PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW: Wimberely @ Sealy

Pages : 1 [2]

Tex
09-23-2011, 08:57 PM
21-7Wimberley at the half....they are saying Seals-Jones looks slow and scared....not forceful at all.......let us see what the second half brings.

Tiger Dad
09-23-2011, 11:40 PM
21-7Wimberley at the half....they are saying Seals-Jones looks slow and scared....not forceful at all.......let us see what the second half brings.I know who looked scared at the end. To all of you who predicted a blowout......... No I'm not gonna do it. You are not nearly as good as you would like to believe. You were much better last year. I think Canyon Lake beats yall.

Tiger Dad
09-23-2011, 11:49 PM
To my Tigers, you grew up tonight. You got within 1 yd of beating the #2 ranked team in the state. I applaud yall for not wanting to go for a tie. I wish for the guys who were there last year that we would have gotten the win but the maturity that you gained tonight will carry you through the rest of the season. You thought you were a good team going in, now you KNOW that you are . I am very optimistic for the rest of the season. You have improved every week if you continue this throughout the season we will be in great shape for the playoffs. Defense you really stepped up tonight ,great job.
Wimberley yall will make a deep run again I am sure. It has been a pleasure to play yall the last couple of years it has made us and probably yall better teams.

wimbo_pro
09-24-2011, 12:17 AM
I am out of the state, and was hoping for a blow by blow...or even a quarterly update...or even a per score update. But....this sucked. I still dont even know what the final score was!!! I take it we won...but no definite confirmation!! WEAK!!!! Help me out people!!

Tiger Dad
09-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Wimberley 28 Sealy 27 we went for two and came up short.

wimbo_pro
09-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Wimberley 28 Sealy 27 we went for two and came up short.

No kidding!! Please tell me the "going for 2" was not contraversial????

Tiger Dad
09-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Going for it may have been, but I agree with the desicion. But yall stopped us.

wimbo_pro
09-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Without knowing more...are you telling me your coach (two years in a row) chose to go for the win versus kicking it? I understand that its HS football...and even in college, that seems to be common. But obviously Sealy was coming from behind...do you agree with the call?

wimbo_pro
09-24-2011, 12:30 AM
We are obviously crossing posts...I am 2 hours behind, so excuse my ignorance here. Sounds like Sealy really stepped up...or we didnt play to our potential...or a bit of both. We are definitely better than last year, just by the fact of having less injuries. Sounds like Sealy fought to the end...which is exactly what they did last year. Tell me more!!!

Tiger Dad
09-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Completely! We had the momentum,the team wanted it , the crowd wanted it. In the playoffs or district I kick but we were in a spot we weren't expected to be . If we win great, if we don't we still proved that we can play with anyone in the state. This showing was huge for our very young team. I'm very proud of our boys.

wimbo_pro
09-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Sounds like it. I look forward to learning more about how it went...obviously the 3rd quarter run-away didnt happen. Damn it...sounds like a game i wish i would have seen!! Well...glad to hear two good teams gave it their all...obviously glad we won...and i look forward to hearing what the take-away was from Wimberley fans. Were injuries kept to a minimum?

trojandad
09-24-2011, 12:41 AM
im with you, wimbo...i mean both sides HAD to be saying "oh lord, here we go again"....im hoping to not hear from some how he absolutely made the 2 pt and got hosed again...

good game to both sides.....now to figure out how much was wimberleys let down and how much was sealys reimergence.....:clap:

lbjacj
09-24-2011, 12:43 AM
The game was close at the end only because thr refs made it so. That was the worst display of homerism I have ever seen in 50 years of watching HS football. 4 game changing calls that never should have been called. Even the official working the clock made sure there was time for the final drive. Nelms should file a complaint against them for obviously trying to give Sealy the game!! Unbelievable!!!

Tiger Dad
09-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Your qb ran the ball well, passing was ok. Yall had one guy go down with a knee I think. I can't remember the #. Yall had a long TD called back for holding. You had a long int. return right before the half we were on about the 30 going in. Our D really stepped it up in the 2nd half and held yall to 7.

snaxet
09-24-2011, 12:45 AM
I am out of the state, and was hoping for a blow by blow...or even a quarterly update...or even a per score update. But....this sucked. I still dont even know what the final score was!!! I take it we won...but no definite confirmation!! WEAK!!!! Help me out people!!

Same scenario as last year. Sealy went for 2 points and win with 16 seconds left. Seals Jones stopped at goal line. Sealy much improved since Canyon Seals Jones played def along with Davis. Lambert had early touchdown called back. Blakemore had punt return to 10 called back. I actually thought Sealy played better tonight than last year. Clearly not same team I saw play Canyon. The refs played key role in this one Talkin about clueless. Not many teams would have been able to withstand their incompetency. That is why this game will really help us in the long run. The announcer actually apologized for the guy who ran the clock. Now that was a first. Must have been Tiger Sad I mean Dad Great game Texans. Sealy will be tough in Dist if they don't take the ball out of Jones' hand. Wish Sealy the best in spite of Tiger Dad's lack of class.

Tiger Dad
09-24-2011, 12:45 AM
The game was close at the end only because thr refs made it so. That was the worst display of homerism I have ever seen in 50 years of watching HS football. 4 game changing calls that never should have been called. Even the official working the clock made sure there was time for the final drive. Nelms should file a complaint against them for obviously trying to give Sealy the game!! Unbelievable!!!What a cry baby after last year. The clock is supposed to stop for a 1st down we lost 10 seconds there.

rb585
09-24-2011, 12:47 AM
He was three yards in the end zone this year and they still didn't count it!
:twitch:

wimbo_pro
09-24-2011, 12:48 AM
The game was close at the end only because thr refs made it so. That was the worst display of homerism I have ever seen in 50 years of watching HS football. 4 game changing calls that never should have been called. Even the official working the clock made sure there was time for the final drive. Nelms should file a complaint against them for obviously trying to give Sealy the game!! Unbelievable!!!

LOLOLOL...say it aint so!!! HaHaHa...homer calls!!???!!! NOOOO!!!!

Tiger Dad
09-24-2011, 12:52 AM
He was three yards in the end zone this year and they still didn't count it!
:twitch:I already said he didn't score. You cocky pricks wanna go there. You came within a yard of losing to a very young unranked team. Watch you drop like a rock in the polls . You sure are lucky your in region 4 you wouldn't get very far any where else.

AcmeBrick_Tiger
09-24-2011, 12:58 AM

You have to be an idiot to believe homerism was to blame for the collapse yall had in the second half. If you know anything about football you would know that the clock stops after a first down. They were putting the correct time up. Let's not start with the first score y'all got when your reciever dropped the pass and they called it complete on the 1 yrd line for the go ahead score. Both teams got even calls for the most part of the night. Hats off to the texans for getting the stop when it matters.

Tiger Dad
09-24-2011, 01:00 AM
Same scenario as last year. Sealy went for 2 points and win with 16 seconds left. Seals Jones stopped at goal line. Sealy much improved since Canyon Seals Jones played def along with Davis. Lambert had early touchdown called back. Blakemore had punt return to 10 called back. I actually thought Sealy played better tonight than last year. Clearly not same team I saw play Canyon. The refs played key role in this one Talkin about clueless. Not many teams would have been able to withstand their incompetency. That is why this game will really help us in the long run. The announcer actually apologized for the guy who ran the clock. Now that was a first. Must have been Tiger Sad I mean Dad Great game Texans. Sealy will be tough in Dist if they don't take the ball out of Jones' hand. Wish Sealy the best in spite of Tiger Dad's lack of class.If it was such a great game for yall why was it a funeral atmosphere when your boys were eating there whataburgers by the bus after the game.

ogg
09-24-2011, 01:09 AM

We had to win twice, beat Sealy and the refs. I tip my hat to Nelms and our other coaching staff for not going nuts out there.

What the ---- was/is the story on that offside call on our 5 yd line that allowed Sealy to score?

Tiger Dad
09-24-2011, 01:18 AM
We had to win twice, beat Sealy and the refs. I tip my hat to Nelms and our other coaching staff for not going nuts out there.

What the ---- was/is the story on that offside call on our 5 yd line that allowed Sealy to score?Pretty simple you jump across and make contact you get a penalty.

snaxet
09-24-2011, 01:21 AM
[QUOTE=Tiger Dad;1612548]What a cry baby after last year. The clock is supposed to stop for a 1st down we lost 10 seconds there.[/QUO

no one is questioning that When the play started there was 1 min 32 sec Jones scrambled and when the play ended there was still 1 min 32 on the clock That is when he tried to make up for mistake and let the clock run Even your announcer knew he messed up and said he was not from Sealy. Most official crews keep time on field but not this group. They had no clue what they were doing They even called offsides when we shifted our def line and several of Sealy's lineman jumped. Was it homerism Ask Tiger Dad if he got his money's worth. Obviously not for he is one hot dude.

snaxet
09-24-2011, 01:24 AM
If it was such a great game for yall why was it a funeral atmosphere when your boys were eating there whataburgers by the bus after the game.

obviously they were showing respect to a dead tiger

Tiger Dad
09-24-2011, 01:27 AM
[QUOTE=Tiger Dad;1612548]What a cry baby after last year. The clock is supposed to stop for a 1st down we lost 10 seconds there.[/QUO

no one is questioning that When the play started there was 1 min 32 sec Jones scrambled and when the play ended there was still 1 min 32 on the clock That is when he tried to make up for mistake and let the clock run Even your announcer knew he messed up and said he was not from Sealy. Most official crews keep time on field but not this group. They had no clue what they were doing They even called offsides when we shifted our def line and several of Sealy's lineman jumped. Was it homerism Ask Tiger Dad if he got his money's worth. Obviously not for he is one hot dude.I am happy as I could be , we hung with what is SUPPOSED to be one of the best teams in the state. All you predicting a blow out have showed how relevant your opinions on football are. It sucks to find out your not as good as you think you are. Canyon Lake by 14/

Sportshack
09-24-2011, 01:33 AM
Well...the ending was surreal. Deja vu all over again. Except Texans did not give this one to Sealy like last year. Ricky Seals-Jones is just other wordly. As both halves drew to an end he became harder and harder to tackle. In addition, he threw much better than he did against Canyon Lake...like a 100% better. It had an impact. He is scary good at running the ball and avoiding the rush. It seemed that Sealy benefitted greatly from a 4th down and 7 pass interference call in the end zone on Blakemore. In my estimation...Blakemore made a big time football play to close on the ball. He might have brushed receiver as he accelerated and dove past him but in no way did he go thru receiver to get ball. especially ironic as he got held quite a bit in game. SO it goes. That was a huge stop and then it was taken away and Sealy took advantage.

Brady Lambert was a man in the running game and seemingly him running so much caught Sealy off guard in early going. However, he seemed a bit out of sync in the passing game. He missed some open receivers tonight compared to the throws he has been making thus far this year, but he was impressive with tough running. Sealy matched up pretty well in secondary. Wimberley got them on a beautiful 2 tight end and fullback look that started out as the toss sweep and in middle of fake pitch by Lambert he came up and fired quick pass to Niko Alana up the seam catching Tigers off guard. Alana out raced defenders for the score. Really well designed play and used timely after Blakemore had just made a really difficult catch for 1st down and hurt his shoulder in process. He was back in game on next defensive series.

Trint Wilson also pulled off an extremely well executed screen play for about 50 yards. Trint was kept in check in early going but opened up runs for Brady. He began to assert himself in 2nd half with some really hard nosed runs. Man can that kid finish a run. The defense played pretty darn hard nosed but the combination of Seals-Jones and Davis was tough to hold in check. They actually did pretty good job on Davis but he sliced thru line broke a tackle or two and was all of the sudden off to races. His has lots of acceleration and he runs hard. The other big play was on a misdirection play when it appeared Seal-Jones was going roll out. Davis really made a nifty run. He also got stuffed and hit hard many times.

Sealy manned up and blitzed quite a bit in second half. Pass protection held up pretty well and Brady took off several times for positive yards. Could never get the big pass play aside from Trint's screen pass. Just missed on three routes where Blakemore had a step and a couple of times for Burttschelle. A wee bit of grabbing so could be that throws were better than we think but hey if the refs are letting em play rough so be it. Again throws seemingly a little off target but hard to know for sure.

Cameron Morris came in at OLB late in 1st half and made a beautiful interception of a pass and ran the ball about 75 yards to the 5 yd line. Cameron has played a lot of running back on sub-varsity teams and he is quite fast and knows how to carry ball. It showed as he strung it out a bit trying to set up his block and squeeze thru seam. Brady basically walked it into the end zone on next play. It was a naked bootleg type play with TE running into flats. The DB basically turned his back on Brady and grabbed onto Oldmixon with both hands with no holding call so Brady just headed for the front pylon in a breeze.

Sealy played hard...and really wore down the WHS defense. To be fair...Seals-Jones really wore down the defense. Their offense is really, really dependent on his running. He broke tackles and made them miss and made them chase him all over the field. Safety Josh Gray appears to have hurt ankle late in game. Sealy did make some nice half time adjustments. The diversity of the WHS formations and play calling kept them a bit off balance especially early on but they were driving for a possible tie at half when Morris made the great play on int. They will give a lot of teams fits. They are not especially physical in their offensive line. Seal-Jones was often responsible for long runs with great individual effort after it appeared WImberley defenders had him corralled.

Wimberley's O-Line had their moments and their struggles. It will be interesting to see numbers. However, Lambert did well and Wilson came on late a bit. Lambert 55 yd TD called back for holding call in middle of line. BOth teams showed a lot of heart in the game. Sealy really had momentum and it was hard to imagine we were going to hold him out on 2-point conversion after the way he just ran wild on us in driving the length of field and scoring the ball. Cannot tell you who submarined him but would love to know. Niko Alana and Alden Mann had good games at ILB. Defensive line scrapped hard. I think WHS first team to hold Sealy under 30 points. Of course Sealy first to hold WHS down as well. The Sealy coach had extra point team on field and called time out and decided to go for 2. Seals-JOnes encountered defender and side stepped and they dove for end zone apparently he landed short cause when he hit ground the reaction by defense was immediate that ball was short. Stressful!!! BOth good teams. Wimberley will have to keep improving in O-line play and in secondary play. However, the defense overall is salty and the offense can really keep teams off balance. They will not face another athlete that physically gifted for awhile this season. I suspect not until pretty deep in playoffs. Smith's return to the line up will be very helpful in matching up with better teams.

snaxet
09-24-2011, 01:48 AM
[QUOTE=snaxet;1612561]I am happy as I could be , we hung with what is SUPPOSED to be one of the best teams in the state. All you predicting a blow out have showed how relevant your opinions on football are. It sucks to find out your not as good as you think you are. Canyon Lake by 14/

Glad you are so happy about a loss. We are thrilled for you. At least when we play CL we'll have refs that know what's going on. Still looking for that victory over the Texans Doesn't it just infuriate you.

Sportshack
09-24-2011, 01:59 AM
[QUOTE=snaxet;1612561]I am happy as I could be , we hung with what is SUPPOSED to be one of the best teams in the state. All you predicting a blow out have showed how relevant your opinions on football are. It sucks to find out your not as good as you think you are. Canyon Lake by 14/

Canyon Lake will not...I repeat will not run the ball on Wimberley like they ran it on your guys. WHole different front 7. Whole different attitude. Seals-Jones is a freak and without his off schedule plays Sealy would be floundering!!! Fun to watch him play!!! We have a similar physical athlete that wears down defenses and makes those unlikely plays but he was out injured. I assume you remember the plays he made against Sealy last year while breaking his foot. Also, Seals-Jones could not hit the broad side of a barn with a pass if he had been sitting on the latch when you played Canyon Lake and he did well against Wimberley and it made a difference. Kudos to him as he is making progress which will make the Tigers that much more formidable an opponent. I agree that I thought folks were underestimating Sealy because they are used to Wimberley handling Canyon Lake over last few years. I thought that because of what I saw in Seal-Jones mostly. Soo tap brakes a little as without him it would have been a jaunt in the park for Wimberley. Nonetheless, I also agree that Wimberley is a tad bit overrated at this point. Still a quality 3A team from relatively small school.

