PDA

View Full Version : Wylie vs Lovejoy

TexasFight
09-19-2011, 11:11 AM
This matchup has lost some of its luster due to the performance of the these two teams. Anyone know how Lovejoy stacks up?

nobogey72
09-19-2011, 11:48 AM
All I know is this:

1. We don't have to drive the 200+ miles this year.

2. They do

slingshot
09-19-2011, 01:32 PM
All I know is this:

1. We don't have to drive the 200+ miles this year.

2. They doYeah!!! Wylie by 14...

Pendragon13
09-19-2011, 01:33 PM
I don't know who Lovejoy has lost games to, but Wylie only lost to two very good 4A teams with bigger, (in some cases enormous) stronger, faster players and a deep benches. Even our 09 state finalist team would have had a lot of trouble with Stephenville and Waco..

slingshot
09-19-2011, 02:13 PM
I don't know who Lovejoy has lost games to, but Wylie only lost to two very good 4A teams with bigger, (in some cases enormous) stronger, faster players and a deep benches. Even our 09 state finalist team would have had a lot of trouble with Stephenville and Waco..Stephenville with Edwards would have beaten our '09 team... and prob any team we've had (as well as any 3A team I've ever seen--'09 Gilmer included).

nobogey72
09-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Stephenville with Edwards would have beaten our '09 team... and prob any team we've had (as well as any 3A team I've ever seen--'09 Gilmer included).

Wait a minute. Are you saying that the 09 Gilmer team was better than the 2010 Brownwood team? Or, did I read that wrong. Surely you weren't saying that last years B'Wood team couldn't beat this year's S'Ville team.

LIONS#1
09-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Wait a minute. Are you saying that the 09 Gilmer team was better than the 2010 Brownwood team? Or, did I read that wrong. Surely you weren't saying that last years B'Wood team couldn't beat this year's S'Ville team.

Heaven Forbid!!!:1popcorn:

Leopard4Life
09-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Lovejoy lost to Argyle and Paris (both ranked). They beat Frisco (4A), who were 2-0 going into the lLovejoy game, in a shoot out 64-62. Lovejoy were down 16-10 half way through the 3rd against Argyle before they imploded and got blown out. They made a second half comeback against Paris and were down 7 and driving before committing their 4th turnover of the game, I don't remember Paris having any turnovers. Paris scored with about 1:30 left in the game to seal the deal. The 14 point win by Paris was a lot closer than the score board reflected. I'll be keeping an eye on the Celina - Paris game.

This is an in-experienced Lovejoy squad, however they are making improvements every week. It will be interesting if the bye week will help or hurt them. They have A LOT of key players out with injury's (some for the season). The week off could be good to get some kids back on the field, however it's not good for a in-experienced team to take a week off. Should be a great game Friday. I have no interest in the 200+ mile drive to Abeline, I'll be listening on Sportsgram.net.

slingshot
09-19-2011, 06:37 PM
...This is an in-experienced Lovejoy squad, however they are making improvements every week. It will be interesting if the bye week will help or hurt them. They have A LOT of key players out with injury's (some for the season). The week off could be good to get some kids back on the field, however it's not good for a in-experienced team to take a week off. Should be a great game Friday. I have no interest in the 200+ mile drive to Abeline, I'll be listening on Sportsgram.net.The bye will help--wish we had one! I hear you about the injuries... we have several starters out, some for the season, some will be back for district. Our O-line has been decimated... as one of the starting linemen that is out told me "doesn't matter how good our skill players are if they don't have time to do anything... ".

injuredinmelee
09-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Lovejoy by as many as they want.

Bosqueville
09-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Lovejoy by as many as they want.

Ouch...

garciap77
09-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Wylie by 21!

Texasfootball2
09-19-2011, 08:12 PM

Well that 2010 Brownwood team did pound Stephenville 49-17 ( who was ranked in the 4A top 10 ) last year. And YES, Edwards was the RB for 3 quaters of that game. Just saying :wave:

garciap77
09-19-2011, 08:16 PM
I don't know who Lovejoy has lost games to, but Wylie only lost to two very good 4A teams with bigger, (in some cases enormous) stronger, faster players and a deep benches. Even our 09 state finalist team would have had a lot of trouble with Stephenville and Waco..

