PDA

View Full Version : Poll Paris @ Celina

orange machine
09-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Paris is playing very good and is 4-0 and most East Tx folks are giving Celina no chance.

Celina is 3-0 grinding out games playing good but not being as dominate as most thought yet.

sandbagger
09-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Good game between 2 average teams. Celina by 14

OldNavy
09-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Good game between 2 average teams. Celina by 14

Average, how do you define average. Average for Celina is pretty dang good. Average for Coach Bowman is pretty dang good. If that is average, there are a lot more than half the teams in 3 A that would love to be average. Why try and demean teams and kids?

sandbagger
09-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Average, how do you define average. Average for Celina is pretty dang good. Average for Coach Bowman is pretty dang good. If that is average, there are a lot more than half the teams in 3 A that would love to be average. Why try and demean teams and kids?Your right 50% of teams would love to be average. Average is 2nd round loss. That pretty common in celina these days.

OldNavy
09-18-2011, 07:34 PM
3 teams out of six go to the playoffs, that would be half. Half of them are gone after the first round, that would be half again, or 25%. Top 25% is better than average or are you using that NEW, Sadbagger math?

sandbagger
09-18-2011, 07:44 PM
3 teams out of six go to the playoffs, that would be half. Half of them are gone after the first round, that would be half again, or 25%. Top 25% is better than average or are you using that NEW, Sadbagger math?Im glad to see a 2nd round loss is above average for a celinabot. At last a true lowering of acceptable standard for celina. Dont worry after some teams move up next year yall have a chance to be a big fish in a small pond again until then enjoy average.

bobcat4life
09-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Im glad to see a 2nd round loss is above average for a celinabot. At last a true lowering of acceptable standard for celina. Dont worry after some teams move up next year yall have a chance to be a big fish in a small pond again until then enjoy average.

edited.....lhpm :rolleyes:

orange machine
09-18-2011, 08:07 PM
It is obvious to all your jealousy for Celina. I realize you hate Celina with a passion, but it's only because you or your prized Eagles have been beaten down so badly over the years. All you have is mouthing off behind a computer and key board.

bobcat1
09-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Im glad to see a 2nd round loss is above average for a celinabot. At last a true lowering of acceptable standard for celina. Dont worry after some teams move up next year yall have a chance to be a big fish in a small pond again until then enjoy average. Remind us Mr Troll whom do you support... oh wait I know, you don't want to reveal that. You just like to run down teams your team can't touch. I know the kind of supporter you are. If they were any good we would know who you support. You may go now Mr Troll.

orange machine
09-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Ok back to the game Celina needs to step up this week and show they are worthy of their ranking. I was looking at some pics of Paris playing Frisco Heritage earlier you might as well throw a D on their helmets for Daingerfield and take the P for Paris off because they are doing and look just like Daingerfield. Celina needs to get it all working this week or Bowmen could be 3-0 against Celina.

sandbagger
09-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Ok back to the game Celina needs to step up this week and show they are worthy of their ranking. I was looking at some pics of Paris playing Frisco Heritage earlier you might as well throw a D on their helmets for Daingerfield and take the P for Paris off because they are doing and look just like Daingerfield. Celina needs to get it all working this week or Bowmen could be 3-0 against Celina.Its been years since celina has been worthy of their ranking why would things change. Until they play somebody or make it past the 2nd round its the same tried old crap from yall.

regaleagle
09-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Oh yeah? Well I'm a supported of a damn good Region 2 team, and I can tell ya for a fact that Celina is and never has been an average football team as long as we have been playing them,, and that includes when we both were in the same district in 2A. They are always a team that is well coached and very physical. They deserve their ranking because they have earned it.

regaleagle
09-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Oh, and btw I'm going with Celina in this one 38-28. I wouldn't look forward to going into that stadium for a big game, anytime. Been there, done that. Celina's scouts will have Paris pegged, and will know exactly where their weaknesses are on both sides of the ball. Good Luck, Paris. You do have a chance, but a home game for Celina is a tough nut to crack.

ronwx5x
09-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Remind us Mr Troll whom do you support... oh wait I know, you don't want to reveal that. You just like to run down teams your team can't touch. I know the kind of supporter you are. If they were any good we would know who you support. You may go now Mr Troll.

