PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW: Wimberely @ Sealy

Pages : [1] 2

sTxforlife
09-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Well its finally here, the matchup Sealy has waited a year for to get revenge on the Texans for last year's game. Sealy comes off a 35-16 win over La Grange while Wimberely comes off a 49-6 win over La Vernia. Both teams are looking good so this should be a good game. Who ya got?

Saggy Aggie
09-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Well its finally here, the matchup Sealy has waited a year for to get revenge on the Texans for last year's game. Sealy comes off a 35-16 win over La Grange while Wimberely comes off a 49-6 win over La Vernia. Both teams are looking good so this should be a good game. Who ya got?
Sealy must not have a defense if they gave up 16 to LG and 38 to CL. Wimberley is gonna torch Sealy's defense.

Wimberley 45
Sealy 24

1st and goal
09-17-2011, 02:45 PM
I will be totally surprised if Sealy could win this one. Wimberley has to key on 1 or 2 players and make sure those 1 or 2 don't beat them.

Hope it is a hard fought, clean game.

Oh yea, almost forgot, I thinks Wibruly gots somethin for Jimmy. Jimmy not seen a team like this for long time. Ees nots gonna be purdy. Sorry Jimmy, waz can I say?:ack!::wave::stirpot::1popcorn::crazy::1popcor n:

Snotbubbles
09-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Wimberley on a mission. Nelms got a stacked deck. Sealy missing what they must have to contend, a defense.

Texans 45
Sealy 14

Roughneck93
09-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Texans win 42-21.

ExScoop
09-17-2011, 03:36 PM
It will be a much closer game-Tigers will give Texans a fight

957tiger
09-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Some teams are expected to win everytime they step on the field. For a long time that team was Sealy. This year Sealy is struggling with size. We just don't have the 300 hundred pound linemen, never really did, that a lot of other teams have. Funny thing is that the Tigers have beat good teams this year with speed and technique. They have more than just 1 or 2 key players. There are several other players who contribute on every play. Without a doubt this is Wimberley's year. Anything less than going deep into December would be considered a huge disappointment. Can one player make a difference, ask the Zach Henshaw fans in Canyon Lake.

Sealy has a remarkable athlete in QB Seals-Jones. Last night he was stopped cold on several runs only to turn it into positive gains. His friend RB Jowan Davis is another player who can grind away at opposing defenses. His size is perfect for the type of offense Sealy now plays. The Tigers realize their backs are against the wall. No one at either school has forgotten the final three minutes of the game last year. The Texans relaxed and the Tigers found a way to make it close, right to the blown call at the end.

If the Tigers can play smart ball, limit their mistakes and be patient they can give Wimberley a good game. If they listen to the hype and mail in a loss then that's exactly what will happen. Coach Mitchell has done a remarkable job with the team and talent level this year and sometimes the underdog can put up a good fight. Look for a good game between a team that is expected to win and a team that wants to win.

sTxforlife
09-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Some teams are expected to win everytime they step on the field. For a long time that team was Sealy. This year Sealy is struggling with size. We just don't have the 300 hundred pound linemen, never really did, that a lot of other teams have. Funny thing is that the Tigers have beat good teams this year with speed and technique. They have more than just 1 or 2 key players. There are several other players who contribute on every play. Without a doubt this is Wimberley's year. Anything less than going deep into December would be considered a huge disappointment. Can one player make a difference, ask the Zach Henshaw fans in Canyon Lake.

Sealy has a remarkable athlete in QB Seals-Jones. Last night he was stopped cold on several runs only to turn it into positive gains. His friend RB Jowan Davis is another player who can grind away at opposing defenses. His size is perfect for the type of offense Sealy now plays. The Tigers realize their backs are against the wall. No one at either school has forgotten the final three minutes of the game last year. The Texans relaxed and the Tigers found a way to make it close, right to the blown call at the end.

If the Tigers can play smart ball, limit their mistakes and be patient they can give Wimberley a good game. If they listen to the hype and mail in a loss then that's exactly what will happen. Coach Mitchell has done a remarkable job with the team and talent level this year and sometimes the underdog can put up a good fight. Look for a good game between a team that is expected to win and a team that wants to win.
Very well said, i know that the few players that are back from the team last year havent forgotten that loss, and hopefully they will step up and help the younger kids along to make it a competitive game. I look for a hard fought game from both sides.

lbjacj
09-17-2011, 05:39 PM
"right to the blown call at the end"

No one in Wimberley thinks he made it in and no one in Sealy thinks he didn't. The only thing that matters is what the refs called and I never saw a replay that proved he crossed the goal line.

This is a scary game for the Texans. I'm sure the Tigers will bring their best effort and so will the Texans. Hopefully both teams will be injury free. Should be a great game!

957tiger
09-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Since I brought up the word blown call. I did see the film from several angles. First it showed the runner clearly 2 yards in the endzone, stretched out across another player on the ground. It showed the back judge acknowlege the score. The official who called the runner down was on the opposite side of the field. It was his ability to see through a tangle of legs and bodies that resulted in a decision that gave Wimberley the victory. And by the way Wimberley was the better team that night.

As for everyone in Wimberley saying it was short. I don't think so. The collective silence from the stands and sidelines was obvious as was the initial reaction from the Texan defense, right up until the time the official sprinted in and around the players to point to the spot he "saw" the runners knee hit the ground. It is what it is. The point I was making was the Texans had the Tigers. Two onside kicks and recoveries gave the Tiger the opportunity to win out against a better team. The Sealy stands were thinning out prior to the excitement at the end of the game. One team was favored to win, while the other team put itself in a position to win. Just like the movie implies, "on any given Sunday". Being heavily favored makes for good discussion, but coaches seldom buy into it. They let the fans do that.

lbjacj
09-17-2011, 07:04 PM
nm .................................................. ...............................................

sTxforlife
09-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Since I brought up the word blown call. I did see the film from several angles. First it showed the runner clearly 2 yards in the endzone, stretched out across another player on the ground. It showed the back judge acknowlege the score. The official who called the runner down was on the opposite side of the field. It was his ability to see through a tangle of legs and bodies that resulted in a decision that gave Wimberley the victory. And by the way Wimberley was the better team that night.

As for everyone in Wimberley saying it was short. I don't think so. The collective silence from the stands and sidelines was obvious as was the initial reaction from the Texan defense, right up until the time the official sprinted in and around the players to point to the spot he "saw" the runners knee hit the ground. It is what it is. The point I was making was the Texans had the Tigers. Two onside kicks and recoveries gave the Tiger the opportunity to win out against a better team. The Sealy stands were thinning out prior to the excitement at the end of the game. One team was favored to win, while the other team put itself in a position to win. Just like the movie implies, "on any given Sunday". Being heavily favored makes for good discussion, but coaches seldom buy into it. They let the fans do that.
completely agree, being a player on the field at that time, the texans defense and their fans knew he made it in, the defense's heads were down and the crowd was silent

lbjacj
09-17-2011, 07:22 PM
http://mason-photography.com/2/b7a38#/gallery/football-texans-31-sealy-30/sealy-90381/

2 yards?

sTxforlife
09-17-2011, 07:25 PM
http://mason-photography.com/2/b7a38#/gallery/football-texans-31-sealy-30/sealy-90381/

2 yards?
that doesnt help ur case at all, he's clearly in the endzone

YTBulldogs
09-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Nice photos, but--don't show if knee was down prior to breaking GL. Was that the Austin Chapter by chance in that game?

sTxforlife
09-17-2011, 07:53 PM
of course

YTBulldogs
09-17-2011, 08:00 PM
of course

Yikes, we got that chapter this Friday in GZ.

sTxforlife
09-17-2011, 08:01 PM
good luck, they're like a 12th man for the other team

Snotbubbles
09-17-2011, 08:08 PM
good luck, they're like a 12th man for the other team

Ask Coach Dumont of Pleasanton about that chapter last year in Gonzales:)

Tejastrue
09-17-2011, 08:30 PM
We gotta relive this over again? The blown call as you guys say was not the reason Sealy lost. It was the other 46 plus minutes of the game. If I recall, we had a 3rd qtr TD taken away with a phantom holding penalty. There has not been a Wimberley person here stating a blowout by the Texans. I think we've shown nothing but respect for Sealy and consider this game to be a big challenge. Just a few weeks ago we were debating over which school we felt would have the best chance to pin a loss on us during the regular season. Guess who was one of those teams. Yes, we want and expect to win. Success breeds confidence. It's the reason you play the game.

PS: sTXforlife, come on man, if you're gonna start a thread involving Wimberley, could you at least spell our name right...:wave:

Tiger Dad
09-17-2011, 08:54 PM
So Tejas, the last 2 minutes don't count ? Last time i checked the game was 48 minutes long. When your argument is weak pick on the other guys spelling .
You won't have your refs this year. You should kick our butts lets see if yall do. What do we have to lose, no one expects us to win. All the pressure is on yall.

Tejastrue
09-17-2011, 09:04 PM
So Tejas, the last 2 minutes don't count ? Last time i checked the game was 48 minutes long. When your argument is weak pick on the other guys spelling .
You won't have your refs this year. You should kick our butts lets see if yall do. What do we have to lose, no one expects us to win. All the pressure is on yall.

Did you even understand my post? You missed the point completely.:doh:

wimbo_pro
09-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Oh good lord. These guys...sheesh. Two yards in the endzone? Thats 6 feets, people. Go look at the photos and tell me if he is SIX FEET in the end zone.

To argue whether he crossed the goal line is worthy of discussion. To argue whether his knee touched, who knows, i didnt see it from my vantage point, but still a worthy discussion. But to say he was "TWO YARDS in the end zone" speaks to one credibility and...yes....intelligence. Especially for someone who says they saw the tapes. Good lord....biased is one thing, blinding bias is another.

Seals-Jones is the real deal, quite the athlete. He has a good future if he stays healthy. I think we will be too much for Sealy, over all. But there is always that chance that we come out flat and get a home team whoopin'. I highly doubt it, but its possible. Wimberley +17

Tiger Dad
09-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Oh good lord. These guys...sheesh. Two yards in the endzone? Thats 6 feets, people. Go look at the photos and tell me if he is SIX FEET in the end zone.

To argue whether he crossed the goal line is worthy of discussion. To argue whether his knee touched, who knows, i didnt see it from my vantage point, but still a worthy discussion. But to say he was "TWO YARDS in the end zone" speaks to one credibility and...yes....intelligence. Especially for someone who says they saw the tapes. Good lord....biased is one thing, blinding bias is another.

Seals-Jones is the real deal, quite the athlete. He has a good future if he stays healthy. I think we will be too much for Sealy, over all. But there is always that chance that we come out flat and get a home team whoopin'. I highly doubt it, but its possible. Wimberley +17

STX should know Seals-Jones was laying on his back in the endzone.

gold_33
09-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Dont see Sealy stopping us, if the same Canyon Lake team that allowed 23pts to LaVernia beat yall then yall are in trouble. Dont care about last year thats over and done with. Sealy better be focused on this year because we are better than last year and we whipped yall all game long bad til we mailed it in to early but i can guarantee you that wont happen this year. Wim 48 Sealy 14

wimbo_pro
09-17-2011, 10:23 PM
STX should know Seals-Jones was laying on his back in the endzone.

Uh-huh. Well....go look at pic 42 of 48. He is on his back, and his shoulder in just past the line, and the ball is arguably just over the goal line (remember they said his knee had touched previously). NOT...repeat...NOT.....repeat...NOT...repeat NOT six feet in the end zone!! What else do you need to prove undeniably that he was NOT six feet in the end zone??? I cannot believe you guys!!! Are you really that biased??? Look at the pic!!!!

It's right there for you to see, but yet you say "STX should know..." MY GOD PEOPLE!!!! What is wrong with you guys?

sTxforlife
09-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Uh-huh. Well....go look at pic 42 of 48. He is on his back, and his shoulder in just past the line, and the ball is arguably just over the goal line (remember they said his knee had touched previously). NOT...repeat...NOT.....repeat...NOT...repeat NOT six feet in the end zone!! What else do you need to prove undeniably that he was NOT six feet in the end zone??? I cannot believe you guys!!! Are you really that biased??? Look at the pic!!!!

It's right there for you to see, but yet you say "STX should know..." MY GOD PEOPLE!!!! What is wrong with you guys?
I was the left guard, the play was 13 lead and designed to go right over me and Seals Jones made it in on top of me in the end zone after my man was underneath me, end of discussion.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 12:28 AM
I was the left guard, the play was 13 lead and designed to go right over me and Seals Jones made it in on top of me in the end zone after my man was underneath me, end of discussion.

So the pic lies? So someone DRUG him back onto the field from being SIX FEET in?? Explain the pic. You can't. It's not possible. End of a ridiculous discussion.

sTxforlife
09-18-2011, 12:31 AM
So the pic lies? So someone DRUG him back onto the field from being SIX FEET in?? Explain the pic. You can't. It's not possible. End of a ridiculous discussion.
Never did i say that he was 6 feet in the endzone i said he was clearly in the endzone, before u put words in someone's mouth maybe u should see what that person said

Tiger Dad
09-18-2011, 12:32 AM

Yea your not biased at all little lady. Still pics mean nothing. Pick the one in a series that proves your point you sound like the liberal media.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Yea your not biased at all little lady. Still pics mean nothing. Pick the one in a series that proves your point you sound like the liberal media.

I am definitely biased, and will admit it. But I am not stupid enough to say "two yards deep" when the pic proves it isnt so. You wont admit THAT. Oh, by the way...you lost the game. No still pic will show THAT either, eh? LOL

sTxforlife
09-18-2011, 12:40 AM
I am definitely biased, and will admit it. But I am not stupid enough to say "two yards deep" when the pic proves it isnt so. You wont admit THAT. Oh, by the way...you lost the game. No still pic will show THAT either, eh? LOL
I think its funny how this guy says that we all said he was "two yards deep" when only one sealy person has said that

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 12:43 AM
I think its funny how this guy says that we all said he was "two yards deep" when only one sealy person has said that

The fact you dont say that is a relief from the stupidity we have been hearing out of Sealy since that night. Glad to see there is at least one person in Sealy here who isnt that ridiculous. Good on you. And for the record, I was standing near the concession stand along the fence, to the right of the goal post (my right). I couldnt tell from my vantage point, but i knew it was close.

sTxforlife
09-18-2011, 12:46 AM
The fact you dont say that is a relief from the stupidity we have been hearing out of Sealy since that night. Glad to see there is at least one person in Sealy here who isnt that ridiculous. Good on you. And for the record, I was standing near the concession stand along the fence, to the right of the goal post (my right). I couldnt tell from my vantage point, but i knew it was close.
For the record, im not tryin to start anything else, i was involved in the play and Seals Jones was laying on top of me in the endzone and plus the reaction of the stands and defense when i looked up made me sure he had made it in

Tiger Dad
09-18-2011, 12:50 AM
So now all Sealy people are stupid and ridiculous.

sinton66
09-18-2011, 06:38 AM
I watched it live from the beyond the endzone coming straight at me and although I saw it as very close, I didn't think he made it in. I know I had a better vantage point than any people sitting in either stands. That said, all of this is a moot point. The only thing that counts is the ref's ruling, and it is what it is. Should make for an interesting contest this year.