Our 2000 team would have beat them! And our 2000 team would have beat Brownwood too!:wave:

Pendragon13
09-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Lovejoy by as many as they want.And this is based on what exactly? Both have losses to very good teams, and both have key players sidelined..

Leopard4Life
09-20-2011, 07:49 PM
The bye will help--wish we had one! I hear you about the injuries... we have several starters out, some for the season, some will be back for district. Our O-line has been decimated... as one of the starting linemen that is out told me "doesn't matter how good our skill players are if they don't have time to do anything... ".

Since I don't want this thread to die, and not matter what thread I read it somehow finds a way to motion either Brownwood or Celina, I'm going to give this thing a bump by making a prediction.

If Wylie's O-line is hurting, and that wasn't just bait from Slingshot, and Lovejoy has been suffering from giving up the big play and turnovers then this could go one of several ways. First way is a defensive battle with a low scoring game; Lovejoy will hold Wylie because of an ailing o-line and then turn the ball right back over. Second way is Lovejoy "D" dominating the line and spending a lot of time in the Wylie backfield which could end up in a blow out for Lovejoy. Third way is "Slingshot" playing opossum about the O-line and Wylie having a solid "O", with Lovejoy giving away big points and not gaining much against a stout Wylie "D", which would equal a Wylie Blowout. Or the final way is a 2009 match up that could go back and forth down to the wire. The final way is total dependent on the official’s calling a two-way game this time, as compared to 09 when the UIL was kind of enough to provide Wylie with 13 players on the field, two of which were wearing stripes.

My prediction is Lovejoy 24, Wylie 21 (yes, I'm a homer. Hence the Leopard4Life username)

IF wylie wins I will come back and humbly eat my crow pie...

(P.S. the IF was capitalized on purpose, and the wylie was lower case on purpose also)

Go LEOPARDS!!!

injuredinmelee
09-20-2011, 08:39 PM
And this is based on what exactly? Both have losses to very good teams, and both have key players sidelined..
play at the line of scrimmage. I will leave it at that.

injuredinmelee
09-20-2011, 08:39 PM
None of them would of beaten the 01 Everman team.

ccmom
09-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Leopard4life...that was a good post...right up until the point you started whining about officials from a game 2 years ago that was played on a neutral field. It was a great game, by the way.

Leopard4Life
09-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Leopard4life...that was a good post...right up until the point you started whining about officials from a game 2 years ago that was played on a neutral field. It was a great game, by the way.

I've been dying to throw that last part in for a long time now. In all honesty, it was the worst officiated game I have ever seen, either as a player or fan. Too bad they don't keep stats on refs. Two of the ref's never made a call in Lovejoy's favor, and the complete lack of non-calls on the holding and blocking in the back on the last drive couldn't have been scripted in Hollywood. Even your own local news camera's cut off the fumble that Lovejoy recovered and then the ref denied LJ the ball. I've seen some pretty decent film of the fumble and while the film doesn't have the perfect angle there was little doubt that it was a fumble recovery. If I wouldn't have seen how bad the officiating was in person I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me. It was a long drive home, especially with the feeling that the kids were cheated. I don't hold anything against Wylie; your kids played their hearts out. I agree that the field was neutral, and I know from watching that the officiating wasn't. Lovejoy had a couple thousand fans that agreed with me about the officiating. I remember leaving and walking out past a little girl that was crying (she had a brother on the team). She was crying because the mean men weren't fair and wanted to know why someone didn't tell a teacher on them. I’m sure she overheard the adults, however from our vantage point it was obvious from the 1st quarter on and it only got worse in the 4th. That was our first year with a Senior Class, this is only our third. With a constant influx of new family’s I don’t see how we won’t be 4A at the next re-alignment. So unless Wylie moves up, which somehow they always seem to squeak in to 3A, and unless we meet in the playoff's this will be the last match up that matters. Wyllie can look on the bright side if Lovejoy moves up, ya'll had a pretty good volleyball team last year and if you continue you will have a good shot at the 3A championship. That is after the Lady Leopards go 4A. Also ya'll could get the 3A Lonestar cup back, keep an eye on Argyle though, I think they want that trophy pretty bad.

I will completely agree that it was a great game and add that both teams belonged there.