This doesn't tell you where he lives but does show you he's no kid. All these comments and every one is negative about something. Speaks volumes about his attitude.

http://www.dallasnews.com/membercontent/memberprofile/?ukey=16599778&plckUserId=16599778

purring kitty
09-19-2011, 08:03 AM
Re: Colors of poll at beginning. Not smart enough to know which team is which, here.

Pick6
09-19-2011, 08:21 AM
It is obvious to all your jealousy for Celina.

that's a worn out statement. Why does celina always think that if someone doesn't care for them then that person is jealous?? Why can't someone not like celina because of morons like yourself?? I've never seen someone not give the kids the respect they deserve. It's just down right shameful when adults like yourself get mad when you don't get the respect that the kids have earned.

ronwx5x
09-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Re: Colors of poll at beginning. Not smart enough to know which team is which, here.

Paris is on top, Celina below. If you outline the area with your cursor, the teams show up.

Txbroadcaster
09-19-2011, 09:18 AM
This doesn't tell you where he lives but does show you he's no kid. All these comments and every one is negative about something. Speaks volumes about his attitude.

http://www.dallasnews.com/membercontent/memberprofile/?ukey=16599778&plckUserId=16599778

I am confused..the troll comment was about sandbagger yet u show regale's DMN profile

bobcat1
09-19-2011, 10:18 AM
I am confused..the troll comment was about sandbagger yet u show regale's DMN profileConfused me too.

Bosqueville
09-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Back to the game this Friday. I am going with Celina but not by much. Celina by 1. Also, pretty impressive stadium at Paris. I know they will pack 'em in on Friday! Good luck to both!

OldNavy
09-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Back to the game this Friday. I am going with Celina but not by much. Celina by 1. Also, pretty impressive stadium at Paris. I know they will pack 'em in on Friday! Good luck to both!

I think the game is in Celina and even with the seating expansion, I am sure this will be a standing room only event. Get there early if you want to set down. Wish I could be there, I was there for the rained out homecoming but back in Florida this Friday. They do play football in Florida, but I have not seen the intensity of Texas high school football there yet. I am sure I will find it though. There is good football there.

OldNavy
09-19-2011, 10:53 AM
that's a worn out statement. Why does celina always think that if someone doesn't care for them then that person is jealous?? Why can't someone not like celina because of morons like yourself?? I've never seen someone not give the kids the respect they deserve. It's just down right shameful when adults like yourself get mad when you don't get the respect that the kids have earned.

Celina doesn't always think anything, and just because you disagree with someone doesn't make them a moron. Why the name calling? Celina is just a geographic location, some choose to live there and most do not. It's really OK.

catgut
09-19-2011, 09:28 PM
I think the game is in Celina and even with the seating expansion, I am sure this will be a standing room only event. Get there early if you want to set down. Wish I could be there, I was there for the rained out homecoming but back in Florida this Friday. They do play football in Florida, but I have not seen the intensity of Texas high school football there yet. I am sure I will find it though. There is good football there.How many does the visitors side seat in Celina?

OldNavy
09-19-2011, 09:42 PM
How many does the visitors side seat in Celina?
Total seating is 2800, I am guessing only 800 to a thousand on the visitor's side. Also, parking is a major problem. Get there early. It is worth it. There is no track around the field. You are almost sitting in the huddle! It is a great atmosphere. There is standing room all around the endzones, one consession stand and restroom and everyone is friendly and loves highschool football. Wish I could be there.

catgut
09-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Total seating is 2800, I am guessing only 800 to a thousand on the visitor's side. Also, parking is a major problem. Get there early. It is worth it. There is no track around the field. You are almost sitting in the huddle! It is a great atmosphere. There is standing room all around the endzones, one consession stand and restroom and everyone is friendly and loves highschool football. Wish I could be there.you're kidding. Does the visiting band sit in the stands? Do they give a lot of tickets for illegal parking?

catgut
09-19-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm excited about this game. it's been a long time since we've been in a game of this magnitude. What is everyone's opinion on whether these two teams will schedule again for the next two years?

bobcat4life
09-19-2011, 11:02 PM
you're kidding. Does the visiting band sit in the stands? Do they give a lot of tickets for illegal parking?

