PDA

View Full Version : Cuer0-10

Snotbubbles
09-17-2011, 11:27 PM
Has Cuero ever gone 0-10?

Tejastrue
09-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Has Cuero ever gone 0-10?

:thinking: Something tells me you're enjoying Cuero's recent struggles.

Snotbubbles
09-17-2011, 11:37 PM

Not sure enjoying is the proper word. Curious is all. They are one of the elite 3A programs in the state, and when they are doing something so un-Cuero like, just wondering if a 0-10 has ever happened to them before.

Let the record reflect, I do think they will beat Poteet. But, was just wondering if they have ever gone 0-10.

They also have a impressive district winning streak going I believe. What is it, like 70 straight?

Tejastrue
09-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Not sure enjoying is the proper word. Curious is all. They are one of the elite 3A programs in the state, and when they are doing something so un-Cuero like, just wondering if a 0-10 has ever happened to them before.

Kind of like rubbing salt in an open wound wouldn't you say? Oh well...

Snotbubbles
09-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Kind of like rubbing salt in an open wound wouldn't you say? Oh well...

Good grief, I'm just asking a question. 44 keeps up with stuff like that, and I was just asking if this elite school ever went winless.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2011, 12:06 AM
They have never gone 0-10. They went 0-8 in 1939, and 0-9-1 in 1960. And, they will not go 0-10 this year either.

warpath
09-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Coach owens is a good guy and has played a brutal schedule!!! Good luck coach until you play us

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 12:30 AM
I wouldnt go betting against Cuero to make the play offs.

Gontex
09-18-2011, 07:04 AM
I wouldnt go betting against Cuero to make the play offs.

I definitely agree with you Wimbo pro, Gobblers have been too good for too long. They are going to win some games, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see them right in the mix when this thing is all said and done. They have played some very good football teams and they will continue to improve. You can't replace the king of the hill until you knock him off, and so far, that hasn't happened.

warhorsejoe
09-18-2011, 09:27 AM
I see Cuero making the playoffs they played a brutal schedule and most teams in 3A would be 0-3 with that schedule.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Coach owens is a good guy and has played a brutal schedule!!! Good luck coach until you play us

I agree with Coach Lock here. The toughest schedule IMO in 3A. And, they encountered it with several players out they said. Best wishes to those out and hope they get healthy soon.

Coach Lock, congrats to ya'll too going 4-0. Pretty solid club you have there. We'll coached and a determined squad. Our OSB Defense will have to fly to the ball again this Friday. Hit whatever moves and be relentless for 48 minutes. See ya'll have us for homecoming. Hope we can continue to be crowned homecoming king. Last 2 weeks we've played in homecomings.

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2011, 11:05 AM

Yeah the title of the thread says it all. I'm sure he'll say it was just a typo though. :rolleyes:

Tejastrue
09-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Yeah the title of the thread says it all. I'm sure he'll say it was just a typo though. :rolleyes:

Probably patting himself on the back and smiling in the mirror for coming up with that one.:D

Manso/V8
09-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Gotta admit that the "typo" title got me curious enough to read the thread.
No way Cuero goes 0-10, they put up a good fight against our team, and had flashes of real strength.
They will pull it together and get some W's, don't know enough about their district to say how that will go and if playoffs are in their future.

I wouldn't want any high school kid, or program, to experience an 0-10 season.

12thMan
09-21-2011, 07:52 PM
A schedule like this makes the team a whole lot better I think. A few years ago, people were complaining we weren't playing better teams to prepare them for the playoffs. They have played the best of the best of 3A and know exactly what to expect this in the playoffs. I hope they get healthy and earn a spot this year.

There's no doubt about it.....Owens is a heck of a coach! They'll be ready this week!

Blue42
09-24-2011, 01:00 AM
Cuero 23 Pleasanton 8
The Gobblers came out strong then got the fumbling fits we had 5 fumbles and lost all 5 and came out flat in the second half the Eagles TD came on a 40 yard fumble recovery and we attempted I think 2 pass plays with 0 yards It was a ugly game but a win never the less .
Sorry the Gobblers busted your 0-10 SnotBubble.

Gontex
09-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Cuero 23 Pleasanton 8
The Gobblers came out strong then got the fumbling fits we had 5 fumbles and lost all 5 and came out flat in the second half the Eagles TD came on a 40 yard fumble recovery and we attempted I think 2 pass plays with 0 yards It was a ugly game but a win never the less .
Sorry the Gobblers busted your 0-10 SnotBubble.

Way to go, Gobblers. This is really what I expected you to do. Wouldn't be surprised to see you reel off 2-3 or more in a row.

NewSherriff
09-25-2011, 10:33 AM
2 or 3 more??? Gobblers reel off the next 6 and will be a force in the playoffs as usual. Things are coming together now. Adding the the kid that moved back from California is a big positive. Went to school in Cuero up to Junior High and moved back. Best athlete on the team. Cuero is getting 3 or 4 more injured back next week and then will have the off week to get everyone at full speed. With the experience some of their younger players and bench have gotten against some great teams, Cuero is going to be deep and tough by the Yoakum game. Need to get Harvey back soon. 300 lb quality lineman that is losing valuable recruiting with every week he misses.

BigGreen61
09-25-2011, 04:54 PM
2 or 3 more??? Gobblers reel off the next 6 and will be a force in the playoffs as usual. Things are coming together now. Adding the the kid that moved back from California is a big positive. Went to school in Cuero up to Junior High and moved back. Best athlete on the team. Cuero is getting 3 or 4 more injured back next week and then will have the off week to get everyone at full speed. With the experience some of their younger players and bench have gotten against some great teams, Cuero is going to be deep and tough by the Yoakum game. Need to get Harvey back soon. 300 lb quality lineman that is losing valuable recruiting with every week he misses.

I Agree NS My son will be back Oct 4th with something to prove. He have a couple of schools looking at him an he been invited to 2 football camps this summer. Iam just going to put it in gods hands & let him work it out. keep him in your prayers. Because its been hard on him watching from the sidelines