Go Leopards!!!

slingshot
09-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Cry me a river... good grief. I was at that game--on the sideline with an up-close view. On ya'lls last scoring drive (you know, the one you thought you won the game with--kids all massed on the sideline, ready rush the field, players celebrating wildly--thinking they had won the game, absolutely classless student section with the megaphones ... you remember) I could not believe the non-calls. I remember the blatant holds by your linemen ON EVERY PLAY of the drive, the clip right in front of the ref on the scoring play that wasn't called. Goes both ways. Good thing ya'll will go 4A--then maybe your girls can win a BB championship :wave: .

bigcountry
09-20-2011, 10:56 PM
I've been dying to throw that last part in for a long time now. In all honesty, it was the worst officiated game I have ever seen, either as a player or fan. Too bad they don't keep stats on refs. Two of the ref's never made a call in Lovejoy's favor, and the complete lack of non-calls on the holding and blocking in the back on the last drive couldn't have been scripted in Hollywood. Even your own local news camera's cut off the fumble that Lovejoy recovered and then the ref denied LJ the ball. I've seen some pretty decent film of the fumble and while the film doesn't have the perfect angle there was little doubt that it was a fumble recovery. If I wouldn't have seen how bad the officiating was in person I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me. It was a long drive home, especially with the feeling that the kids were cheated. I don't hold anything against Wylie; your kids played their hearts out. I agree that the field was neutral, and I know from watching that the officiating wasn't. Lovejoy had a couple thousand fans that agreed with me about the officiating. I remember leaving and walking out past a little girl that was crying (she had a brother on the team). She was crying because the mean men weren't fair and wanted to know why someone didn't tell a teacher on them. I’m sure she overheard the adults, however from our vantage point it was obvious from the 1st quarter on and it only got worse in the 4th. That was our first year with a Senior Class, this is only our third. With a constant influx of new family’s I don’t see how we won’t be 4A at the next re-alignment. So unless Wylie moves up, which somehow they always seem to squeak in to 3A, and unless we meet in the playoff's this will be the last match up that matters. Wyllie can look on the bright side if Lovejoy moves up, ya'll had a pretty good volleyball team last year and if you continue you will have a good shot at the 3A championship. That is after the Lady Leopards go 4A. Also ya'll could get the 3A Lonestar cup back, keep an eye on Argyle though, I think they want that trophy pretty bad.

I will completely agree that it was a great game and add that both teams belonged there.

Go Leopards!!!
Are you serious Leopard "cry baby" 4 life? Give me a break!! As an unbiased spectator that drove up from Austin to watch this "classic" game, I thought the referees did an excellent job of letting two great teams go at it for 4 quarters. Don't take away from a great game TWO YEARS LATER with your cry baby, heartbroken story. Take it like a man, just like Wylie had to the previous year on a close call in double overtime versus Prosper. And you know what Wylie did about it instead of crying a river? They worked their butts off and made it to the championship game the very next year.

Man, that was too good a game to blame the outcome on the refs! Get real. How about stopping somebody in the last seconds with the game on the line. I guess next your going to say Preston crossed the line of scrimmage & Nasser really trapped the ball on the TD with 6 seconds left?!! GEEZ! Take your licks, and move on instead of taking from what was a classic semi-final game between two great teams!!

Leopard4Life
09-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Cry me a river... good grief. I was at that game--on the sideline with an up-close view. On ya'lls last scoring drive (you know, the one you thought you won the game with--kids all massed on the sideline, ready rush the field, players celebrating wildly--thinking they had won the game, absolutely classless student section with the megaphones ... you remember) I could not believe the non-calls. I remember the blatant holds by your linemen ON EVERY PLAY of the drive, the clip right in front of the ref on the scoring play that wasn't called. Goes both ways. Good thing ya'll will go 4A--then maybe your girls can win a BB championship :wave: .

Now this thread is moving. If you thought the Megaphones wear classless you obviously didn't pay attention to Wylie’s milk jugs with what I assume were BB's, now those were classy. I guess it's all perspective, and the clip was between the tackles. Your O-lineman's back field tackle preventing a QB sack was way outside the hash marks. Our noseguard was tackled at one of the blind referee's feet so he just turned his head. I was trying not to talk smack at first, but it was dying thread so I wanted to keep the comments coming. I still stick by my statement that it was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. I have no complaints about the officiating last year in Lovejoy’s loss to Henderson. There were some bad calls and some no calls, but it appeared to go both ways. Who knows maybe the Henderson fans saw it differently.