HEMOTOXIC
09-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Wimberely by 21 only because the game is being played in Sealy. Otherwise, I would go with the Texans by more.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 11:03 AM
I watched it live from the beyond the endzone coming straight at me and although I saw it as very close, I didn't think he made it in. I know I had a better vantage point than any people sitting in either stands. That said, all of this is a moot point. The only thing that counts is the ref's ruling, and it is what it is. Should make for an interesting contest this year.

Well said Sinton66. I didnt see the knee touch either...how could I if they were coming straight at me (more or less)? Either way, it was CLOSE. But you wont get these guys to admit that. Anyways...I do think we should win this game, and possibly blow it out. But Sealy has a long history and tradition, so never count them out.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 11:09 AM
So now all Sealy people are stupid and ridiculous.

No one said "all Sealy people". Only those from Sealy who have said such things here on the board, even after seeing the proof of him NOT being two yards deep in the end zone. THOSE people are not only stupid, they are blindly stupid. NOTE: I am refering ONLY to the two yard deep comment...so dont take this out of context. We both can agree or disagree on the TD, thats a fair disagreement with no real proof either way. The "two yards deep" charge is plainly and obviously proven false, and anyone who keeps saying it (after seeing the pics) is stupid. Very stupid.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 11:12 AM
For the record, im not tryin to start anything else, i was involved in the play and Seals Jones was laying on top of me in the endzone and plus the reaction of the stands and defense when i looked up made me sure he had made it in

I understand your point STX...but with all due respect...since you are admitting you were on the ground and the play was more or less taking place over you and on top of you, there is no way you can offer a view needed to see either issue...the knee touch or the breaking of the plane. There are Texans who were standing above you who are as convinced as you are that he did indeed touch his knee, and they had a better view than you did. So who do you believe? Whatcha gonna do? The call was made...

I hear you guys get your share of contrverial calls too, by the way.

TigerPride12
09-18-2011, 11:21 AM
I say last year is behind us...What matters is the the game this Friday night. I know both teams will be prepared and it should be a hard fought game.

HSFB
09-18-2011, 11:24 AM

2 yards?

Yup, the helmet is clearly in the endzone but, last time I checked, it is the football that counts and that appears to be tucked in to his lower belly which leves it HIGHLY debatable if it has inched over or not......and I will say not. To say that it was a clear touchdown is just a damn stupid homer observation.

Tejastrue
09-18-2011, 11:30 AM

Appreciate your post Sinton66.. especially knowing that it comes from a neutral spectator.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Yup, the helmet is clearly in the endzone but, last time I checked, it is the football that counts and that appears to be tucked in to his lower belly which leves it HIGHLY debatable if it has inched over or not......and I will say not. To say that it was a clear touchdown is just a damn stupid homer observation.

Exactly HSFB, and that doesnt even take into account the "knee" issue.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 11:31 AM
I say last year is behind us...What matters is the the game this Friday night. I know both teams will be prepared and it should be a hard fought game.

I agree TigerPride...but at least we have a little fireworks going on an otherwise slow thread!! LOL...good luck Friday.

trojandad
09-18-2011, 11:45 AM
I hear you guys get your share of contrverial calls too, by the way.

and they get calls going their way as well....in 95 they were in the middle of their 5 year run when we played them in the semis in the dome....we were down 21-0 at half, came back with isaac white running on what turned out later to be a broken ankle (he went out on one of the first few plays of the game and stayed out all half) for right at 180 second half yards and 2 tds.....but sealy got the call with seconds left in the game or else itd be tied or wed be going for the lead....so that rickety old door of good and bad calls definitely swings both ways.....

ogg
09-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Personally, I would’ve kicked the extra point and tried to win it in overtime, Sealy had the momentum. The kicker was good and made every pat all night. Going for two to win is a gamble, Graham lost a playoff game two years ago doing the same thing.

The silence on the Wimberley crowd meant nothing; they couldn’t tell it he made it in or not. I was standing down from the goal line and he looked short to me but I can’t swear to it. I do think the crowd and me found it odd the way coach Mitchell choose to show his players how to act and respond to things that don’t go as planned.

Look forward to this Sealy game; sure both teams will test one another well.

Tejastrue
09-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Which Chapter will be officiating Friday's game? Gotta make sure they get the same benefits package. Must be unbiased you know....

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Personally, I would’ve kicked the extra point and tried to win it in overtime, Sealy had the momentum. The kicker was good and made every pat all night. Going for two to win is a gamble, Graham lost a playoff game two years ago doing the same thing.

The silence on the Wimberley crowd meant nothing; they couldn’t tell it he made it in or not. I was standing down from the goal line and he looked short to me but I can’t swear to it. I do think the crowd and me found it odd the way coach Mitchell choose to show his players how to act and respond to things that don’t go as planned.

Yeah...the coach made a fool of himself, costing his team a kick off from far back. And, he was ejected. Didnt he apologize for his childish actions?

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Which Chapter will be officiating Friday's game? Gotta make sure they get the same benefits package. Must be unbiased you know....

I heard they dont charge as much, but want full insurance and comp time.

TigerPride12
09-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Wimbo_Pro: Yes it's always good to stir the pot a little haha good luck to you as well! I know Friday we will definately have a playoff type atmosphere!

Sportshack
09-18-2011, 11:55 AM
completely agree, being a player on the field at that time, the texans defense and their fans knew he made it in, the defense's heads were down and the crowd was silent

Well I was in stands and one thing I know for sure is that no one in the stands from either side knows!!! Seal-Jones was definitely horizontal and burrowing...soooo could his have knee touched down...maybe maybe not! The quiet came from everyone waiting to see what refs would call on very close play that no one could tell for sure what happened!! I also know that WHS pretty well handled Sealy in that game until last 1:20 when the wheels fell off. Recall Smith had 17 TD run called back that would have given WHS 21 point lead with 3:00 to go. I am sure Sealy felt ref got that call right. Probably did.

The game at hand. Seal-jones is a handful and will make some plays against WHS. Unless Canyon Lake game was an aberration Sealy cannot throw very well and that could hurt against WHS as they seem to have a pretty salty front 7 to 8 against the run. Again...Seals-Jones is a guy who will make some big plays based on offensive scheme.

Sealy will not have to deal with Smith...who is also a difference maker on both sides of ball. However, they will have to contend with Blakemore who was out in last year's game and he is another difference maker. The WHS offensive line is a question mark in the game. Also Sealy looks like it might have some guys who can play a little in secondary as Canyon Lake did not throw particularly well against them and that is usually CL's forte. The WHS offense is very, very multiple and that creates problems.

It will probably be a better game than a lot of folks think. In my one chance to watch Sealy they did not look as good as last year's team year and WHS is pretty close to as talented a team if not better. WHS ran the ball better last year but is passing ball much better this year so I will give WHS the nod but again...the Seals-Jones kid was hard for Canyon Lake to control as a running QB. Sounds like he did some of same things to LaGrange.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Wimbo_Pro: Yes it's always good to stir the pot a little haha good luck to you as well! I know Friday we will definately have a playoff type atmosphere!

Good luck to you guys too...no injuries, I hope. Whats your opinion on your teams strengths/weaknesses compared to last year? Younger team? Older?

ogg
09-18-2011, 12:03 PM
LMK, My wife canned jelly the other day. LOL

sTxforlife
09-18-2011, 12:04 PM

We were told that if we would have kicked the extra point it would've ended in a tie since it was a non district game

sTxforlife
09-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Yeah...the coach made a fool of himself, costing his team a kick off from far back. And, he was ejected. Didnt he apologize for his childish actions?
I for one was extremely proud of the way my coach conducted himself, he did apologize to everyone, but i was never more proud to call that man my coach than at that moment.

ogg
09-18-2011, 12:08 PM
No ties? Really?

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 12:11 PM
I for one was extremely proud of the way my coach conducted himself, he did apologize to everyone, but i was never more proud to call that man my coach than at that moment.

Really?? Gettng two penalties as he was at mid-field sceaming like a child on a call that was obviously close? And then getting kicked out, costing your kickoff to be out-of-range for a last second come back?? AND...then he apologizes (cuz he knew he was wrong-good on him)...and you were the MOST proud of him for that display of lack of control and class???

Wow. We see values differently, I suppose.

trojandad
09-18-2011, 12:14 PM
alright wimberly fans, answer me this....do you guys think you should win this game against sealy by at least a couple of scores in order to deserve a top 5 ranking? cause i dont see sealy on many radars....could this be a telling game even if it goes down in the win column but only slightly so?

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 12:17 PM
alright wimberly fans, answer me this....do you guys think you should win this game against sealy by at least a couple of scores in order to deserve a top 5 ranking? cause i dont see sealy on many radars....could this be a telling game even if it goes down in the win column but only slightly so?

I think any win will keep us in the top 5, and if we blow them out completely, I dont think it will move the polls much, if at all. A loss could drop us a bit, but still top 10, in my view. But none of that is important, as I am sure you know.

Sportshack
09-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Really?? Gettng two penalties as he was at mid-field sceaming like a child on a call that was obviously close? And then getting kicked out, costing your kickoff to be out-of-range for a last second come back?? AND...then he apologizes (cuz he knew he was wrong-good on him)...and you were the MOST proud of him for that display of lack of control and class???

Post penalties and ejection Sealy 2nd successful onside kick from their own 10 yard line. Ended up with ball on picture perfect execution about their own 25 yd line. Ran wide receiver screen that picked up around 30 yards. Imagine getting onside kick about our 45 yd line with one play left....hmmmmmmm.

trojandad
09-18-2011, 12:26 PM
I think any win will keep us in the top 5, and if we blow them out completely, I dont think it will move the polls much, if at all. A loss could drop us a bit, but still top 10, in my view. But none of that is important, as I am sure you know.

i agree, any win should keep you right where you are in the polls....but im talking what your team would be like under other competition....for instance, chapel hill beat carthage by a point but nobody was talking about how they should keep their ranking, they were talking about how beatable they are, especially with lindale coming up....do you guys realistically think thast if you have a difficult time with sealy that it might be a sign of how youd match up later with upper echilon teams?

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 12:33 PM
i agree, any win should keep you right where you are in the polls....but im talking what your team would be like under other competition....for instance, chapel hill beat carthage by a point but nobody was talking about how they should keep their ranking, they were talking about how beatable they are, especially with lindale coming up....do you guys realistically think thast if you have a difficult time with sealy that it might be a sign of how youd match up later with upper echilon teams?

I think that would be a fair statement. But the score isnt the only thing, as you know. Lets say they dominate us all game, but in the last Q we go up 2 or 3 TD's for the win. Our poor performance (even in an apparent big margin win) would do the same thing to the ranking, I would think.

Tiger Dad
09-18-2011, 12:50 PM

You talk about Mitchell. What about your coach allowing criminals back on your team. That sends a nice message.

ogg
09-18-2011, 12:51 PM

Good point T-dad, to me----

Rankings are mean very little. All teams are on the learning curve right now, as is Wimberley. Would rather win by one and learn than blow out a team and learn nothing.

ogg
09-18-2011, 12:56 PM
You talk about Mitchell. What about your coach allowing criminals back on your team. That sends a nice message.

I'll take Nelms any day of the week. And out boys are great kids----ALL OF THEM!!!!

YTBulldogs
09-18-2011, 12:57 PM

I knew the "law" would be brought into this.:eek:

sTxforlife
09-18-2011, 12:57 PM

We obviously see values differently, i love the fact that my coach would defend his team to the point of getting kicked out of the game and i hope that any coach would do the same for his team, he was mad about the fact that an official that had an obscured view of the play overruled the official that signaled a good 2 point conversion that was 2 yards from the play, he apologized not because he was wrong but because it hurt us as a team. So yes i was MOST proud of him for this.

sTxforlife
09-18-2011, 12:58 PM
I'll take Nelms any day of the week. And out boys are great kids----ALL OF THEM!!!!
yep because stealing from other teammates makes you a "great kid"

trojandad
09-18-2011, 12:59 PM
heres why i mention it, last year at the game with you guys a coldspring man had a guy sitting with him with a texan hat on,and was talking like he followed you guys (you know how fans are, he coulda known a lot or a little)....he was saying he completely expected theresult on the field once wimberly got out of region play because reg 4 was down except for the stud rb from cuero and he had little team around him....he said neither wimberly or cuero could compete in reg 2 play last year....

no matter how right or wrong he was, ive had that in the back of my head all year whileweve been steamrolling teams, i mean kirbyville is way down, crockett is down, would love to say they are up and were mosters, but they are not anywhere near decent teams this year....outside of one or two teams in reg 3 its an overall down year here...

i think you guys are experiencing the same problem in your region this year and, your right, whether its by score differential, by a great defensive output,something really superior to sealy needs to show up or else that same type of question will linger for you guys in region play as it does for us....how good (or bad) are we REALLY??

trojandad
09-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Good point T-dad, to me----

Rankings are mean very little. All teams are on the learning curve right now, as is Wimberley. Would rather win by one and learn than blow out a team and learn nothing.

yea, thats my concern, i dont see any non blowout games for us for awhile, and theres not much to be learned in those type of games, especially if we get the chance, again, to play another wimberly or carthage....

Tejastrue
09-18-2011, 01:45 PM

Yep, Warden Nelms we call him...