If they gave illegal parking tickets I would owe the city all the gold in Fort Knox...and the band usually is in the stands. Not much room so get there early

regaleagle
09-19-2011, 11:15 PM
What's your problem Mr. TT all american? Can't handle somebody backing Celina? And as far as all those posts are concerned, it really depends on your thought processs, and your knowledge base. Most of those comments were not negative, but you must be an aggie. My brother is a retired Colonel ex-aggie, but that doesn't excuse what the ags did and the way they did it, does it??? As far as the rest of the comments, I see no negativity there, and if you do , you are reading something different than most. Trying to sway others with a suggestion that I am a negative person can be no farther from the truth. I'm about as positive a person as you can know. I try to teach others how important it is to maintain a positive outlook in life. I wouldn't be where I am today if that were not true. Sorry, TT, good try. but you are wrong on this one.

nt7on7
09-20-2011, 05:50 AM
I would love to keep up the series with Paris, except for the drive. It's not so bad for a varsity game, but when you add in the drive for the Jr. High the night before, then the drive back with the varsity, that's almost 8 hours of driving in two days. It gets to be a grind.

Matthew328
09-20-2011, 06:01 AM
Paris beating Sulphur really surprised me...they are ahead of schedule at the moment but I still think Celina wins this one at home

catgut
09-20-2011, 06:08 AM
I would love to keep up the series with Paris, except for the drive. It's not so bad for a varsity game, but when you add in the drive for the Jr. High the night before, then the drive back with the varsity, that's almost 8 hours of driving in two days. It gets to be a grind. We have to drive regardless of who we play. It's not near as far as when you traveled to Daingerfield. Three of our district opponents are further away than Celina. I'd heard when Bowman was hired that Celina coaches said we wouldn't be on the schedule next year. Hope that's not the case.

orange machine
09-20-2011, 06:27 AM
Yeah that doesn't surprise me that someone would say that it was probably someone from Propser who said it. If we didn't want to play Bowmen or Prosper then I don't know why in the world there is talk about us playing Argyle the next two years providing we arnt in the same district.

sandbagger
09-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Yeah that doesn't surprise me that someone would say that it was probably someone from Propser who said it. If we didn't want to play Bowmen or Prosper then I don't know why in the world there is talk about us playing Argyle the next two years providing we arnt in the same district.Talk is cheap. Hopefully butch will grow a pair

MoveInDad
09-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Talk is cheap. Hopefully butch will grow a pair
Dude, you are a sad little man to make a comment such as that... just wanted to comment to get this up the board so others would have the pleasure of your wit.

turbostud
09-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Dude, you are a sad little man to make a comment such as that... just wanted to comment to get this up the board so others would have the pleasure of your wit.

Just click on his name and look at all of his posts. Tells you all you need know, that trolling is cheap. 90% are Celina bashing posts.

orange machine
09-20-2011, 06:57 PM
I don't see how someone can have such hate for a school and entire community.

cowboyandchrist
09-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Just click on his name and look at all of his posts. Tells you all you need know, that trolling is cheap. 90% are Celina bashing posts.
Celina supporters don't let this guy get under your skin, I assure you every team in Texas would like to be in the hunt year in and year out like your team is. We at Tatum understand what a great program you have and respect it. As far as the game goes, I believe Bowman would not have taken the Paris job if he didn't know what kind of talent was there. It will be a tuff ball game for both teams and I say Celina by 1 pont. I know they will have that East Texas speed, but with the big line you have , you can controll the game. Good luck and God bless.

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2011, 09:07 AM
you're kidding. Does the visiting band sit in the stands? Do they give a lot of tickets for illegal parking?

No tickets are given for parking issues. And parking is better than it was 10 years ago. When you come into celina to the field you will be on pecan street. I live a couple of blocks west of the field and we have people parking in front of our house all the time. Only thing don't block the driveways. Yes the band sits in the stands but it is a great venue for watching. you can stand round the field on the fence and you are less than ten yards from the sidelines and five from the endzone. I love to watch games here. You can almost high five the guys when they score.