I was complaining about the referee's not the player’s, it is the ref's job to make the call. And if I was crying as you put it, weren’t you crying back about our last drive.

Your girls BB team was great, Peyton Little is the real deal.

I'm also serious about your volleyball team, they looked really good last year and you have a great young program. We have at least one volleyball player that no one in 3A, or possible the country, can touch and ya'll have a girls bb player that no one, in 3A at a minimum, can touch. Barring any injury’s our volleyball team should go deeper in the playoffs and your girls bb should go deeper.

I spent 6 months out in Abilene in 96' and I have no idea where Wylie is, but based off everything I've seen and read you have a great program. Good luck Friday night, it looks like decent weather for football…

Go Leopards!!!

Leopard4Life
09-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Never said a thing about the crossing the line or trapping the ball. It is strange that you are unbiased but 2 years later you can name the two WYLIE players who connected for the winning score. What year did you graduate (from Wylie)?

I know I didn't remember their names until you used them here. If you learned to read you would see where I wrote that it was a great game and both teams deserved to be there. I was giving Slingshot some grief to keep the thread moving. I also got Slingshot to fess up that he watched the game from the sideline so it makes me believe his post about the o-line might be a little less than truthful. It's amazing what people will write/say when they get mad.

Now I have to re-think my 24-21 score...

Go Leopards!!!

bigcountry
09-21-2011, 12:09 AM
Now this thread is moving. If you thought the Megaphones wear classless you obviously didn't pay attention to Wylie’s milk jugs with what I assume were BB's, now those were classy. I guess it's all perspective, and the clip was between the tackles. Your O-lineman's back field tackle preventing a QB sack was way outside the hash marks. Our noseguard was tackled at one of the blind referee's feet so he just turned his head. I was trying not to talk smack at first, but it was dying thread so I wanted to keep the comments coming. I still stick by my statement that it was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. I have no complaints about the officiating last year in Lovejoy’s loss to Henderson. There were some bad calls and some no calls, but it appeared to go both ways. Who knows maybe the Henderson fans saw it differently.

I was complaining about the referee's not the player’s, it is the ref's job to make the call. And if I was crying as you put it, weren’t you crying back about our last drive.

Your girls BB team was great, Peyton Little is the real deal.

I'm also serious about your volleyball team, they looked really good last year and you have a great young program. We have at least one volleyball player that no one in 3A, or possible the country, can touch and ya'll have a girls bb player that no one, in 3A at a minimum, can touch. Barring any injury’s our volleyball team should go deeper in the playoffs and your girls bb should go deeper.

I spent 6 months out in Abilene in 96' and I have no idea where Wylie is, but based off everything I've seen and read you have a great program. Good luck Friday night, it looks like decent weather for football…

Go Leopards!!!

The bad calls went both ways in the Wylie-Lovejoy game too. Geez, let it rest...it's part of the game. Good teams overcome it, and figure out ways to win, just as Wylie did that game. Just as your team showed great heart in driving for their last score to go ahead, Wylie marched down the field with time running out, showed great poise, and scored with 6 seconds to advance. Thrilling and not easy to do. So don't take away from what the Wylie players did, with the same old childish "it's the refs fault" crap. If Lovejoy wanted to win, they should have stopped Wylie on the last drive...they didn't. It was the kind of game that whomever had the ball last, was probably going to win....period.

Did it ever occur to you that Wylie had a dang good team that year, and that might have had a lot to do with the Lovejoy loss, not the officials? If that was the worst officiated game you have ever seen, then you either haven't been to many games, or have had HUA at most of them! Let go of the sour grapes and move on!

ccmom
09-21-2011, 06:06 AM
Leopard4life....saying that slingshot isn't credible because he was on the sidelines is the funniest thing I have read on this thread. Thanks for the early morning chuckle.

nobogey72
09-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Leopard4Life,

Since you started this by saying you wanted to get something off your chest, AND took shots at Wylie (always being 3A crap) I want to get something off my chest too (besides your wife). When we ate before that game there were several different groups of LL fans in the restraunt as well as Wylie fans. The LL fans that we tried to start conversations with were the most arrogant, condesending, prima donna pricks we had ever encountered, with a close 2nd being Decatur fans before our semi-final game with them in '04. One LL mom was heard saying, "Surely we won't get beat by a bunch of Wal Mart shoppers". Personally I do my shopping at Target, so I didn't have a clue as to that of which she spoke. Notice I didn't dangle a preposition like most Wal Mart shoppers. At any rate, take that for what it's worth and just know this: I'll take our team of Wal Mart shoppers any day over your team of vodka spiking prima donas any day. Have a nice week.

ccmom
09-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Nobogey...if you would quit wearing those "coaching shorts" and knee socks, people would be much less likely to discuss your shopping habits. Just saying...

garciap77
09-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Never said a thing about the crossing the line or trapping the ball. It is strange that you are unbiased but 2 years later you can name the two WYLIE players who connected for the winning score. What year did you graduate (from Wylie)?