Sportshack
09-24-2011, 02:06 AM
You have to be an idiot to believe homerism was to blame for the collapse yall had in the second half. If you know anything about football you would know that the clock stops after a first down. They were putting the correct time up. Let's not start with the first score y'all got when your reciever dropped the pass and they called it complete on the 1 yrd line for the go ahead score. Both teams got even calls for the most part of the night. Hats off to the texans for getting the stop when it matters.

That kid made a magnificent ESPN highlight catch on that play. Just awesome!!! He also stopped y'all on a 4 and 7 with a big time defensive back play only to get an insane interference call..C'mon man!!!!

sTxforlife
09-24-2011, 03:41 AM
Ok it was a great game. I couldn't be more proud of the way our boys played tonight, they really matured and grew up out there as the game went on and hopefully they can carry that through the rest of the season. The ending.....wow....talk about deja vu, except this time he didnt get in and I agree with the refs calls on the play. As for the "homerism" that pass interference was clearly pass interference as he arrived about half a second before the ball did. The offsides penalty, yalls d line jumped and made contact with our offensive line. I don't know what the problem was with the clock so I don't have a whole lot to say on that. There were several calls in favor of both teams so the argument that the refs screwed yall over is really not valid at all.

wimbo_pro
09-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Stx...fair enough. Sounds like I really missed a nail-biter. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the way. Sounds like you got something to build on.

Wimberley fans ...thanks for the rundown, and glad to see you went to the game. Sounds like we still got a ways to go.

TigerDad...2 years in a row, ouch. Thats gotta hurt. Oh, and by the way...didnt you also lose your first play off game last year?? Put THAT in your cocky pipe and smoke it, you whiney, flabby, girly man.

trojandad
09-24-2011, 07:52 AM
Put THAT in your cocky pipe and smoke it, you whiney, flabby, girly man.

this has gotten better and better......:clap:

Sportshack
09-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Ok it was a great game. I couldn't be more proud of the way our boys played tonight, they really matured and grew up out there as the game went on and hopefully they can carry that through the rest of the season. The ending.....wow....talk about deja vu, except this time he didnt get in and I agree with the refs calls on the play. As for the "homerism" that pass interference was clearly pass interference as he arrived about half a second before the ball did. The offsides penalty, yalls d line jumped and made contact with our offensive line. I don't know what the problem was with the clock so I don't have a whole lot to say on that. There were several calls in favor of both teams so the argument that the refs screwed yall over is really not valid at all.

Interesting that it was as simple as he jumped and made contact. I would not have thought such an explanation would have taken such an animated discussion among refs and to the WHS coaches who were not accepting of the responses. It simply does not take that long to give that explanation nor is it believable that sooo many coaches would want to have such an lengthy discussion about that issu if that is what the refs said that is simply what happened. How do you even argue with such a judgment call and explanation? Not logical. I recall the o-line man slapping himself on both sides of his helmet after he jumped. The WHS lineman do that shift all the time and it is obviously orchestrated. That is also why there was such a long discussion with kids. The refs were not saying "oh you jumped across and made contact". They were offering a different explanation for flag. I personally am not a big believer in homerism from the refs. I do think that there were a couple of critical mistakes or at least questionable calls that unfortunately occurred at the worst possible time for WHS. And later on, a clock foul up in that situation is going to inspire frustration. However, it appeared the clock guy was trying to rectify by just letting some time run off after play was dead. Also it was not that relevant as Sealy had 16 seconds left when they went for 2. I doubt that there was a 16 second mistake. Calls of horrible officiating abound on the other threads on this board as well.

You should be proud of your team. They played hard and it seemed to be a good-spirited, hard hitting affair. I was particularly impressed that the Sealy kids did not fire across line for a cheap shot as ball was snapped in victory formation on last play. That has become so common these day and I hate it. Sealy players' behavior seems to indicate appropriate coaching and discipline. We should be proud of Wimberley kids as well. That QB is is a player that frankly demoralizes a defense and team with his off schedule, tackle breaking plays.

Sportshack
09-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Stx...fair enough. Sounds like I really missed a nail-biter. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the way. Sounds like you got something to build on.

Wimberley fans ...thanks for the rundown, and glad to see you went to the game. Sounds like we still got a ways to go.

TigerDad...2 years in a row, ouch. Thats gotta hurt. Oh, and by the way...didnt you also lose your first play off game last year?? Put THAT in your cocky pipe and smoke it, you whiney, flabby, girly man.

I am guessing that there will be no meeting at flagpole at halftime in y'all's future!!!! :inlove:

AcmeBrick_Tiger
09-24-2011, 09:47 AM
It could have been a great catch if he WOULD HAVE CAUGHT IT... That was a great defensive play and it wasn't pass interference...you saying c'mon man how you c'mon and be real with yourself and say he didn't catch it.

LHdog
09-24-2011, 09:53 AM
This thread is such a hoot. Wimberley complaining about "homer refs" is so ironic. Wimberley has set the gold standard for homer refs. Karma is tough sometimes.

trg
09-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Really Excited for the game tonight, Sealy knows that their main goal here is to improve from the week before and grow as a team. As much as the hype is around Seals-Jones and Davis (They are standout players) I believe the battle will be won in the trenches. Will Sealy's o line be able to stay on their blocks till the whistle blows and open up holes? Will Wimberley's d-line be able to contain Seals-Jones and Davis? No one can ever forget about the boys on the line!
:clap:

wimbo_pro
09-24-2011, 10:22 AM
This thread is such a hoot. Wimberley complaining about "homer refs" is so ironic. Wimberley has set the gold standard for homer refs. Karma is tough sometimes.

Not complaining, as I see it. Just pointing out the fact that "homerism" is spread evenly across all schools and towns over time, in one way or another. Including Liberty Hill...BELIEVE ME...including Liberty Hill. It all comes out in the wash.

wimbo_pro
09-24-2011, 10:36 AM
And by the way...wasnt there another poster screaming about homer calls and Sealy last week or the week before? Was it Brookshire? I dont have time to go back and find it, but I have heard these charges before about Sealy. LOL....it happens to everyone. The REAL crybabies are the ones who dont recognize it.

957tiger
09-24-2011, 10:39 AM
This has been a fun thread to particpate in. Wow what a game. The Texans came to Sealy ready to play. It was obvious who had the bigger boys on the field. The Texans looked polished and machine like even in pre-game. I noticed the Tigers watching Wimberley warm up and they looked a little intimidated. Wimberley brings a college like atmosphere to the game and it is very visual. The Texans marched down the field and scored at the 7 minute mark. Wimberley kept the lead until Jowan Davis had his first touchdown of the night at the mid-way point of the second quarter. Wimberley scored again again making it 14-7. Seals-Jones made a mental error and it ended up in the hands of a Texan player who raced down to the Tiger six yard line. One play later it's 21-7 and half-time.

Listened to the JR Mitchell halftime interview and he said the defense needed to step up and play better football and that they did. Adjustments were made and the defense began to make stops that put the ball back in RSJ hands. The Tigers scored late in the third making it 21-14 and a ballgame. The was several problems that resulted in the game being halted. It seemed several Texan supporters made their way to the sidelines and confronted the officials. The SISD Police and superintendent were called after the sideline official reported the verbal attack. This was a confusing situation as the players and fans were left wondering what was going on. Not sure why those guys were allowed on the sidelines to start with as it appeared they were not coaches. Coach Nelms must have been upset at their behavior. Not sure if I've ever wittnessed fans on the sidelines confronting officials regardless of the situation on the field, I heard later their comments were not limited only to the officials.

Once again Wimberley claimed another score on a 38 yard pass going up 28-14. Sadly some fans began to head to the parking lot, big mistake. Davis found the endzone again and closed the gap to just seven with five minutes left. And as they say "deja vu". If your heart rate didn't climb during the closing minutes then football isn't your sport. On the arm and legs of RJS the Tigers began to roll right into the endzone making the score 28-27. Big plays by # 8 Chatman who has been listed as day to day because of a hip injury. Finally the Tigers had a passing game with some nifty catches in traffic. And it all comes down to the freshman kicker, who seemed to have misplaced the tee with seconds on the play clock. That resulted in a TO. Th coaching staff later said they had nothing to lose by going for two. Sort of attempted redemption from last year. However the Texans, as did everyone in this area code knew who was going to try to cross the line. Big stop by the Texans for the victory. No question on the play at all. The highly ranked Wimberley team bent, but didn't break. Congrats to both teams on a very physical game.

As for the officiating, very suspect as it has been all season it seems Not sure if it's a roll-over from the TASO vs UIL thing or just a weird coincidence. There were several dropped balls that were ruled caught and the film will support that. Penalties were questionable on both sides and the whole clock thing was a combination of electronics and panic. I was in the booth when the 25 second clock went haywire and reset itself several times. The official in the booth was very excited when he could not fix the problem. The time keeper also had problems when the digital keyboard would not respond and that resulted in some confusion as well. At the end it stopped working with
1:31 left the officials instructed the timekeeper to put it at 1:24 it's all about the seconds you know. In closing I too am proud of the Tigers, yes even in a loss. Three starters were lost this week. One may be lost for the season. The second leading tackler on the team and third in touchdowns was in street clothes because of a knee injury. Kids who never started a varsity game in their lives stepped up and did a remarkable job in giving Sealy a chance to win against a top caliber football program. I think even die hard Texan fans can recognize their efforts.

sTxforlife
09-24-2011, 11:01 AM
This has been a fun thread to particpate in. Wow what a game. The Texans came to Sealy ready to play. It was obvious who had the bigger boys on the field. The Texans looked polished and machine like even in pre-game. I noticed the Tigers watching Wimberley warm up and they looked a little intimidated. Wimberley brings a college like atmosphere to the game and it is very visual. The Texans marched down the field and scored at the 7 minute mark. Wimberley kept the lead until Jowan Davis had his first touchdown of the night at the mid-way point of the second quarter. Wimberley scored again again making it 14-7. Seals-Jones made a mental error and it ended up in the hands of a Texan player who raced down to the Tiger six yard line. One play later it's 21-7 and half-time.

Listened to the JR Mitchell halftime interview and he said the defense needed to step up and play better football and that they did. Adjustments were made and the defense began to make stops that put the ball back in RSJ hands. The Tigers scored late in the third making it 21-14 and a ballgame. The was several problems that resulted in the game being halted. It seemed several Texan supporters made their way to the sidelines and confronted the officials. The SISD Police and superintendent were called after the sideline official reported the verbal attack. This was a confusing situation as the players and fans were left wondering what was going on. Not sure why those guys were allowed on the sidelines to start with as it appeared they were not coaches. Coach Nelms must have been upset at their behavior. Not sure if I've ever wittnessed fans on the sidelines confronting officials regardless of the situation on the field, I heard later their comments were not limited only to the officials.

Once again Wimberley claimed another score on a 38 yard pass going up 28-14. Sadly some fans began to head to the parking lot, big mistake. Davis found the endzone again and closed the gap to just seven with five minutes left. And as they say "deja vu". If your heart rate didn't climb during the closing minutes then football isn't your sport. On the arm and legs of RJS the Tigers began to roll right into the endzone making the score 28-27. Big plays by # 8 Chatman who has been listed as day to day because of a hip injury. Finally the Tigers had a passing game with some nifty catches in traffic. And it all comes down to the freshman kicker, who seemed to have misplaced the tee with seconds on the play clock. That resulted in a TO. Th coaching staff later said they had nothing to lose by going for two. Sort of attempted redemption from last year. However the Texans, as did everyone in this area code knew who was going to try to cross the line. Big stop by the Texans for the victory. No question on the play at all. The highly ranked Wimberley team bent, but didn't break. Congrats to both teams on a very physical game.

As for the officiating, very suspect as it has been all season it seems Not sure if it's a roll-over from the TASO vs UIL thing or just a weird coincidence. There were several dropped balls that were ruled caught and the film will support that. Penalties were questionable on both sides and the whole clock thing was a combination of electronics and panic. I was in the booth when the 25 second clock went haywire and reset itself several times. The official in the booth was very excited when he could not fix the problem. The time keeper also had problems when the digital keyboard would not respond and that resulted in some confusion as well. At the end it stopped working with
1:31 left the officials instructed the timekeeper to put it at 1:24 it's all about the seconds you know. In closing I too am proud of the Tigers, yes even in a loss. Three starters were lost this week. One may be lost for the season. The second leading tackler on the team and third in touchdowns was in street clothes because of a knee injury. Kids who never started a varsity game in their lives stepped up and did a remarkable job in giving Sealy a chance to win against a top caliber football program. I think even die hard Texan fans can recognize their efforts.
Very well said 957, couldnt agree more

1st and goal
09-24-2011, 11:02 AM
I got to hand it to Sealy Tigers, they didn't crumble at the end. Instead, they fought back with every tooth and nail they could muster and it seemed that Wimberley was the team that almost crumbled. I can't believe it almost ended the same as last year. I am glad the 2pt play wasn't questionable or no telling what might have ensued...

RSJ, Chatman and Davis just about took the wheels off of Wimberley. Must be some awesome athletes. Guessin' that both teams are plenty wore out today.

wimbo_pro
09-24-2011, 11:03 AM
I hope the injuries are not major, on both sides of this game. I appreciate the level headed write up. And, if WHS fans did what you described, i am embarrassed. I can assure u Coach Nelms wont put up with that. Can anyone from Wimberley shed light on that event?

You know, i am not terribly surprised Sealy played such a good game. Its there house, afterall. Plus, the tension from last year. We are definitrly better as a team than last year, sounds like Sealy just came out for a brawl. Good on them, and good luck going forward...hope we meet in the semi-finals!

1st and goal
09-24-2011, 11:05 AM
I listened to it on Sealy sports network...the guys have very, very good knowledge of football, but, they are almost as big of homers as Kmac covering LH...:stirpot:

zebrablue2
09-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Great game! Wish I could have been there. Congrats to both schools...

Sportshack
09-24-2011, 11:13 AM

Hey...bottom line...is that Sealy could have absolutely won the game. Balanced posts are refreshing.

hookandladder
09-24-2011, 11:17 AM

Very well said and agree totally. Most Wimberley fans on this board just amaze me , have you ever admitted to simple losing to a better team or even trying acknowledging a good team. You talked all week about how bad you were going to beat Sealy and then you find out you are not any better team then they are, I will say it again you will not play another team with an athlete like Seals-Jones. Sealy stepped up just like I figuired they would, also quit making excuses for blown calls because they happen every week in every game. Great game, Good Luck to Both teams.

Sportshack
09-24-2011, 11:35 AM
"I got to hand it to Sealy Tigers, they didn't crumble at the end. Instead, they fought back with every tooth and nail they could muster and it seemed that Wimberley was the team that almost crumbled. I can't believe it almost ended the same as last year. I am glad the 2pt play wasn't questionable or no telling what might have ensued..."