WildTexan972
09-21-2011, 10:43 AM

don't confuse wit for stupid.....it is unfair to wit to do so.....

catgut
09-21-2011, 12:02 PM
No tickets are given for parking issues. And parking is better than it was 10 years ago. When you come into celina to the field you will be on pecan street. I live a couple of blocks west of the field and we have people parking in front of our house all the time. Only thing don't block the driveways. Yes the band sits in the stands but it is a great venue for watching. you can stand round the field on the fence and you are less than ten yards from the sidelines and five from the endzone. I love to watch games here. You can almost high five the guys when they score.Afraid there will be too big a crowd for everyone to get to the fence. Someone said something about bringing lawn chairs. There wouldn't be a place to set them that you could see from would there?

turbostud
09-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Talk is cheap. Hopefully butch will grow a pair

Hopefully you will grow a pair and let everyone know who you support instead of hiding behind a screen name to take cheap shots.

RPF2666
09-21-2011, 12:09 PM
nope...field signs block view 'through' the fence

RPF2666
09-21-2011, 12:11 PM
I hope y'all bring a boat load. We haven't had that type crowd for a couple years...

lostaussie
09-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Friday night packed house..........gotta love that!!! Celina by 4 just cause they are at home. Paris may make some noise come playoff time.

RPF2666
09-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Looking forward to Friday night, last week was about as big a letdown as you can imagine. At lease with bye weeks, you know they
are coming. Missing a week due to weather stinks (although the rain was welcome)!

bigwood33
09-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Celina by 17 or so...just too physical.

catgut
09-23-2011, 05:58 AM
I hope y'all bring a boat load. We haven't had that type crowd for a couple years...After seeing your stadium I can guarantee it will be a packed house. I like the way you're close to the action but you should reallly build a bigger vistor stands. I'm sure the crowd will affect our team somewhat. We've not been in a game like this since before these kids were even born.
Good luck to both teams. I hope it's a good game with no injuries. Celina catches a lot of negative comments but they have a program that 95 % of the teams in the state would love to have. Now, BUILD A PARKING LOT! LOL

RPF2666
09-23-2011, 06:02 AM
After seeing your stadium I can guarantee it will be a packed house. I like the way you're close to the action but you should reallly build a bigger vistor stands. I'm sure the crowd will affect our team somewhat. We've not been in a game like this since before these kids were even born.
Good luck to both teams. I hope it's a good game with no injuries. Celina catches a lot of negative comments but they have a program that 95 % of the teams in the state would love to have. Now, BUILD A PARKING LOT! LOL

Walking down a 2-way street with no street lights on dark Friday night is fun! Who needs a parking lot?

Good luck and travel safe!

WildTexan972
09-23-2011, 10:57 AM
seeing as Celina only has these giant crowds once every 3-4 years, it would waste school funds to build bigger visitor stands....we don't want our schools building sports facilities for the once every 25 games instead of for the normal size games, do we?

for some of you coming to town....across the street is the middle school, and behind that is the Intermediate school....back there is some parking, and the Celina Nazi police force seems to "get" that parking is short so they let ya find a spot and leave it alone....just don't block in other cars and you should be fine...

RPF2666
09-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Good job by the Bobcats! Final score wasn't as close as it looks on paper with the defense playing
very well only giving up one 'real' scoring drive (others were 1 yd off a muffed punt, and about 25 yd of
an intercetion). The Bobcats did a good job containing the athletic ability of Paris!

turbostud
09-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Great game last night. Celina is big, strong, and powerful. Paris was small but very fast. Defense is very fast to the ball. They will be a tough team to be in the playoffs.
Anyone know how Jordan Roos is doing?

bobcat4life
09-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Great game last night. Celina is big, strong, and powerful. Paris was small but very fast. Defense is very fast to the ball. They will be a tough team to be in the playoffs.
Anyone know how Jordan Roos is doing?

Torn ACL out for the year...

orange machine
09-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Well that freakin blows, sucks, is bull crap and flat out sad. A four year starter lost in his senior year dang.

turbostud
09-24-2011, 11:47 AM

Wow that blows. Hopefully he will be ready for track.

bigwood33
09-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Celina outgained Paris by 300 yards! That is outrageous.