Tejastrue
09-18-2011, 02:03 PM

sTx, we've shared a few comments before this thread in regards to the Canyon Lake game. I had no idea that all this time you've been harboring such anger. Would Tiger Dad possibly be your dad cause it looks like the apple didn't fall far from the tree. My guess is you've graduated and will not be a part of Friday's game. Sorry for that because Wimberley's gonna give you guys such a beat down on Friday that not only the Sealy moms, but the dads too will be crying in the stands, pleading mercy for their poor little babies... :bigcry:

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 02:06 PM

To use a student as fodder for your anger is beneath contempt. To use a minor as a tool to try and get "even" shows not only your level of integrity, it speaks to your level of intelligence. You, Sir, are an idiot.

Tiger Dad
09-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Would Wimbo be your mother ?

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 02:11 PM

You get a pass, STx, because you are young and dont know better. I have no doubt that if we were to look into the happenings of Sealy, we would uncover some dirty laundry that you choose to sweep under the rug. I know of some of this dirty laundry (and you know what I am talking about), but wont stoop to the level of some of the toothless, uneducated and (what I am sure can only be described as) fat adults you have roaming the dirt roads of Sealy in dirty trucks with expired tags.

sTxforlife
09-18-2011, 02:11 PM
sTx, we've shared a few comments before this thread in regards to the Canyon Lake game. I had no idea that all this time you've been harboring such anger. Would Tiger Dad possibly be your dad cause it looks like the apple didn't fall far from the tree. My guess is you've graduated and will not be a part of Friday's game. Sorry for that because Wimberley's gonna give you guys such a beat down on Friday that not only the Sealy moms, but the dads too will be crying in the stands, pleading mercy for their poor little babies... :bigcry:
Yes I have graduated and if you would have watched the game last year Wimberley did not put a beat down on me, i had 3 or 4 different defensive tackles on me in the game last year because i was giving your defensive line fits so no one would be giving me a beat down

trojandad
09-18-2011, 02:13 PM

yes, wimbo is his mother.....large tatas.....<?!?!?>

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 02:13 PM

Hey...lets not bring mothers into this. Let's get off mothers....cuz I just got off your last night!! LOL>OL>OL

trojandad
09-18-2011, 02:15 PM
roaming the dirt roads....in dirty trucks with expired tags.

alright now, wimbo, lets not get personal here....ill get it washed and registered when i can......

sTxforlife
09-18-2011, 02:16 PM
You get a pass, STx, because you are young and dont know better. I have no doubt that if we were to look into the happenings of Sealy, we would uncover some dirty laundry that you choose to sweep under the rug. I know of some of this dirty laundry (and you know what I am talking about), but wont stoop to the level of some of the toothless, uneducated and (what I am sure can only be described as) fat adults you have roaming the dirt roads of Sealy in dirty trucks with expired tags.
And what dirty laundry would that be?? And as far as attacking the people in my town and the people that you assume I hang out with is extremely uncalled for and classless, but wait im talking to someone from Wimberley so what else should i expect.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Yes I have graduated and if you would have watched the game last year Wimberley did not put a beat down on me, i had 3 or 4 different defensive tackles on me in the game last year because i was giving your defensive line fits so no one would be giving me a beat down

I agree...you had a good game. But over all, your team was pretty much dominated the entire game, till the last 2 mins. And please, dont be so defensive in this regard...your team wasnt that good last year, as your early departure in the play offs would prove. It shouldnt be such a surprise that a team that made it to the Semi's would dominate a team that didnt win one game in the play offs.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 02:17 PM
And what dirty laundry would that be?? And as far as attacking the people in my town and the people that you assume I hang out with is extremely uncalled for and classless, but wait im talking to someone from Wimberley so what else should i expect.

Would never attack a student, STX. Thats the difference. If you cant see the difference, then you shouldnt be on this board.

Tiger Dad
09-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Everyone of my posts has been in response to one of yours. Don't talk about our coaches unless you want yours talked about. I did not mention anyone but you must feel shame about some situation.

lbjacj
09-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Now I wish I had never responded to the "blown call at the end" quote.
This thread should be closed!

YTBulldogs
09-18-2011, 02:25 PM

This could get ugly fast on the field and the stands. Talking about people with no teeth, dirty pickups and mothers. Yikes!!!

trojandad
09-18-2011, 02:28 PM

your fine, so are they....nothing wrong with a few hurt feelings....theyre being civil and restraining for the most part.....its just life....

Tiger Dad
09-18-2011, 02:37 PM
The back and forth is fun .It is fun to get Wimbo's panties in a wad. Notice I don't mention any names and don't call anyone names. Wimbo is close to the line with the name calling but it really doesn't matter .We won't run him down with our dirty trucks.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2011, 02:44 PM
The back and forth is fun .It is fun to get Wimbo's panties in a wad. Notice I don't mention any names and don't call anyone names. Wimbo is close to the line with the name calling but it really doesn't matter .We won't run him down with our dirty trucks.

lol, prolly drink a Shiner with em too. A true fan.

Tiger Dad
09-18-2011, 02:48 PM
lol, prolly drink a Shiner with em too. A true fan.

Wimbo probably only drinks imported beer or wine.lol

Tiger Dad
09-18-2011, 02:54 PM
You have inspired me YT. Time to open a Shiner and watch the real Texans, Houston Texans !

YTBulldogs
09-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Wimbo probably only drinks imported beer or wine.lol

He don't sound like a Boonesfarm type guy, huh?

YTBulldogs
09-18-2011, 02:56 PM
You have inspired me YT. Time to open a Shiner and watch the real Texans, Houston Texans !

There ya go.:1popcorn:

Tejastrue
09-18-2011, 03:43 PM

Panties?? Nah, maybe thongs!! Now don't get too excited...

Tejastrue
09-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Would Wimbo be your mother ? :thinking: Could be... we are a pretty close-knit community...

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 04:05 PM

Nice try, Uneducated One. We can see right through your 8 yr old "Who...ME?" tactics. It's ok to be classless, its just plain sad to be stupid. Regarding the imported beer...yeah, I do like a Hieneken once in a while.

As far as my favorite wine....that would be Sealy's complaints about last year. Non-stop whining.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 04:06 PM
:thinking: Could be... we are a pretty close-knit community...

Oh hush Mamma!~

Tiger Dad
09-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Now that's the spirit we can mess with each other with a sense of humor.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Now that's the spirit we can mess with each other with a sense of humor.

All forgotten immediately...nothing meant to be permanent. Including Tejastrue's hair color.

snaxet
09-18-2011, 04:14 PM

Now sTxforlife you obviously didn't pay much attention to pregame preparation. Coach Smith always rotates his defensive lineman in and out. Why after he found out how soft you were he even rotated the third string defensive tackle in the game just to give him some experience. Thanks to you we had a lot more depth going into District.

Tejastrue
09-18-2011, 04:38 PM
All forgotten immediately...nothing meant to be permanent. Including Tejastrue's hair color.

Out of all the posts, I believe this was the most hurtful. :(

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Out of all the posts, I believe this was the most hurtful. :(

LOL...seeing that I dont even know who you are...you gotta know its a joke!!! LOL

TigerPride12
09-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Maury! Maury! Maury!! haha lets calm down everyone! Wimbo_Pro: we are definately a younger football team by far. The offensive line was the big question with only one returning. However, they have made tremendous progress and are developing quickly. One thing the tigers do not lack is heart and tradition. They all know what they represent when they hit the field. The backfield combo of Seals-Jones and Davis has caused every defense fits. Thats my view on things. I hope this is an injury free game as well and am looking forward to friday night!

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Seals-Jones - is that your QB/receiver? If so, MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! He's awfully good!

sTxforlife
09-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Seals-Jones - is that your QB/receiver? If so, MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! He's awfully good!
yes thats him

ogg
09-18-2011, 09:05 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/18/us/state-tries-to-reduce-head-injuries-in-a-rough-game.html

gold_33
09-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Sounds liked Sealy is still bitter about last year....pretty sure they wont have anything to complain about this year when we beat them by 30 at least because if yall couldnt stop Canyon Lakes offense wait til you see ours.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Maury! Maury! Maury!! haha lets calm down everyone! Wimbo_Pro: we are definately a younger football team by far. The offensive line was the big question with only one returning. However, they have made tremendous progress and are developing quickly. One thing the tigers do not lack is heart and tradition. They all know what they represent when they hit the field. The backfield combo of Seals-Jones and Davis has caused every defense fits. Thats my view on things. I hope this is an injury free game as well and am looking forward to friday night!

Sealy is always a team you should never dismiss...no matter what the circumstances. We are working on developing a tradition that would be similar to Sealy's, so dont make the mistake in thinking we dont recognize your history of winning.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2011, 10:53 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/18/us/state-tries-to-reduce-head-injuries-in-a-rough-game.html

Interesting, OGG. I wonder how it came to be that Wimberley was chosen for this article?

Txbroadcaster
09-18-2011, 11:12 PM
We were told that if we would have kicked the extra point it would've ended in a tie since it was a non district game

I cannot believe none of you jumped on this...who told you that? Non district games go into overtime just like district games

regaleagle
09-18-2011, 11:52 PM
You guys keep it up on here. You're cracking me up. This is great entertainment, and cheap too.

hookandladder
09-19-2011, 06:21 AM
Sealy is not as big across the lines as normal however if you do not tackle well on #4 and #25 Sealy will put points on the board, Seals-Jones will be the best athlete Wimberley has faced this year. I feel this will be a good game in Sealy , have not seen Wimberley play this season however if Sealy plays well it will be closer then what most Wimberley fans think. Wimberley should have no problem in Region 4 unless they play Columbia, with Cuero being so down this year not much left to contend with other then Gonzales and Columbia.

Tejastrue
09-19-2011, 08:48 AM
I cannot believe none of you jumped on this...who told you that? Non district games go into overtime just like district games

It's called showing restraint. We did not want to bring up the coach thing again.;)

Tejastrue
09-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Sealy is not as big across the lines as normal however if you do not tackle well on #4 and #25 Sealy will put points on the board, Seals-Jones will be the best athlete Wimberley has faced this year. I feel this will be a good game in Sealy , have not seen Wimberley play this season however if Sealy plays well it will be closer then what most Wimberley fans think. Wimberley should have no problem in Region 4 unless they play Columbia, with Cuero being so down this year not much left to contend with other then Gonzales and Columbia.

Both S-Jones and their rb Davis played against us last year although S-Jones was mainly a receiver then. They ARE very good athletes and the type of players we need to compete against. I think we'll contain them both. That doen't mean we'll stop them completely, just keep them in check.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2011, 09:27 AM
You guys keep it up on here. You're cracking me up. This is great entertainment, and cheap too.

Exactly Regal...its been boring lately here on the DL...this is the most fun I have seen in months here!! No harm, no foul!!!

Tejastrue
09-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Exactly Regal...its been boring lately here on the DL...this is the most fun I have seen in months here!! No harm, no foul!!!

Unless of course you suggest one's hair color is not natural. It's difficult these days you know, when you have to do it one hair at a time. Maybe I need a perm, because there is nothing permanent about my hair. :D

R4Editor
09-19-2011, 11:12 AM
We need to Stickie this thread as it is the Region IV GOTW.

pirate4state
09-19-2011, 11:44 AM

Nah, better to start a new thread...this one was derailed.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Nah, better to start a new thread...this one was derailed.

Derailed...but at least lively!!

ogg
09-19-2011, 11:52 AM

Agree, a good thread.

SHSBulldog00
09-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Texans have too many weapons for the Tigers. It could be close since it is a home game in Sealy though. I'll say 35-21 Wimberley.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Texans have too many weapons for the Tigers. It could be close since it is a home game in Sealy though. I'll say 35-21 Wimberley.

I agree, Bulldog. But if we take Sealy too lightly, we do so at our own peril. A cornered Tiger is always dangerous, even when it is not as "in shape" as it was in previous years!

Sportshack
09-19-2011, 02:07 PM
IMHO The Seals-Jones kid will score some and have some big runs. He ends up in one on one match ups in open field and tends to win those match ups with Inspector Gadget type stiff arm and some real speed. The Texans will just need to limit him as much as possible and their strength is front 8. They are a much faster and more athletic front than Sealy has likely seen. The bigger question is whether Sealy can contain WHS. I think it is going to be a good football game if Sealy can match up with WHS passing game. I think their secondary will be toughest test thus far for WHS. Seals-Jones plays back there as well. I suspect it will be Sealy secondary's toughest test as well.

ogg
09-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Interesting, OGG. I wonder how it came to be that Wimberley was chosen for this article?

Good question, I know that The Texas Tribune is Austin based and is associated with the New York Times. We have fans!

Tejastrue
09-19-2011, 09:37 PM

Remember Wimbo, we're all sophisticated people here in Wimberley, feasting on roast duck and drinking designer beer...:) Very appropriate for the NY Times...