I know I didn't remember their names until you used them here. If you learned to read you would see where I wrote that it was a great game and both teams deserved to be there. I was giving Slingshot some grief to keep the thread moving. I also got Slingshot to fess up that he watched the game from the sideline so it makes me believe his post about the o-line might be a little less than truthful. It's amazing what people will write/say when they get mad.

Now I have to re-think my 24-21 score...

Go Leopards!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/hmm.gif Ok! After re-thinking....... Wylie by 21!:evillol:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/4BXP2-1.jpg

garciap77
09-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Nobogey...if you would quit wearing those "coaching shorts" and knee socks, people would be much less likely to discuss your shopping habits. Just saying...

I thought the "knee socks" were back in style!:D

LIONS#1
09-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Our 2000 team would have beat them! And our 2000 team would have beat Brownwood too!:wave:
Not gonna happen!!! Our 1960 Team could have beat your 2000 team as well as our 1965-67-69-70-78-81 and 10* team:clap::iagree::crazy::1popcorn::twitch:

garciap77
09-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Not gonna happen!!! Our 1960 Team could have beat your 2000 team as well as our 1965-67-69-70-78-81 and 10* team:clap::iagree::crazy::1popcorn::twitch:

You could have made an all-star team from you 7 championship teams, and added any players from your 2010, plus ROCKET as your waterboy, and your team would still lose against our 2000 team! http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/Wagging_pup.gif

BwdLion73
09-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Well thats not fair......our all star team would range from 48 to 72. :eek::):wave:

ccmom
09-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Well thats not fair......our all star team would range from 48 to 72. :eek::):wave:  funny post

nobogey72
09-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Where did the LL posters go? I think I may have hurt somebody's feelings. Either that or there is a huge sale on peroxide going on somewhere near Allen.

regaleagle
09-21-2011, 03:43 PM
So are you saying it's in bad taste to be wearing our Argyle socks to the Argyle games, huh?? Geez, I thought it was a good-luck charm that was stylish.
I thought the "knee socks" were back in style!:D

ccmom
09-21-2011, 04:04 PM
So are you saying it's in bad taste to be wearing our Argyle socks to the Argyle games, huh?? Geez, I thought it was a good-luck charm that was stylish. Pics please 

garciap77
09-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Well thats not fair......our all star team would range from 48 to 72. :eek::):wave:

And what is wrong with that? You'll still have your waterboy!:D

LIONS#1
09-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Gator Aid Boy!!! Or do they still drink Gator Aid? hell our 98 and 2002 team could embarrass your 2000 team!! Of course yall were just 2 people short of 4a then....Just a sayin!!

Snydertigersrul
09-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Lovejoy by 28

slingshot
09-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Lovejoy by 28Go back to beating up on 2A's... your time is coming.

garciap77
09-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Gator Aid Boy!!! Or do they still drink Gator Aid? hell our 98 and 2002 team could embarrass your 2000 team!! Of course yall were just 2 people short of 4a then....Just a sayin!!

:lies:

We have always been 4A! Everyone knows that!:D Are you coming to see your kitty Kats get beat in the Jungle by the mighty Bulldogs?:D HEY! Let me know if you are coming, and I'll taking you to eat a Green Chili Burger at the Whataburger in Early!:D

garciap77
09-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Lovejoy by 28

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/peanuts_charlie_brown_yellow_shirt--1.gif

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/animal0083.gif

Old LB
09-21-2011, 06:57 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/peanuts_charlie_brown_yellow_shirt--1.gif

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/animal0083.gif
:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

BLEEDZGREEN
09-22-2011, 07:36 AM
Hey Garciap77, GOOD LUCK TO THE BULLDOGS!!:wave:

garciap77
09-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Thanks! GOOD LUCK TO YOUR SON #25 Demone Belmarez & THE BURNET BULLDOGS!!! http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/well_done.gif

