PDA

View Full Version : PROSPER @ ARGYLE: What can you expect???

regaleagle
09-17-2011, 02:45 AM
It's been a sort of rivalry for the past 5 years. Both teams will treat this game like a playoff game. Any thoughts on this one? After Bridgeport, who knows what to think of Prosper.

bobcat1
09-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Should be good. Going with Argyle at home.

BobcatBennie
09-17-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm gonna go with the Eagles in this one.

DavidWooderson
09-17-2011, 11:28 AM
That's probably a safe bet....I'll take the Eagles by 7

regaleagle
09-17-2011, 12:33 PM
You guys know darn well both teams are called Eagles:iagree:

OldNavy
09-18-2011, 07:05 AM
You guys know darn well both teams are called Eagles:iagree:

The Eagle wins, but which Eagle; the plad socked eagle or the green P eagle? I'll take the Argyle Eagle in a close bird fight. I think both have good D this year, but I think Argyle is a little better in the airborne game. This should be a really good game.

orange machine
09-18-2011, 10:28 AM
I'll take Argyle by 21. I love Bport but they are way down and not very good this year. Prosper is decent, but nothing special. Argyle rolls.

ssgmp5150
09-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Argyle big in this one!

OldNavy
09-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Argyle big in this one!

I don't see this as a BIG win for Argyle unless Prosper turns it over a few times. Prosper has done that, but Prosper D is solid and strong and their O can eat up some clock. Turnovers have killed Prosper in loses to two real good teams. I am not saying Prosper wins, I think Argyle wins, but it will be a good game and not a big blow-out IMHO.

sandbagger
09-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Arglye big. Prosper D sucks. Bport not that good

bobcat4life
09-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Argyle by 14-21 points

LionFan72
09-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Argyle by however many they want to put on the board.

Original68
09-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Comig home to watch this game lost to Argyle my senior year by 3 and they stormed the field hated it lets get a big win Prosper!

Black Swarm
09-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Argyle

WildTexan972
09-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Argyle is good enough this year that this is no "playoff game" to them....just another tuneup for the district season coming up....Prosper still has that "We were terrible for 40 years but now we want respect" chip on their should so they think they have real rivalries with every opponent.....

waterboy
09-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Argyle should win this one.......by a few TDs. Prosper is down a little, and Argyle is as good as last year if not better.

garciap77
09-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Eagles by 21!:D

firstdown
09-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Argyle Eagles by 21!:D

There I fixed it for ya. :cheerl:

orange machine
09-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Argyle should win this one.......by a few TDs. Prosper is down a little, and Argyle is as good as last year if not better.
A little better ah try alot they will win the d2 title.

garciap77
09-21-2011, 06:43 PM
There I fixed it for ya. :cheerl:

Thanks!:D

eagle9
09-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Argyle goes down tonight, they overlook a revenge seeking Prosper team.

RPF2666
09-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Argyle by 2 TDs, minimum... One man band doesn't often beat VERY good teams...

BullBoy
09-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Argyle by 21

firstdown
09-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Argyle goes down tonight, they overlook a revenge seeking Prosper team.

You're right we'll go down....the field and score repeatedly. How did that revenge thing work for ya the two times we beat ya last year. Is our old Coach Williams still the OC for you guys?

eagle9
09-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Prosper has never had an OC named coach williams. Look for Prosper's new offense to start clicking tonight, it will be a lot closer than you expect

firstdown
09-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Prosper has never had an OC named coach williams. Look for Prosper's new offense to start clicking tonight, it will be a lot closer than you expect

My bad, that's right it's Coach Peevehouse (sp) and he was our receivers coach a couple of years ago. I heard the same junk out of Prosper last year, we beat you by as many points as the Coach wants.

BLACK ATTACK
09-23-2011, 05:34 PM
My bad, that's right it's Coach Peevehouse (sp) and he was our receivers coach a couple of years ago. I heard the same junk out of Prosper last year, we beat you by as many points as the Coach wants.

Glad to see you talking some smack, dude!

LionFan72
09-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Surely wasn't expecting these results, what happened? Injuries, or just a whipping?

RPF2666
09-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Judging by the Box Score and lack of 'chit-chat', it was a whipping!

I stand corrected on my comment earlier in this thread!