Gone Fishing
09-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Wow what fun this was to read. I've been away so I got to read all of this at once. I would like to comment on some earlier posts about "the Play".
1. If anyone thinks Austin Chapter Refs are worse than the San Antonio Chapter, they are on crack.
2. On "the play" last year I believe the officials were 100 % correct on how they called it. I don't mean was he in or was he not! I mean the way they handled the call was correct, right out of the book. I was high in the stands and had a great view but not on the goal line!!! ( like 99.9% of everyone else, including their coaches, NOT ON THE GOAL LINE!!). I don't recall any field judge or the Ref making any call when it happened, but I do know the line judge on the side of the ball went running in looking and trying to see the ball because he had the knee down. The other line judge was running in from the other side also looking and trying to see. The two of them immediately talked and I'm guessing the one on the side of the ball was telling the other one he had the knee on the ground first, and asked, "did you see anything different"? It is obvious the other line judge would have said one of two things. (a) I agree his knee was down or (b) I didn't see enough to know or disagree with you. Therefore, the call was made. If the other guy would have said no, "I have him In" then the Refs. would have had to conference and they would have had to make a very difficult call, but fortunately that did not have to happen, because the Sealy homers would have said bias wimberley refs/cheaters! But, for some reason they are still saying that on a perfectly called play by a good official crew.
3. I would think that most Texan fans would have said Damn blank blank, I can't believe we lost that game after kicking their ass all night! And I would think Tiger fans SHOULD HAVE said, I can't believe we almost won that game when we had our butts kicked that bad all night! Instead they whine about it ONE whole year later. And then claim the coach didn't act bad and wrong.
4. I do remember the fat kid on the ground with two of our guys hitting S-J over the top of him. Maybe he should have drove someone out instead of looking up from the ground to see if S-J got in!! LOL.
5. Wimberley is better than last year. Period!
6. I was very impressed with Seals-Jones at CL and expect him to be great against Wimberley too. Don't really understand why Sealy didn't go ahead and win the game against CL with a minute and a half to go by running Seals-Jones every play till he scored, because he would have!
7. This game scares me some, I feel Sealy will be pulling off "anything" to try to win. Texans not only need to play great but keep their heads together and focus. I'm sure our coaches will address that very much.
8. I got tags updated and can't wait to head east. Head East? Wasn't that a band! Damn I'm getting old.

sTxforlife
09-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Wow what fun this was to read. I've been away so I got to read all of this at once. I would like to comment on some earlier posts about "the Play".
1. If anyone thinks Austin Chapter Refs are worse than the San Antonio Chapter, they are on crack.
2. On "the play" last year I believe the officials were 100 % correct on how they called it. I don't mean was he in or was he not! I mean the way they handled the call was correct, right out of the book. I was high in the stands and had a great view but not on the goal line!!! ( like 99.9% of everyone else, including their coaches, NOT ON THE GOAL LINE!!). I don't recall any field judge or the Ref making any call when it happened, but I do know the line judge on the side of the ball went running in looking and trying to see the ball because he had the knee down. The other line judge was running in from the other side also looking and trying to see. The two of them immediately talked and I'm guessing the one on the side of the ball was telling the other one he had the knee on the ground first, and asked, "did you see anything different"? It is obvious the other line judge would have said one of two things. (a) I agree his knee was down or (b) I didn't see enough to know or disagree with you. Therefore, the call was made. If the other guy would have said no, "I have him In" then the Refs. would have had to conference and they would have had to make a very difficult call, but fortunately that did not have to happen, because the Sealy homers would have said bias wimberley refs/cheaters! But, for some reason they are still saying that on a perfectly called play by a good official crew.
3. I would think that most Texan fans would have said Damn blank blank, I can't believe we lost that game after kicking their ass all night! And I would think Tiger fans SHOULD HAVE said, I can't believe we almost won that game when we had our butts kicked that bad all night! Instead they whine about it ONE whole year later. And then claim the coach didn't act bad and wrong.
4. I do remember the fat kid on the ground with two of our guys hitting S-J over the top of him. Maybe he should have drove someone out instead of looking up from the ground to see if S-J got in!! LOL.
5. Wimberley is better than last year. Period!
6. I was very impressed with Seals-Jones at CL and expect him to be great against Wimberley too. Don't really understand why Sealy didn't go ahead and win the game against CL with a minute and a half to go by running Seals-Jones every play till he scored, because he would have!
7. This game scares me some, I feel Sealy will be pulling off "anything" to try to win. Texans not only need to play great but keep their heads together and focus. I'm sure our coaches will address that very much.
8. I got tags updated and can't wait to head east. Head East? Wasn't that a band! Damn I'm getting old.
Maybe the fat kid on the ground should have drove someone out instead of looking up from the ground?? You obviously didnt read the conversation, my man was under me cuz i drove him out, i never said that i was looking at him i said he was on top of me. And who are you to say what should have been said?? You werent involved in that game and it didnt affect you at all so you have no room to judge anyone's reaction to it, you obviously never played the game if you would be happy to have had the opportunity to win the game than mad that you lost, either that or you just must not have played very much.

Tejastrue
09-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Maybe the fat kid on the ground should have drove someone out instead of looking up from the ground?? You obviously didnt read the conversation, my man was under me cuz i drove him out, i never said that i was looking at him i said he was on top of me. And who are you to say what should have been said?? You werent involved in that game and it didnt affect you at all so you have no room to judge anyone's reaction to it, you obviously never played the game if you would be happy to have had the opportunity to win the game than mad that you lost, either that or you just must not have played very much.

I was hoping that you'd come back....:clap:

Gone Fishing
09-19-2011, 10:26 PM

You need to read. I said (#3) Texan Fans / Sealy Fans, not players. Of course the players are upset to lose and happy to win or why play the game. And fans, parent fans, student fans, coaches and faculty ARE involved in the games, way more than players think. We arent out there hitting, but involved in a whole different way. And as for as me playing football, no need to get into that, I just want to be gone fishing on this board, but it is safe to say, I know a lot about the game of football. I would guess way more than you.

957tiger
09-19-2011, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=, And I would think Tiger fans SHOULD HAVE said, I can't believe we almost won that game when we had our butts kicked that bad all night! Instead they whine about it ONE whole year later.

Wow great job of describing what the refs may have been discussing after the play. Gone Fishing you have provided a very enjoyable post. I can't speak for everyone, however the people I spoke with after the game did acknowlege the fact Wimberley was the better team that night. As in any sporting contest from beanbags to football any comeback that falls short, is an emotional loss or win for that matter. They still discuss the greatest comeback in the NFL .The Bills defeating the Oilers after Houston had it won in the first half. Emotion is part of the game and that is evident here on this thread as well.

Not sure I call it whinning. More like extreme, emotional disappointment. Just like a fumble or interception to win a game is an emotional win or loss, the game in Wimberley was the same for Tiger fans. Put yourself in our place. That was the first regular season loss in several years.On the road in front of a packed house. The student-athletes were playing as if it was the last game of the season, I thought it was a great game then and still do now. God help the good Texan fans if they ever have a emotional loss and choose to discuss it here.

sTxforlife
09-19-2011, 10:51 PM
It could happen Friday night, the vibe im getting from the players is a very relaxed one, they know the texans are good and they know they are the only ones that expect them to win, I sure hope they come out fired up and play lights out football, if they do Wimberley could very well be in for a long night!!

sTxforlife
09-19-2011, 10:53 PM
I was hoping that you'd come back....:clap:
couldnt stay away for too long, especially on a post like that lol, this thread was starting to get boring again so i was trying to liven it up again

SHSBulldog00
09-19-2011, 11:14 PM
couldnt stay away for too long, especially on a post like that lol, this thread was starting to get boring again so i was trying to liven it up again

Did someone say "liven things up?"

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4640/jc1dv.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/jc1dv.jpg/)

CLEEEEARRRRRRRR

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4310/crankjumper.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/crankjumper.jpg/)

Tx Challenge
09-19-2011, 11:28 PM

Wait, Wimbo is a chick?

TexanAlum_06
09-19-2011, 11:37 PM
heres why i mention it, last year at the game with you guys a coldspring man had a guy sitting with him with a texan hat on,and was talking like he followed you guys (you know how fans are, he coulda known a lot or a little)....he was saying he completely expected theresult on the field once wimberly got out of region play because reg 4 was down except for the stud rb from cuero and he had little team around him....he said neither wimberly or cuero could compete in reg 2 play last year....

no matter how right or wrong he was, ive had that in the back of my head all year whileweve been steamrolling teams, i mean kirbyville is way down, crockett is down, would love to say they are up and were mosters, but they are not anywhere near decent teams this year....outside of one or two teams in reg 3 its an overall down year here...

i think you guys are experiencing the same problem in your region this year and, your right, whether its by score differential, by a great defensive output,something really superior to sealy needs to show up or else that same type of question will linger for you guys in region play as it does for us....how good (or bad) are we REALLY??

Trojan,

In my opinion, there's some truth to what you're talking about. Region 4 is pretty weak, especially with Cuero being down. While the Texans do look pretty good right now, and I believe we can play with anyone, I can't help but wonder how things will shake out when we face a team that matches us in quantity and quality of athletes.

Last year is a perfect example as Coldspring was better (by a pretty wide margin) than any other team we had seen and definitely had the advantage in athletes. All of a sudden our WR's weren't running wide open (as usual) because Coldsprings back 7 had them on lockdown. Our OL was shell-shocked at times by the DL's speed and strength. Lambert didn't have all day to make a decision and throw, and when he ran, the DE's were right there with him. Defensively, we didn't have anyone who could keep up with the running back. I could go on and on but you get my point. Basically, it looked like the team (including coaches) didn't have much of an answer when our best players and core set of offensive plays were effectively neutralized by a strong, fast, and well prepared defense. One that had obviously done their homework in the film room.

Relating to this season, we must be more prepared for that. While Lambert, Blakemoore, and Burtschell have great chemistry with one another and can light up the scoreboard, who's going to pick up the slack if one or both of them are kept in check by a good D? We've got to have something else. I suppose you could say and believe that won't happen because they're just that good, maybe so, but it's a valid question/concern IMO.

As for Sealy, they have some athletes on their roster-more than any other team we've seen-and we're rolling into a hornet's nest atmosphere on the road. It's obvious that Sealy fans and players still carry quite a bit of emotion with them in regards to last year. Make no mistake, we're going to get their best shot come Friday night. Hope our boys are focused and prepared to take care of the business at hand.

I'm feeling the Texans win this one 41-24. Close game until mid 3rd when our D really starts to impose their will by creating a few consecutive stops which gives the offense a chance to separate.

Tejastrue
09-19-2011, 11:50 PM

Good, cause we still have 4 days to go......plenty of time for new material.

Speaking of that, 957tiger kinda started the negative tone with the 2yds into the end zone claim and now shows up again 2 days later with this psychiatric "couch talk" mumbo jumbo...:rolleyes:. 957t basically left you and Tiger dad to take all the flak...:stirpot:

Tiger Dad
09-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Trojan,

In my opinion, there's some truth to what you're talking about. Region 4 is pretty weak, especially with Cuero being down. While the Texans do look pretty good right now, and I believe we can play with anyone, I can't help but wonder how things will shake out when we face a team that matches us in quantity and quality of athletes.

Last year is a perfect example as Coldspring was better (by a pretty wide margin) than any other team we had seen and definitely had the advantage in athletes. All of a sudden our WR's weren't running wide open (as usual) because Coldsprings back 7 had them on lockdown. Our OL was shell-shocked at times by the DL's speed and strength. Lambert didn't have all day to make a decision and throw, and when he ran, the DE's were right there with him. Defensively, we didn't have anyone who could keep up with the running back. I could go on and on but you get my point. Basically, it looked like the team (including coaches) didn't have much of an answer when our best players and core set of offensive plays were effectively neutralized by a strong, fast, and well prepared defense. One that had obviously done their homework in the film room.

Relating to this season, we must be more prepared for that. While Lambert, Blakemoore, and Burtschell have great chemistry with one another and can light up the scoreboard, who's going to pick up the slack if one or both of them are kept in check by a good D? We've got to have something else. I suppose you could say and believe that won't happen because they're just that good, maybe so, but it's a valid question/concern IMO.

As for Sealy, they have some athletes on their roster-more than any other team we've seen-and we're rolling into a hornet's nest atmosphere on the road. It's obvious that Sealy fans and players still carry quite a bit of emotion with them in regards to last year. Make no mistake, we're going to get their best shot come Friday night. Hope our boys are focused and prepared to take care of the business at hand.

I'm feeling the Texans win this one 41-24. Close game until mid 3rd when our D really starts to impose their will by creating a few consecutive stops which gives the offense a chance to separate.

Your score may not be to far off but I think yall will have to jump on us early. Seals -Jones and especially Davis get stronger as the game goes on. This is a very young team and if it is close mid third these guys will start to believe that they really can beat yall. Not that they don't think they can win but this would boost their confidence. Wait, my post is about the actual game. What am I thinking ? WIMBERLEY SUCKS !!!!!!!! LOL

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2011, 12:20 AM

Still cannot believe no one has jumped on this..a Sealy player is saying the coaches WRONGLY stated that the game would not go into overtime

Gone Fishing
09-20-2011, 06:55 AM
[QUOTE=, And I would think Tiger fans SHOULD HAVE said, I can't believe we almost won that game when we had our butts kicked that bad all night! Instead they whine about it ONE whole year later.

Wow great job of describing what the refs may have been discussing after the play. Gone Fishing you have provided a very enjoyable post. I can't speak for everyone, however the people I spoke with after the game did acknowlege the fact Wimberley was the better team that night. As in any sporting contest from beanbags to football any comeback that falls short, is an emotional loss or win for that matter. They still discuss the greatest comeback in the NFL .The Bills defeating the Oilers after Houston had it won in the first half. Emotion is part of the game and that is evident here on this thread as well.

Not sure I call it whinning. More like extreme, emotional disappointment. Just like a fumble or interception to win a game is an emotional win or loss, the game in Wimberley was the same for Tiger fans. Put yourself in our place. That was the first regular season loss in several years.On the road in front of a packed house. The student-athletes were playing as if it was the last game of the season, I thought it was a great game then and still do now. God help the good Texan fans if they ever have a emotional loss and choose to discuss it here.

Good point, I would be discussing it here too. I'm an old die hard Oiler fan and boy do I remember that game. I remember exactly how I felt and what I did after that melt down. It will be a great game Friday, I think all of the Texans fans know the Tigers will be pumped and ready to play. Good Luck.

hookandladder
09-20-2011, 07:18 AM
I have not seen Wimberley play this year however most posters on here say they may even be bettter then last year, without the Smith kid that would seem hard to believe. This game comes down to tackling , with the ball being in Seals-Jones hands every play compared to him touching it only limited times last year it will require Wimberley to account for him every play. Also, Davis will be key to this game as well for Sealy, he will need to step up to take some guys off Seals-Jones. After playing Sealy last week, they are definitely not as strong across the lines as in years pass. So to keep Sealy from scoring , Wimberley must be fundamentally sound in tackling. One thing I have seen for the last 2 years playing Sealy is that sometimes Coach Mitchell's playing calling is hard to understand, he will be running the ball down your throat and then all of the sudden will turn to the pass. My question is , Why. That is why I am an arm chair coach, I think this game will be close. Good Luck to both teams.

ogg
09-20-2011, 07:33 AM
I have not seen Wimberley play this year however most posters on here say they may even be bettter then last year, without the Smith kid that would seem hard to believe. This game comes down to tackling , with the ball being in Seals-Jones hands every play compared to him touching it only limited times last year it will require Wimberley to account for him every play. Also, Davis will be key to this game as well for Sealy, he will need to step up to take some guys off Seals-Jones. After playing Sealy last week, they are definitely not as strong across the lines as in years pass. So to keep Sealy from scoring , Wimberley must be fundamentally sound in tackling. One thing I have seen for the last 2 years playing Sealy is that sometimes Coach Mitchell's playing calling is hard to understand, he will be running the ball down your throat and then all of the sudden will turn to the pass. My question is , Why. That is why I am an arm chair coach, I think this game will be close. Good Luck to both teams.