RPF2666
09-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Supports my 'not as close as it looked on paper' comment... And Paris wasn't all that small, either

turbostud
09-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Supports my 'not as close as it looked on paper' comment... And Paris wasn't all that small, either

Compared to Celina they were. They had one big guy on the Oline but other than that it was mostly speed on Defense. Celina had worn them down by the 2nd Qu. I could see them walking around with hands on the hips and sucking wind. The only one for Celina I saw doing that was #55 cause he was playing both ways.

regaleagle
09-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Congrats to you guys for upholding your ranking and showing others you ARE deserving. Unfortunately, we got caught with our pants down by a team that gave us some payback--Prosper. Celina will go deep and maybe be playing for all the marbles again this year.

RPF2666
09-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Celina replaces Roos (3+ quarters) with someone 60-70 lbs smaller. Without Jordan, the line isn't HUGE, by any means...

They just keep the pressure on, with whoever is in the game doing everything they are capable of to fill the gap, and they did it WELL.

orange machine
09-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Celina replaces Roos (3+ quarters) with someone 60-70 lbs smaller. Without Jordan, the line isn't HUGE, by any means...

They just keep the pressure on, with whoever is in the game doing everything they are capable of to fill the gap, and they did it WELL.
Landon Lomhan came in replaced Roos and did a great Job. Lohman is not real big 5'9 215 but built like a tank and squats 575lbs. We lose a ton of size, but we gain a ton of mobility. It's a big lose losing Roos, but not near as big as it could be because Lohman is more than capable of handling his own.

orange machine
09-24-2011, 12:57 PM
It's times like this where you find your dimond in the rough.

RPF2666
09-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Landon Lomhan came in replaced Roos and did a great Job. Lohman is not real big 5'9 215 but built like a tank and squats 575lbs. We lose a ton of size, but we gain a ton of mobility. It's a big lose losing Roos, but not near as big as it could be because Lohman is more than capable of handling his own.

Exactly...

RPF2666
09-24-2011, 12:59 PM

It's times like this that kids who have busted their butts for years without complaining or whining step
in and do what they have been preparing to do...

orange machine
09-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Hate is for Roos, but happy for Lohman, I wonder if anybody will be brought up from the Jv to help out on the line for depth?

MoveInDad
09-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Compared to Celina they were. They had one big guy on the Oline but other than that it was mostly speed on Defense. Celina had worn them down by the 2nd Qu. I could see them walking around with hands on the hips and sucking wind. The only one for Celina I saw doing that was #55 cause he was playing both ways.

Turbo, they didn't look like they were sucking wind in the 2nd half when they scored 22 pts, granted they only had to cover a total of 26 yds for 2 of those drives, but they were in the game at 27-16, and so were their fans. As far as size goes, I'm pretty sure Paris was actually the 'bigger' team, depending on how you're measuring...and they weren't afraid to hit. Execution was the difference, and some pretty good play calling... especially when you consider our QB was playing against 8th graders last year.
I don't think I'm the only Celina fan that is pleasantly surprised by this team's fortitude on the field, considering their goofiness off the field... the team poster sums it up pretty good. And now they're starting to believe... have fun boys, and please keep off the crutches.

bobcat4life
09-24-2011, 02:53 PM

Lohmann set the school record in the squat as a sophmore at 595. He should be able to hold his own

orange machine
09-24-2011, 03:21 PM
It will be interesting to see if they do end up putting Lohman at RG or moving Lavey over?

catgut
09-24-2011, 08:53 PM
As a Paris fan I hope they keep this series going again for next couple of years. I was very impressed with Celina and I am sure I'll upset some people by this comment but........ when you jump offsides and whistle blows, show a little more class than going on and slamming the QB to the ground when he's just standing there. Not once but everytime they were offsides and ref's blew whistle it happened.

bobcat1
09-24-2011, 09:22 PM
As a Paris fan I hope they keep this series going again for next couple of years. I was very impressed with Celina and I am sure I'll upset some people by this comment but........ when you jump offsides and whistle blows, show a little more class than going on and slamming the QB to the ground when he's just standing there. Not once but everytime they were offsides and ref's blew whistle it happened.I never knew they blew the whistle for offsides on defense. As a matter of fact they don't. It's usually a free play for the offense and play continues.:thinking: Might want to study up on your football a little. Losses sting and the class remark will be overlooked this time.:2thumbsup

catgut
09-24-2011, 10:14 PM
I never knew they blew the whistle for offsides on defense. As a matter of fact they don't. It's usually a free play for the offense and play continues.:thinking: Might want to study up on your football a little. Losses sting and the class remark will be overlooked this time.:2thumbsup They blew it last night twice that I know of for sure. And those times the play had never started so they blew it.