LionFan72
09-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Judging by the Box Score and lack of 'chit-chat', it was a whipping!

I stand corrected on my comment earlier in this thread!

Kinda looks like a whipping, but is early this morning, give you all a chance to tell the rest of us what happened. Unexpected by the majority I think. Good win for Prosper, and good luck to Argyle the rest of way.

eagle9
09-24-2011, 09:08 AM
You're right we'll go down....the field and score repeatedly. Good call on that one haha, I warned you Prosper's offense would start clicking. Maybe next time you will listen and not be so cocky.

LionFan72
09-24-2011, 09:33 AM
Good call on that one haha, I warned you Prosper's offense would start clicking. Maybe next time you will listen and not be so cocky.

Not asking for jabs man, what happened? Strengths and weaknesses!

regaleagle
09-24-2011, 12:46 PM
No excuses here. I told you posters this team is a kind of 'rival' to us the last 5-6 years. They have size, speed, and atheletes. Their newly installed offense this year is starting to click now. First Bridgeport, now Argyle. These boys are physical, fast, and were taking no prisoners last nite.They came to lay the wood, and the wood was laid, believe me. Like I said, NO EXCUSES HERE for losing to this team last nite. You'll see them all the way til we meet them again in the playoffs for a rematch. Congrats to the Prosper Eagles and their coaching staff. QB Javelle Allen is Mr. Do It All. THE REAL DEAL.

PHOP
09-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Gotta give KUDOS to the Prosper D. Argyle QB has owned Prosper since he was a Sophomore; our D was awesome and relentless. Big ole 77 of Argyle is also a beast; honestly they have two stars the QB and 77...average at best everywhere else, well at least yesterday. Good Luck to both teams

LionFan72
09-26-2011, 07:41 AM
Anyway you cut it, it was an upset! Really must have upset the Argyle folks, they have vacated the board.

firstdown
09-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Good call on that one haha, I warned you Prosper's offense would start clicking. Maybe next time you will listen and not be so cocky.

You were correct. Great game and win by Prosper you beat us in every facet of the game. I guess I shouldn't drink the Kool-aid. The last time I boasted about our boys was 4 years ago, win Bridgeport came into our house walked out with a win. 2 home losses in 4 years isn't to bad.... Good Luck to you guys you have a great team.

waterboy
09-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Add me to the "surprised" list. I thought Argyle would have their way with Prosper this year. Boy, was I wrong! Way to go Prosper!

ssgmp5150
09-26-2011, 04:31 PM
All I can say is wow! Congratulations Prosper Eagles! I thought Argyle would have their way with you. Reminds me of the year Pleasant Grove smacked em around in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Both times I thought Argyle was a legitimate state title contender, only to find out I was sadly mistaken! Best of luck on the remainder of the season to both teams.

BLACK ATTACK
09-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Every dog has its day, Prosper had theirs. They played great in every phase of the game. We played incredibly bad and uninspired. This tends to happen when you have not been challenged for the most part during the regular season in a few years. You begin to approach a game like you are entitled to win just for showing up. This isn't a BW post (not all you guys) so I am not going to sit here and point out a thousand excuses why Argyle didn't win. It wasn't the refs, we didn't have injuries. We got our ass whipped, plain and simple. It happens. I will caution you guys not to discount Argyle as the season progresses. I look at this as a wake up call. I would also caution those that will play Prosper now that things are beginning to click with all the talent they have. Don't overlook them because they have lost 2 games. So, get in your jabs on Argyle now, we will be fine when it counts.

LionFan72
09-27-2011, 12:06 AM
Every dog has its day, Prosper had theirs. They played great in every phase of the game. We played incredibly bad and uninspired. This tends to happen when you have not been challenged for the most part during the regular season in a few years. You begin to approach a game like you are entitled to win just for showing up. This isn't a BW post (not all you guys) so I am not going to sit here and point out a thousand excuses why Argyle didn't win. It wasn't the refs, we didn't have injuries. We got our ass whipped, plain and simple. It happens. I will caution you guys not to discount Argyle as the season progresses. I look at this as a wake up call. I would also caution those that will play Prosper now that things are beginning to click with all the talent they have. Don't overlook them because they have lost 2 games. So, get in your jabs on Argyle now, we will be fine when it counts.