Totally agree Hook and thanks. Wimberley's improving each week, got some super players on the team. Hopefully there'll be no injuries on us or them.

LionFan72
09-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Wimberly by enough to get the back-ups some playing time.

HSFB
09-20-2011, 09:08 AM
The ironic thing is that Sealy should be undefeated at this point and would probably be ranked in the top 10 if not for the slip in Canyon Lake. I was at that game and if the ball does not get taken out of Seals-Jones hands then Sealy wins that game and I am do not mean to take anything away from CL’s effort as it was a great effort and big win for that program.

So instead of people predicting Wimberley winning by x amount the talk would probably be centered around what a great showdown this is between two top 10 teams…..and I still see it that way.

Sealy will look at this as their Super Bowl and I can assure you that the Wimberley boys know what to expect and will be prepared and in the right mental state when the ball is kicked off. I have not heard anything that would lead me to believe that this game will be taken lightly by the players.

If you look down the line at the top ranked teams in 3A then most of them are probably living off a top athlete like Seals-Jones. Those guys are biiiiiiig difference makers at the 3A level and they make everyone around them look so much better. Take Cuero for example, if Jackson is on that team then they only have one loss at this point and no one is talking about Cuero having a down year. Fortunately Wimberley has the type of team that comes around every so often that has talent across the board to overcome this type of loss as Smith is one of those difference makers at the 3A level.

Point is that any team with that type of athlete on the field will be highly competitive and Sealy will be just that as they have some talent to compliment.

Regardless of how this Friday shakes out, Sealy will be a playoff team that goes at least a couple of rounds deep in to the playoffs so yes they are a very good team that is not to be taken lightly. Yes, they hit a road bump in CL but this is still a top 10 team.

All teams have different dynamics but how well Wimberley contains Seals-Jones may be a precursor of how they will fare vs. Cold Springs Gilbert if/when they meet again.

buff4ever
09-20-2011, 09:14 AM
I doubt many sealy fans really think they can win this game. Wimberly by a bunch.

HSFB
09-20-2011, 09:26 AM

I know that I should leave this along but this is just too much fun.....

The only Sealy lineman in this picture is lying flat on his back on the wrong side of the endzone with Texans swarming all around him. And that has to be you as that is the only Sealy kid that the RB is "on top of". Kind of goes against the whole "my man was under me cuz i drove him out" statement/story......just saying.

Gone Fishing
09-20-2011, 10:27 AM

The only Sealy lineman in this picture is lying flat on his back on the wrong side of the endzone with Texans swarming all around him. And that has to be you as that is the only Sealy kid that the RB is "on top of". Kind of goes against the whole "my man was under me cuz i drove him out" statement/story......just saying.

HSFB, that is so funny! I had never looked at the pics until last night when I posted my 8 things. He was clealy on his back and on the wrong side of the line and totally swarmed by Texans...Cuz pics don't lie!! The only thing I might have been wong on (being a smart ass on my oiginal post) is that I said the fat kid. I'm thinking now it might have been the undersized kid/lineman. Just saying. LoL.

957tiger
09-20-2011, 10:45 AM

Speaking of that, 957tiger kinda started the negative tone with the 2yds into the end zone claim and now shows up again 2 days later with this psychiatric "couch talk" mumbo jumbo...:rolleyes:. 957t basically left you and Tiger dad to take all the flak...:stirpot:

Mumbo jumbo? Okay I'll take the fact I started the talk with my "2-yard" comment. I guess I should have said 6 feet. And for those who have heard of forward progress, or momentum, surge, push or any other adjective that describes in football someone crossing a line and pushed back, as the still photo would support. Happens on almost every play, I'm sure the Texans have benefited from a favorable spot or two on their way to a 14-1 record last year. (sorry no rolling eyes) Lets get past the final score and who won or lost. My goodness Tejastrue who fired you up. My comments were directed towards the fact the two undefeated teams were meeting one another. One team was expected to win (wimberley) while the other team (sealy) was playing good football but not at the same level as the Texans. It was a good clean game played on the field by both teams. Your team won, ours did not. The pain of a defeat is not as bad if the team that beat you continues to win. Kinda of like bragging rights, don't you think.

As a favor to you I will speak to Coach Mitchell and Coach Nelms and ask them not to give any type of "mumbo jumbo " team speech before or after the game. It appears that kind of motivation is something you don't agree with. And I will contact the local newspapers and ask them not to print words like, disappointment, emotional, or mentally draining in describing either a victory or a loss. I will also try and talk to as many parents and fans and tell them to not be so emotional if our team wins or losses. Since you appear to interpet my words as "couch talk", if you could do the same for your fans I would appreciate it, thanks. You know what I mean flag waving, players trying to fire up the crowd, the band playing, that sort of stuff. Man, it will leave you exhausted win or lose. Just feels better when you win. For the record I did not leave anyone to take all the flax. I did however enjoy the sprited give and take by all the posters. I was under the impression thats what the board was all about. Got to go now and finish watching sports center on the couch. Go Tigers and good luck to the Texans.

wimbo_pro
09-20-2011, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE]The Bills defeating the Oilers after Houston had it won in the first half. [QUOTE]

You are an evil, evil man for bringing this up in a public forum, 957. There are things that should never be discussed in public. This is one of them. Shame on you.

hookandladder
09-20-2011, 11:28 AM
I doubt many sealy fans really think they can win this game. Wimberly by a bunch.

If this is true , it would be the same with Giddings playing them. Sealy would beat you guy's, I would bet on it.

hookandladder
09-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Wimberly by enough to get the back-ups some playing time.

Wimberley is not playing Brownwood, will be close.

buff4ever
09-20-2011, 11:57 AM
If this is true , it would be the same with Giddings playing them. Sealy would beat you guy's, I would bet on it.

I would take you up on that bet, I hope I get to 1st round of playoffs, we will see if you are still good for it. I don't think that we would be able to beat wimberly right now either. We would do a lot better than what people think from our scrimmage with them, but they are legit.

sTxforlife
09-20-2011, 12:00 PM

Ha we dont mind, its all in good fun

wimbo_pro
09-20-2011, 12:01 PM
wimberley is not playing brownwood, will be close.

yeeeoowwwoouuuchhhhhhh!!!!

Tiger Dad
09-20-2011, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE]The Bills defeating the Oilers after Houston had it won in the first half. [QUOTE]

You are an evil, evil man for bringing this up in a public forum, 957. There are things that should never be discussed in public. This is one of them. Shame on you.

Wimbo posted something I agree with. What is the world coming to?

wimbo_pro
09-20-2011, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=wimbo_pro;1611218][QUOTE]The Bills defeating the Oilers after Houston had it won in the first half.

Wimbo posted something I agree with. What is the world coming to?

hahahaha

rb585
09-20-2011, 12:19 PM

:clap:

Even better picture: http://mason-photography.com/2/b7a38#/gallery/football-texans-31-sealy-30/sealy-9034/

rb585
09-20-2011, 12:25 PM
I have not seen Wimberley play this year however most posters on here say they may even be bettter then last year, without the Smith kid that would seem hard to believe.

Wimberley got better without Smith last year. Lambert really took control of the offense with him out and was unbelievable. Wilson stepped in and got as many yards as you would have expected Smith to get. And Blakemore was hurt most of last season -- I think he's the most dangerous offensive player on the team.

hookandladder
09-20-2011, 12:31 PM
I would take you up on that bet, I hope I get to 1st round of playoffs, we will see if you are still good for it. I don't think that we would be able to beat wimberly right now either. We would do a lot better than what people think from our scrimmage with them, but they are legit.

I will be here you can bank on that, if that matchup comes about you know where I am. With Seals -Jones at QB this year, Sealy is better offensively then last year. Just watch and see, there will not be a team that can stop him for getting his yards and scores. He is a man among kids on the field, just a Junior and also heard last year with his birthday he could be a sophomore this year. If that is true , that is just scary. Also we will see starting this week if Giddings tough Pre-District games have prepared them for their remaining games. Good Luck.

Tiger Dad
09-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Something funny is going on here. I think Wimberley cheated last year. #6 for Wimberley is named Burttschell, #61 for Sealy is named Burttschell. I think yall sent this guy here to infiltrate our team. Pretty suspicious they aren't common names like Smith or Jones. There must be something to this. Glad this isn't last year. No wait Sealy has another Burttschell this year ? What's going on here ? Makes you wonder ?

wimbo_pro
09-20-2011, 12:39 PM
I will be here you can bank on that, if that matchup comes about you know where I am. With Seals -Jones at QB this year, Sealy is better offensively then last year. Just watch and see, there will not be a team that can stop him for getting his yards and scores. He is a man among kids on the field, just a Junior and also heard last year with his birthday he could be a sophomore this year. If that is true , that is just scary. Also we will see starting this week if Giddings tough Pre-District games have prepared them for their remaining games. Good Luck.

Yeah, I recognized that last year. Seals-Jones is definitely the real deal...a tremendous threat, and a player that can take over a game (i hear he is a good kid too). He almost did last year!!! But I think there are too many weapons on the Texans for a "one player" heavy team (not saying there are not other good players with Sealy, only saying SJ's performance dictates the teams performance, which you cannot have when playing well balanced opponents). I look forward to seeing this kid develop this year and next! Who is talking to him in the D1 ranks?

Tiger Dad
09-20-2011, 12:39 PM
I will be here you can bank on that, if that matchup comes about you know where I am. With Seals -Jones at QB this year, Sealy is better offensively then last year. Just watch and see, there will not be a team that can stop him for getting his yards and scores. He is a man among kids on the field, just a Junior and also heard last year with his birthday he could be a sophomore this year. If that is true , that is just scary. Also we will see starting this week if Giddings tough Pre-District games have prepared them for their remaining games. Good Luck.No way is our offense better than last year. Is Seals-Jones a better running qb , of course, but we passed much better last year.

wimbo_pro
09-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Something funny is going on here. I think Wimberley cheated last year. #6 for Wimberley is named Burttschell, #61 for Sealy is named Burttschell. I think yall sent this guy here to infiltrate our team. Pretty suspicious they aren't common names like Smith or Jones. There must be something to this. Glad this isn't last year. No wait Sealy has another Burttschell this year ? What's going on here ? Makes you wonder ?

LUKE...I am your father....

Tiger Dad
09-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I recognized that last year. Seals-Jones is definitely the real deal...a tremendous threat, and a player that can take over a game (i hear he is a good kid too). He almost did last year!!! But I think there are too many weapons on the Texans for a "one player" heavy team (not saying there are not other good players with Sealy, only saying SJ's performance dictates the teams performance, which you cannot have when playing well balanced opponents). I look forward to seeing this kid develop this year and next! Who is talking to him in the D1 ranks?Everyone is talking to him with LSU probably the frontrunner in football. If he choses to play football.

Tejastrue
09-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Mumbo jumbo? Okay I'll take the fact I started the talk with my "2-yard" comment. I guess I should have said 6 feet. And for those who have heard of forward progress, or momentum, surge, push or any other adjective that describes in football someone crossing a line and pushed back, as the still photo would support. Happens on almost every play, I'm sure the Texans have benefited from a favorable spot or two on their way to a 14-1 record last year. (sorry no rolling eyes) Lets get past the final score and who won or lost. My goodness Tejastrue who fired you up. My comments were directed towards the fact the two undefeated teams were meeting one another. One team was expected to win (wimberley) while the other team (sealy) was playing good football but not at the same level as the Texans. It was a good clean game played on the field by both teams. Your team won, ours did not. The pain of a defeat is not as bad if the team that beat you continues to win. Kinda of like bragging rights, don't you think.

As a favor to you I will speak to Coach Mitchell and Coach Nelms and ask them not to give any type of "mumbo jumbo " team speech before or after the game. It appears that kind of motivation is something you don't agree with. And I will contact the local newspapers and ask them not to print words like, disappointment, emotional, or mentally draining in describing either a victory or a loss. I will also try and talk to as many parents and fans and tell them to not be so emotional if our team wins or losses. Since you appear to interpet my words as "couch talk", if you could do the same for your fans I would appreciate it, thanks. You know what I mean flag waving, players trying to fire up the crowd, the band playing, that sort of stuff. Man, it will leave you exhausted win or lose. Just feels better when you win. For the record I did not leave anyone to take all the flax. I did however enjoy the sprited give and take by all the posters. I was under the impression thats what the board was all about. Got to go now and finish watching sports center on the couch. Go Tigers and good luck to the Texans.

Why, I appreciate your kindness and generosity 957t. To think you would do all that for me....

TexanAlum_06
09-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Your score may not be to far off but I think yall will have to jump on us early. Seals -Jones and especially Davis get stronger as the game goes on. This is a very young team and if it is close mid third these guys will start to believe that they really can beat yall. Not that they don't think they can win but this would boost their confidence. Wait, my post is about the actual game. What am I thinking ? WIMBERLEY SUCKS !!!!!!!! LOL

Tiger Dad,

This year we've been starting hot on offense from the first series so that's a definite possibility. I do not doubt your comments regarding Seals-Jones, however I did not see him get stronger as last years game went on and really wasn't "wow'd" by him as a player compared to the hype. But I also thought your coaches didn't give him the ball enough either. Will get a better look on Friday since he's at QB.

My OP was in response to something Trojan said, which didn't have anything to do with this game.

Tejastrue
09-20-2011, 01:54 PM
No way is our offense better than last year. Is Seals-Jones a better running qb , of course, but we passed much better last year.

This is not meant as a diss, just confirming what you said. You guys have what, about 175 total yds passing in 4 games???

hookandladder
09-20-2011, 02:30 PM
No way is our offense better than last year. Is Seals-Jones a better running qb , of course, but we passed much better last year.

That is what amazed me, throwing so much when you had Davis and Seals-Jones. Put the ball in Seals-Jones hands every play and he will be hard to stop on 3 downs, so many things you can do with a player like him. Players like him do not come around very often, amazing kid.

957tiger
09-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Why, I appreciate your kindness and generosity 957t. To think you would do all that for me....