Leopard4Life
09-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Leopard4Life,

Since you started this by saying you wanted to get something off your chest, AND took shots at Wylie (always being 3A crap) I want to get something off my chest too (besides your wife). When we ate before that game there were several different groups of LL fans in the restraunt as well as Wylie fans. The LL fans that we tried to start conversations with were the most arrogant, condesending, prima donna pricks we had ever encountered, with a close 2nd being Decatur fans before our semi-final game with them in '04. One LL mom was heard saying, "Surely we won't get beat by a bunch of Wal Mart shoppers". Personally I do my shopping at Target, so I didn't have a clue as to that of which she spoke. Notice I didn't dangle a preposition like most Wal Mart shoppers. At any rate, take that for what it's worth and just know this: I'll take our team of Wal Mart shoppers any day over your team of vodka spiking prima donas any day. Have a nice week.

Wow, you seriously met prima donna's from Lovejoy. You must have been at a restaurant with some outsiders. Several hundred of us were at a pizza place in Waco.

As far as my wife getting off your chest the Sioux Nation has a saying about cowards like you…

“It’s easy to be brave from a distance”

Go Leopards!!!

Leopard4Life
09-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Where did the LL posters go? I think I may have hurt somebody's feelings. Either that or there is a huge sale on peroxide going on somewhere near Allen.

The chances of you hurting my feelings when writing about some random Lovejoy fans that you perceived as snobby are nil. The chances of getting hurt talking smack about someone's wife are pretty high.

By the way your attempt at a joke would be funny if you knew anything about high maintenance women. There isn't a woman in Lovejoy that would be caught dead bleaching their hair with peroxide, then again a lot of them wouldn't want to be seen in Abilene either.

Maybe target is having a sale on jokes. Hurry, you need all the help you can get...

Go Leopard!!!

nobogey72
09-23-2011, 09:59 AM
The chances of you hurting my feelings when writing about some random Lovejoy fans that you perceived as snobby are nil. The chances of getting hurt talking smack about someone's wife are pretty high.

By the way your attempt at a joke would be funny if you knew anything about high maintenance women. There isn't a woman in Lovejoy that would be caught dead bleaching their hair with peroxide, then again a lot of them wouldn't want to be seen in Abilene either

Maybe target is having a sale on jokes. Hurry, you need all the help you can get...

Go Leopard!!!

WOW!!!! I finally got someone riled up. No that's the kind of smack talk that we've been missing on this board. :stirpot:

Pendragon13
09-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Wow..this thread jumped the shark since the last time I checked it. :hijacktd::tisk:

injuredinmelee
09-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Wow..this thread jumped the shark since the last time I checked it. :hijacktd::tisk:
I am impressed it hasnt become a bwood penis measurement thread.

Pendragon13
09-23-2011, 12:23 PM
I am impressed it hasnt become a bwood penis measurement thread.Yeah, well they've toned it down a bit since the S'ville beatdown.

Anyway, back to the game in question...I really don't have a good prediction. Both teams teams lost to good opponents, (slight edge to Wylie for strength of schedule) both teams have injuries to starters, but Lovejoy has an edge coming off a bye week. Wylie has the better passing attack, and Lovejoy is better at running. I think the game will be won on defense..if we stop their running game we win, if they disrupt our passing they win.

MesquiteFan
09-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah, well they've toned it down a bit since the S'ville beatdown.

Anyway, back to the game in question...I really don't have a good prediction. Both teams teams lost to good opponents, (slight edge to Wylie for strength of schedule) both teams have injuries to starters, but Lovejoy has an edge coming off a bye week. Wylie has the better passing attack, and Lovejoy is better at running. I think the game will be won on defense..if we stop their running game we win, if they disrupt our passing they win.

Not having seen Wylie play yet (I'll have that honor tonight), I don't want to disagree with anything you said about their passing attack, but I will disagree with you on Lovejoy's ability to throw. Zach Saffle is really starting to blossom as the starting QB, despite what his numbers might be. He's shown great improvement week to week.

And this is definitely the most banged up Lovejoy has ever been. More injuries than one can count. It seems like that is a trend in all levels of football. They are trying to make the game more "safe" but there have been an incredible number of injuries in the NFL, college, and at the high school level this year. Bizarre.