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2011, 10:40 PM
I never knew they blew the whistle for offsides on defense. As a matter of fact they don't. It's usually a free play for the offense and play continues.:thinking: Might want to study up on your football a little. Losses sting and the class remark will be overlooked this time.:2thumbsup

whistle is blown and play is stopped if the offside player has a free shot at the QB

gatordaze
09-24-2011, 11:33 PM

If you were 6'5 250 and had 114 plays in one game you'd be sucking wind too...

gatordaze
09-24-2011, 11:38 PM
As a Paris fan I hope they keep this series going again for next couple of years. I was very impressed with Celina and I am sure I'll upset some people by this comment but........ when you jump offsides and whistle blows, show a little more class than going on and slamming the QB to the ground when he's just standing there. Not once but everytime they were offsides and ref's blew whistle it happened.

Speaking of class... Maybe you should take a class...(a class in football). When the defense jumps it is a free play for the offense. If the QB wants to be protected he should take a knee and take his free 5 yards, if he wants to
Go for a big gain he's free game to get popped. If the whistle has blown that's another story but when he got popped he was trying to make a big play.

Txbroadcaster
09-25-2011, 01:04 AM
Speaking of class... Maybe you should take a class...(a class in football). When the defense jumps it is a free play for the offense. If the QB wants to be protected he should take a knee and take his free 5 yards, if he wants to
Go for a big gain he's free game to get popped. If the whistle has blown that's another story but when he got popped he was trying to make a big play.

so which was it? was the defender unabated and whistle blown or did EVERYONE go thru the play and the QB was hit?

orange machine
09-25-2011, 02:00 AM
so which was it? was the defender unabated and whistle blown or did EVERYONE go thru the play and the QB was hit?
Put it this way it must not have been a cheap shot or unsportsman like because the ref would have seen it and called the penalty so obviously it was all legal. I applaud the defense in everything they did last night except for jumping off sides the defense stepped their game up. Someone was saying the other day that the defense was weak this year, I said give them a few more games and they would be dialed in, sure enough they showed up in a big way actually only giving up 6 points. Paris is a good team, but this game could have been much much worse for Paris the score is much closer than the game actually was. Celina pounded the ball all night long and Paris had no answer. The passing game for Celina was pretty good I believe Nathan threw 3 touchdown passes.

Txbroadcaster
09-25-2011, 05:21 AM
Put it this way it must not have been a cheap shot or unsportsman like because the ref would have seen it and called the penalty so obviously it was all legal..

So what your saying OM is the refs never make a mistake....so if Celina loses a game where the refs calls are questioned your going to be the first one on to defend them?( and I am not saying the calls in this game had any affect on outcome, just want clarification)

turbostud
09-25-2011, 06:11 AM
If you were 6'5 250 and had 114 plays in one game you'd be sucking wind too...

Where in my post did I say i wouldnt?

bobcat1
09-25-2011, 06:37 AM
whistle is blown and play is stopped if the offside player has a free shot at the QBI said usually.

bobcat1
09-25-2011, 06:41 AM
They blew it last night twice that I know of for sure. And those times the play had never started so they blew it.I stand corrected. Did the 2 plays change the outcome of the game? Maybe it wasn't classless as much as it was a teenager hyped up to do his job on defense. If you needed to add the classless remark to make the loss easier to swallow, go ahead.

gatordaze
09-25-2011, 08:23 AM
I stand corrected. Did the 2 plays change the outcome of the game? Maybe it wasn't classless as much as it was a teenager hyped up to do his job on defense. If you needed to add the classless remark to make the loss easier to swallow, go ahead.