No problem, already spoke to the newspaper guy. They promise to only write nice things about both teams. He said something about the evil doers, not sure who he was referring to. By the way plenty of good places to eat in Sealy. Tony's for a full menu. Hinzes for Barbeque and of course the usual fast full restaurants. Most of the food joints are on Hwy 36 and I-10. School is about a mile from the intersection.

Tiger Dad
09-20-2011, 02:40 PM
That is what amazed me, throwing so much when you had Davis and Seals-Jones. Put the ball in Seals-Jones hands every play and he will be hard to stop on 3 downs, so many things you can do with a player like him. Players like him do not come around very often, amazing kid.I think most of the Sealy faithful would agree, but don't discount Davis he is the real deal also. He needs to get his carries to really get rolling but he seldom does. Especially in the 1st half.

wimbo_pro
09-20-2011, 02:45 PM
I think most of the Sealy faithful would agree, but don't discount Davis he is the real deal also. He needs to get his carries to really get rolling but he seldom does. Especially in the 1st half.

Our Defense is MUCH improved from last year, much of that due to having healthy players at this point in the year. Our offense seems to be ahead of this time last year as well. All in all, we should be a handful for Sealy. If Sealy wins...and we played a decent game, which I fully expect...I will be impressed. No excuses if we lose. But we won't!!! LOL

Tiger Dad
09-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Tiger Dad,

This year we've been starting hot on offense from the first series so that's a definite possibility. I do not doubt your comments regarding Seals-Jones, however I did not see him get stronger as last years game went on and really wasn't "wow'd" by him as a player compared to the hype. But I also thought your coaches didn't give him the ball enough either. Will get a better look on Friday since he's at QB.

My OP was in response to something Trojan said, which didn't have anything to do with this game.You said yall would pull away in the 3rd. Seals-Jones was only a soph last year. He is stronger and more mature this year plus every play starts with the ball in his hands. That wasn't the case last year. Someone must be wowed by him or he would not be getting the offers he is getting.

Tiger Dad
09-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Our Defense is MUCH improved from last year, much of that due to having healthy players at this point in the year. Our offense seems to be ahead of this time last year as well. All in all, we should be a handful for Sealy. If Sealy wins...and we played a decent game, which I fully expect...I will be impressed. No excuses if we lose. But we won't!!! LOLI think yall will be a handful. These are the games you live for as a player, a chance to knock off a highly ranked team with no pressure on you because no one but you and your fans think you can do it.

Sportshack
09-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Wimberley got better without Smith last year. Lambert really took control of the offense with him out and was unbelievable. Wilson stepped in and got as many yards as you would have expected Smith to get. And Blakemore was hurt most of last season -- I think he's the most dangerous offensive player on the team.

Just hadto respond to this quote...IMHO...it is offbase to say the team got better without Smith. Smith was a huge factor in wins over Sealy and Cuero in the 1st 5 games of season last year...absolutely huge!! No way they got better without him. They did great...no doubt...but they would have been much better with him!!!!

I agree that Blakemore is a big difference maker on the team and is playing great. The one handed, freakin incredible TD catch he made against Cuero in playoffs last beats about anything I have ever seen.

The game will be about matchups. Wimberly O-line against Sealy front 7. Hard to predict...Sealy could not stop CL but WHS has not run ball that well...especially early in games...and then there is the secondary against WHS passing game. And do not forget that QB Brady Lambert is a legit running or passing threat as well. Sealy definitely seems to have enough skills type players to make it interesting. WHS front 8 is very quick compared to most defensive fronts. Quick defense ends and linebackers. However, Sealy has some real burners in Seals-Jones, davis and #15 or 5 cannot recall now. Small guy that is really fast so special teams might be a factor. Wooo hooo tough game brewin betweem two good teams.

Texans have simply been a lot better than 1st three opponents and it was not even close with Cuero and LaVernia. Of course everyone else has pretty much handled those schools as well. Dripping Springs is 4A and could really throw the ball but they quite simply could not cover in the secondary. Texans will hit harder and fly to ball more than other teams Sealy has played. How good are Kashmere, St Pius, and LaGrange. Struggling I think. Not sure about St Pius. Small Cathlolic school in Houston but had a good player go to Texasn a year or two back. Canyon lake gave up 23 points to LaVernia who was really not good on offense. Perhaps it was late scores against reserves or maybe CL has issues on defense. Hard to know.

A lot of rambling thoughts...oops...I predict tough exciting game that goes 4 quarters. WHS seems a little more versatile and very agressive against run thus far.

wimbo_pro
09-20-2011, 02:58 PM
You said yall would pull away in the 3rd. Seals-Jones was only a soph last year. He is stronger and more mature this year plus every play starts with the ball in his hands. That wasn't the case last year. Someone must be wowed by him or he would not be getting the offers he is getting.

I was very "wowed" by SJ last year. They just didnt use him enough. No idea why they didnt play action pass on the conversion. all he had to do was throw it up high...game over.

Sportshack
09-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Trojan,

A very balanced, well reasoned and analytical assessment....what the heck are you doing posting on this thread???? Seriously good thougths on talent etc.

hookandladder
09-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Bottom line, you better wrap SJ up at the LOS our he will make your secondary look really bad. Just not fair to have that size and speed, he looks like Vince Young when he breaks the LOS. The bonus Sealy has also is Davis, he will pound the ball inside and is hard to bring down. Wimberley had trouble with Dripping Springs and they had no athlete that could compare to SJ carrrying the ball, think there will be a major wakeup call come Friday night.

wimbo_pro
09-20-2011, 04:01 PM
... think there will be a major wakeup call come Friday night.

Wish I could be there...gonna be in Nevada Friday night. Bummer...

Tejastrue
09-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Bottom line, you better wrap SJ up at the LOS our he will make your secondary look really bad. Just not fair to have that size and speed, he looks like Vince Young when he breaks the LOS. The bonus Sealy has also is Davis, he will pound the ball inside and is hard to bring down. Wimberley had trouble with Dripping Springs and they had no athlete that could compare to SJ carrrying the ball, think there will be a major wakeup call come Friday night.

What you are saying is you hope it will be a wake up call so you feel better about your own team. You guys played this team tight until the 4th. Total yardage per team was close so what you believe that the La Grange team matched up better with Sealy than Wimberley will? What trouble did we have with 4A Dripping Springs (3-1) that wasn't created by our own miscues like penalties and turnovers?

Wimberley
Dripping Springs

Total yards

First downs

Rushes/Yds
33/239
24/44

Average rush

Comp/Atts
13/24/1
16/34/4

Pass yards

Comp pct

Punts

Punting Yards

Punting Average

Fumbles/Lost
3/2
1/1

Penalties-yards
12-94
8-41

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm just curious why they wouldn't think they can win. :confused:

Tejastrue
09-20-2011, 07:23 PM

Now if we can get the Sealy players to believe that then we'll be just fine...

Tejastrue
09-20-2011, 07:39 PM
A little bit of pre-game buildup starting to unfold:

http://www.lonestargridiron.com/tag/sealy-tigers/

Tiger Dad
09-20-2011, 07:57 PM

Might as well have been reading the Wimberley newspaper.

Tejastrue
09-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Might as well have been reading the Wimberley newspaper.

:spitlol: :spitlol::spitlol:

wimbo_pro
09-20-2011, 08:15 PM

I certainly hope they at least THINK they can win. That would be sad if the faithful didnt.

hookandladder
09-20-2011, 08:15 PM
What you are saying is you hope it will be a wake up call so you feel better about your own team. You guys played this team tight until the 4th. Total yardage per team was close so what you believe that the La Grange team matched up better with Sealy than Wimberley will? What trouble did we have with 4A Dripping Springs (3-1) that wasn't created by our own miscues like penalties and turnovers?

Wimberley
Dripping Springs

Total yards

First downs

Rushes/Yds
33/239
24/44

Average rush

Comp/Atts
13/24/1
16/34/4

Pass yards

Comp pct

Punts

Punting Yards

Punting Average

Fumbles/Lost
3/2
1/1

Penalties-yards
12-94
8-41

Yes, I feel we are a better team then our record, we have played a very tough schedule other then Yoakum. We are running a new offense that is taking time to develope however our D has been playing well, just ask Columbia. A lot of teams with good records right now have not played anybody, time will tell. I am just saying you guys think you will roll Sealy and I think you will not, Sealy will give you guys a good game. Bottom line, you guys will roll thru region 4 with Cuero being down til you meet up with Columbia in same Divsion.

wimbo_pro
09-20-2011, 08:17 PM

Well...this proves it. We already got it in the bag!! LOL

Tiger Dad
09-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Yes, I feel we are a better team then our record, we have played a very tough schedule other then Yoakum. We are running a new offense that is taking time to develope however our D has been playing well, just ask Columbia. A lot of teams with good records right now have not played anybody, time will tell. I am just saying you guys think you will roll Sealy and I think you will not, Sealy will give you guys a good game. Bottom line, you guys will roll thru region 4 with Cuero being down til you meet up with Columbia in same Divsion.

I'm not sure Columbia is as strong as people think they almost lost to Kashmere.

wimbo_pro
09-20-2011, 08:18 PM

Good points, Hook. But just to make a point...Cuero hasnt beat us in the last 4 meetings, I believe. With or without Cuero, we SHOULD get through Region 4. Time will tell.

Tejastrue
09-20-2011, 08:24 PM

Understand Hook. I don't think most of us feel we will roll Sealy, we just get caught up in the moment with the homer comments flying from both sides. I know I do. If we don't respect them then we'll definitely be in trouble and get humbled.

sTxforlife
09-20-2011, 09:19 PM
I was very "wowed" by SJ last year. They just didnt use him enough. No idea why they didnt play action pass on the conversion. all he had to do was throw it up high...game over.
If you go back and watch the tape u will see Barrett, our normal qb, all alone in the endzone with no one even close to him pre snap or during the play

HSFB
09-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Just hadto respond to this quote...IMHO...it is offbase to say the team got better without Smith. Smith was a huge factor in wins over Sealy and Cuero in the 1st 5 games of season last year...absolutely huge!! No way they got better without him. They did great...no doubt...but they would have been much better with him!!!!

I agree that Blakemore is a big difference maker on the team and is playing great. The one handed, freakin incredible TD catch he made against Cuero in playoffs last beats about anything I have ever seen.

The game will be about matchups. Wimberly O-line against Sealy front 7. Hard to predict...Sealy could not stop CL but WHS has not run ball that well...especially early in games...and then there is the secondary against WHS passing game. And do not forget that QB Brady Lambert is a legit running or passing threat as well. Sealy definitely seems to have enough skills type players to make it interesting. WHS front 8 is very quick compared to most defensive fronts. Quick defense ends and linebackers. However, Sealy has some real burners in Seals-Jones, davis and #15 or 5 cannot recall now. Small guy that is really fast so special teams might be a factor. Wooo hooo tough game brewin betweem two good teams.

Texans have simply been a lot better than 1st three opponents and it was not even close with Cuero and LaVernia. Of course everyone else has pretty much handled those schools as well. Dripping Springs is 4A and could really throw the ball but they quite simply could not cover in the secondary. Texans will hit harder and fly to ball more than other teams Sealy has played. How good are Kashmere, St Pius, and LaGrange. Struggling I think. Not sure about St Pius. Small Cathlolic school in Houston but had a good player go to Texasn a year or two back. Canyon lake gave up 23 points to LaVernia who was really not good on offense. Perhaps it was late scores against reserves or maybe CL has issues on defense. Hard to know.

A lot of rambling thoughts...oops...I predict tough exciting game that goes 4 quarters. WHS seems a little more versatile and very agressive against run thus far.

I agree Shack.....the team continued to get better and compete at a high level when Smith went out but in NOOOOOOO WAY is it better without him. The kid is a TREMENDOUS difference maker on both sides of the ball. He is one of the if not the best defenders when on D and we all know what he brings to the O side of the ball with opeining things up for everyone around him. If you think the O is explosive now then just wait until he returns as he is the type of player that you have to game-plan for and, like I said, opens things up just that much more for everyone else. He is also a very good blocker....

Sportshack
09-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Cuero slipped a playoff win in there against WHS in 2007 (3rd round). WHS won 2006, 2010 (twice) and 2011. Just sayin:)

Sportshack
09-20-2011, 10:54 PM

I agree that he will give secondary some fits if he gets in open space, which he will. He is a different level athlete. DS gave WHS fits throwing the ball. They had good throwing Qb and pretty sophisticated passing attack. Wimberley is quick in D-line and LB corp. Their defensive ends are athletic types that have big motors. Actually they have some guys in secondary that are tough as boots but the combination of size and speed will be a challenge. Hopefully they will be able to create some probs. They are also very well coached. Nonetheless, it is hard to know how a team will fare agains talented guys like S-J and Davis. Davis did not fare to well last year if memory serves me correct. Of course he is older and bigger and has the Seals-Jones factor working for him. I was impressed with him breaking tackles in Canyon Lake game in the early going. He did seem to fade late in the game to some extent. Maybe CL just got used to his physicality or blocking wore down.

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2011, 04:15 AM
Now if we can get the Sealy players to believe that then we'll be just fine...
I'd expect the players to think they can win as well. It's not like Sealy sucks or anything. You're not playing Austin School of the Blind, Deaf & Dumb...or Liberty Hill 2009. Remind me how that turned out for ya? :devil: :p

Tejastrue
09-21-2011, 05:42 AM
I'd expect the players to think they can win as well. It's not like Sealy sucks or anything. You're not playing Austin School of the Blind, Deaf & Dumb...or Liberty Hill 2009. Remind me how that turned out for ya? :devil: :p

Not that's a stretch. Do you really want to go there? :thinking:

hookandladder
09-21-2011, 06:00 AM
I agree that he will give secondary some fits if he gets in open space, which he will. He is a different level athlete. DS gave WHS fits throwing the ball. They had good throwing Qb and pretty sophisticated passing attack. Wimberley is quick in D-line and LB corp. Their defensive ends are athletic types that have big motors. Actually they have some guys in secondary that are tough as boots but the combination of size and speed will be a challenge. Hopefully they will be able to create some probs. They are also very well coached. Nonetheless, it is hard to know how a team will fare agains talented guys like S-J and Davis. Davis did not fare to well last year if memory serves me correct. Of course he is older and bigger and has the Seals-Jones factor working for him. I was impressed with him breaking tackles in Canyon Lake game in the early going. He did seem to fade late in the game to some extent. Maybe CL just got used to his physicality or blocking wore down.