RSJ, Chatman and Davis just about took the wheels off of Wimberley. Must be some awesome athletes. Guessin' that both teams are plenty wore out today.
Seals-Jones is absolutely awesome and Davis is a good 2nd punch who can take it to the house in a nano second himself. WHS just does not have that elite speed in secondary overall and when those guys did get in open field they were tough...tough. . However the secondary players are scrappers and the front 7 to 8 are really active. To be fair...I would hope people would think that WHS also made Sealy's fantastic playmakers work a bit for what they got. The WHS kids meted out some punishment from a physical hitting standpoint. Sealy too. One of my favorite plays was Blakemore closing on Seals-Jones in open field. Blakemore came in like a heat seeking missile (he is fast) and intelligently immediately and explosively went very low. Seals-Jones usually just throws out a looooog stiff arm and then steps out of the attempts to tackle his leg afterwards and keeps on motoring. HOwever, Blakemore went low around calf area of one leg and clamped on and twisted around taking Seals-Jones down quickly. The tackle was Impressive in its finality in the open field and not bad for 5' 8" 170 lb kid against 6'6" and 220 lbs. Blakemore has a fierce competitive spirit. Nico Alana also made a lot of such stops against Davis and Seals-jones but he is a 220 lb ILB and a good one. Nonetheless once S-J got 3 long strides into a run he became a problem as he was getting into open field.

wimberley had long TD run called back for holding...long punt return deep in Sealy territory called back for block in back...had critical 4th down stop reversed on pass interference call that ultimately turned into Sealy TD...tough turn of events to overcome against such talented players. Sealy playmakers are really tough late in halves and in 4th in particular. Soooo physical. Not sold on their offensive front. Ours either. Both units have time to improve. Sealy looks to be in a challenging district so these early season scraps with CL and WHS will serve them well.

rb585
09-24-2011, 12:44 PM
If it was such a great game for yall why was it a funeral atmosphere when your boys were eating there whataburgers by the bus after the game.

Maybe it was because one of the captains badly broke his leg and is out for the year.

Tejastrue
09-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Congrats to the Sealy team. You have some special players. Too crazy how the game ended. Let's face it Wimberley folk, they were better than most of us thought they were. I think this type of game is just what the Texans needed. It's best they learn from it...

wimbo_pro
09-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Very well said and agree totally. Most Wimberley fans on this board just amaze me , have you ever admitted to simple losing to a better team or even trying acknowledging a good team. You talked all week about how bad you were going to beat Sealy and then you find out you are not any better team then they are, I will say it again you will not play another team with an athlete like Seals-Jones. Sealy stepped up just like I figuired they would, also quit making excuses for blown calls because they happen every week in every game. Great game, Good Luck to Both teams.

If you havent seen Wimberley posters give credit to a better team after a defeat, you are either new to the board or you are forgetful. Ask TrojanDad what his experience in that regard is.

Who has a broken leg?

rb585
09-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Josh Grey

wimbo_pro
09-24-2011, 02:37 PM
josh grey

crap.

regaleagle
09-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Well, I hope everyone has looked in the mirror this morning and taken stock. I know Argyle has. What about you Wimberley?? And Sealy ?? Brownwood, I know mirrors don't work on you. Prosper either, for that matter. Celina likes mirrors. Chapel Hill is going to Home Depot to find one that will fill the locker room. And Lindale never knew to even take a look. Paris has to bring one out of moth balls. Carthage has been using em for years. Gilmer is the best-dressed, slickest-looking of them all. Henderson could care less. And Coldspring can't understand what all the hoopla is. Then there's Devine, hiding out down there, just doing their own thing. Ingleside thinks their "cool", so who needs mirrors! Snyder and Monahans look at themselves in the water trough. 'Course, on a cloudy day, it's a little muddy-lookin'. Just thought I'd let everybody know all is well in this great state, footballwise. The 3A season marches on.

wimbo_pro
09-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Well, I hope everyone has looked in the mirror this morning and taken stock. I know Argyle has. What about you Wimberley?? And Sealy ?? Brownwood, I know mirrors don't work on you. Prosper either, for that matter. Celina likes mirrors. Chapel Hill is going to Home Depot to find one that will fill the locker room. And Lindale never knew to even take a look. Paris has to bring one out of moth balls. Carthage has been using em for years. Gilmer is the best-dressed, slickest-looking of them all. Henderson could care less. And Coldspring can't understand what all the hoopla is. Then there's Devine, hiding out down there, just doing their own thing. Ingleside thinks their "cool", so who needs mirrors! Snyder and Monahans look at themselves in the water trough. 'Course, on a cloudy day, it's a little muddy-lookin'. Just thought I'd let everybody know all is well in this great state, footballwise. The 3A season marches on.

LOL@Regal...the mirror is reflecting just fine here in Wimberley, Regal. We wanted a good solid win, we got a nail-biter...but we got the win nonetheless. All cylinders pumping? Not yet, it would appear. But they werent pumping this time last year either. All is good in God's Little Patch of Heaven here in the Hill Country.

ExScoop
09-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Just finished listening game on the internet -Sounds like I missed a great game-Tigers gambled on the 2-point conversion and came up short=Sealy will take care of Needville next week

gold_33
09-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Seals-Jones is a special athlete, really exciting to watch. Props to Sealy yall put up a great fight and it was a great game to watch and what were the odds of it coming down to a 2 pt conversion again!! Thought we dominated at the start but again couldnt finish and let Sealy hang around too long, Lambert looked off on his throws and wasnt his sharpest of games. Good hard fought game by both sides and glad we have a bye week next week to rest up and get ready for district.

TexanAlum_06
09-24-2011, 05:16 PM
What a great game, came away impressed with Sealy's resiliency. Our tackling went to total crap in the final 1 1/2 quarters due to SJ and Jarron; they were relentless and just wore us out. I think this game was a good wake up call for our team. Our offense isn't quite as effective when matched up with equal or better athletes. Lambert missed a lot of throws that he normally makes and that was probably due to knowing he had little room for error with tighter (than usual) coverage and an athletic 6'5 S roaming back there. You could tell he didn't want to come up short. As a result those long TD passes we're used to seeing weren't connecting. Kind of like basketball - Live by the 3, die by the 3. Kept thinking we could of really used Dennis last night in the second half to wear down Sealy's D. Our boys dug deep there at the end and finished when it mattered the most.

SJ is a great player - very smooth runner with the ball in his hands and he has great vision. IMO the only thing he lacks is elite 0-60 quickness/burst, but he's only a junior so the book isn't full written yet. Quick questions for Sealy fans - Are the RB (Jarron?) and LB (I think Whitman) getting any looks from D1 schools? Was very impressed by both. I thought Sealy looked better last night than they did last year. Much more mature and consistent; never gave up and have my respect. They're a good team and I'm sure you will do some damage in the playoffs. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Tiger Dad, I'm not surprised one bit by your post game comments. You're emotional, thin-skinned, and insecure and every one of your posts in this thread say you are. Your defensive tone and name calling is further evidence to my claims. Bet you don't even realize the "barely beating an unranked team" comment is a slap in the face to your own team. Also probably won't realize that I've said some pretty nice things about your team in this post which is something you're incapable of doing.

Tejastrue
09-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Who has a broken leg?

Josh Grey

crap.

Double crap!!!

Tiger Dad
09-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Why would I slap my sons team in the face ? I coached almost everyone of these kids for many years in youth football. Believe me they knew exactly what I was saying. What have any of you done for the kids in your community ? Nothing ! Most of you posting are college children living off your mommies and daddies. Call me when you have raised a couple of kids who are in the top of their class and highly respected by there coaches and teachers. My how the computer makes people brave . I don't believe you would run your mouths so much face to face. Ask any of the Sealy posters if that would be a good idea. I'm pretty thick skinned but don't run down my town or the boys that I have grown to respect over my years of involvement with them.

LUV YALL,
Tiger Dad

Tejas you were cool all the way through this thread. Thanks.

YTBulldogs
09-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Congrats to both top notched programs for giving the fan a treat. God speed to those youngsters who sustained injury in this classic performance.

I for one, hope this game continues for many more years.

Tejastrue
09-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Why would I slap my sons team in the face ? I coached almost everyone of these kids for many years in youth football. Believe me they knew exactly what I was saying. What have any of you done for the kids in your community ? Nothing ! Most of you posting are college children living off your mommies and daddies. Call me when you have raised a couple of kids who are in the top of their class and highly respected by there coaches and teachers. My how the computer makes people brave . I don't believe you would run your mouths so much face to face. Ask any of the Sealy posters if that would be a good idea. I'm pretty thick skinned but don't run down my town or the boys that I have grown to respect over my years of involvement with them.

LUV YALL,
Tiger Dad

I've raised a few good kids. Good luck the rest of the season. :thumbsup:

sTxforlife
09-25-2011, 02:38 AM
Everything was all peaceful and what not and then TexanAlum had to go mess it up and also your names for our players were wrong. The rb is Jowan Davis (not Jerron) and the Lb's name is Chatman (not Whitman). And yes they are both getting D1 looks

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 07:13 AM

LUV YALL,
Tiger Dad

TigerDad...you WERENT so cool all the way through this thread, but thats ok. No permanent harm meant, I'm sure...and certainly none meant by my sharp replies (ok...you're not a flabby girly man...sorry). Almost every one of the posters who responded on this thread from Wimberley are adults with kids...many of these kids are adults as well (certainly in my case), so dont think you have done something we havent already done years ago.

I dont remember anyone being out-of-bounds regarding your players. I am not going to re-read this thread, so if you can point out where this occured, I would appreciate it.

I recall the over all tone from Wimberley in this thread (other than talking about last years game) was "we believe we can beat you, and beat you by a couple TD's, but you never know, Sealy has a long history of winning, we need to be vigilent". I dont recall too many posts saying you guys were trash or you guys didnt have a chance. I do think you are a bit thin skinned when it comes to your team...most of us are.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 07:14 AM
And no one answered me about the incident on the sidelines...where we were told Wimberley fans came onto the sidelines and were yelling at the refs? Anyone from Wimberley know anything about that? If true, that would be uncool.

1st and goal
09-25-2011, 07:25 AM
The announcers on the radio said the police and the school staff had to go to the W. sideline but they didn't know what was going on.

Message to all, great thread, great game. Tough to be on the short end of this one. One's skin gets thinner when you have "skin in the game".

Sealy will be in the playoffs. Hope their players get healed ASAP.

lbjacj
09-25-2011, 09:28 AM
And no one answered me about the incident on the sidelines...where we were told Wimberley fans came onto the sidelines and were yelling at the refs? Anyone from Wimberley know anything about that? If true, that would be uncool.

My son was along the fence behind where it happened and said that the brother of one of our players(former QB) and 2 others had been complaining to the official about the calls against us. The official went across to the Sealy coach who sent an assistant to get their superintendent who got an officer and they crossed the field and confronted Dwain York about it and he told the offending parties to leave the field.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 09:50 AM
My son was along the fence behind where it happened and said that the brother of one of our players(former QB) and 2 others had been complaining to the official about the calls against us. The official went across to the Sealy coach who sent an assistant to get their superintendent who got an officer and they crossed the field and confronted Dwain York about it and he told the offending parties to leave the field.

Oh..ok. I gotcha. Thats uncalled for, and I hope those young men were read the riot act. You dont do that, especially in someone elses house. York did exactly the righ thing, and I hope he lectured them as well.

HSFB
09-25-2011, 11:05 AM
The offsides penalty, yalls d line jumped and made contact with our offensive line. .

There was zero contact made with the tigers OL as it is a lateral shift. The O was continuously making audible and the D certainly has that right as well. So the DL audible was called, the shift was made and the ref threw the flag on the DL for mimicking the snap count. But here comes the good part....the Tigers snap count is a handclap and Wimberley's audible on the DL is a spoken audible. So the ref's explanation to the players or the coaches did not jive at all......thus the confusion. Pretty damn bad observation/call from an ref who is right in the middle of the action all game long.

Overall, great game and I still stand by my statement that Sealy is a top 10 team and the season will prove that out. Every team is susceptible to a tough close game when they may not be clicking on all cylinders and I feel that Sealy had that type of game vs. Canyon Lake.

More to come as I have fun going through these posts.

ogg
09-25-2011, 02:16 PM
No doubt Seal-Jones is improving as the season progresses. A play maker, game/momentum changer and his passing skills where unexpected. He should be even more of a handfull entering playoffs.

HSFB
09-25-2011, 04:31 PM

LUV YALL,
Tiger Dad

Where in the hell did this come from?????? Hey, watch out or Tiger Dad will meet you at recess by the monkey bars and beat you up really really bad :rolleyes: because as you know he is a well known big ole community tuff guy and all...lol. The good up-bringing and all must come from the mom.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Where in the hell did this come from?????? Hey, watch out or Tiger Dad will meet you at recess by the monkey bars and beat you up really really bad :rolleyes: because as you know he is a well known big ole community tuff guy and all...lol. The good up-bringing and all must come from the mom.

LOL...I was thinking the same thing! How he got the opinion we are all college kids, I have no idea. Unless the "Dude...you're like...whatever" post really got to him. Regarding his comment about what we have done for our kids, I would say "oh yeah?...well...you're a tool, man". As far as the computer making us braver, I must say..."OK, Poindexter, see you by the vending machines, left of the cafeteria, right after Glee Club".

trojandad
09-25-2011, 05:23 PM

yea, i agree....a warning, then "love y'all"?...sounds like a little schizo workin, or maybe one of those anger/remorse guys one reads about...lol

first off, wimberleys fans mirrors work just fine....the one thing i will say is ive had two coach friends see you guys so far, one at your first scrimmage and one at sealys game....each have said the same thing to me, even 6 weeks apart, that you guys glaring weakness to them is your o line play....the coach friend that saw the sealy game (remember we have a dentist friend living in wimbo?) said you guys o line was very on par with sealys, better than clevelands but both were substantially below huffmans (wont bother you with what they said about us just to keep this from being a homer post)...of course this is only two guys words but it was telling to me, as last year we were completely shut out by carthage o line in pass protection at least but had so many sacks and hurries against you guys, which was surprising to me when it happened....

i think the only thing it tells me is possibly if thats you guys achilles when starting to compare you with the chapel hills and hendersons of the state...in order to have potentially taken ch's place atop the polls should they have lost to lindale on fri i just think that line situation needs to get fixed, because the one thing that was determined last year against us is your qb, fine as he is, does much better in the pocket, accuracy wise, than he does on the run (who among us doesnt??)....heres hoping you guys find a solution, cause to take over the #1 spot you guys should have really done a number on sealy....im just trying to figure out where to put you guys this week.....:confused:

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 05:27 PM
yea, i agree....a warning, then "love y'all"?...sounds like a little schizo workin, or maybe one of those anger/remorse guys one reads about...lol

first off, wimberleys fans mirrors work just fine....the one thing i will say is ive had two coach friends see you guys so far, one at your first scrimmage and one at sealys game....each have said the same thing to me, even 6 weeks apart, that you guys glaring weakness to them is your o line play....the coach friend that saw the sealy game (remember we have a dentist friend living in wimbo?) said you guys o line was very on par with sealys, better than clevelands but both were substantially below huffmans (wont bother you with what they said about us just to keep this from being a homer post)...of course this is only two guys words but it was telling to me, as last year we were completely shut out by carthage o line in pass protection at least but had so many sacks and hurries against you guys, which was surprising to me when it happened....

i think the only thing it tells me is possibly if thats you guys achilles when starting to compare you with the chapel hills and hendersons of the state...in order to have potentially taken ch's place atop the polls should they have lost to lindale on fri i just think that line situation needs to get fixed, because the one thing that was determined last year against us is your qb, fine as he is, does much better in the pocket, accuracy wise, than he does on the run (who among us doesnt??)....heres hoping you guys find a solution, cause to take over the #1 spot you guys should have really done a number on sealy....im just trying to figure out where to put you guys this week.....:confused:

I think its fair to put us in the Top 10...probably Top 5. We have work to do, but so does everyone else. I think this was a case of Sealy playing way above their expectations more than it was Wimberley playing below theirs...maybe a bit of both.

trojandad
09-25-2011, 05:37 PM
I think its fair to put us in the Top 10...probably Top 5. We have work to do, but so does everyone else. I think this was a case of Sealy playing way above their expectations more than it was Wimberley playing below theirs...maybe a bit of both.

who knows? im just a spectator...line play is the BIG reason so many 7 on 7 winners never convert to regular season winners....those big uglies determine so much more to a game than our "fantasy football stats" world likes to consider....i still say if you gave me a choice of taking morgan and his receivers from carthage last year or taking that o line, it wouldnt have been a close choice, those 5 guys won that game for them, they held us out when nobody else did that year....

