PDA

View Full Version : 44's Prayers Request

44INAROW
09-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Hi Downlow friends........ Please add my husband, Travis aka PeeWee, to your prayer list. He is having major surgery Monday - he is having a bowel resection with approx 24 inches of his left sigmoid colon being removed. He has been battling diverticulitous for 3 years and his last bout in May just about perforated and it's time to get this fixed. We've been dealing with doctors all over south Texas and test all summer and FINALLY got the clearance to do the surgery. They originally thought he had colon cancer, OMG talk about stress, but they are 99.9999% sure he doesn't but won't know for sure until they open him up". Tomorrow, he does his "Golitely clean out" 3rd one since June so he is an old hand at that (by the way, there is NOTHING LIGHTLY about Golitely lol).
Emotionally, he is ready to get this taken care of, and he is aware there is a slight chance he'll have a colostomy bag but the surgeon really doesn't think that will happen. We are looking at ICU for 2 days, regular room for 5 - so hopefully he'll come home next Sunday. He is totally computer illiterate but he got an Iphone in June, and has mastered (sortof) playing Texas Holdem and Solitaire and messing with Youtube and Email, so that will help occupy his time in the hospital.. Anyway please say a prayer that all goes well and they don't find any cancer and he doesn't have to have the "bag"... He quit smoking in May, when he has his last attack, so that should help his recovery some. thank you so much :)

garciap77
09-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Prayers sent!

Tejastrue
09-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Prayers from Wimberley!!

Yoe_09
09-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Prayers from Cameron.

LionFan72
09-18-2011, 01:25 AM
Prayers sent. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

sinton66
09-18-2011, 05:04 AM
Prayers for both of you. Good luck PeeWee!

R1Editor
09-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Thinking and praying for you 44

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Best of luck! I'll keep both of you in my prayers! :kiss:

SintonFan
09-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Prayers sent.

Roughneck93
09-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Prayers sent.

zebrablue2
09-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Prayers said and sent!!!

YTBulldogs
09-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Thoughts and well wishes sent from your neighbors to the north. God speed.

lulu
09-18-2011, 08:31 PM
My prayers are with you and your husband.

Please play for me too. I lost my husband last Sunday and had his service on Wednesday. I miss him so much already.

Phil C
09-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Prayers sent.

Me too.

44INAROW
09-18-2011, 10:05 PM
My prayers are with you and your husband.

Please play for me too. I lost my husband last Sunday and had his service on Wednesday. I miss him so much already.

Lulu, I was so sorry when I read about your husband. Had he been sick? I lost a dear girlfriend last Sunday (48 yrs old) to a heart attack - no warning - she had been at a dinner party - went to a friends, slumped over and never woke up.. Hold your loved ones closely.. Please you know you are in my prayers Lulu
PeeWee drank his gallon of Golitely - and ate his Jello and drank some broth for lunch.. he is still up -(10:15pm) he has to take more antibiotics at 11pm - then we'll try to get a few hours of sleep before we wake up to take MORE meds at 3 AM - we need to leave the house about 5:15AM - his mental status is good.. he's just ready to get this overwith.. I am confident in the surgeon and even have a friend who'll be in the OR while he's being operated on. Just pray they don't have to do the BAG - but if so, we'll deal with that................... I'll try to post an update but my Blackberry's browser sucks but I'll have PeeWee's Iphone, maybe I can figure it out on his.. thanks everyone :)

AP Panther Fan
09-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Lorey, I hope you guys are doing okay...I have been thinking about you and hoping for the best. Please shoot me an e-mail when you get a chance.

Lulu, I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts during the difficult days to come. If you get bored, you can come hang out with me on the non-sports forum. We can take turns telling jokes, swapping recipes or just whatever you feel like talking about.:)

44INAROW
09-21-2011, 09:44 AM
things are progressing as planned. hope they start taking tubes out today (Weds) still nothing by mouth (since Saturday night) he is a "little irritable" lol.. to say the least.

trojandad
09-21-2011, 08:30 PM
things are progressing as planned. hope they start taking tubes out today (Weds) still nothing by mouth (since Saturday night) he is a "little irritable" lol.. to say the least.

so glad to hear...you both, and kids, are in our prayers.....

44INAROW
09-22-2011, 02:10 PM
so glad to hear...you both, and kids, are in our prayers.....
thanks............ so glad he is coherent and able to use his IPhone - he's able to play Texas Holdem lol... and text and email so that's good. He has been walking up and down the halls alot today - trying to get "things moving" so they can remove that freaking NG Tube.. Headed over to see him after work.. I am afraid he's there through the weekend.. thank heavens for college football :)

Cam
09-22-2011, 04:05 PM
thanks............ so glad he is coherent and able to use his IPhone - he's able to play Texas Holdem lol... and text and email so that's good. He has been walking up and down the halls alot today - trying to get "things moving" so they can remove that freaking NG Tube.. Headed over to see him after work.. I am afraid he's there through the weekend.. thank heavens for college football :)

sounds like he's gonna be fine!.....wait a minute!...is the "thank heavens for college football" comment for you or him?? lol....... :)

Cam
09-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Lorey, I hope you guys are doing okay...I have been thinking about you and hoping for the best. Please shoot me an e-mail when you get a chance.

Lulu, I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts during the difficult days to come. If you get bored, you can come hang out with me on the non-sports forum. We can take turns telling jokes, swapping recipes or just whatever you feel like talking about.:)

that goes for me too Lulu!....I love jokes!....don't ya'll dare leave me out of it!!....as for recipes, the only real good one I have is for my momma's soppapilla's....but they're so much work (kneading and stuff) that I only make them on New Years eve.....

Old Dog
09-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Prayers from the rockpile in Burnet County.