PDA

View Full Version : Texas and 3 other Big 12 go to Pac 12?

lbjacj
09-18-2011, 04:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/47478/four-big-12-teams-headed-to-pac-12

NastySlot
09-18-2011, 06:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/47478/four-big-12-teams-headed-to-pac-12

thats what i was hearing this weekend...also heard syracuse and pitt would apply for the acc......than I heard they were accepted that might be a rumor.

coach
09-18-2011, 06:42 PM
thats what i was hearing this weekend...also heard syracuse and pitt would apply for the acc......than I heard they were accepted that might be a rumor.

and i think the acc is looking for two more teams and baylor and iowa st. are looking to go to the big east.

NastySlot
09-18-2011, 06:53 PM
and i think the acc is looking for two more teams and baylor and iowa st. are looking to go to the big east.

yeah...was hearing that also...uconn came up as maybe going to the acc. that leaves football playing schools like louisvillie cinncy, south florida and rutgers in the big east

LionFan72
09-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Heard UT and Okla board of regents meeting tomorrow to discuss realignment, could be the beginning of the end for the Big12.

NastySlot
09-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Heard UT and Okla board of regents meeting tomorrow to discuss realignment, could be the beginning of the end for the Big12.

I think you mean more like the final nail in the coffin.............Neb/Colo leaving started it, Aggies to SEC moved it along and now these schools.....pretty much finishes it.

The Big XII-II-I-IV.

Baylor should of be talking to other Conferences.........still think they could join the MWC and build a solid program like TCU has done....of even take the remainder of the big xii and merge with whats left of the Big East football schools.....they do have an AQ.

These super conferences I believe are going to finally lead to some sort of a playoff.

BEAST
09-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Where is all the anger and outrage?

BEAST

jason
09-19-2011, 08:24 AM
its kind of cool - will get to see texas play some different teams for a change...

NastySlot
09-19-2011, 08:57 AM
read an article about the big east basketball schools thinking of forming their own conference........article mentioned that the ACC would like to get Notre Dame and Texas..........if Notre Dame balks at the idea...then they would take the horns and Tech.

Pendragon13
09-19-2011, 09:38 AM
I really hate to see all the Big 12 teams split up into 3-4 different conferences...especially ones that make zero geographical sense like the Pac-12 or ACC/Big East. I always liked the idea of Texas high school players getting the chance to match up again in college...and century old rivalries.

BEAST
09-19-2011, 10:32 AM
I really hate to see all the Big 12 teams split up into 3-4 different conferences...especially ones that make zero geographical sense like the Pac-12 or ACC/Big East. I always liked the idea of Texas high school players getting the chance to match up again in college...and century old rivalries.

Yup, me too. However, within a couple of seasons tops, that'll all be a thing of the past. Say good bye to all those great games and great rivalries. They are done!! Baylor and the others are really going to suffer because of this.

BEAST

SHSBulldog00
09-19-2011, 10:40 AM
How will these Super Conferences affect everyone who wants a playoff system? A lot...a little....none at all...