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 05:42 PM
who knows? im just a spectator...line play is the BIG reason so many 7 on 7 winners never convert to regular season winners....those big uglies determine so much more to a game than our "fantasy football stats" world likes to consider....i still say if you gave me a choice of taking morgan and his receivers from carthage last year or taking that o line, it wouldnt have been a close choice, those 5 guys won that game for them, they held us out when nobody else did that year....

True...but your Offense didnt quite put up the fight it did against us either...I think that had a lot do with it as well.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 05:50 PM
We have several "Achillies Heels" at this point (who doesn't?). Obviously I won't list them, but it is no surprise that our O-line is young and filling some big shoes. We will be fine come play-offs...I trust our coaches 100%. If you can't run, then pass...or visa versa. We will adapt.

trojandad
09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
True...but your Offense didnt quite put up the fight it did against us either...I think that had a lot do with it as well.

i respectfully disagree....22 pts against them, 26 against you guys, not that much difference, the big difference was 7 sacks and who knows how many hurries against you guys and not even 1 hurry against them.....i mean, granted, i would have loved to score more against them in the 2nd half, but nobody hit us for 47, and for good reason, it was the only game we played all year w/out just one sack or hurry....

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 06:01 PM
i respectfully disagree....22 pts against them, 26 against you guys, not that much difference, the big difference was 7 sacks and who knows how many hurries against you guys and not even 1 hurry against them.....i mean, granted, i would have loved to score more against them in the 2nd half, but nobody hit us for 47, and for good reason, it was the only game we played all year w/out just one sack or hurry....

Wow...those are good points that I wasnt aware of. Do you really attribute it to the O line and not a lack of performance of the D in the big game?

trojandad
09-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Wow...those are good points that I wasnt aware of. Do you really attribute it to the O line and not a lack of performance of the D in the big game?

its all up for debate, of course, but why would a def line show up 15 games and not the last one....kendrick harrison, our mlb who should be 1st team all state this year, had a minimum of 2 sacks himself per game every game last year, not averaged 2 sacks per game, he actually sacked the qb a minimum of 2 times per game for 15 games, he finished the state game saying the only time he touched morgan was the handshake before and after the game....even little tre, the outside lb that chased lambert all night, only hit morgan once and it went for 15 yd late hit (not complaining, it was a good call, he was just frustrated at not even getting to smell the guy)....i never saw barbay send 8 after the qb all year except on that game 3 times in the second half....nothing came of it....im telling you, that o line couldnt run on us, but they didnt have to, their qb was safe as a bug in a rug back there....

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 06:17 PM
its all up for debate, of course, but why would a def line show up 15 games and not the last one....kendrick harrison, our mlb who should be 1st team all state this year, had a minimum of 2 sacks himself per game every game last year, not averaged 2 sacks per game, he actually sacked the qb a minimum of 2 times per game for 15 games, he finished the state game saying the only time he touched morgan was the handshake before and after the game....even little tre, the outside lb that chased lambert all night, only hit morgan once and it went for 15 yd late hit (not complaining, it was a good call, he was just frustrated at not even getting to smell the guy)....i never saw barbay send 8 after the qb all year except on that game 3 times in the second half....nothing came of it....im telling you, that o line couldnt run on us, but they didnt have to, their qb was safe as a bug in a rug back there....

Interesting. Did you face a lot of passing teams during the season?

trojandad
09-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Interesting. Did you face a lot of passing teams during the season?

k'ville threw for 200 the 1st game, 300 the second, crockett threw for 200, huffman thrw for 300 with their west coast, overload a side type of offense, but each of those had a boat load of sacks and hurries, especially the 2nd half, except for the 2nd k'ville where alvarez decided his was a running team the second half, voluntarily quit passing, and only ran for 50 yds the rest of the game...athens supposedly had a tandem but never showed up, could have been us, could have been them.....we lived in the backfield against bridge city and columbus, was much worse than against you guys...probably not as many passing teams as most, but several when the playoffs came around....

Gone Fishing
09-25-2011, 08:58 PM

I second "where the hell did this come from quote from tiger dad??????
7 years BOD youth league in Wimberley
8 year coach in LL
6 year All star coach LL
5 year LD basketball coach
4 years coach youth FB coach
Some where around 100 umpire and ref'ing of all levels of our youth sports including girls softball.

You are an ass hole with your assumption!!!!

sTxforlife
09-25-2011, 09:12 PM
I second "where the hell did this come from quote from tiger dad??????

You are an ass hole with your assumption!!!!
and now the profanity comes out

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 09:22 PM
and now the profanity comes out

LOL@sTx...yeah, it did. Are you one of those kids living off their mommy and daddy's money too? LOL

Manso/V8
09-25-2011, 09:42 PM

I haven't heard of something like this happening around this part of Texas. I have to say it is not so surprising after reading some of the Wimberley posts on this thread......and posts from towns like Brownwood last year. It seems yall take rabid fan to a whole new level, like a foaming at the mouth level. Was this guy and his buddies already on the sidelines as part of the staff or as special guests, or did they hop the fence to dole out some vigilante officiating? Is he one of those "good kids" from Wimberley gone awry? Was he a big football star in high school and then didn't make it at the next level? Sounds like a good script for a Friday Night Lights episode.
I hope they booted these guys from the stadium and not just chased them off the field.

sTxforlife
09-25-2011, 09:47 PM
LOL@sTx...yeah, it did. Are you one of those kids living off their mommy and daddy's money too? LOL
nope, we's be's the poor folks, my full academic scholarship pays for everything

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 09:58 PM
I haven't heard of something like this happening around this part of Texas. I have to say it is not so surprising after reading some of the Wimberley posts on this thread......and posts from towns like Brownwood last year. It seems yall take rabid fan to a whole new level, like a foaming at the mouth level. Was this guy and his buddies already on the sidelines as part of the staff or as special guests, or did they hop the fence to dole out some vigilante officiating? Is he one of those "good kids" from Wimberley gone awry? Was he a big football star in high school and then didn't make it at the next level? Sounds like a good script for a Friday Night Lights episode.
I hope they booted these guys from the stadium and not just chased them off the field.

Uh-oh...an otherwise quiet Sealy fan comes out after the stinging loss. Welcome!!

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 09:58 PM
nope, we's be's the poor folks, my full academic scholarship pays for everything

Excellent, sTx...take full advantage of it. Where are you going to school ?

Manso/V8
09-25-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm not a Sealy fan, Sealy is actually our biggest rival.
I am a fan of this thread though!

Gone Fishing
09-25-2011, 10:03 PM

I'm sure!!! hope its not in photography!!

sTxforlife
09-25-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm sure!!! hope its not in photography!!
nope petroleum engineering, it pays a little bit better

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 10:08 PM
i'm sure!!! Hope its not in photography!!

lololol

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 10:08 PM

Sure does...good choice.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 10:09 PM

And BTW...I hope they ban them for at least one game at home for doing what they did. We dont put up with that here, unlike some other places...for instance, we would never allow (lets say) a head coach or something like that (just as an example) running on the field screaming and cussing (cuz that would be just plain wrong) and getting two flags thrown and being escorted off (totally hypothetically, you understand). We NEVER have EVER seen THAT in these here parts of Texas. NO SIR!!!!

sTxforlife
09-25-2011, 10:10 PM
And BTW...I hope they ban them for at least one game at home for doing what they did. We dont put up with that here, unlike some other places...for instance, we would never allow (lets say) a head coach or something like that (just as an example) running on the field screaming and cussing (cuz that would be just plain wrong) and getting two flags thrown and being escorted off (totally hypothetically, you understand). We NEVER have EVER seen THAT in these here parts of Texas. NO SIR!!!!
Lol what a great imagination you have to come up with such a creative hypothetical situation!!

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Lol what a great imagination you have to come up with such a creative hypothetical situation!!

I should have been a writer!!! LOL

sTxforlife
09-25-2011, 10:13 PM
I should have been a writer!!! LOL
hahaha could've made a fortune!!

wimbo_pro
09-25-2011, 10:20 PM
hahaha could've made a fortune!!

All jabbin' and pokin' aside, sTx....I hope Sealy can keep improving and take Region 3 and get another shot at revenge against us (assuming we get better too and make it to the semi's, though our region seems less populated with State contenders than does yours). That would be a great atmosphere, eh?

Manso/V8
09-25-2011, 10:32 PM

The only place we see that around here is Little League baseball and PeeWee football.......it has slowed down a little since most of the parent "experts" have their kids on select teams. It is amusing and amazing how otherwise nice, normal folks can get so twisted up about youth sports. It usually fades out once the kids get in to junior high.

To clarify, I am not Sealy fan, but I do respect their program and wish them well when it doesn't interfere with the home town team. The same goes for Wimberley, I have respect for the program, the kids seem very well coached. Not all, but alot of your fans that post here are blowhards, so even though I don't have anything against the kids, it would be fun to see yall lose a big one (maybe Canyon Lake) to watch how the posters react.....good luck, and hope yall have a good playoff run.

sTxforlife
09-25-2011, 10:35 PM
All jabbin' and pokin' aside, sTx....I hope Sealy can keep improving and take Region 3 and get another shot at revenge against us (assuming we get better too and make it to the semi's, though our region seems less populated with State contenders than does yours). That would be a great atmosphere, eh?
that would be awesome, only problem is stafford would have to make the playoffs for us to go D2, im really hoping they do because the game would only be better later in the season

wimbo_pro
09-26-2011, 04:17 AM
The only place we see that around here is Little League baseball and PeeWee football.......it has slowed down a little since most of the parent "experts" have their kids on select teams. It is amusing and amazing how otherwise nice, normal folks can get so twisted up about youth sports. It usually fades out once the kids get in to junior high.

To clarify, I am not Sealy fan, but I do respect their program and wish them well when it doesn't interfere with the home town team. The same goes for Wimberley, I have respect for the program, the kids seem very well coached. Not all, but alot of your fans that post here are blowhards, so even though I don't have anything against the kids, it would be fun to see yall lose a big one (maybe Canyon Lake) to watch how the posters react.....good luck, and hope yall have a good playoff run.

Well, if you go back and check the predicitions at the very beginning of this year, I think you will find that almost every single Wimberley poster (maybe EVERY one, not sure) predicted we would lose at least one game before the play offs. I thought (at the beginning of the season) it could possibly be Cuero or Sealy...or both. I still think its very possible it could be CL, but I really dont think so at this point. I predicted (with 100% certainty...if there is such a thing in HS sports) that we would make the play offs. I stand by that prediction, and will repeat that its not that long of a limb to be out on because the only two other teams worth a crap this year are CL and Navarro.

As far as predicting further than just making the play offs? Won't do it. I will say that I will feel great disappointment if we do not get at LEAST as far as we did last year...the State Semi-Finals. I think that goes without saying for everyone, I'm sure.

wimbo_pro
09-26-2011, 04:19 AM
that would be awesome, only problem is stafford would have to make the playoffs for us to go D2, im really hoping they do because the game would only be better later in the season

Oh...didnt think about that. Yeah, we are 100% going D2, no other possibility being the 2nd smallest in the district. Too bad!

ol country boy
09-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Congrats to the Texans on the win

pirate4state
09-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Ahhh, I love Mitchell & he loves you too wimbo! LOL

Tex
09-26-2011, 09:06 AM
I know who looked scared at the end. To all of you who predicted a blowout......... No I'm not gonna do it. You are not nearly as good as you would like to believe. You were much better last year. I think Canyon Lake beats yall.

Wow - it was just an observation of the first half - Seals-Jones and Sealy obviously stepped up in the second half and it was a heck of a game. I do think we are as good as we think we are - at least good enough to get the "W" - what a sore loser Tiger Dad.

wimbo_pro
09-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Ahhh, I love Mitchell & he loves you too wimbo! LOL

Coach Mitchell?? From Sealy?? No, silly....my comments we totally and completely hypothetical. Any resemblence to actual events or persons was merely coincidental. All rights reserved.

HSFB
09-26-2011, 11:50 AM

I was not near this alleged event but I do know that the ref was getting plenty from multiple sources and appeared to be sensitive and flustered to say the least. I'm sure that words were being said but I am almost certain that this is being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy over-played. This is a complete non-issue. So who has not given a ref a little of the business at one time or another????? ....bunch of self righteous hypocrites.

Sportshack
09-26-2011, 12:24 PM
I was not near this alleged event but I do know that the ref was getting plenty from multiple sources and appeared to be sensitive and flustered to say the least. I'm sure that words were being said but I am almost certain that this is being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy over-played. This is a complete non-issue. So who has not given a ref a little of the business at one time or another????? ....bunch of self righteous hypocrites.

The point of the game where this scenario played out was after 2 very qustionable calls by the officials in a very emotional moment for Texans fans...they went from great defensive stand and continued control of game to 1st and goal at the one yd line in a matter of moments and on the back of 2 questionable calls. The fans were frustrated by the pass interference call and then on top of that to have the D-line flagged for offsides before another play when executing the line shift they often perform jsut set off the emotional crowd. There were some boosters on the sidelines who gave refs business and reportedly an ex-player. However, recall that the entire visiting stands were going somewhat crazy at the time and the boos were reigning down with some serious passion!!!! Soooo...is it ahrd to conceive that words were barked at refs from sidelines...absolutely not. Should they have been...probably not. Although, I am sure coaches were giving them the business as well. If they had been in stands...no big deal. It was handled seamlessly with no great protest, etc. or other scene. Emotions just got the better of FANS that happened to be on sideline. I do not really have an issue with way it was handled as it is common for refs not to ahve to deal with fans to close to field.

Tejastrue
09-26-2011, 12:31 PM

Hey sTx, maybe when ya gradeeeate you can use dat dare injunineering dagree and hep drop tha darn peetrolium down to a cupal of quartrs pur moonshine jug. I cants evn ford to drive my 4 wheler.. its a dawg gone shame :weeping:

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1239229345822&id=ece93e3d518ff4a4ca127243196b8342&url=http%3a%2f%2fi19.photobucket.com%2falbums%2fb1 82%2fstormieweather66%2fDouthitBriarweddingJune200 7168.jpg

sTxforlife
09-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Hey sTx, maybe when ya gradeeeate you can use dat dare injunineering dagree and hep drop tha darn peetrolium down to a cupal of quartrs pur moonshine jug. I cants evn ford to drive my 4 wheler.. its a dawg gone shame :weeping:

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1239229345822&id=ece93e3d518ff4a4ca127243196b8342&url=http%3a%2f%2fi19.photobucket.com%2falbums%2fb1 82%2fstormieweather66%2fDouthitBriarweddingJune200 7168.jpg
that is definitely the plan lol

ogg
09-26-2011, 12:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj3SIXtLaAY

Tejastrue
09-26-2011, 01:15 PM

I don't think any of us from Wimberley thought we should be in the top 3. At least I didn't. If anything, Coldspring should be ahead of us if only for last year's semi final results. Our Oline has been a work in progress since day 1. The poll people talked about the 16 returning starters from last year but fail to mention that just one was on the OL. The ones who talk about how good we are in the trenches most likely have not seen us play a ball game. Lord knows the OL has greatly improved but still we have a ways to go. Missing that Smithville game has not helped matters. Now we have a bye although after Friday's game it's probably a welcomed week off. Now it seems we've lost a key man on defense for the year. People talk about how good we think we are and how we were humbled. I say I agree to a certain extent but if you're wanting to be champions you find a way to win, no matter what you must overcome. I'd say we overcame several obstacles on Friday.

