PDA

View Full Version : A word (or a few lol) from the "Word" (UIW)

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Last night, our football game vs Lamar Cardinals was live on ESPN3. I didn't think we had it available with our TW package. For all of you that got bombarded with my breaking news text about it, thanks for not showing you were annoyed. :D It's just kind of a big deal to a Mom to know one of your babies is on national TV, regardless of the venue. The replay is available online, at least for us, so I can enjoy it again. :inlove: And my little "baby" got a pretty big tackle (# 55) early on.

UIW isn't afraid to take on the "big" boys. The "word" is that a few days ago, we challenged Larry Coker to a game with UTSA on Oct. 22, since we're both open that week. :eek: I haven't heard if Coker acknowledged it, but I'm sure he's skeered. :devil:

We lost last night, 45-35, but we went down fighting until the final buzzer! We even tried the infamous "Trinity" play toward the end. It almost worked, but time ran out. Of course, the "almost" ended with a botch & one of our guys kicking it out of bounds. :doh: Time had expired & Lamar declined the penalty. (Skeered, I tell ya! ;) )

The last "word" is that it is OFFICIAL. UIW will become Division 1 with the 2014 season, provided it passes student vote! I hear we're headed to the Southland conference, provided they'll take us. :1omg!: :1omg!: I don't know if I'm happy or sad that "the beast" will use his last year of eligibility in 2013 (barring any injuries!). I think kind of both...

zebrablue2
09-18-2011, 01:36 PM
:clap:Would have been a big deal for me also! Congrats...

bobcat1
09-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Congrats! That is awesome!

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2011, 04:09 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/local_colleges/article/UIW-s-football-goal-Division-I-2175261.php (In the middle of Broadway - LMAO!)

and

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Lamar-beats-Incarnate-Word-2176285.php (# 72 was one BIIIIIGGG dude!)

bobcat1
09-18-2011, 07:28 PM
In the second website is that the Beast trailing the play in the first picture?

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that's 56. He's not nearly big enough to be mine. lol

bobcat1
09-18-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that's 56. He's not nearly big enough to be mine. lolI was gonna say he had slimmed up a bunch! LOL