Pendragon13
09-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Not having seen Wylie play yet (I'll have that honor tonight), I don't want to disagree with anything you said about their passing attack, but I will disagree with you on Lovejoy's ability to throw. Zach Saffle is really starting to blossom as the starting QB, despite what his numbers might be. He's shown great improvement week to week.

And this is definitely the most banged up Lovejoy has ever been. More injuries than one can count. It seems like that is a trend in all levels of football. They are trying to make the game more "safe" but there have been an incredible number of injuries in the NFL, college, and at the high school level this year. Bizarre.Lovejoy may have a good passing attack, but the reason I say "stop their running game" as the key is because nobody has passed on Wylie consistently so far, and they've already nearly matched last years interception total in just four games. It's all just speculation until the pads start slapping, but my opinion is that 09 was two evenly matched teams slugging it out, last year was lopsided in Lovejoys favor...and now we're back to being pretty even again.

Leopard4Life
09-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Lovejoy may have a good passing attack, but the reason I say "stop their running game" as the key is because nobody has passed on Wylie consistently so far, and they've already nearly matched last years interception total in just four games. It's all just speculation until the pads start slapping, but my opinion is that 09 was two evenly matched teams slugging it out, last year was lopsided in Lovejoys favor...and now we're back to being pretty even again.

I agree about this being even. One team’s strength is the other's current weakness. Wylie has a banged up line that could struggle to protect the QB and not a big running game. Lovejoy has a banged up secondary against a good passing QB. This could go either way... Last game Lovejoy's QB went both ways, he was filling in for a banged up safety. I believe the QB may be the 4th string safety, that's how banged up the secondary is right now. Some underclassmen may have to step in a big way tonight. Last year being lopsided may have had to do with the 200+ mile trip, and this year Lovejoy is on the short end of the travel stick.

Go Leopards!!!

Pendragon13
09-23-2011, 01:00 PM
I agree about this being even. One team’s strength is the other's current weakness. Wylie has a banged up line that could struggle to protect the QB and not a big running game. Lovejoy has a banged up secondary against a good passing QB. This could go either way... Last game Lovejoy's QB went both ways, he was filling in for a banged up safety. I believe the QB may be the 4th string safety, that's how banged up the secondary is right now. Some underclassmen may have to step in a big way tonight. Last year being lopsided may have had to do with the 200+ mile trip, and this year Lovejoy is on the short end of the travel stick.

Go Leopards!!!Our strength is that we have one of the best cornerbacks in the district, and a legit D1 safety just like in 09.....the 09 safety is starting at Colorado State now. On the other hand we have had trouble with the running game against S'ville and then again with Waco. Waco had a massive D1 sized o-line and NFL sized (no joke) nose tackle on defense though....banged us up pretty good.

Snydertigersrul
09-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Our strength is that we have one of the best cornerbacks in the district, and a legit D1 safety just like in 09.....the 09 safety is starting at Colorado State now. On the other hand we have had trouble with the running game against S'ville and then again with Waco. Waco had a massive D1 sized o-line and NFL sized (no joke) nose tackle on defense though....banged us up pretty good.
Colorado State just barely beat New Mexico LOL

Pendragon13
09-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Colorado State just barely beat New Mexico LOLAnd your point is..? You should stick to worrying about all your best players wearing the same body.. :doh:

regaleagle
09-23-2011, 03:44 PM
From a strictly egotistical standpoint, I would "like" to see Lovejoy beat Wylie tonite just so it would make Lovejoy appear to be better than they are percieved to be at this point. It would also give Argyle the perception of beating another 'quality' opponent, thereby boosting our quality wins totals for the season. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the way the game will go. IMO, Wylie will win this ballgame by at least 2 tds. I hope I'm wrong, but it just look that way on paper. But who knows?? I'll be watching for the scores later tonite.

ccmom
09-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Lovejoy's defense has given up a LOT of points so far this season and Wylie's defense has given up a lot of yards on the ground. I'm excited to see how this all plays out tonight. Safe travels to all who are making the trip!

Leopard4Life
09-23-2011, 04:21 PM

And this is definitely the most banged up Lovejoy has ever been. More injuries than one can count. It seems like that is a trend in all levels of football. They are trying to make the game more "safe" but there have been an incredible number of injuries in the NFL, college, and at the high school level this year. Bizarre.