Tejastrue
09-26-2011, 01:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj3SIXtLaAY

:spitlol::spitlol::spitlol:

Manso/V8
09-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Well, if you go back and check the predicitions at the very beginning of this year, I think you will find that almost every single Wimberley poster (maybe EVERY one, not sure) predicted we would lose at least one game before the play offs. I thought (at the beginning of the season) it could possibly be Cuero or Sealy...or both. I still think its very possible it could be CL, but I really dont think so at this point. I predicted (with 100% certainty...if there is such a thing in HS sports) that we would make the play offs. I stand by that prediction, and will repeat that its not that long of a limb to be out on because the only two other teams worth a crap this year are CL and Navarro.

As far as predicting further than just making the play offs? Won't do it. I will say that I will feel great disappointment if we do not get at LEAST as far as we did last year...the State Semi-Finals. I think that goes without saying for everyone, I'm sure.

For sure, undefeated regulard seasons are rare at all levels of football. Too many things can happen. Most folks with a clue would predict, or hedge with at least one loss. That loss, or a near loss, usually better prepares teams for the playoffs. I imagine that is the case for Sealy and Wimberley (apart from the injuries, which I hate to see.)

The "blowhard" reference was just in fun. I realize that yall were pumped and sparring before the game. Gotta admit, that TejasTrue's prediction of a "beat down and moms/dads crying in the stands" and your "toothless/uneducated/fat adults/dirty trucks/expired tags" gem (now hilarious) got me going a bit. Sealy may be our county/district rival, but ya gotta stand up for family.

I have only seen Wimberley play in the 7on7 tourney. My impression is that they are very well coached, and the kids are motivated to work hard to make the most of their individual talents. Decent talent, good coaching, blocking, tackling, and execution takes teams in to the playoffs until they run in to the same kind of team with difference maker athletes (D1 types). What about Wimberley and other area teams, is there that kind of talent? Do many Wimberley players go on to play college football, D1, D2, or other? What about the Smith kid? I had heard he was out with an injury? Is that related to the injury he had last year and is he expected to return this year?

Until then, I'm gonna go brush my teeth, read a book, eat a salad, wash my truck, and maybe even get them tags renewed.

Manso/V8
09-26-2011, 04:35 PM
The point of the game where this scenario played out was after 2 very qustionable calls by the officials in a very emotional moment for Texans fans...they went from great defensive stand and continued control of game to 1st and goal at the one yd line in a matter of moments and on the back of 2 questionable calls. The fans were frustrated by the pass interference call and then on top of that to have the D-line flagged for offsides before another play when executing the line shift they often perform jsut set off the emotional crowd. There were some boosters on the sidelines who gave refs business and reportedly an ex-player. However, recall that the entire visiting stands were going somewhat crazy at the time and the boos were reigning down with some serious passion!!!! Soooo...is it ahrd to conceive that words were barked at refs from sidelines...absolutely not. Should they have been...probably not. Although, I am sure coaches were giving them the business as well. If they had been in stands...no big deal. It was handled seamlessly with no great protest, etc. or other scene. Emotions just got the better of FANS that happened to be on sideline. I do not really have an issue with way it was handled as it is common for refs not to ahve to deal with fans to close to field.

Fair enough, sounds like it is being overblown just like a lot of other things have been surrounding these two Sealy-Wimberley instant classic games. High emotion is part of what makes football such a great game.

Not to jab, but is it common for boosters and ex-players to be on the sidelines for your games? It is common at the college level, but those passes are hard to come by!

Sideline access is pretty limited in our town, except for an occaisional fund raiser raffle to watch the game from a couch on the track......which isn't a good view of the game anyway.

How does a booster or ex-player earn the priviledge to be on the sideline?

trojandad
09-26-2011, 04:52 PM
I don't think any of us from Wimberley thought we should be in the top 3. At least I didn't. If anything, Coldspring should be ahead of us if only for last year's semi final results. Our Oline has been a work in progress since day 1. The poll people talked about the 16 returning starters from last year but fail to mention that just one was on the OL. The ones who talk about how good we are in the trenches most likely have not seen us play a ball game. Lord knows the OL has greatly improved but still we have a ways to go. Missing that Smithville game has not helped matters. Now we have a bye although after Friday's game it's probably a welcomed week off. Now it seems we've lost a key man on defense for the year. People talk about how good we think we are and how we were humbled. I say I agree to a certain extent but if you're wanting to be champions you find a way to win, no matter what you must overcome. I'd say we overcame several obstacles on Friday.

no, it wasnt you guys saying you should be #1, the ap pollsters had you guys one first place vote off of chapel hill before their lindale game....evidently a lot of people were wonderin whether to put you guys #1 should ch have slipped....

as for us, we needed some better competition to impress people....i do think that crockett is gonna make a good showing in 2a but dont believe well see a good challenge until the huffman game, and barbay will have 2 weeks to get ready for that one....well only move up if you or others stumble, and with our competition so far im ok with that....sneakin up on people last year proved to be fun....they can drop us out of the top 10, i dont care....lol

wimbo_pro
09-26-2011, 05:06 PM
For sure, undefeated regulard seasons are rare at all levels of football. Too many things can happen. Most folks with a clue would predict, or hedge with at least one loss. That loss, or a near loss, usually better prepares teams for the playoffs. I imagine that is the case for Sealy and Wimberley (apart from the injuries, which I hate to see.)

The "blowhard" reference was just in fun. I realize that yall were pumped and sparring before the game. Gotta admit, that TejasTrue's prediction of a "beat down and moms/dads crying in the stands" and your "toothless/uneducated/fat adults/dirty trucks/expired tags" gem (now hilarious) got me going a bit. Sealy may be our county/district rival, but ya gotta stand up for family.

I have only seen Wimberley play in the 7on7 tourney. My impression is that they are very well coached, and the kids are motivated to work hard to make the most of their individual talents. Decent talent, good coaching, blocking, tackling, and execution takes teams in to the playoffs until they run in to the same kind of team with difference maker athletes (D1 types). What about Wimberley and other area teams, is there that kind of talent? Do many Wimberley players go on to play college football, D1, D2, or other? What about the Smith kid? I had heard he was out with an injury? Is that related to the injury he had last year and is he expected to return this year?

Until then, I'm gonna go brush my teeth, read a book, eat a salad, wash my truck, and maybe even get them tags renewed.

LOL...here's the ironic side of my comments...I graduated from Katy High!! LOL

Sportshack
09-26-2011, 06:58 PM

Smith is supposed to be back from foot injury. We will see. He is D-1 talent. Blakemore could play at D-1 but is on small side. He is getting some looks. Niko Alana could play D-1 and is getting some interest from some smaller schools. Maybe few other small college type players. Mostly just a scrappy bunch. Hopefully will not see anyone with Seal-Jones physicality and frustrating ability the rest of the season LOL. Game plan him all you want...unless you got big, really fast athletes to trap him early there will be a problem. By the way...heard from my friend with a kid playing in the trenches that the Sealy kids showed a lot of sportsmanship despite all the hard hitting and scrapping that was going on. Relayed several good natured conversations that took place at the bottom of piles. Got a kick out of it. Most of them got it figured out.

Tejastrue
09-26-2011, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=Manso/V8;1613376]
The "blowhard" reference was just in fun. I realize that yall were pumped and sparring before the game. Gotta admit, that TejasTrue's prediction of a "beat down and moms/dads crying in the stands" and your "toothless/uneducated/fat adults/dirty trucks/expired tags" gem (now hilarious) got me going a bit. Sealy may be our county/district rival, but ya gotta stand up for family. QUOTE]

If you noticed Manso, back around the 5th page of this thread, I responded with the "beat down" comment right after some went after one of our players and then the coaching staff with the "stealing and convict" comments so if you're trying to justify what you may have said, surely you can understand the reasons for my response. Never thought we would actually "beat down" Sealy but it sure felt good saying it at the time. Just defending "our family".

1st and goal
09-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Got a question for Wimberley folk, who's the coach who hollars at the kids? He's an older, big ole' boy. He might even go back for 4ths at an all you can eat buffet. I'm thinking he was a force to be reckoned with in his football days.

Tejastrue
09-26-2011, 07:41 PM
no, it wasnt you guys saying you should be #1, the ap pollsters had you guys one first place vote off of chapel hill before their lindale game....evidently a lot of people were wonderin whether to put you guys #1 should ch have slipped....

as for us, we needed some better competition to impress people....i do think that crockett is gonna make a good showing in 2a but dont believe well see a good challenge until the huffman game, and barbay will have 2 weeks to get ready for that one....well only move up if you or others stumble, and with our competition so far im ok with that....sneakin up on people last year proved to be fun....they can drop us out of the top 10, i dont care....lol

I know TD. Not sure why we had moved so close to the top but also saw where we dropped in points this week but not standings. That was surprising. It may be a tribute more to Sealy than anything. You guys are at #4 now... sorry, no flying under the radar this year :D

Tejastrue
09-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Got a question for Wimberley folk, who's the coach who hollars at the kids? He's an older, big ole' boy. He might even go back for 4ths at an all you can eat buffet. I'm thinking he was a force to be reckoned with in his football days.

That would probably be coach Smith yelling at the defense. He's not for sale...:)

Manso/V8
09-26-2011, 08:45 PM
@ TejasTrue in response to your message,
"If you noticed Manso, back around the 5th page of this thread, I responded with the "beat down" comment right after some went after one of our players and then the coaching staff with the "stealing and convict" comments so if you're trying to justify what you may have said, surely you can understand the reasons for my response. Never thought we would actually "beat down" Sealy but it sure felt good saying it at the time. Just defending "our family". "

Agreed that going after a player on this board about some off-field issue is always wrong, they are just kids. Going after the coaching staff was wrong in this case, I'm sure they did whatever they did was best for any kids involved as well as the team and program. If a coach does something blatantly wrong, like real proven dirty laundry, then I think that adult coach is fair game. You have every right to defend the family, and just like "beat down" felt good saying it at that time, it stung and raised the raised the level of emotion for some. I have no issue with you, you have been a moderating force. I'm not trying to justify or think I need to justify any thing I said. Let me know if you think different.

A couple things about your photos.
If that is really you on the 4-wheeler, you might consider a shirt for protection from brush (and cameras!)
The Texas flag in your avatar is dangerously close to touching the ground, rest my worries and tell me that yall don't ever let that happen.
BTW, you were less than 10 minutes away from the colonial capital of Texas (San Felipe) during the game friday.

If you noticed Manso, back around the 5th page of this thread, I responded with the "beat down" comment right after some went after one of our players and then the coaching staff with the "stealing and convict" comments so if you're trying to justify what you may have said, surely you can understand the reasons for my response. Never thought we would actually "beat down" Sealy but it sure felt good saying it at the time. Just defending "our family".[/QUOTE]

Tejastrue
09-26-2011, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=Manso/V8;1613468]@ TejasTrue in response to your message,
"If you noticed Manso, back around the 5th page of this thread, I responded with the "beat down" comment right after some went after one of our players and then the coaching staff with the "stealing and convict" comments so if you're trying to justify what you may have said, surely you can understand the reasons for my response. Never thought we would actually "beat down" Sealy but it sure felt good saying it at the time. Just defending "our family". "

Agreed that going after a player on this board about some off-field issue is always wrong, they are just kids. Going after the coaching staff was wrong in this case, I'm sure they did whatever they did was best for any kids involved as well as the team and program. If a coach does something blatantly wrong, like real proven dirty laundry, then I think that adult coach is fair game. You have every right to defend the family, and just like "beat down" felt good saying it at that time, it stung and raised the raised the level of emotion for some. I have no issue with you, you have been a moderating force. I'm not trying to justify or think I need to justify any thing I said. Let me know if you think different.

A couple things about your photos.
If that is really you on the 4-wheeler, you might consider a shirt for protection from brush (and cameras!)
The Texas flag in your avatar is dangerously close to touching the ground, rest my worries and tell me that yall don't ever let that happen.
BTW, you were less than 10 minutes away from the colonial capital of Texas (San Felipe) during the game friday.

Just giving the basis for my response Manso. Funny, what was unexpected was that my comment seemed to bother more none Sealy people.

Fortunately, that is not me on the 4 wheeler. I've been able to fight the laws of gravity over the years a little better than what is displayed in that photo. I think I'm also bit purtier than he is, at least in my mirror...

Note; No flags were harmed in the making of that image for my avatar.
I believe they may have stopped running the flags on the field because of concerns like yours. You are not the first to question the handling of our flags. A well justified concern.

I'm aware of San Felipe history, just never visited.

gold_33
09-26-2011, 11:43 PM
This is getting old, if Sealy fans are truly unaware that we dominated this game for 3 quarters then yall are ridiculous. 1pt or 20pts it doesnt matter we still won so get over it and quit the whinning!! We beat yall and the refs and anyone that wants to say that the refs werent terrible is full of it because there was plenty of bogus calls that went Sealy's way and they never flagged Sealy on a couple false starts or for holding Blakemore a few times on passes but were quick to throw a flag on a non pass interference call in the end zone!! Apparently we werent that good last year that we beat yall by 1 point but still made it to semi finals but I didnt see Sealy in the semi's!! Good teams find a way to win and we did just that and yall havent twice this year so quit saying we lucked out and arent that good. We traveled a long ways and played a good team and came out on top, thats all that matters!!! Good luck the rest of the season, we have district to worry about and not Sealy!!

Tex
09-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Smith is supposed to be back from foot injury. We will see. He is D-1 talent. Blakemore could play at D-1 but is on small side. He is getting some looks. Niko Alana could play D-1 and is getting some interest from some smaller schools. Maybe few other small college type players. Mostly just a scrappy bunch. Hopefully will not see anyone with Seal-Jones physicality and frustrating ability the rest of the season LOL. Game plan him all you want...unless you got big, really fast athletes to trap him early there will be a problem. By the way...heard from my friend with a kid playing in the trenches that the Sealy kids showed a lot of sportsmanship despite all the hard hitting and scrapping that was going on. Relayed several good natured conversations that took place at the bottom of piles. Got a kick out of it. Most of them got it figured out.

My kid said the same thing about the sportsmanship - I had asked him if Sealy was pissed off because they lost again in the exact same situation - he said no - we talked smack the whole game but afterwards they all said it was just a game and it's cool - some of the adults on this forum need to take a lesson from their kids. :)

Tex
09-27-2011, 08:57 AM
:iagree:

Couldn't have said it better than Gold_33

sTxforlife
09-27-2011, 09:52 AM
This is getting old, if Sealy fans are truly unaware that we dominated this game for 3 quarters then yall are ridiculous. 1pt or 20pts it doesnt matter we still won so get over it and quit the whinning!! We beat yall and the refs and anyone that wants to say that the refs werent terrible is full of it because there was plenty of bogus calls that went Sealy's way and they never flagged Sealy on a couple false starts or for holding Blakemore a few times on passes but were quick to throw a flag on a non pass interference call in the end zone!! Apparently we werent that good last year that we beat yall by 1 point but still made it to semi finals but I didnt see Sealy in the semi's!! Good teams find a way to win and we did just that and yall havent twice this year so quit saying we lucked out and arent that good. We traveled a long ways and played a good team and came out on top, thats all that matters!!! Good luck the rest of the season, we have district to worry about and not Sealy!!
The Sealy fans stopped whining about this game a long time ago, the way this game turned out was just as good as a win to us. I've heard more whining from Wimberley fans than Sealy fans.