Wasn't taking a jab at all my friend, I was literally astonished when I read the score Saturday! Sorry for the loss, but Prosper must have a fairly decent team. How the team handles the loss will tell everything, I fully expect Argyle to go deep once again in the playoffs. Glad to hear there were no injuries. This counts for absolutely nothing except an experience to grow your team. Good luck to both teams on a successful season.

BLACK ATTACK
09-27-2011, 12:16 AM
Wasn't taking a jab at all my friend, I was literally astonished when I read the score Saturday! Sorry for the loss, but Prosper must have a fairly decent team. How the team handles the loss will tell everything, I fully expect Argyle to go deep once again in the playoffs. Glad to hear there were no injuries. This counts for absolutely nothing except an experience to grow your team. Good luck to both teams on a successful season.

Appreciate that. Sucks to lose though, when you probably shouldn't have. But I'm telling you Prosper played lights out. Their staff had those kids fired up and ready to play. Fully expect us to bounce back and be fine.

What's up with the Lions? Seem to be struggling some this year. Had to be tough to lose all that talent from last year.

LionFan72
09-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Appreciate that. Sucks to lose though, when you probably shouldn't have. But I'm telling you Prosper played lights out. Their staff had those kids fired up and ready to play. Fully expect us to bounce back and be fine.

What's up with the Lions? Seem to be struggling some this year. Had to be tough to lose all that talent from last year.

It was a insurmountable loss seeing those kids from 2010 move on! The offense from last year was unmatchable, and I have seen a lot of high school football. Never seen a kid like Jaxon Shipley, he is the total package, barring injuries, he will be better than Jordan 10 fold.

We are in a rebuilding year with a less talented pool to choose from. Not dissing the boys at all, we are reloading, only 4 starters back from last year. We are looking at a total opposite offense from last year, more run based. Once again, our defense is suspect, or more specific the run defense is lacking. Plus the injury bug has slapped us pretty hard. Looks a little bleak from the Lions cage this year, still expect a 2-3 game run in playoffs.

DeuceDeuce
09-27-2011, 10:45 AM

I would hardly say Prosper played great in every phase of the game:

2 fumbles, (One lead to Argyle's 2nd TD)
Missed FG
Roughing the punter to give Argyle a new set of downs
A penalty that negated an inteception
Another penalty that negated a fumble recovery.
I think Prosper had over 100 yards in penalties.
They turned it over on downs twice inside Argyle's 25. ( That would be 3 trips in the red zone without points for Prosper)

I do not think anyone would say Prosper played great, they played better than Argyle, but not GREAT.

Eagle2
09-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Prosper did play a great game. Yes they had some mistakes like that block in the back on the int return for a TD. Yes they had other mistakes but they played 4 solid quarters of football on both sides of the ball. I do think that Prosper got some terrible calls against them in that first half that they overcame, those refs were brutal. I also am smart enough to know that Argyle has a very athletic group and the roles could have been reversed very easily. That night was Prosper's night and I was glad to see it. They took a huge step in the right direction over the past 2 games. I don't think anyone will "look forward" to drawing either one of these teams come playoff time. They will both be a tough team to eliminate. There is a great chance they'll see each other again about that time....YIKES!!!

BEAST
09-27-2011, 02:06 PM
I think I missed it, but what was the final score?

BEAST

waterboy
09-27-2011, 03:11 PM
I think I missed it, but what was the final score?

BEAST
I think it was 35-14.

ahs_indian_fan
09-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Just curious, but what does this game say about Alvarado and its defense?

bowleghorses
09-28-2011, 09:01 AM
That they faced Prosper before they started clicking.

ahs_indian_fan
09-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Figured that'd be the case, but still not bad for a team that scored 54 the week before and 49 and 35 the two weeks after. I believe that was the first time since '07 playoffs that Prosper had scored less than 10 points ... but you're right, Prosper just started clicking, had nothing to do with the defense.

bowleghorses
09-28-2011, 09:12 AM
Im just kidding with you...the indians look like they are for real this year.

bowleghorses
09-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Just kidding with you, the indians appear to be the real deal this year. I see they have a Hardy boy on the team.

bowleghorses
09-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Is he from Louisiana originally?