I agree that Zach has matured a lot since the season started. To bad it was baptism by fire. The kid has shown a ton of heart. I also never recall Lovejoy being this banged up. Hopefully a few players are back after the bye. Here is the preview of the matchup on sportsgram:

http://sportsgram.net/news_article.php?id=13724&liveid=Sportsgram4

And here is the article from Wylie’s perspective:

Bulldogs aim to get back on track against Lovejoy

Good luck tonight (hopefully not too much luck for the Bulldogs), and let’s pray that there aren’t any more injuries on either side of the field tonight.

Go Leopards!!!

Leopard4Life
09-23-2011, 04:23 PM
I agree that Zach has matured a lot since the season started. To bad it was baptism by fire. The kid has shown a ton of heart. I also never recall Lovejoy being this banged up. Hopefully a few players are back after the bye. Here is the preview of the matchup on sportsgram:

http://sportsgram.net/news_article.php?id=13724&liveid=Sportsgram4

And here is the article from Wylie’s perspective:

Bulldogs aim to get back on track against Lovejoy

Good luck tonight (hopefully not too much luck for the Bulldogs), and let’s pray that there aren’t any more injuries on either side of the field tonight.

Go Leopards!!!

The Wylie article link broke. Hopefully this fixes it.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/sep/22/bulldogs-aim-to-get-back-on-track-against/

Go Leopards!!!

Leopard4Life
09-23-2011, 04:34 PM
The sportsgram article says 20-0 and the Wylie article says 28-0 for last year's score. Maxpreps lists at 28-0.

ccmom
09-23-2011, 04:41 PM
The sportsgram article says 20-0 and the Wylie article says 28-0 for last year's score. Maxpreps lists at 28-0.

I'm pretty sure it was 28-0

garciap77
09-23-2011, 11:32 PM
When was the last time we lost a Homecoming?:( A very sloopy game by both teams. Congrat LoveJoy! We have a lot of work to do before district!

injuredinmelee
09-24-2011, 08:03 AM
When was the last time we lost a Homecoming?:( A very sloopy game by both teams. Congrat LoveJoy! We have a lot of work to do before district!
Gme not as close as it appears in the paper. I have never seen a team with that many false starts, got ridiculous after about 10 of them. I literally pent the entire second half playing Angry Birds. Just like Waco the week before, LJ shot themselves in the foot all night long. I dont know if LJ coach watched any film before the game or not but why not just run traps and counters on Wylie all night long?

Leopard4Life
09-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Gme not as close as it appears in the paper. I have never seen a team with that many false starts, got ridiculous after about 10 of them. I literally pent the entire second half playing Angry Birds. Just like Waco the week before, LJ shot themselves in the foot all night long. I dont know if LJ coach watched any film before the game or not but why not just run traps and counters on Wylie all night long?

This bites! Lovejoy wins, but they played so bad I don't feel like gloating... Plus Wylie is as beat up as we are. Lovejoy was just able to peice together a better unit. If I would have some friends over we could have made a drinking game out of the false starts, I'm sure someone would have passed out by the 4th quarter...

ccmom
09-24-2011, 11:07 AM
That was one ugly game...and I'm glad it's over. Congrats to LJ. Here's hoping Wylie can heal up and tighten up before district play. I still believe we can.

Leopard4Life
09-24-2011, 11:40 AM
That was one ugly game...and I'm glad it's over. Congrats to LJ. Here's hoping Wylie can heal up and tighten up before district play. I still believe we can.

Look on the bright side. Ya'll have Brownwood as your last regular season game so hopefully you will have some time to heal and gel. We have Prosper in 2 weeks @ Prosper. They beat Argyle last night pretty convincingly and they have a bye week before we open districts. Lovejoy has to get healthy, fast... More than half our projected starters are out. Some positions are down to 4th and 5th string and a lot of kids are playing out of position. Hence all the false starts... Like Wylie Lovejoy is fairly deep, but no 3A school is deep enough for the type of adjustments both these schools will have to make for districts.

Good luck Wylie. Unless we both get real healthy real fast I don't see another state semi-final match up. We will have to see what the next UIL re-alignment holds but more than likely we are going 4A, and I don't see us scheduling a 3A team that is 3 hours away. We are 2-1 against Wylie, however you got the only "W" that mattered.

Go Leopards!!!