Tejastrue
09-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Anybody seen any post game coverage of this one online? I've found nothing so far.

lbjacj
09-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Anybody seen any post game coverage of this one online? I've found nothing so far.

This is all I have found...:rolleyes:
http://www.sealysports.com/Sealy_STSN/Game_Recaps.html

Tejastrue
09-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks lbjacj. Looks like who posted that had to "snap out of it" a couple of times. Notice not a single Texan was mentioned by name. I guess that's better than getting the names wrong...:D

I was hoping the San Marcos paper would have something but I guess we were a little "out of the way" for their coverage.

ogg
09-27-2011, 03:40 PM
The Sealy fans stopped whining about this game a long time ago, the way this game turned out was just as good as a win to us. I've heard more whining from Wimberley fans than Sealy fans.

To lose and say:"as good as a win to us", now that's a flattering statment. Thanks!

957tiger
09-27-2011, 04:35 PM
At the Tiger Booster club meeting last night all was positive. Coach Mitchell spoke at length about the talents of Wimberley. Everyone in the room voiced respect for both teams. Discussion turned to Gray's broken leg and how disapointing it was to have his season end that way.I wittnessed players from both teams lay some big hits on each other and then help them up. I was impressed by the sportsmanship seldom seen on the field these days. Even in battle respect was shown to the victor, and the defeated. This was a classic game for so many different reasons. Try to pick just one, it's almost impossible to do so.

Not sure who many of the Wimberley folks are that are insisting one team dominated the other and that Sealy fans are complaining about the outcome. Take a breath and go back and start at the begining of this particular thread and watch the flow of comments prior to and after the game. As I mentioned before the officials were doing a poor job, but that seems to be more the norm this year. Not sure if Coach Nelms reviews game film with the booster club members. If you have the opportunity to watch the entire game you will see in slow motion and regular speed many, many non-calls and bad calls for and against both sides.

I speak for a good many people and we were treated to a rare game, played as it should be and the best team won. One team saw a need for improvement and the other team realized they have not reached their potential. I am only sorry that we won't face another team of Wimberleys caliber until the play-offs.

Tex
09-27-2011, 05:16 PM
At the Tiger Booster club meeting last night all was positive. Coach Mitchell spoke at length about the talents of Wimberley. Everyone in the room voiced respect for both teams. Discussion turned to Gray's broken leg and how disapointing it was to have his season end that way.I wittnessed players from both teams lay some big hits on each other and then help them up. I was impressed by the sportsmanship seldom seen on the field these days. Even in battle respect was shown to the victor, and the defeated. This was a classic game for so many different reasons. Try to pick just one, it's almost impossible to do so.

Not sure who many of the Wimberley folks are that are insisting one team dominated the other and that Sealy fans are complaining about the outcome. Take a breath and go back and start at the begining of this particular thread and watch the flow of comments prior to and after the game. As I mentioned before the officials were doing a poor job, but that seems to be more the norm this year. Not sure if Coach Nelms reviews game film with the booster club members. If you have the opportunity to watch the entire game you will see in slow motion and regular speed many, many non-calls and bad calls for and against both sides.

I speak for a good many people and we were treated to a rare game, played as it should be and the best team won. One team saw a need for improvement and the other team realized they have not reached their potential. I am only sorry that we won't face another team of Wimberleys caliber until the play-offs.

957-Josh's leg is very disappointing - thanks for the kind words. I am glad to hear the coach's perception and my kid enjoyed the game and couldn't say enough how "cool" the kids were - they talked "smack" during the game, but it's all good was a Sealy players comment to my kid. I am not sure if Nelms reviews the film with the boosters - but each Monday there is a viewing at a local restaurant for any who want to come. This game won't be viewed till next week since we are off again, but I can't wait to see it as I missed the game. Stay classy 957!

Tejastrue
09-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks for sharing 957. I just might get to like you. I'm sure that would make your day. :) Hope we continue to schedule this matchup for years to come.

On a separate subject. We have of course Canyon Lake still on our schedule. Did you see your game with them and if so, in your opinion, how do we compare?

957tiger
09-27-2011, 08:10 PM
The Texans will face a pretty good running game at CL. Henshaw does a good job of hiding behind his big offensive line. Most of his damage was done on the sweep. Limited success up the middle. Very elusive. Kind of like our # 25 Jowan Davis. Likes to leave his feet when avoiding tackles. Good kicking game. Defense appeared to wear down in the second half. Overall Wimberley will prevail. Your team realized how hard it is to have a target on your back and how easy it is to find someone chasing you up and down the field. You guys are a lot like us. It would be nice to have another competitive game this week. You are open and we face a team that is 0-5. I think it will be a two touchdown win for the Texans against CL. Good Luck and stay healthy.

sTxforlife
09-27-2011, 08:41 PM
To lose and say:"as good as a win to us", now that's a flattering statment. Thanks!
We weren't supposed to win, and we ended up almost beating yall, the confidence and maturity we gained from this game is just as good as a win IMO

lbjacj
09-27-2011, 08:55 PM

This is Wimberley stats only...

http://pbstats.pointstreak.com/boxscore.html?gameid=27013

Tejastrue
09-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Just saw this in regards to Smith's return. About the same time frame expected.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 04:31 PM

Wimberley running back Dennis Smith, who broke his foot in an opening-day victory against Cuero, might return for the Oct. 14 game against Canyon Lake or Oct. 21 against Fredericksburg, coach Weldon Nelms said Tuesday.
Smith broke the same foot in a game last season against Sealy, an injury that kept him out most of the year. Smith said that he suffered a Jones fracture, an injury to the base of the small toe.
Smith has been one of the area’s top running backs since he broke in during his freshman season. Once verbally committed to Texas A&M, he is back in the recruiting market after the Aggies withdrew their offer. Wimberley is 4-0 and ranked No. 2 in the state in Class 3A.

sTxforlife
09-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Just saw this in regards to Smith's return. About the same time frame expected.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 04:31 PM

Wimberley running back Dennis Smith, who broke his foot in an opening-day victory against Cuero, might return for the Oct. 14 game against Canyon Lake or Oct. 21 against Fredericksburg, coach Weldon Nelms said Tuesday.
Smith broke the same foot in a game last season against Sealy, an injury that kept him out most of the year. Smith said that he suffered a Jones fracture, an injury to the base of the small toe.
Smith has been one of the area’s top running backs since he broke in during his freshman season. Once verbally committed to Texas A&M, he is back in the recruiting market after the Aggies withdrew their offer. Wimberley is 4-0 and ranked No. 2 in the state in Class 3A.
Good to hear, hope he comes back as strong as ever, he has a bright future

hookandladder
09-28-2011, 07:37 AM

It kinda sucks to think feel you are better then you are and then you play the game and realize you still have lots of work to do before you reach your ultimate goal, all part of the game.

Tejastrue
09-28-2011, 11:19 AM
It kinda sucks to think feel you are better then you are and then you play the game and realize you still have lots of work to do before you reach your ultimate goal, all part of the game.

Nothing has changed here with my opinion. Still feel we are the better team. Always the need to improve. As in regards to the first part of your comment, it kinda sucks to know your own team is nowhere near either one of them.

BEAST
09-28-2011, 11:23 AM

I always shake my head when I see a post like this. It is one thing to throw some smack if your team is good. It is another thing to thrown smack at a team that is far superior to yours in a game that your team didnt even play against them. WOW!!

BEAST

Tejastrue
09-28-2011, 11:41 AM
I always shake my head when I see a post like this. It is one thing to throw some smack if your team is good. It is another thing to thrown smack at a team that is far superior to yours in a game that your team didnt even play against them. WOW!!

BEAST

:iagree:

lbjacj
09-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Thanks lbjacj. Looks like who posted that had to "snap out of it" a couple of times. Notice not a single Texan was mentioned by name. I guess that's better than getting the names wrong...:D

I was hoping the San Marcos paper would have something but I guess we were a little "out of the way" for their coverage.

Got an email reply from the sports editor at the San Marcos Record and he said just what you were guessing. He was in east Texas and had to cover Lehman and San Marcos of course so he had no one to send to Sealy. Says he will get a story out Thursday or Friday so keep looking.

trojandad
09-28-2011, 12:00 PM
this thread has almost 400 posts, many after the game is over.....my money is it will go to over 600 posts, maybe 700 and wont quit getting posts until after the last team leaves the playoffs....it has been fun to watch and rivals last years carthage-brownwood game thread in intensity, if not in game importance....:cheerl:

Tejastrue
09-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Appreciate that lbjacj. :thumbsup:

Tejastrue
09-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Got an email reply from the sports editor at the San Marcos Record and he said just what you were guessing. He was in east Texas and had to cover Lehman and San Marcos of course so he had no one to send to Sealy. Says he will get a story out Thursday or Friday so keep looking.

The Wimberley View's coverage was just awful speaking mostly about last year's game. Not sure how they go about covering games being so small. The Sealy News online coverage was out the day after last year's game but still nothing for this one. I guess maybe Thursday or Friday. Just enjoy getting all the perspectives.

zebrablue2
09-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Wanted to see the yardstick before I posted!

1st downs--- Wimb-17 Sealy-22
Rush-Yds---- 147 - 338
Passing Yds- 152 - 108
Total Yds---- 299 - 446
Penalties---- 7-48 - 5-30

Refs didn't take over this game, and Sealy had 147 yds more offense than Wimberly.

pirate4state
09-28-2011, 04:31 PM

Rush-Yds---- 147 - 338
Passing Yds- 152 - 108
Total Yds---- 299 - 446

Refs didn't take over this game, and Sealy had 147 yds more offense than Wimberly.

too bad it didn't translate to a W

Tejastrue
09-28-2011, 05:02 PM

Were you one of the Zebras at that game? :doh:Who's your source for the stats? I've seen them and these are fudged just a bit however I'd kinda figured they outgained us by about 100 yds. It's a moot point however so what's yours?

wimbo_pro
09-28-2011, 05:24 PM

Kinda like your early exit from the play offs last year? Yeah....ouch. Kinda sucks.

ogg
09-28-2011, 05:41 PM

Rush-Yds---- 147 - 338
Passing Yds- 152 - 108
Total Yds---- 299 - 446

Were you at the game?

Tex
09-28-2011, 05:45 PM

Rush-Yds---- 147 - 338
Passing Yds- 152 - 108
Total Yds---- 299 - 446

These numbers are great, fine, and dandy.....however the most important number that were left off this list was Sealy 27 and Wimberley 28.....weeks from now the numbers you posted won't be asked....what will be asked is who won.

Manso/V8
09-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Kinda like your early exit from the play offs last year? Yeah....ouch. Kinda sucks.

I wouldn't say it sucks to be in Region III, but I would say Wimberley is fortunate to be in the Region IV playoff bracket.

Tejastrue
09-28-2011, 09:42 PM
I wouldn't say it sucks to be in Region III, but I would say Wimberley is fortunate to be in the Region IV playoff bracket.

There you go, butting in again. No one said anything about R-3. Would you stop trolling and at least share with us a team you support or you just want to continue to hide out "down on the farm". FYI, we would compete in any region...

trojandad
09-28-2011, 10:00 PM

you know, ive been tough on wimberley this year, ive had one offensive line coach who saw them really criticize their techniques and when they choose different blocking schemes,, and ive tried to relay this to my year old friends there (not in age, in length of time known...lol) and sometimes its heard and sometimes not....and i thought the same thing, "what if they were in region 3?".....

but when you go down the list, they obviously competed with sealy, im pretty positive theyd compete with navasota (but thats the only unknown for me), i believe they would with lavega, giddings and athens....except for a one game history with us (which our defense won for us, they shut down gilbert to 60+ yds even tho cummings got 200) who says they didnt just have a bad game against us?...i know ive said that very thing for a year now only to have them say "oh no, you guys whipped our tail"...

i cant see where they wouldnt compete well in region 3, even if region 4 is down this year (and i think were down overall last year, too)....

Gone Fishing
09-28-2011, 10:05 PM
There you go, butting in again. No one said anything about R-3. Would you stop trolling and at least share with us a team you support or you just want to continue to hide out "down on the farm". FYI, we would compete in any region...

To Manso

Year before last Wimberley was in R-1. We played in the regional championship game! Don't have to say anything more. R-1, R-4 Texans are very good every year, Great football program, period! Doesn't matter where we play. Oh yeah, we kick most peoples ass in volleyball too.

zebrablue2
09-28-2011, 10:15 PM
My, the wimberley fans fired back at me ! As I stated, waited to see stats, because some said the refs kept Sealy in the game. Clearly the tigers kept themselves in this game, and what a great one it was. Got no dog in this fight, just reading the threads u all throw out! Good luck to both schools the rest of the way, and always remember when sitting in the stands,( the ref is always right):D BTW, I was nowhere near this game last Fri.!

Tejastrue
09-28-2011, 10:29 PM
My, the wimberley fans fired back at me ! As I stated, waited to see stats, because some said the refs kept Sealy in the game. Clearly the tigers kept themselves in this game, and what a great one it was. Got no dog in this fight, just reading the threads u all throw out! Good luck to both schools the rest of the way, and always remember when sitting in the stands,( the ref is always right):D BTW, I was nowhere near this game last Fri.!

Now you know that flags can sustain drives, thus creating the yardage to pile up. There were at least three Zebras that I can absolutely say, without a doubt, were the main culprits and I know them by name... Seals, Jones and Davis. Wait, maybe there were just two or wait, seemed like three, yes I am sure... Okay, maybe they were Tigers... oh what the hell... great game

Manso/V8
09-28-2011, 10:36 PM

I support all teams, including Wimberley! My allegiance lies with my home town team, the Bellville Brahmas, thought that was obvious from my screen name. No doubt, Wimberley is a top level program and would/could compete in any region. Yall and others have said that R4 is down compared to last year, and looking at last year's brackets, and this year's bracket, you may just have an easier path to the semi's than if you were in R3......not saying you wouldn't make it in R3, but at least this year, it might make for a tougher row to hoe.......gosh, sorry for butting in, but when wimbo_pro threw the early exit jab, I thought he might appreciate a mirror.

zebrablue2
09-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Now you know that flags can sustain drives, thus creating the yardage to pile up. There were at least three Zebras that I can absolutely say, without a doubt, were the main culprits and I know them by name... Seals, Jones and Davis. Wait, maybe there were just two or wait, seemed like three, yes I am sure... Okay, maybe they were Tigers... oh what the hell... great game

:clap:Yes it was a great game, would have loved to have seen it.

Tejastrue
09-28-2011, 11:14 PM
I support all teams, including Wimberley! My allegiance lies with my home town team, the Bellville Brahmas, thought that was obvious from my screen name. No doubt, Wimberley is a top level program and would/could compete in any region. Yall and others have said that R4 is down compared to last year, and looking at last year's brackets, and this year's bracket, you may just have an easier path to the semi's than if you were in R3......not saying you wouldn't make it in R3, but at least this year, it might make for a tougher row to hoe.......gosh, sorry for butting in, but when wimbo_pro threw the early exit jab, I thought he might appreciate a mirror.

My apologies for not recognizing the screen name reference. You guys are doing well this year. Congrats. I understand where you are coming from about the regions. In recent years R-4 has not been looked at as very strong. Cuero being down so far has magnified the so called decline. There are some teams showing signs of turning this around... Sam Houston, Canyon Lake, and Ingleside to name a few. To say we are fortunate, well, that is a shot. To say you support all teams... I dunno... we could use some booster help at the games.. any takers? Donations are always welcome.

hookandladder
09-29-2011, 06:52 AM
Nothing has changed here with my opinion. Still feel we are the better team. Always the need to improve. As in regards to the first part of your comment, it kinda sucks to know your own team is nowhere near either one of them.

Yes, we lost to them however we did not give up nearly as much total yards and total yards were even. Hey but whatever makes you feel good, even though you clearly gave almost 500 yards of total offense to Sealy. We played Sealy a very good game, judging by the stats maybe even better then you guys did but hey you got a 1 point win but that cannot make you feel real good when you guys were predicting a blowout. No need to worry though you will soon start your march down South and we all know just how tough that can be.

hookandladder
09-29-2011, 06:55 AM

BEAST

So this tread is just for the 2 teams, we have played Sealy so I feel I do have comment about there team.

hookandladder
09-29-2011, 07:00 AM

Playoff exit, that would 2 years ago after winning Region 4 and losing to State Champion Carthage. Now last year in baseball we lost out in the Regional championship. Kinda good.

ogg
09-29-2011, 09:03 AM

Prehaps if you had attended the game rather than basing your comments on stats you would understand our thoughts on the refs.

ronwx5x
09-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Prehaps if you had attended the game rather than basing your comments on stats you would understand our thoughts on the refs.

I attended the game and my impression was that while mistakes were made, Wimberley won and Sealy lost. The Texans dodged a bullet from the 2 pt attempt, or I should say stopped a bullet. I felt the refs did as good a job as can be expected based on their perspective. Both teams played their respective hearts out and either could have won. Seals Jones is good but not a punishing runner or blazingly fast. I was very surprised to see him taking snaps but that is my first Sealy game to see this year. He makes a better WR than QB in my opinion.

The game was definitely worth the hour's drive and I'm glad I went.

trojandad
09-29-2011, 09:25 AM
I attended the game and my impression was that while mistakes were made, Wimberley won and Sealy lost. The Texans dodged a bullet from the 2 pt attempt, or I should say stopped a bullet. I felt the refs did as good a job as can be expected based on their perspective. Both teams played their respective hearts out and either could have won. Seals Jones is good but not a punishing runner or blazingly fast. I was very surprised to see him taking snaps but that is my first Sealy game to see this year. He makes a better WR than QB in my opinion.

the coaching friend of mine that saw that game had the exact same assessment on seals jones as you did, almost word for word....:clap:

44INAROW
09-29-2011, 10:00 AM
lol dang, Zebra.. guess that will teach you to post stats.. :) :) :) I remember the last time I posted stats to make a point (ironically, it was a week BEFORE Cuero/Sealy game couple of years ago) I got blasted by a Sealy mom for being a couple yards wrong.. (I got the stats from their paper site but that's not the point) - funny, I never heard from her again.. (since we beat them the next week) :0 this has nothing to do with this thread - I just felt like saying it.. :crazy::cheerl: sounds like this was a heck of a game.. I hope the Tigers and Texans continue to play, I'd like to see one of their games!

Tejastrue
09-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Yes, we lost to them however we did not give up nearly as much total yards and total yards were even. Hey but whatever makes you feel good, even though you clearly gave almost 500 yards of total offense to Sealy. We played Sealy a very good game, judging by the stats maybe even better then you guys did but hey you got a 1 point win but that cannot make you feel real good when you guys were predicting a blowout. No need to worry though you will soon start your march down South and we all know just how tough that can be. Whatever makes me feel good? Do I detect some bitterness or animosity toward us Wimberley folk. Tis you who are in dire need of a moral victory after your loss to Sealy. I'm glad you found comfort in that. Maybe some of the Sealy supporters can hone in on this and share with you who they felt is the better team. Regarding the teams down South...any team we end up playing post season will be regarded with the same high respect we would give teams from any other area...yes even yours.

Tejastrue
09-29-2011, 11:11 AM

the coaching friend of mine that saw that game had the exact same assessment on seals jones as you did, almost word for word....:clap:

It appeared there were a lot of different perspective views that night. As far as Seals-Jones. The young man may not look "blazingly fast" but he takes five yard strides. To be a punishing runner you have to be somewhat lower to the ground. At 6'5", it's a little harder to do. He's alusive and yes, better suited for a WR. Problem being, he's probably the best they've got right now for the QB position, and that aint bad...

ronwx5x
09-29-2011, 11:26 AM
It appeared there were a lot of different perspective views that night. As far as Seals-Jones. The young man may not look "blazingly fast" but he takes five yard strides. To be a punishing runner you have to be somewhat lower to the ground. At 6'5", it's a little harder to do. He's alusive and yes, better suited for a WR. Problem being, he's probably the best they've got right now for the QB position, and that aint bad...

I would not disagree with any of what you say. If Sealy had a QB with a deadly arm, SJ would be a huge weapon.

Tejastrue
09-29-2011, 11:42 AM
http://www.sealynews.com/sports/article_d381ed8a-ea92-11e0-9d80-001cc4c002e0.html

hookandladder
09-29-2011, 11:44 AM

Great view, agree 100%. It just amazes me when fans make excuses about ref's blowing or missing calls, the ref's are doing the best they can just like the players are. Wimberley is definitely going to have a sucessful run this year and the same could be said about Sealy, just give credit when it is due and leave the excuses at home.

rb585
09-29-2011, 11:46 AM
http://www.sealynews.com/sports/article_d381ed8a-ea92-11e0-9d80-001cc4c002e0.html

On an option play, Seals-Jones kept the ball and plunged for the end zone and when the play was done it seemed like he got into the end zone, but the officials signaled that he was down without getting the ball over the goal line.

I'm sure he was at least three yards in the end zone this time.

buff4ever
09-29-2011, 01:30 PM
I take wimberley in this one, oh wait is it over already, did I get it right?:wave:

sTxforlife
09-29-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm sure he was at least three yards in the end zone this time.
actually he wasnt in and everybody agrees this time

Sportshack
09-29-2011, 02:27 PM

Really it was one particular sequence of 2 consecutive penalties that thwarted a great defensive stand and established Sealy at the 1 yard line with 1st down that got crowd really going-result 7 points. Then there was a clock problem in the last minute of game on last TD drive that got everyone really amped up. In my mind that clock problem did not effect game as Sealy scored last TD with 16 seconds left and the play in question did not lose 16 seconds of time. In addition, WHS had a TD called back on a holding call that was not recouped. A loooong punt return deep in Sealy territory called back on block in back call. I am not saying those were not good calls just always gonna frustrate fans as they were big demoralizers. Easily talking about 14 to 21 point swing. Sealy gave it heck and played well. No doubt about it. The game would have been much more managable if pass interference call had gone other way. In that situation, all of the yardage, etc. probaly mostly still in Sealy's stat column but it would have been an obvious Texans win with Sealy scoring late.

Sportshack
09-29-2011, 02:42 PM

Seals-Jones is not a natural passer as a QB...but he is devastating with the ball in his hands. A quick and agressive front 7 had him corraled on numerous occasisons only to have him "spit the bit" and either make a play with his feet are with his arm. He broke numerous tackles on the night. He is a beast and he will give every team he plays in regular season absoulute fits...without a doubt. While he likely will be a wide receiver down the road...he makes that team much, much better at the QB position. Canyon lake could not stop his running on last drive but coach decided to put him at receiver and throw to him and the offense stalled. I am positive that Wimberley would have preferred that he played Wide receiver. It is his combimation of size and mobility that make him a nightmare in a one on one match up at the 3A level. He absolutely is the main reason that team has reeled off over 34 points of scoring in all of their games but the Wimberley game. He is an athlete on the level of Sherman Gilbert at Coldsprings....a real difference maker who can sting you quick. I believe that is why he lines up at QB, although not a natural at the position. I think that his ability to be physical in running game might be a little deceptive. Just a different style.

trojandad
09-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Seals-Jones is not a natural passer as a QB...but he is devastating with the ball in his hands. A quick and agressive front 7 had him corraled on numerous occasisons only to have him "spit the bit" and either make a play with his feet are with his arm. He broke numerous tackles on the night. He is a beast and he will give every team he plays in regular season absoulute fits...without a doubt. While he likely will be a wide receiver down the road...he makes that team much, much better at the QB position. Canyon lake could not stop his running on last drive but coach decided to put him at receiver and throw to him and the offense stalled. I am positive that Wimberley would have preferred that he played Wide receiver. It is his combimation of size and mobility that make him a nightmare in a one on one match up at the 3A level. He absolutely is the main reason that team has reeled off over 34 points of scoring in all of their games but the Wimberley game. He is an athlete on the level of Sherman Gilbert at Coldsprings....a real difference maker who can sting you quick. I believe that is why he lines up at QB, although not a natural at the position. I think that his ability to be physical in running game might be a little deceptive. Just a different style.

you may be right, is why i like quoting opinions of people that scouting is what they do for a living and not try to put my two bits in except when asked for them...i know, i can hear it now, "TRY HARDER, TROJANDAD!!!"....lol...i was passing on someone elses opinion who does this for a living, he may know a lot and may know nothing....

Manso/V8
09-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Kids like RSJ can help out a high school team out in a variety of positions. From what I have seen and now heard, it seems like he would project well as a TE at the D1 level. I'm sure he could play WR as well, he certainly has elite ups.............as demonstrated repeatedly with thundering dunks during basketball season.
Sealy kids I know say he prefers to pursue basketball. I think he may have his choice.

Sportshack
09-29-2011, 03:39 PM
you may be right, is why i like quoting opinions of people that scouting is what they do for a living and not try to put my two bits in except when asked for them...i know, i can hear it now, "TRY HARDER, TROJANDAD!!!"....lol...i was passing on someone elses opinion who does this for a living, he may know a lot and may know nothing....

Just my amature humble opinion that he is a big time difference maker. I am sure a professional looks at different things that I do and has more knowledge. I know some D-1 schools are recruiting him like UT, LSU, etc. but definitely not as a QB. He is getting written up on recruiting websites like Orangebloods.com with interviews, etc. and I think that usually means the professionals at schools like UT think there is something there.

I am not saying he cannot be stopped. I am just saying that IMHO it will take a really, really athletic, physical and overall fast defense to hold him down. Just chiming in my observations as I saw him play Canyon lake and Wimberley games and realized that he is a handful even as an unnatural QB. It could be that Wimberley's defense is just not athletic enough to shut him down and others will match up better.

Tejastrue
09-29-2011, 04:33 PM
you may be right, is why i like quoting opinions of people that scouting is what they do for a living and not try to put my two bits in except when asked for them...i know, i can hear it now, "try harder, trojandad!!!"....lol...i was passing on someone elses opinion who does this for a living, he may know a lot and may know nothing....

try harder, trojandad!!!

trojandad
09-29-2011, 07:29 PM
try harder, trojandad!!!

yes sir....:taunt:

HSFB
09-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Just my amature humble opinion that he is a big time difference maker. I am sure a professional looks at different things that I do and has more knowledge. I know some D-1 schools are recruiting him like UT, LSU, etc. but definitely not as a QB. He is getting written up on recruiting websites like Orangebloods.com with interviews, etc. and I think that usually means the professionals at schools like UT think there is something there.

I am not saying he cannot be stopped. I am just saying that IMHO it will take a really, really athletic, physical and overall fast defense to hold him down. Just chiming in my observations as I saw him play Canyon lake and Wimberley games and realized that he is a handful even as an unnatural QB. It could be that Wimberley's defense is just not athletic enough to shut him down and others will match up better.

I agree Shack, and even an amature eye can tell that this kid is a "big time difference maker" and ESPECIALLY at the 3A level. I played HS football in southeast Texas back in the ole HS glory days, lived in Katy for a spell and followed those powerhouses in the late 90's and early 2K's and on to Wimberley after that for even more great HS ball. During that period, and before, I have seen countless HS football games and witnessed performances/seasons by some great HS football players who went on to excel at major DIV 1 football programs and handful even made it to the NFL level. Point is that Seals-Jones would rank right up there with some of the very best players that I have seen play at the HS level.

I am not knocking what trojandad :stirpot: is saying AT ALL as he is just relaying information...and I'm trying to play nice :) ..... but if the mentioned scout thinks that Seals-Jones is just another guy then he really needs to put down the bottle and lay off the hallunicates before viewing games or start dusting off his resume because that is just a piss-poor evaluation.

hookandladder
09-30-2011, 08:22 AM
I agree Shack, and even an amature eye can tell that this kid is a "big time difference maker" and ESPECIALLY at the 3A level. I played HS football in southeast Texas back in the ole HS glory days, lived in Katy for a spell and followed those powerhouses in the late 90's and early 2K's and on to Wimberley after that for even more great HS ball. During that period, and before, I have seen countless HS football games and witnessed performances/seasons by some great HS football players who went on to excel at major DIV 1 football programs and handful even made it to the NFL level. Point is that Seals-Jones would rank right up there with some of the very best players that I have seen play at the HS level.

I am not knocking what trojandad :stirpot: is saying AT ALL as he is just relaying information...and I'm trying to play nice :) ..... but if the mentioned scout thinks that Seals-Jones is just another guy then he really needs to put down the bottle and lay off the hallunicates before viewing games or start dusting off his resume because that is just a piss-poor evaluation.

He is the best athlete I have seen play in this area in a long time, after we played them when he was in 8th grade he could have started for most any 3A team in the state as an 8th grader. As for as basketball it would have been the same thing, as an 8th grader he was just unbeleiveable. He is one of those rare athlete's that only come along every once in a long while, last year when he played WR he was just a good weapon but with him at QB this year he is damn near unstopable. Good Luck to any team that thinks they can contain him.

trojandad
09-30-2011, 09:23 AM

well first, about the coach, copenhagen is as strong as he gets....

but hold on, cowboy, nobody, not me, my coachin friend, ron or anybody said, howd you put it "seals jones is just another guy"...i think they both said they expected more and saw a good runner but not the one hyped by your team....id love to have him on our team, i just didnt see an elite guy at this level, at least not at the position played....in diboll years ago they had jermichael finley, who went on to ut and now with the packers, we played them several times with him on their team and in junior high they had him at qb out of necessity just like you guys and he was a fish outta water....he moved to te/wr and took off, ut wanted him as a soph...

your guy is a good comparison to our james scott 3 years ago, another guy that was the same build as a senior in high school as he was in the 7th grade, around 6'4", 6'5", around 220 in 7th grade, 250 as a senior....he was a far better runner than seals-jones in my opinion, had the stats to prove it, committed to tech after his soph year and had ut chasing him his senior year when he played cleveland and knocked clevelands dt that ut was after on his butt several times....anyway this coach, ron and myself all saw scott run and he was a far different runner and, imo, a lot better than your guy....and i guess to give you a little ofyour own medicine back since your firing off at people that havent been firing back at you, if you want to see good sealy running backs, youtube the 95-96 rbs.....ill agree with you that THEY were outstanding....seals-jones, though very good, wouldnt hold a candle to those guys....

NOW you got something to beef about....lol :stirpot:

Sportshack
09-30-2011, 09:55 AM

but hold on, cowboy, nobody, not me, my coachin friend, ron or anybody said, howd you put it "seals jones is just another guy"...i think they both said they expected more and saw a good runner but not the one hyped by your team....id love to have him on our team, i just didnt see an elite guy at this level, at least not at the position played....in diboll years ago they had jermichael finley, who went on to ut and now with the packers, we played them several times with him on their team and in junior high they had him at qb out of necessity just like you guys and he was a fish outta water....he moved to te/wr and took off, ut wanted him as a soph...

your guy is a good comparison to our james scott 3 years ago, another guy that was the same build as a senior in high school as he was in the 7th grade, around 6'4", 6'5", around 220 in 7th grade, 250 as a senior....he was a far better runner than seals-jones in my opinion, had the stats to prove it, committed to tech after his soph year and had ut chasing him his senior year when he played cleveland and knocked clevelands dt that ut was after on his butt several times....anyway this coach, ron and myself all saw scott run and he was a far different runner and, imo, a lot better than your guy....and i guess to give you a little ofyour own medicine back since your firing off at people that havent been firing back at you, if you want to see good sealy running backs, youtube the 95-96 rbs.....ill agree with you that THEY were outstanding....seals-jones, though very good, wouldnt hold a candle to those guys....

Seals-Jones is not, I repeat not playing RB!!!!! Vince Young would not have made a good RB...but he made a hell of a great running QB. Similar comparison. Running off schedule from the QB position is a whole differnt kettle of fish than running off tackle. I agree with you that he does not run like a tradiional RB and the broken tackles I referred to were almost always more of shrugging off tackles of linemen that were out of position as they tried to sack him and of DB's in open field where he would stiff arm and step out of failed grasps at legs by smaller DB's. I also saw a CL lineman have him dead to rights on a pass play and hit him but not be able to get him to ground before he twirled around a bit and threw ball away. Comparing him to great RB's of yester year on teams that were not running such a scheme or playing that position in such a scheme is a bit apples and oranges. It is a different kind of physical as he has great stiff arm, he is elusive in a very odd way, and flat out pulls away from defenders in about 3 long strides. Would his bag of tricks work against a 250 lb defensive end at a bigtime D-1 school...not so much...and that is why he will likely be a receiver. I will agree with anyone that CL and Wimberley do not have the most physical of defenses from a size and speed standpoint. However, Wimberley's front 7 to 8 is better than last year and very quick at DL and LB positions.Their secondary is likely not much different although they did lose their senior safety (at end of Sealy game early in final drive I think but in 4th quarter). They more than held their own but definitley got fatigued with his off schedule plays where they had to chase a long way.

trojandad
09-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Seals-Jones is not, I repeat not playing RB!!!!! Vince Young would not have made a good RB...but he made a hell of a great running QB. Similar comparison. Running off schedule from the QB position is a whole differnt kettle of fish than running off tackle. I agree with you that he does not run like a tradiional RB and the broken tackles I referred to were almost always more of shrugging off tackles of linemen that were out of position as they tried to sack him and of DB's in open field where he would stiff arm and step out of failed grasps at legs by smaller DB's. I also saw a CL lineman have him dead to rights on a pass play and hit him but not be able to get him to ground before he twirled around a bit and threw ball away. Comparing him to great RB's of yester year on teams that were not running such a scheme or playing that position in such a scheme is a bit apples and oranges. It is a different kind of physical as he has great stiff arm, he is elusive in a very odd way, and flat out pulls away from defenders in about 3 long strides. Would his bag of tricks work against a 250 lb defensive end at a bigtime D-1 school...not so much...and that is why he will likely be a receiver. I will agree with anyone that CL and Wimberley do not have the most physical of defenses from a size and speed standpoint. However, Wimberley's front 7 to 8 is better than last year and very quick at DL and LB positions.Their secondary is likely not much different although they did lose their senior safety. They more than held their own but definitley got fatigued with his off schedule plays where they had to chase a long way.

:sleeping: if the man is running more than passing, hes SUPPOSED to be compared to runners...

you know what?, your right, i trembled when i saw him, i wanted to gold plate his hyphen, im sure sorry to have interrupted your dream guy...im gonna go hit my knees that his shadow never comes and scares our guys in the playoffs...im gonna go get my paintball and shoot that coach for disparaging your boy in the least....

boy, was my grandpa right.....

rb585
09-30-2011, 10:18 AM
I think Jer Finley is a good comp.

SJ could be a beast at TE in college. I suspect that UT will offer him at their first junior day.

Sportshack
09-30-2011, 10:31 AM
:sleeping: if the man is running more than passing, hes SUPPOSED to be compared to runners...

you know what?, your right, i trembled when i saw him, i wanted to gold plate his hyphen, im sure sorry to have interrupted your dream guy...im gonna go hit my knees that his shadow never comes and scares our guys in the playoffs...im gonna go get my paintball and shoot that coach for disparaging your boy in the least....

boy, was my grandpa right.....

I was originally just trying to give you a different perspective since you had not seen the game. I then thought I would try to paint a little bit different picture in my last post since you were essentially downplaying his ability to impact a game as compared to other notable running backs! In addiiton, my post agreed with you that he would not stack up to those RB's becuase he has a different type of role. I just pointed out that it might be like comparing apples and oranges due to those roles. He is a difference maker at the 3A level. i am convicned that without him the game would not have been so dramatic at all. I also said a very physical, athletic and fast defense could hold him down. Coldspring apparently has such a defense since you consider them better than last year and I was very impressed with them last year (see...we agree on more things). Just my perspective and it appears that I disagree with your contact on his abilities to impact a game (not play RB). Just giving an opinion like your friend and for that matter you. Thought you might be interested.

trojandad
09-30-2011, 10:44 AM
I was originally just trying to give you a different perspective since you had not seen the game. I then thought I would try to paint a little bit different picture in my last post since you were essentially downplaying his ability to impact a game as compared to other notable running backs! In addiiton, my post agreed with you that he would not stack up to those RB's becuase he has a different type of role. I just pointed out that it might be like comparing apples and oranges due to those roles. He is a difference maker at the 3A level. i am convicned that without him the game would not have been so dramatic at all. I also said a very physical, athletic and fast defense could hold him down. Coldspring apparently has such a defense since you consider them better than last year and I was very impressed with them last year (see...we agree on more things). Just my perspective and it appears that I disagree with your contact on his abilities to impact a game (not play RB). Just giving an opinion like your friend and for that matter you. Thought you might be interested.

no, brother, i said i saw tape from that coaching friend, about a quarter...now to be fair, i saw 2nd qtr tape and you guys came back on them, so who knows, i mighta changed my mind then...you guys arent the only people pumping seals jones, dave campbell was all over him....with all the hype i just expected to see king kong on the tapes and didnt....the guy played hard, gave good effort, but sometimes gilbert plays qb for us and id just take our guy over yours at that position, even tho both of them are out of position at qb....your guy might be better than gilbert, thats why they make vanilla and chocolate...:)

i dont know where id play your guy on our defense, im sure hed help with his size and build....id still love to see him about 35 pounds heavier next year playing a 3 pt DE....i think he could give OT's fits beating them around the corner....but hes prolly gonna take the jer finley route...good luck to you guys....

ronwx5x
09-30-2011, 11:04 AM
One thing I believe we all agree is that, due to circumstances, SJ is not playing in his natural position. My thought is that he is a WR or DB. In college a TE does a great deal of blocking and at his current weight, SJ might not be a natural there either. My money is on WR or DB, but that is strictly a layman's view based on one game.

He is a tremendous asset for his team as he is no slouch at any position they use him. I also think he is probably a very good basketball player with his athleticism and heighth.

Tejastrue
09-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Wow, feeling a little helter-skelter after reading the newer posts so I had to stop and collect my thoughts. Okay... I would imagine the Sealy fans are probably just eating this up but could it be that some of us from Wimberley are making S-J out to be "all world" because it helps to justify what happened last Friday night? If we want to compete late in the year, we'll need to improve on our containment of players such as S-J because the last few games, the featured athletes will be much more formidable.

TD, thanks for trying harder..:evillol:

Sportshack
09-30-2011, 11:27 AM
no, brother, i said i saw tape from that coaching friend, about a quarter...now to be fair, i saw 2nd qtr tape and you guys came back on them, so who knows, i mighta changed my mind then...you guys arent the only people pumping seals jones, dave campbell was all over him....with all the hype i just expected to see king kong on the tapes and didnt....the guy played hard, gave good effort, but sometimes gilbert plays qb for us and id just take our guy over yours at that position, even tho both of them are out of position at qb....your guy might be better than gilbert, thats why they make vanilla and chocolate...:)

i dont know where id play your guy on our defense, im sure hed help with his size and build....id still love to see him about 35 pounds heavier next year playing a 3 pt DE....i think he could give OT's fits beating them around the corner....but hes prolly gonna take the jer finley route...good luck to you guys....

I guess I did not see that post about watching film. I saw this post from you..."the coaching friend of mine that saw that game had the exact same assessment on seals jones as you did, almost word for word....". Also, I am from Wimberley and supporter of those undersized, slow footed , yet scrappy Texans!!! I was just disagreeing with what I believed was info you got and truly just giving a shout out becuase that did not match my assessment of his impact in not one but two games that I saw. I saw him play QB agaisnt Canyon lake cuz Wimbo's game was canceled that night and he ran the ball even better agains them!!!! He did not pass well against CL. If your eyeball opinion is that he is not that dynamic so be it. I can tell you have a lot of experience in evaluating teams and players. I will add that Sherman got to play behind your line last year and Seals-Jones is playing behind a line that to me is a work in progress. I am not sure how good your o-line is this year but they appear to be pretty darn good based on scores and stats and they sur seemed solid last year.

garciap77
09-30-2011, 11:42 AM
http://mason-photography.com/2/b7a38#/gallery/football-texans-31-sealy-30/sealy-90381/

2 yards?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/football_ref_touchdown_hclear1-1-2.gif

trojandad
09-30-2011, 11:44 AM
TD, thanks for trying harder..:evillol:

hey, i could only take so many poke in the chops without dodging...lol

im gonna keep my mouth shut about him, with my luck well meet in the playoffs and hell run for 500 and throw for 500....

and before anyone jumps on that, i realize theyll prolly go dI.....

HSFB
09-30-2011, 12:35 PM

“Copenhagen is as strong as he gets”……uh, ok….I’ll have to take your word on that.

Not firing back at anyone at all. In fact, I really did not pay attention to any names that that you dropped as I do not have time to drill down in to the granular details. However, anyone with the name of Copenhagen has to be good to go…..great name for a coach. Reminds me of an old O-Coordinator in HS who would have a big wad a chew in his mouth and you would actually get a little spew of it if he was pizzed-off and you were the reason for that. Picture a DI letting a recruit know about an opportunity for improvement.

Anyway, your guy…my guy….I really do not have a dog in this hunt. Nor do I claim to be an expert talent evaluator as I’m just going off of my experiences. In addition, I have seen SJ play in person a couple of times now and you have not had that opportunity. So maybe the best way to help with your understanding of SJ's skill set is to draw comparisons based on a player that you have actually seen quite often. In this case we will stick with the your guy/my guy naming convention.

Your guy is an outstanding player and I certainly had the opportunity to see that during last year’s Semi’s…..WOW. He is ranked 89th in the Lone Star Recruiting Ranking of the Top 100 players in the state of Texas for 2012 and has an offer from Lamar with interest from okie st, tech, & A&M

“My guy” is ranked as the #4 the best player in the state by the same service for 2013 and has an offer on the table from LSU with Notre Dame and Texas, among others, showing interest.

So anyway, hope this helps shed a little more light on the talent level evaluation of “my guy” based on someone that you are quite familar with and on the opinions of Rivals, Lone Star Recruiting & your sources......and maybe not but it always helps to have as much information as possible available when making these observations.

trojandad
09-30-2011, 01:03 PM
“Copenhagen is as strong as he gets”……uh, ok….I’ll have to take your word on that.

Not firing back at anyone at all. In fact, I really did not pay attention to any names that that you dropped as I do not have time to drill down in to the granular details. However, anyone with the name of Copenhagen has to be good to go…..great name for a coach. Reminds me of an old O-Coordinator in HS who would have a big wad a chew in his mouth and you would actually get a little spew of it if he was pizzed-off and you were the reason for that. Picture a DI letting a recruit know about an opportunity for improvement.

Anyway, your guy…my guy….I really do not have a dog in this hunt. Nor do I claim to be an expert talent evaluator as I’m just going off of my experiences. In addition, I have seen SJ play in person a couple of times now and you have not had that opportunity. So maybe the best way to help with your understanding of SJ's skill set is to draw comparisons based on a player that you have actually seen quite often. In this case we will stick with the your guy/my guy naming convention.

Your guy is an outstanding player and I certainly had the opportunity to see that during last year’s Semi’s…..WOW. He is ranked 89th in the Lone Star Recruiting Ranking of the Top 100 players in the state of Texas for 2012 and has an offer from Lamar with interest from okie st, tech, & A&M

“My guy” is ranked as the #4 the best player in the state by the same service for 2013 and has an offer on the table from LSU with Notre Dame and Texas, among others, showing interest.

So anyway, hope this helps shed a little more light on the talent level evaluation of “my guy” based on someone that you are quite familar with and on the opinions of Rivals, Lone Star Recruiting & your sources......and maybe not but it always helps to have as much information as possible available when making these observations.

guess you showed me....

and btw, the same guides showed gilbert, the UT qb #1....have a good day....:1popcorn:

HSFB
09-30-2011, 01:18 PM
guess you showed me....

and btw, the same guides showed gilbert, the UT qb #1....have a good day....:1popcorn:

At this point I’m reminded of a scene from one my all-time favorite movies…Patton.

It’s the scene towards the end of the movie where the Russian General wants to drink a toast with Patton.

Well for those of you who know the movie, there is some push-back but they eventually agree to do a toast together with a very wary eye with Patton stating “from one sob to another”…I think that is where trojandad and I stand at this time. :)

…and since this is my post then I get to be Patton in this scenario

Sportshack
09-30-2011, 02:08 PM
At this point I’m reminded of a scene from one my all-time favorite movies…Patton.

It’s the scene towards the end of the movie where the Russian General wants to drink a toast with Patton.

Well for those of you who know the movie, there is some push-back but they eventually agree to do a toast together with a very wary eye with Patton stating “from one sob to another”…I think that is where trojandad and I stand at this time. :)

Well Trojandad and HSFB...you gents shore do put up some creative and funny comments...I am not worthy, I am not worthy...LOL! HSFB...that scene from Patton is a classic!

trojandad
09-30-2011, 03:05 PM

GREAT summary....from one sob to two others (hfsb and sportshack)....ill be the russkie....lol....i HATED that russkie....

Tejastrue
09-30-2011, 06:04 PM
GREAT summary....from one sob to two others (hfsb and sportshack)....ill be the russkie....lol....i HATED that russkie....

I know you got more ammo left than that TD.:1popcorn:

wimbo_pro
09-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Yes, we lost to them however we did not give up nearly as much total yards and total yards were even. Hey but whatever makes you feel good, even though you clearly gave almost 500 yards of total offense to Sealy. We played Sealy a very good game, judging by the stats maybe even better then you guys did but hey you got a 1 point win but that cannot make you feel real good when you guys were predicting a blowout. No need to worry though you will soon start your march down South and we all know just how tough that can be.

I too predicted a 14 point win...but also said if we didnt take care of business, Sealy would put it to us. Thats exactly what happened. So as far as predictions, I missed the final score but was accurate in how the gamew turned out. I can take that.

Manso/V8
09-30-2011, 11:19 PM
I too predicted a 14 point win...but also said if we didnt take care of business, Sealy would put it to us. Thats exactly what happened. So as far as predictions, I missed the final score but was accurate in how the gamew turned out. I can take that.

I say Sealy makes a late surge, goes for two, and this time the refs get the call right.
32-31 Sealy.

Congrats on missing the score, but calling the outcome. You want to congratulate me on missing the outcome but coming real close on how the game drama would play out?

Tejastrue
09-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Congrats on missing the score, but calling the outcome. You want to congratulate me on missing the outcome but coming real close on how the game drama would play out?

Fail....:thmbdwn:

Manso/V8
10-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Fail....:thmbdwn:

You again?

Tejastrue
10-02-2011, 06:08 PM
You again? :wave: