PDA

View Full Version : Sinton (2-1) @ Robstown (0-3)

pirate4state
09-19-2011, 11:11 AM
This will be a LONG night for Robstown. They don't pass the ball very much and our defense has been pretty stingy against the run.

If we don't beat Robstown by 4 TDs I'm gonna be really disappointed!

All in all, I predict a very ugly game.

GO PIRATES!!!

99IHSMustang
09-19-2011, 11:16 AM

GO PIRATES!!!

lol. Maybe a good game to open up the playbook and try some new things out.

MUSTANG69
09-19-2011, 11:57 AM
This will be a LONG night for Robstown. They don't pass the ball very much and our defense has been pretty stingy against the run.

If we don't beat Robstown by 4 TDs I'm gonna be really disappointed!

GO PIRATES!!!

I will be surprised if Sinton doesn't win by 6-8 TDs.

SHSBulldog00
09-19-2011, 12:02 PM
The Pickers lost a ton of Seniors!!!!! Pirates should win handily.

megaman2184
09-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Robstown is not even the shell of what they were compared to last years team. These next 2 weeks will be blowouts and it is a good way for Sinton and Ingleside to open up the playbooks for their preparation for district. The only thing I'll worry about this game and next weeks are cheap shots out of frustration from this Robstown team, personal experience talking of course. Reminds mind me of the huge losing streak I went through during the 4a days. Lazy hires at head coach and students losing interest in the sport. Just frustrated with the direction Robstown has taking the football program which had a promising future to this dumpster fire u have now. Good luck to Sinton on a injury free game and don't show off too much, this game is won already, sad to say.....:crying:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2011, 01:18 PM
If Sinton punt returner Keith Garcia gets to return a few you can pretty much count those as touchdowns. Defense might get one themselves so that might just add up to 4 tds and the offense hopefully attacks downfield more this game, even if its incomplete just get them thinking its not a run play between the tackles.

Sinton by atleast 5 tds

Robstown taking a big step back from the program Woods left behind but they might see better results when district starts.

Roughneck93
09-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Pirates by at least 5 TDs.

99IHSMustang
09-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Robstown is not even the shell of what they were compared to last years team. These next 2 weeks will be blowouts and it is a good way for Sinton and Ingleside to open up the playbooks for their preparation for district. The only thing I'll worry about this game and next weeks are cheap shots out of frustration from this Robstown team, personal experience talking of course. Reminds mind me of the huge losing streak I went through during the 4a days. Lazy hires at head coach and students losing interest in the sport. Just frustrated with the direction Robstown has taking the football program which had a promising future to this dumpster fire u have now. Good luck to Sinton on a injury free game and don't show off too much, this game is won already, sad to say.....:crying:

Well Robstown has a rough schedule that is for sure.

Phil C
09-19-2011, 01:35 PM
I say Sinton will win a closer game than expected by about 21 to 16. Robstown has had some great teams and this team will want redemption and will be ready for this game. Look for the cotton fields to rumble as these two teams collide. You have to also remember that the game is in Robstown which increases the risk. This is by no means a gimme because Robstown will probably have their game together for this one.

Remember in 1954 Robstone actually beat Freer who went on to the semis that year. Robstown and Falfurrias tied with Freer for the district but at that time only one team got to advance in each district and Freer advanced due to winning the coin flip. Robstown was upset about that because they probably could have made the semis also if they had one the coin flip as probably would Falfurrias.

Scary times indeed. :(

megaman2184
09-19-2011, 02:01 PM
This game will not be close. Been told that Coach Gonzales still keeps in contact with Coach Wood these days and sends him game footage on game plans. What that tells me is having to depend on Wood after he is gone show his own confidences as a head coach and they still don't work. Pathetic that Robstown had to settle for less when we had plenty of more capable candidates for the head football coach position. 0-10 for this Pickers this year and I don't see district play being any more different. Kids will abandon ship by that time.

sinfan75
09-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Sinton by 21.

SintonFan
09-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Sinton by 29...

garciap77
09-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Sinton by 21!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/thpirateshipsmilies.gif

pirate4state
09-21-2011, 01:15 PM
FYI - I will not be at the game this week, but am trying to get someone to send me updates so I can still tweet end of quarter scores.

Johnny Utah
09-21-2011, 03:59 PM
pieRAT4state, not going to the game??? WOW!!!!!!!:)

Phil C
09-21-2011, 04:09 PM
pieRAT4state, not going to the game??? WOW!!!!!!!:)

:eek:

YTBulldogs
09-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Good luck to my friends in Sinton. Give'em hell.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Wonder how the stats look for this game, Sinton defense was putting some hits on Robstown offense the whole game. Sinton run defense should get a good test against Orange Grove before district starts.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2011, 07:50 AM
If Sinton punt returner Keith Garcia gets to return a few you can pretty much count those as touchdowns. Defense might get one themselves so that might just add up to 4 tds and the offense hopefully attacks downfield more this game, even if its incomplete just get them thinking its not a run play between the tackles.

Sinton by atleast 5 tds

Robstown taking a big step back from the program Woods left behind but they might see better results when district starts.Keith Garcia finally got one he could return in the 3rd qtr and did one of his great run backs for a td for the 3rd straight week!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Sinton stats
Rushing
27 att 198 yds
Passing
7 att 9 comp 107 yards 2 td
total yards
leading rusher
Keith Garcia 6 carries 87 yards
passing
Tyler Handson 7/9 107 yards 2 td
receiving
Erin Charles 4 receptions 70 yards 1 td

Phil C
09-24-2011, 06:20 PM
A good win by the Pirates but don't be fooled by the score. It was close for a while there.