeton, and I forgot the other school.....

Phil C
09-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Heard he may transfer to either Cal, Princeton, and I forgot the other school.....

If UT joins the Pac 12 then I am not sure they would approve the transfer to Cal but I am sure he will be able to go elsewhere. He gave it his best shot and I wish him the best except where it adversely affects UT of course.

Emerson1
09-19-2011, 01:42 PM
I saw this on Shaggy Bevo. I guess he is pretty smart if those are his choices. Should go go princeton if he wants a chance at starting right away. Don't think he would have a chance at Cal.

buff4ever
09-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Hope this works for him, I think from his Lake Travis days we should all know he is an incredible qb in the right system. UT staff mentally destroyed him, then didn't build a supporting cast that fit his style.

He is a better athlete in his position than Brock Fitzhenry, but I still think that Texas politically takes athletes around Central Texas to stop them from going elsewhere, then doesn't mold to them. They obviously wanted Gilbert to workout, but they didn't help him any with supporting cast. They have good athletes, but not the receiving type to sit in pocket and throw to like Gilbert was use to.

waterboy
09-19-2011, 02:00 PM
That would probably be the best thing for him because I don't think his skill set fits what the UT offense does. He probably needs a fresh start at a school with more of a pro-style offense. He's had his chance at UT and it didn't work out, in my opinion. No doubt he has the skills to be successful, and I wish him the best wherever he does end up.

Emerson1
09-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Hope this works for him, I think from his Lake Travis days we should all know he is an incredible qb in the right system. UT staff mentally destroyed him, then didn't build a supporting cast that fit his style.

He is a better athlete in his position than Brock Fitzhenry, but I still think that Texas politically takes athletes around Central Texas to stop them from going elsewhere, then doesn't mold to them. They obviously wanted Gilbert to workout, but they didn't help him any with supporting cast. They have good athletes, but not the receiving type to sit in pocket and throw to like Gilbert was use to.
The entire team sucking last year didn't do him any favors, but he was part of the problem. He mentally destroyed himself, his dad even admitted that GG reads the message boards. Greg Davis was a big problem, but Garret had the entire spring and fall to revitalize himself under a new, exciting system and he didn't.

Lack of receiving talent didn't cause him to throw 18 interceptions. I really wanted him to work out and thought he would after an off season in a competent system, but he failed this year and he has only himself to blame this time.

Daddy D 11
09-19-2011, 02:22 PM
this^

Phil C
09-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Coach Brown tells his players not to read the message boards which is probably good advice.

Cam
09-19-2011, 02:33 PM
I saw this on Shaggy Bevo. I guess he is pretty smart if those are his choices. Should go go princeton if he wants a chance at starting right away. Don't think he would have a chance at Cal.

Didn't his daddy go to Princeton?

coach
09-19-2011, 02:36 PM
If UT joins the Pac 12 then I am not sure they would approve the transfer to Cal but I am sure he will be able to go elsewhere. He gave it his best shot and I wish him the best except where it adversely affects UT of course.

hell if i was texas i would gladly let him go to cal. He would finally throw the ball to the longhorns

BaseballUmp
09-19-2011, 02:40 PM
hell if i was texas i would gladly let him go to cal. He would finally throw the ball to the longhorns

Well he had a hard time doing that. Maybe that's not the best idea

Cam
09-19-2011, 02:48 PM
The entire team sucking last year didn't do him any favors, but he was part of the problem. He mentally destroyed himself, his dad even admitted that GG reads the message boards. Greg Davis was a big problem, but Garret had the entire spring and fall to revitalize himself under a new, exciting system and he didn't.

Lack of receiving talent didn't cause him to throw 18 interceptions. I really wanted him to work out and thought he would after an off season in a competent system, but he failed this year and he has only himself to blame this time.

Man, don't even get me started on G. Davis! I could tell you stories about that moron! When my nephew was there (as a scout team QB during the VY era), Davis gave him hell for no apparent reasons....my nephew did everything that was asked of him. Always felt Davis didn't like him and was never comfortable around him. Other day he told me he wishes he would've transfered somewhere he could've been given a chance to compete. Walk-ons at UT aren't given the time of day..but it's like that at most big programs....I tried to tell the boy to take one of the scholarship offers he had to go elsewhere but NOBODY ever listens to CAM!!! lol......:) well....at least he's got a national championship ring....nice one too!.....all I have to show is a gradumacating ring....and it's ugly.......which reminds me...what's the price of gold these days????

Daddy D 11
09-19-2011, 02:57 PM
cool story

Cam
09-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Coach Brown tells his players not to read the message boards which is probably good advice.

and for high school players, especially this message board!!!.....why, the way we squabble about our teams, you'd think we were the ones in uniform!!!lol...but it sure is fun ain't it??.......