There is no doubt in my mind that Wimberley is the overall better team ,just saying with SJ at QB Sealy is a different animal this year. Your DE's will have to play well to keep him from getting to the outside and yes I would say Wimberley will win the coaching battle also. Should be a great game, I will be bird hunting so hopefully someone will keep updates on 3Adownlow. Good Luck to both teams.

ogg
09-21-2011, 08:14 AM

So you're saying that Austin school of Blind, Deaf & Dumb and Liberty Hill are on the same level?

Tejastrue
09-21-2011, 11:19 AM

So you're saying that Austin school of Blind, Deaf & Dumb and Liberty Hill are on the same level?

LHP Mom's point being miracles can happen... I guess. Well, they did hang on and beat us that year when we were 4-3 and not that good. Down 20-0 at HT, we were just a poorly thrown ball away in the last seconds from a great comeback. I believe we made it to the Qtr finals that year. How'd you guys do? :taunt:

ogg
09-21-2011, 12:18 PM
LHP Mom's point being miracles can happen... I guess. Well, they did hang on and beat us that year when we were 4-3 and not that good. Down 20-0 at HT, we were just a poorly thrown ball away in the last seconds from a great comeback. I believe we made it to the Qtr finals that year. How'd you guys do? :taunt:

Remember the game Tejas, I thought we would win that game without a problem in Liberty Hill even. Didn't the game come down to a failed 2 pt conversion by us to tie?

Sportshack
09-21-2011, 12:31 PM

Actually in 2009 team played in Regional Finals against Graham who later advanced to state championship game. Beat Glen Rose, Iowa Park, and Brownwood in one year foray in to Region I playoffs. Only district loss was to Liberty Hill who did not make playoffs. Coaches could not figure out basketball pitch play until 2 TD's on the board. Just not Wimberley's night. Lost early in season after QB hurt in 2nd game. needed 2-point conversion to tie LH after furious comeback and missed receiver. Heck...WHS was down to Fredericksburg something like 21-7 at half the next week and had to rally like crazy to win that game.

This year. WHS does not have enough elite speed or size to take any of the better teams for granted. I predict that the Sealy game will be a competitive game sports fans. I hope i am wrong and WHS throttles them.

Tejastrue
09-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Remember the game Tejas, I thought we would win that game without a problem in Liberty Hill even. Didn't the game come down to a failed 2 pt conversion by us to tie?

Yes, worst pass attempt of the night for the two pointer but man that was a great ending... Sorry Sportshack, it was in the qtr finals where we fell apart against Graham.

http://www2.uiltexas.org/athletics/archives/football/playoff_brackets/09_10/pdf/3A_Division2.pdf

gold_33
09-21-2011, 03:57 PM
This matchup reminds me of 05 when we played WOS and they had Beasley and Thomas, but they could not stop our offense and we had a pefect game plan on D to keep Beasley from making big plays. Much of the same will happen friday because if Sealy couldnt slow down Canyon Lake then they have no chance of stopping our O because we have way more weapons than CL does. Coach Smith will find a way to slow down Seals-Jones, I'm sure he'll make a few plays but not enough to change the outcome.

Tiger Dad
09-21-2011, 06:28 PM
This matchup reminds me of 05 when we played WOS and they had Beasley and Thomas, but they could not stop our offense and we had a pefect game plan on D to keep Beasley from making big plays. Much of the same will happen friday because if Sealy couldnt slow down Canyon Lake then they have no chance of stopping our O because we have way more weapons than CL does. Coach Smith will find a way to slow down Seals-Jones, I'm sure he'll make a few plays but not enough to change the outcome.Yall sure don't have much respect for Canyon Lake I would not overlook Henshaw he will make you pay.

Tejastrue
09-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Yall sure don't have much respect for Canyon Lake I would not overlook Henshaw he will make you pay.

Quite the opposite Tiger Dad, but their offense is as they say, a one trick pony, a very good one indeed with Henshaw but still one weapon. I know they've had a bit of success with the pass but it all plays off of Henshaw... at least thus far into the season. If they're not careful he'll be worn down come the end of district play. How do you compare him to say your own guy in J. Davis?

snaxet
09-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Yall sure don't have much respect for Canyon Lake I would not overlook Henshaw he will make you pay.

Henshaw will always get his yards. He will carry somewhere between 32 and 38 times a game. That is one dimensional. We have great respect for him and the Canyon Lake Hawks. If we can take care of business Friday night that should feature a game of two unbeatens. Will be quite a battle. But that is for another day to discuss. Right now it is all about Sealy and the point that was being made was that Canyon Lake does not have the versatility that Wimberley has on offense. If it was difficult for Sealy to stop a one dimensional team then it could be hard for Sealy to stop Wimberley. I saw the game with Canyon Lake and felt that Sealy would win since they controlled the ball the last 2 minutes. I was very impressed with Seals Jones. He has improved since last year and runs hard. He is hard to tackle and he is the type of player who can control a game with his ability. Why the coach took the ball out of his hands is beyond me. When the Canyon Lake coaches and players saw him move to receiver they probably had a little sigh of relief, because it was just a matter of seconds before he would have been in the end zone. I did not see Sealy's defense being as strong as last year, but I did feel that they had a solid secondary. Our offense is much better than last year even with Smith out. (Although if we had Smith we would be even better he is just a great blocker and can catch the ball over the middle so well). LaVernia put 8 players in the box to stop the run and we threw all over them. Then in second half we went straight to the run and began to move the ball even against an 8 man front. I just don't know if Sealy has the line play to keep up with us. We will see. I did notice that Seals Jones did not play much defense and when he was in it looked like he really didn't play at the level he did last year. I suspect that he will be out on defense a little more this week since we will pass more. I don't know how that will affect him as the game goes on. He is in conditon, but I am sure the coach will not want to risk an injury to him with District coming up. Looking forward to the trip. Texans 48 Sealy 21

Tiger Dad
09-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Quite the opposite Tiger Dad, but their offense is as they say, a one trick pony, a very good one indeed with Henshaw but still one weapon. I know they've had a bit of success with the pass but it all plays off of Henshaw... at least thus far into the season. If they're not careful he'll be worn down come the end of district play. How do you compare him to say your own guy in J. Davis?They are both very hard to take down with one defender.They both get lots of yards after contact. Not sure about speed. I would love to see what Davis could do in an offense built for him. Davis has very good hands and catches well out of the backfield. They both seem to get stronger as they get more carries. We will never get to see Davis with a fullback leading through the hole and getting 35 carries a game. I would have loved to see him in T.J. Mills old offense of the 90's. I think what he has done thus far in the spread with limited carries is pretty amazing. I think he will only get better with age as he is only a junior. Having SJ as a running threat will only open things up more for him. Not looking past this season, but I can't wait to see them both next year as seniors with an experienced line. We only have 1 OL who took a varsity snap last year.

Tejastrue
09-21-2011, 09:33 PM
They are both very hard to take down with one defender.They both get lots of yards after contact. Not sure about speed. I would love to see what Davis could do in an offense built for him. Davis has very good hands and catches well out of the backfield. They both seem to get stronger as they get more carries. We will never get to see Davis with a fullback leading through the hole and getting 35 carries a game. I would have loved to see him in T.J. Mills old offense of the 90's. I think what he has done thus far in the spread with limited carries is pretty amazing. I think he will only get better with age as he is only a junior. Having SJ as a running threat will only open things up more for him. Not looking past this season, but I can't wait to see them both next year as seniors with an experienced line. We only have 1 OL who took a varsity snap last year.

Thanks for the insight. We also have questions regarding our OL but it appears both teams are answering those questions in a positive way.

TexanAlum_06
09-22-2011, 12:38 AM
You said yall would pull away in the 3rd. Seals-Jones was only a soph last year. He is stronger and more mature this year plus every play starts with the ball in his hands. That wasn't the case last year. Someone must be wowed by him or he would not be getting the offers he is getting.

Do you actually read the post you're responding to before responding to it? Do you always feel slighted when someone speaks objectively?

Incase you didn't notice I said "But I also thought your coaches didn't give him the ball enough either. Will get a better look on Friday since he's at QB." If I recall correctly, WimboPro and I both commented at the game last year that it was perplexing as to why your OC wasn't calling plays to get the ball in his hands. I mean c'mon, he had 5 inches on the DB. Fade pass. Fade pass. Fade pass? I for one am glad the OC didn't because the final outcome could of been very different.

Regarding hype, I'm a believe it when I see it type of person. Judging off stats SJ definitely seems to be tearing it up this year at QB (as I said,"I do not doubt your comments regarding Seals-Jones"), but at the same time he or Sealy's offense haven't faced a D as good as ours this year; that I'm sure of. Are we the Steel Curtain reincarnate? No. Do we have our weakspots? Absolutely. Will we play smart and disciplined, swarm to the football, and most importantly, (as coach Parker would say) hit you right in the damn mouth like you stole something? You better believe it. We're comin'.

They're significantly improved over last year and are coached by a very good DC. One that is very good at drawing up game plans to attack opponents best players. Therefore I'm not "buying the hype" until I see it with my own eyes. Trust me, if SJ shreds our defense, whether we win or lose, I will be the first one on here offering his praise.

On further analysis, it's crucial that we not bunch up in the box and give too much space outside the hashes. With the exception of Blakemoore and maybe Wilson, our defense lacks elite speed IMO. If SJ or the RB gets to the edge on opposite side of the field from Blakemoore it's probably going to the house. I remember the RB, he's going to be a hand full. If our LB's struggle to fill gaps he's going to do some damage up the middle between the safeties. I'm counting on Alana to have a big game. Matter of fact, I'm really looking forward to watching him and SJ go at it. Nick is a smart, athletic and physical MLB and he also tackles very well - Honestly reminds me of an old teammate of mine, Jacob Biddle. Who was arguably the best LB to dawn a Texan uniform. (Though I may be a little biased on that & admittedly don't know much about the early years/players)

This is going to be one exciting game. I expect most of the scoring to be from big plays.

hookandladder
09-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Do you actually read the post you're responding to before responding to it? Do you always feel slighted when someone speaks objectively?

Incase you didn't notice I said "But I also thought your coaches didn't give him the ball enough either. Will get a better look on Friday since he's at QB." If I recall correctly, WimboPro and I both commented at the game last year that it was perplexing as to why your OC wasn't calling plays to get the ball in his hands. I mean c'mon, he had 5 inches on the DB. Fade pass. Fade pass. Fade pass? I for one am glad the OC didn't because the final outcome could of been very different.

Regarding hype, I'm a believe it when I see it type of person. Judging off stats SJ definitely seems to be tearing it up this year at QB (as I said,"I do not doubt your comments regarding Seals-Jones"), but at the same time he or Sealy's offense haven't faced a D as good as ours this year; that I'm sure of. Are we the Steel Curtain reincarnate? No. Do we have our weakspots? Absolutely. Will we play smart and disciplined, swarm to the football, and most importantly, (as coach Parker would say) hit you right in the damn mouth like you stole something? You better believe it. We're comin'.

They're significantly improved over last year and are coached by a very good DC. One that is very good at drawing up game plans to attack opponents best players. Therefore I'm not "buying the hype" until I see it with my own eyes. Trust me, if SJ shreds our defense, whether we win or lose, I will be the first one on here offering his praise.

On further analysis, it's crucial that we not bunch up in the box and give too much space outside the hashes. With the exception of Blakemoore and maybe Wilson, our defense lacks elite speed IMO. If SJ or the RB gets to the edge on opposite side of the field from Blakemoore it's probably going to the house. I remember the RB, he's going to be a hand full. If our LB's struggle to fill gaps he's going to do some damage up the middle between the safeties. I'm counting on Alana to have a big game. Matter of fact, I'm really looking forward to watching him and SJ go at it. Nick is a smart, athletic and physical MLB and he also tackles very well - Honestly reminds me of an old teammate of mine, Jacob Biddle. Who was arguably the best LB to dawn a Texan uniform. (Though I may be a little biased on that & admittedly don't know much about the early years/players)

This is going to be one exciting game. I expect most of the scoring to be from big plays.

I hate to say it but in our last 2 games with Sealy , it seems like there are times where Coach Mitchell over coaches on offense if there is such a thing. Just put the ball in SJ's hands and let him do his thing, that will open it up for Davis also.

trojandad
09-22-2011, 06:40 AM
well if were being honest im hoping sealy shows some weaknesses in wimberleys team because my gut feeling is the texans have very few to expose.....will be a determining game for whether we see sealy in any rankings this year....as well as being extremely interesting for us as well as navasota this year....good luck to both teams and fans.....

Tejastrue
09-22-2011, 09:30 AM
A view from the dark side, I mean the Sealy local news. :)

http://www.sealynews.com/sports/article_70bdc8e8-e50d-11e0-8f9a-001cc4c002e0.html

Tejastrue
09-22-2011, 09:45 AM
well if were being honest im hoping sealy shows some weaknesses in wimberleys team because my gut feeling is the texans have very few to expose.....will be a determining game for whether we see sealy in any rankings this year....as well as being extremely interesting for us as well as navasota this year....good luck to both teams and fans.....

Thanks Trojandad. I really believe it's important for us to do well, especially on defense.

lbjacj
09-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Where is Sealy's stadium? Texas Bob's shows it at 939 Tiger lane but the map link shows it on Frydek road. Did they build a new stadium?:confused:

957tiger
09-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Where is Sealy's stadium? Texas Bob's shows it at 939 Tiger lane but the map link shows it on Frydek road. Did they build a new stadium?:confused:

From a" dark side" reader. The stadium is actually on Hwy 90 E and Circle drive. You can best reach it by exiting on the first Sealy exit 3538 on I-10E. Turn left under the freeway. Appox 1/2 you will come to a T. That is Highway 90 turn right (east) and travel about 2.5 miles. The stadium is on your left at the intersection. The visitors side is on the East side. Parking is somewhat limited to street parking.

If you come early and need to eat, you can turn right at the intersection and travel about 1/2 mile to the intersection of Hwy 36 and Circle Dr. Plenty of places to choose from from. Have a safe drive

Tiger Dad
09-22-2011, 04:35 PM

This is going to be one exciting game. I expect most of the scoring to be from big plays.Yes , I read the post. You predicted Yall would pullaway in the 3rd. I responded that if yall wait till the 3rd it could give these young tigers some added confidence. I didn't even predict we would win. Typical pompus child, you didn't read my post .That state championship you list on the bottom of your page sure is impressive would you like me to list ours ?

lbjacj
09-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Here's some nice pics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhifkSn5PWU&feature=youtu.be

Tiger Dad
09-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Less than 24 hours !

sTxforlife
09-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Less than 24 hours !
well lookie there, the hillbilly from sealy can tell time

ogg
09-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Here's some nice pics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhifkSn5PWU&feature=youtu.be

Cool video, thanks!

Tejastrue
09-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Less than 24 hours !

well lookie there, the hillbilly from sealy can tell time

Yep, one beer down, 23 to go... :D

trojandad
09-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Yep, one beer down, 23 to go... :D

remind me to not get on you guys bad side.....<hiccup>.....

:clap:

Tejastrue
09-22-2011, 09:37 PM
It appears some of the Canyon Lake faithful are Sealy believers.. :mad:

http://hilltopnewspaper.com/

That is kinda neat to post picks from the local businesses. :clap:

BLEEDZGREEN
09-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Good Luck to the TEXANS!!

Tejastrue
09-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Good Luck to the TEXANS!!

Thanks Bleedz!!

Tiger Dad
09-23-2011, 08:07 AM
I think I smell an upset brewing.

regaleagle
09-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Yes, it's Friday nite lites time again. Isn't is just wonderful!! Tonite, there wil be many big games thruout Texas on gridiron sites that encompass the majority of the families that live in these towns around Texas. Where else but Texas! I myself grew up in Goliad, a small 3a school, and played JV & Varsity ball under the lites, so I can relate. It's a little different in 4a & 5a ball, than it is in the lower classifications. The partiicipants in these classifications make up the football squad on JV & Varsity,(possibly Freshmen also), the band, the cheerleaders, the pom, pom, flag-bearing squads, and whatever else that school has developed to accompany the Friday Nite Lites game.The families of these communites are deeply involved, as is the whole of the town, in the participation and success or failure of "their" team each and every week during the season, no more so than in this, the football season. Wimberley has a 'big game" tonite with Sealy. There are other big games thruout the state tonite. IMHO, tonite we all win. Regardless of the outcomes across gridrion sites in this great state, we are all blessed to have a tradition-rich legacy called Friday nite lites to look forward to each year at this time. Stop for a moment sometime today and give thanks for what we have here in Texas. Look at the world as a whole, then look at your life individually. Look in the mirror and see yourself. Then get on your knees and say a prayer that tonite the contests will be played without serious injuries and with the hearts of all involved in the right place. It's a great day to be a Texas resident, so enjoy it while you can, and let the games begin. Wimberley 31 Sealy 28
+

ogg
09-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Yes, it's Friday nite lites time again. Isn't is just wonderful!! Tonite, there wil be many big games thruout Texas on gridiron sites that encompass the majority of the families that live in these towns around Texas. Where else but Texas! I myself grew up in Goliad, a small 3a school, and played JV & Varsity ball under the lites, so I can relate. It's a little different in 4a & 5a ball, than it is in the lower classifications. The partiicipants in these classifications make up the football squad on JV & Varsity,(possibly Freshmen also), the band, the cheerleaders, the pom, pom, flag-bearing squads, and whatever else that school has developed to accompany the Friday Nite Lites game.The families of these communites are deeply involved, as is the whole of the town, in the participation and success or failure of "their" team each and every week during the season, no more so than in this, the football season. Wimberley has a 'big game" tonite with Sealy. There are other big games thruout the state tonite. IMHO, tonite we all win. Regardless of the outcomes across gridrion sites in this great state, we are all blessed to have a tradition-rich legacy called Friday nite lites to look forward to each year at this time. Stop for a moment sometime today and give thanks for what we have here in Texas. Look at the world as a whole, then look at your life individually. Look in the mirror and see yourself. Then get on your knees and say a prayer that tonite the contests will be played without serious injuries and with the hearts of all involved in the right place. It's a great day to be a Texas resident, so enjoy it while you can, and let the games begin. Wimberley 31 Sealy 28
+

Curious, how did you choose 31 points for Wimberley?

buff4ever
09-23-2011, 09:09 AM
wimberley wins this one by 2 scores, and LG fans start to realize what to expect for rest of year, they are counting on Sealy winning here so they can keep up some confidence

TigerPride12
09-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Really Excited for the game tonight, Sealy knows that their main goal here is to improve from the week before and grow as a team. As much as the hype is around Seals-Jones and Davis (They are standout players) I believe the battle will be won in the trenches. Will Sealy's o line be able to stay on their blocks till the whistle blows and open up holes? Will Wimberley's d-line be able to contain Seals-Jones and Davis? No one can ever forget about the boys on the line!

Tejastrue
09-23-2011, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE=regaleagle;1612154] Stop for a moment sometime today and give thanks for what we have here in Texas. Look at the world as a whole, then look at your life individually. Look in the mirror and see yourself. Then get on your knees and say a prayer that tonite the contests will be played without serious injuries and with the hearts of all involved in the right place. It's a great day to be a TEXAN, so enjoy it while you can, and let the games begin.

Hey regaleagle, do you and 957t hang out? Just kidding...;) Appreciate your comments but I did make a subtle change to the last part of your post. Hope you don't mind...

Tejastrue
09-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Really Excited for the game tonight, Sealy knows that their main goal here is to improve from the week before and grow as a team. As much as the hype is around Seals-Jones and Davis (They are standout players) I believe the battle will be won in the trenches. Will Sealy's o line be able to stay on their blocks till the whistle blows and open up holes? Will Wimberley's d-line be able to contain Seals-Jones and Davis? No one can ever forget about the boys on the line!
:iagree: with one addition. Will Sealy's D be able to contain Lambert, Blakemore, Burttschell and Wilson? As you said, it will be all about the trenches.

Tejastrue
09-23-2011, 09:42 AM
I think I smell an upset brewing.

Take a couple of tums Tiger Dad. You'll be okay.

Manso/V8
09-23-2011, 11:47 AM
This has been a great thread to watch, I am sure the game will live up to it. I have learned a few things.

Wimberley fans can come off a bit elitist.
Most true Texans appreciate a "dirty truck with expired tags" and not so much the leased Land Rovers, Jaguars, and
Mini Coopers you see around Wimberley. No worries, there is a car wash near the stadium in case your vehicle gets dusty on the way to Sealy.

Some 3adownlow posters "gush" over the athleticism of certain players too much.
Telling a high school kid how great he is over and over sometimes doesn't work out too well in the long run.

The "blown call" last year was a blown call.
I never really had any interest in that call or knew any details until reading this thread. But based on the initial call by the ref closest to the play, the comments from the Sealy player at gaurd, the comments from the Sealy poster who had the chance to review the game film from various angles, the defensive posture of the Wimberley posters, and the photographic evidence provided by the Wimberley poster....it is clear that the ball broke the plane before the ball carrier's knee hit the ground.

Wimberley might be overrated
Looking at the record and stats of the teams they have played this year, and the Wimberley stats, the 3-0 record is not all that impressive. The game tonight will be telling. I think Smithville would have given you them the best test and possibly beat them. I say Sealy makes a late surge, goes for two, and this time the refs get the call right.
32-31 Sealy.

Above all, I hope for a safe and injury free game.

ogg
09-23-2011, 12:08 PM
This has been a great thread to watch, I am sure the game will live up to it. I have learned a few things.

Wimberley fans can come off a bit elitist.
Most true Texans appreciate a "dirty truck with expired tags" and not so much the leased Land Rovers, Jaguars, and
Mini Coopers you see around Wimberley. No worries, there is a car wash near the stadium in case your vehicle gets dusty on the way to Sealy.

Some 3adownlow posters "gush" over the athleticism of certain players too much.
Telling a high school kid how great he is over and over sometimes doesn't work out too well in the long run.

I never really had any interest in that call or knew any details until reading this thread. But based on the initial call by the ref closest to the play, the comments from the Sealy player at gaurd, the comments from the Sealy poster who had the chance to review the game film from various angles, the defensive posture of the Wimberley posters, and the photographic evidence provided by the Wimberley poster....it is clear that the ball broke the plane before the ball carrier's knee hit the ground.

Wimberley might be overrated
Looking at the record and stats of the teams they have played this year, and the Wimberley stats, the 3-0 record is not all that impressive. The game tonight will be telling. I think Smithville would have given you them the best test and possibly beat them. I say Sealy makes a late surge, goes for two, and this time the refs get the call right.
32-31 Sealy.

Above all, I hope for a safe and injury free game.
You get the goofy post award for this thread. Agree with the last sentence.

Sportshack
09-23-2011, 12:12 PM
If Wimberley offeense can control line of scrimmage...then it is likely game over because that allows Wimberley to hit you from all angles. Canyon lake was pretty one dimensional against Sealy and flat out dominated the line of scrimmage on offense. However, I liked the looks of Canyon Lake's offensive line. They struck me a very mobile group that had moderat size. I will take a moderate size line that is quick and athletic over large guys with slow feet any day. The WHS '05 State champ offensive line was small to moderate sized outside of Buck Burnette who was legit D-1 talent. I am talking 185 lb guards, a 200Lb center and a 230 lb tackle. Those guys were amazingly good. So much so that WO-S defensive coach was just throwing up his hands on sideline as his defense was shredded by running game in semi-finals. Sooo...will WHS have same success running as CL...I am guessing no...but hope..hope...hope that I am wrong...wrong...wrong. Just not sold on O-line just yet. They are getting better though. However, the WHS passing attack and off schedule running of Lambert add an element that just was not present with CL. Of course, they did not need it as it turned out. I keep thinking Sealy will provide a better challenge on pass defense than seen thus far. Sooo in the final anaylsis...it all depends...LOL. Is the O-line of CL otherwordly or was Sealy defensive front just not that good? It really is too bad that Dennis Smith is out because he also has elite level athleticism that would have been nice to have at OLB against RB and QB runs. WHS should win but a little nervous about this one.

rb585
09-23-2011, 12:34 PM

Eh brah! Pass me some of that stuff you're smoking!

Tejastrue
09-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Nice to voice an opinion late Manso/V8, nice play on the Manso thing by dropping the n, cause you're every bit as crazy as he was. When you talk about gushing, I believe most of it went toward the two Sealy players, including kudos from the Wimberley folk. Can't control the polls/ratings thing but if you want to debate it, look last year at Sealy and how their season ended. In their defense they came up against a team that was on a roll in Navasota, Tigers gone in the first round. Nothing wrong with believing in your team and the abilities of the players. Not sure how you can even mention the elitist thing. Call it homerism maybe. Agree with OGG about your last sentence. Oh yeah, by the way, my 13 yr old truck is paid for and parked at the end of the dirt road, just past my barn and tractor. Damn, my truck tags are up to date... still, Texan born and raised.

Tex
09-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Ya'll sound like a bunch of dang women :crazy:

Tejastrue
09-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Ya'll sound like a bunch of dang women :crazy:

Everyone welcome Tex. An historic first comment... :clap: :clap:

Forgot to mention Tex, there are plenty of women posters here. if you stick around you'll find out soon enough.

Tex
09-23-2011, 02:37 PM
LOL - thanks True - the thread has been entertaining to say the least and my kid has made me laugh at some of his comments to it as the boys have been keeping up with it. Won't be at the game - but will be getting updates - Go Texans!

gold_33
09-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Watched our JV put a whopping on Sealy's JV last night, 46-13. Think it'll be much of the same tonite for the varsity game, too many weapons for them to slow us down. Safe travels to Wimberley folks, should be a good night for football.

Tejastrue
09-23-2011, 03:01 PM
LOL - thanks True - the thread has been entertaining to say the least and my kid has made me laugh at some of his comments to it as the boys have been keeping up with it. Won't be at the game - but will be getting updates - Go Texans!

Good to hear Tex and welcome once again. It has been fun. Just a note; www.wimberleyradio.com (http://www.wimberleyradio.com) is carrying this online.

Tejastrue
09-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Just wanted to wish all the Sealy posters here "Good Luck tonight". Enjoyed the comments from TigerPride12 and the sparing with both you Tiger Dad and sTxforlife. 957t, thanks for the driving directions and restaurant tips. As for your comments, I really do get what you were saying. Prayers for a clean, non-controversial :evillol: and injury free game. No matter the final score, it has been fun.:thumbsup:

Tiger Dad
09-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Just wanted to wish all the Sealy posters here "Good Luck tonight". Enjoyed the comments from TigerPride12 and the sparing with both you Tiger Dad and sTxforlife. 957t, thanks for the driving directions and restaurant tips. As for your comments, I really do get what you were saying. Prayers for a clean, non-controversial :evillol: and injury free game. No matter the final score, it has been fun.:thumbsup:It has been alot of fun. Hope I haven't offended anyone. Safe travels to all of your fans. Hopefully we get the game we are all hoping for. Regardless of the outcome I wish yall great things for the rest of the season. GO TIGERS !

regaleagle
09-23-2011, 03:25 PM
To answer you question OGG, how does Wimberley end up with 31 pts? I figure sometime in the 4th quarter the coach decides to take a shot at the field goal on 4th down to go up by more than 8 pts. It's 4th and however many, and Wimberley makes the field goal to go up by 10.

1st and goal
09-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Is this game on the internet? Radio?

Tiger Dad
09-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Is this game on the internet? Radio?Yes, on the net at Sealy Tiger Sports Network.

fourbeee
09-23-2011, 07:38 PM
1st Q 1:57 W 7 S 0

1st and goal
09-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Watched our JV put a whopping on Sealy's JV last night, 46-13. Think it'll be much of the same tonite for the varsity game, too many weapons for them to slow us down. Safe travels to Wimberley folks, should be a good night for football.

I watched the Giddings Buffs JV run up and down the field on Wimberley during the scrimmage...OTOH, your varsity made our varsity look like they were JVs. They have since gelled and could give y'all a run for your money now. Still not up to your level, just sayin' we could give y'all a good game nowadays. Not sure what happened 2 weeks ago, but the LaVernia JV beat our JV over in LV. Score was close but I don't remember it.

1st and goal
09-23-2011, 08:22 PM
They said going into halftime that Wimberley had a 14 point lead.