PDA

View Full Version : Irritating Commercial

sinton66
09-19-2011, 04:43 AM
"Do people use smart phones to do dumb things?" Not nearly as often as Geico runs this stupid commercial!

GrTigers6
09-19-2011, 05:54 AM
"Do people use smart phones to do dumb things?" Not nearly as often as Geico runs this stupid commercial!:iagree: very irritating!

Phil C
09-19-2011, 08:01 AM
"Do people use smart phones to do dumb things?" Not nearly as often as Geico runs this stupid commercial!

Well it was funny the first couple of thousand times then it got annoying.

waterboy
09-23-2011, 11:59 AM
I also don't like the AT&T commercials where they show preference for one child over the other, and the one where the wife says she should have followed her mother's advice and married John Clark after her husband went with with an unlimited plan on their cell phones. Those commercials irk me, and sends the wrong message.

sinton66
09-23-2011, 01:42 PM
I also don't like the AT&T commercials where they show preference for one child over the other, and the one where the wife says she should have followed her mother's advice and married John Clark after her husband went with with an unlimited plan on their cell phones. Those commercials irk me, and sends the wrong message.

I agree. Commercials these days seem to portray men as bumbling idiots whose wives have all of the "sense" in the family. I don't care much for those either.

Farmersfan
09-23-2011, 02:14 PM
I agree. Commercials these days seem to portray men as bumbling idiots whose wives have all of the "sense" in the family. I don't care much for those either.

I have stated this on numerous different occasions on this forum. I stated once that the middle aged white male was primarily the one made to look like a complete idiot. I was ridiculed pretty intensly by a lot of people. Almost all sitcoms these days have the white males as idiots that are dominated by much hotter wives who are portrayed as too hot for their idiot husbands. The husbands beg for sex, beg for permission to do things or go places and essentually are shown as completly incapable of doing any kind of domestic work or taking care of themselves. It seems to me the minority husbands are portrayed as being more hip and in charge and better role models for the family. I just figured I was too sensitive about the subject because I have worked very hard in my life to be domestical capable and not be dependent on a spouse. I also hate more than i can explain how they portray men as big babies when they get sick. I have never met a man who acts like most women claim men act when they are sick yet the steriotype exits. In my house my wife gets angry with me when I'm sick because I won't allow her to take care of me. I don't want to talk or cuddle or have her checking my temperature every 5 mins. I just want to be left alone. That makes her mad!

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Commercials these days seem to portray men as bumbling idiots whose wives have all of the "sense" in the family.
And.....your point???? :D ;)

Ranger Mom
09-23-2011, 06:14 PM

What about the insurance commercial (Geico?) where the parents eat their daughter's fish because they can no longer afford sushi?? :D (That one made me laugh!!)

SintonFan
09-25-2011, 10:47 AM
What about the insurance commercial (Geico?) where the parents eat their daughter's fish because they can no longer afford sushi?? :D (That one made me laugh!!)

That goldfish had to be pretty big. :eek:

Old Tiger
09-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Your just mad you don't have a brostache

Trashman
09-26-2011, 04:48 PM
The McDonalds commercial where the woman is griping about her brother-in-law stating that "Sundays are for football only" and her BF replies "he's a jerk. Drives me up a wall......:ack!: