PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Texas drought..but my neighbors on the water have beautiful green lawns!!

Cam
09-19-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't live on the water, but if I did, I wouldn't be watering my lawn like my neighbors do. They have pumps going to the water's edge....and, their 1 to 2 acre spread of St. Augustine is beautiful.....my grass is dead! I'm pissed! Don't understand why LCRA hasn't put restrictions on their asses!

Attached are some pics from this year's drought:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/texasparkswildlife/sets/72157627429641925/show

Old LB
09-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Some folks on here the other day were talking about having contracts that allow unlimited access to the water so they may not be able to restrict their consumption. I agree though, comes down to being responsible citizens. One thing for sure, if it doesn't start raining the big man will enforce restrictions and then we'll all be in trouble.

Ranger Mom
09-19-2011, 11:02 AM
We have 2 water wells at our house and we have quit watering our grass even though there are no restrictions against us. In times like these, even the ground water is at risk.

Those pictures are terrible...did they all come from the same lake or several lakes/rivers??

Cam
09-19-2011, 11:09 AM
We have 2 water wells at our house and we have quit watering our grass even though there are no restrictions against us. In times like these, even the ground water is at risk.

Those pictures are terrible...did they all come from the same lake or several lakes/rivers??

Some on Lake Travis, others in San Angelo (with yucky red water & dead fish). If you move your cursor over the picture, it will tell you on the upper right hand corner. (cursor over the "Show Info")