PDA

View Full Version : orangefield @ coldspring...

trojandad
09-17-2011, 01:03 AM
well, had absolutely zero bars at the game, couldnt do anything on the phone, so i spent the night watching the game and yakking with gsquared...enjoyed talking football and bbq....

when i left the game the scoreboard said 50-0, but the chronicle has the score 47-0....we held orangefield to less than 100 yds total offense while racking up 503 yds....game included a 105 yd interception return by jerrell sykes for a td....gilbert had his typical 150+ rushing,monroe looked good as the second back....our qb passed for almost 50% which is good for us....

it was a comfortable night, good fellowship (g2 brought absolutely NO ribs with him from floridas to share) and my wife and daughter really enjoyed meeting him....now to get ready for district play....

btw, i found the chronicles mistake, it WAS 50-0....

Txbroadcaster
09-17-2011, 01:10 AM
well, had absolutely zero bars at the game, couldnt do anything on the phone, so i spent the night watching the game and yakking with gsquared...enjoyed talking football and bbq....

when i left the game the scoreboard said 50-0, but the chronicle has the score 47-0....we held orangefield to less than 100 yds total offense while racking up 503 yds....game included a 105 yd interception return by jerrell sykes for a td....gilbert had his typical 150+ rushing,monroe looked good as the second back....our qb passed for almost 50% which is good for us....

it was a comfortable night, good fellowship (g2 brought absolutely NO ribs with him from floridas to share) and my wife and daughter really enjoyed meeting him....now to get ready for district play....

G was very impressed with the speed of CS this year and thinks they MIGHT be better than last year...gonna be a fun show with how things went this week!!

trojandad
09-17-2011, 01:16 AM
g2 was amazed at all the different guys we have capable of running the ball.....jerrell sykes would easily start on most teams, even ours, at rb, but he might be the best corner in the state....he intercepted in the center of the endzone, backed up 3 times to avoid tacklers while looking for a crease, then shot thru it for 105 yd return...g2 was jumping up and down going "did you see that? did you see that?"....he also likes the soph running backs that showed their stuff tonight.....we had 2 - 1000 yd rushers on the jv last year that have moved up....was a good night....

orangefield only suited 28 guys....they worked hard, just sure looked to not have a spark.....