QB got popped on the offsides because he stood 2 yards from the LOS and tried to make a play. The kids are taught to finish the play until the whistle. The Paris olineman that just stood there were really to blame.

OM, I really don't have a huge problem with the occasional offside penalty especially at nose as our quickneess will almost always equal a bad snap or two which more than makes up for the penalty yards.

Maybe Jake should wear his ipod in the game.

catgut
09-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Go for a big gain he's free game to get popped. If the whistle has blown that's another story but when he got popped he was trying to make a big play.Maybe you should take a class. Did I not say the whistle HAD blown? When whistle blows and QB is fixing to toss ball to official and gets slammed and no call made..it's pretty bad. The calls in no way affected the game and I knew I'd upset the Celina fans by speaking my mind.

catgut
09-25-2011, 08:56 AM
The yardage total was not even close. It's amazing how easily your 285 pound lineman pushed our 160 pound linemen. But what's really amazing is how a town of 5100 gets these huge lineman year after year. Must be something in the water?

nt7on7
09-25-2011, 09:02 AM
I am the most objective Celina homer for what it's worth :) I'm not sure I saw the QB get slammed as he was about to toss the ball to the ref. And to be honest, catgut, this reeks of typical East Texas - plays - Celina bull. Here are the rules....

1. East Texas fan say Celina has no way of beating said East Texas team because East Texas has speed, and Celina doesn't. (And this past week add the fact that Celina can't beat Coach Bowman)

2. When Celina posters speak up to defend their team and say, "Hey, we can beat any team out there. Look at our history. We beat (insert East Texas school) in (insert year)."

3. East Texas fans respond with shouts of "ARROGANCE!" or "I guess we might as well not even show up then!" or with severe gnashing of teeth.

4. If Celina wins said game, one of three things will happen...
a. We will be low class, and the East Texas fans will be "surprised such a good program would be so low class" citing one example of one play by one kid.
b. The East Texas lines will be drawn and East Texas suddenly won't include that team anymore.

So, Paris, welcome to North Central Texas.

RPF2666
09-25-2011, 11:39 AM
The yardage total was not even close. It's amazing how easily your 285 pound lineman pushed our 160 pound linemen. But what's really amazing is how a town of 5100 gets these huge lineman year after year. Must be something in the water?

I still don't buy the 'size' argument. With Roos out for over 3 quarters, our line is not close to averaging 285... I'd bet your O-line
outwieghed our, and DEFINATELY outweighed our D-Line...by a lot...

gatordaze
09-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Maybe you should take a class. Did I not say the whistle HAD blown? When whistle blows and QB is fixing to toss ball to official and gets slammed and no call made..it's pretty bad. The calls in no way affected the game and I knew I'd upset the Celina fans by speaking my mind.

Was the ref on a post route... Cause the qb was in the motion of throwing the ball.

orange machine
09-25-2011, 12:09 PM
QB got popped on the offsides because he stood 2 yards from the LOS and tried to make a play. The kids are taught to finish the play until the whistle. The Paris olineman that just stood there were really to blame.

OM, I really don't have a huge problem with the occasional offside penalty especially at nose as our quickneess will almost always equal a bad snap or two which more than makes up for the penalty yards.

Maybe Jake should wear his ipod in the game.

I wasn't talking about Jake jumping off sides he hardly ever does, but we got a few that jump tge gun often. Even at that I'm ok with it for the most part because they are amped up and ready to knock someones head off. Crap Jake if anything gets a pass anybody who can play as many plays as he does at the high level that he does every
Friday night and is such a team player I have nothing but respect and admiration for. I just won't him to stay healthy and Hopfully now that the tougher teams are out of the way he can get some rest.

orange machine
09-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Where are these 160lb linemen you are talking about? The Paris o line and d line were not that small, I don't get were y'all have 160lb linemen at? Y'all had a bunch of shorter stocky linemen but they were not small just short. The Celina linemen were alot taller before Roos when out, but pound for pound on both o lines and d lines it was pretty even. After Roos went out we went from 6'5 300 to 5'9 220 and our left guard is only 5'9 215ish if that. The oline took a hit we averaged 266 not 285 and now they Avg about 250 and I think it's really closer to 240 because some of the weights on a few linemen maybe off 5 or 10lbs. So in reality Paris was about the same if not heavier than Celina.

