PDA

View Full Version : NFL QB rankings thru week 2

Txbroadcaster
09-19-2011, 11:43 AM
With one game left..who is your top 5 thru 2 weeks?

1. Brady
2.Rodgers
3. Romo
4. Franklin
5. Stafford

Farmersfan
09-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Brady
Rogers
Stafford
Newton (amazing what he has done with the least amount of talent)
Fitzpatrick

I'm not real sure who Franklin is? Apparently neither is the NFL..........

Txbroadcaster
09-19-2011, 12:05 PM
my bad meant Fitzpatrick lol always try to call him Fanklin for some reason

Old Tiger
09-19-2011, 12:28 PM
1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Matthew Stafford
5. Tony Romo

RoyceTTU
09-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Payton Manning

Now he is not there, it's easy to see how good he is :clap::stirpot:

Roughneck93
09-19-2011, 01:11 PM
1. Tom Brady2. Aaron Rodgers3. Drew Brees4. Matthew Stafford5. Tony Romo:iagree:

sTxforlife
09-19-2011, 02:16 PM
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Newton
T5. Romo, Stafford

carter08
09-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Payton Manning

Now he is not there, it's easy to see how good he is :clap::stirpot:

but real talk
if the colts ever make the playoffs again after peyton comes back
then imo he deserves to win the mvp every season that happens
after seeing the team this season be terrible

coach
09-21-2011, 09:03 AM
i dont agrre with the new qb rating system...how does romo have a better rating than brady?

also, i know ff was talking if's the other day and saying if romo threw an int instead of the fumble his qb rating would be lower, well what if holly scores instead of gettingtackled at the 1.....and witten scores in week 1...i wonder what romos rating would be then....

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2011, 09:06 AM
i dont agrre with the new qb rating system...how does romo have a better rating than brady?

also, i know ff was talking if's the other day and saying if romo threw an int instead of the fumble his qb rating would be lower, well what if holly scores instead of gettingtackled at the 1.....and witten scores in week 1...i wonder what romos rating would be then....

actually the new rating does use QB fumbles as part of the equation

Reason Romo is higher than Brady is the new rating weighs when a QB does something..a 3rd down throw in 4th Q of a tie game will have more importance than a 3rd down throw in 3rd Q of 28-0 game

Old Tiger
09-21-2011, 10:13 AM
3rd Down Conversions

Patriots
15 made 24 attempts 62.5% 3rd down percentage

Cowboys
10 made 26 attempts 38.5% 3rd down percentage

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2011, 10:27 AM
3rd Down Conversions

Patriots
15 made 24 attempts 62.5% 3rd down percentage

Cowboys
10 made 26 attempts 38.5% 3rd down percentage\

again the new system(which i am still on the fence about) heavily weighs WHEN it happened, what was the score..Romo in week 2 by those ratings converted more important chances

for the season Brady is #1..Romo #4..for week #2 Romo was 1 because again it was a comeback win

coach
09-21-2011, 11:03 AM
i still go by the old system when debating or just curious to see how good a qb is doing

Farmersfan
09-21-2011, 11:59 AM
i still go by the old system when debating or just curious to see how good a qb is doing

The new system has it's flaws for sure but I don't think anyone can debate that the old system is not way more flawed. In the old system a QB throws a 1 yard pass to the RB who then runs through 8 broken tackles and goes 70 yards for a TD counts exactly the same as a QB who rolls out of trouble, breaks 2 tackles of his own and throws the ball 70 yards for a TD. Two completely different players who were responsible for the play but they both count on the QB rating exactly the same. At least in the new system they do try to account for YAC, throws under pressure vs. no pressure, Success when way ahead in score vs success when way behind and a lot of other intangibles that should really be considered. BTW: the new system also accounts for dropped balls by the receivers.....

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2011, 12:01 PM
The new system has it's flaws for sure but I don't think anyone can debate that the old system is not way more flawed. In the old system a QB throws a 1 yard pass to the RB who then runs through 8 broken tackles and goes 70 yards for a TD counts exactly the same as a QB who rolls out of trouble, breaks 2 tackles of his own and throws the ball 70 yards for a TD. Two completely different players who were responsible for the play but they both count on the QB rating exactly the same. At least in the new system they do try to account for YAC, throws under pressure vs. no pressure, Success when way ahead in score vs success when way behind and a lot of other intangibles that should really be considered. BTW: the new system also accounts for dropped balls by the receivers.....

there will never be a perfect rating..like you said this new one balances alot of different things the old one does not..good and bad

Farmersfan
09-21-2011, 12:03 PM

The one thing I dislike about the new system is that it requires a human to assign a weight to each play. If human opinion is introduced into the equation there will be some biases and mistakes made. But still better than the other system. IMHO

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2011, 12:05 PM
The one thing I dislike about the new system is that it requires a human to assign a weight to each play. If human opinion is introduced into the equation there will be some biases and mistakes made. But still better than the other system. IMHO

agree 100%

a QB makes a play in 3rd Q..say his team is up 28-14 and he converts a 3rd down that turns into a 35-14 5 plays later..someone might see it as important( which it was)..and another might not because it was a 2 score game already

Farmersfan
09-21-2011, 12:06 PM
there will never be a perfect rating..like you said this new one balances alot of different things the old one does not..good and bad

I agree! And if I'm not mistaken the new system also accounts for things like location of pass and such. If the receiver has to jump and make a circus catch the QB doesn't get near as much credit as he would if the pass is right on the money and easy for the receiver to catch. It will be interesting to see how things work out in the future. So far this season Romo is performing very well according to both systems..........