orange machine
09-25-2011, 12:27 PM
So what your saying OM is the refs never make a mistake....so if Celina loses a game where the refs calls are questioned your going to be the first one on to defend them?( and I am not saying the calls in this game had any affect on outcome, just want clarification)
What I'm saying is that if the whistle blew and a Celina player went on and slammed the qb the ref should have seen it. Celina jumps offside the Paris linemen don't move the player is in the motion and about to hit the qb the ref blows the whistle as the qb is being slammed if you want to call it a slam. It's hard to penalize a player when the ref blows the whistle as he is hitting the qb.

catgut
09-25-2011, 12:33 PM
I am the most objective Celina homer for what it's worth :) I'm not sure I saw the QB get slammed as he was about to toss the ball to the ref. And to be honest, catgut, this reeks of typical East Texas - plays - Celina bull. Here are the rules....

1. East Texas fan say Celina has no way of beating said East Texas team because East Texas has speed, and Celina doesn't. (And this past week add the fact that Celina can't beat Coach Bowman)

2. When Celina posters speak up to defend their team and say, "Hey, we can beat any team out there. Look at our history. We beat (insert East Texas school) in (insert year)."

3. East Texas fans respond with shouts of "ARROGANCE!" or "I guess we might as well not even show up then!" or with severe gnashing of teeth.

4. If Celina wins said game, one of three things will happen...
a. We will be low class, and the East Texas fans will be "surprised such a good program would be so low class" citing one example of one play by one kid.
b. The East Texas lines will be drawn and East Texas suddenly won't include that team anymore.

So, Paris, welcome to North Central Texas.I'll just stay in NORTH EAST Texas, but thanks anyway! Did I not say Celina had the best team? Did I not say the game was not even close? You can't stand one comment about late hits but you accuse East Texas posters as thinking Celina posters are ARROGRANT, I wonder why? There are only a very few Paris posters who look at this site. So you classify us (me) anyway you wish.
I will say that the Celina fans I met were some of the nicest I've met at any game. I was impressed at the kids at the gate thanking us for coming as we were leaving. Evidently, none of those fans are posting on this topic.

MoveInDad
09-25-2011, 04:30 PM
I'll just stay in NORTH EAST Texas, but thanks anyway! Did I not say Celina had the best team? Did I not say the game was not even close? You can't stand one comment about late hits but you accuse East Texas posters as thinking Celina posters are ARROGRANT, I wonder why? There are only a very few Paris posters who look at this site. So you classify us (me) anyway you wish.
I will say that the Celina fans I met were some of the nicest I've met at any game. I was impressed at the kids at the gate thanking us for coming as we were leaving. Evidently, none of those fans are posting on this topic.
Hey Catgut, your comments are appreciated here, thanks for coming and I hope you guys win out... until we meet again. cheers

BILLYFRED0000
09-26-2011, 06:15 AM

We are fortunate with lomhan. He can play very strong very quick.

BILLYFRED0000
09-26-2011, 06:34 AM
I'll just stay in NORTH EAST Texas, but thanks anyway! Did I not say Celina had the best team? Did I not say the game was not even close? You can't stand one comment about late hits but you accuse East Texas posters as thinking Celina posters are ARROGRANT, I wonder why? There are only a very few Paris posters who look at this site. So you classify us (me) anyway you wish.

For the record, I thought Paris looked pretty good. nice fast defense. athletic. Good skill players and special teams were'nt bad. The kids had some confidence. coach Bowman did a great job for a first year program. Those kids will be killers in a couple of years. And I believe they will make some playoff noise this year.

Gsquared
09-26-2011, 06:58 AM
GREAT win for Celina!!!!!!

ssgmp5150
09-26-2011, 04:35 PM
I thought Paris would take this one. I was smoking crack again! Congrats to the Bobcats on a solid win. Good luck on the remainder of your season.

orange machine
09-26-2011, 05:47 PM
I thought Paris would take this one. I was smoking crack again! Congrats to the Bobcats on a solid win. Good luck on the remainder of your season.
You farmersville folk smoke that stuff often huh?